• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8968 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 247

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 245 246 247 248 249 383 Next
mrgoochio
Profile Joined April 2009
United States557 Posts
January 25 2013 03:53 GMT
#4921
On January 24 2013 01:41 KAB00000000M wrote:
Do anyone remember the Saitek Eclipse keyboard? The silver one with blue back lighting.
It had some very comfortable key caps. Do anyone know what they were made of or what that kind of key caps are called?

And thank you for sharing your change from filco to ducky btw.

Still using this keyboard. I had two but one died within a month for some reason.. my primary keyboard still holding up but the paint on the keycaps are scratched off on some of the keys where my fingers wore them out. The caps appear to just be plastic but the paint coating was almost had a soft rubberish finish
chengysogood
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
January 25 2013 07:40 GMT
#4922
so ducky just announced the ducky shine 2 78 version
why 78?
7 LED colours + 8 switches + 1 grey switch keychain

http://iqmore.tw/ducky-shine-2-78-version-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-review

ducky will only make 78 of these.

Me want one...
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 25 2013 07:51 GMT
#4923
On January 25 2013 16:40 ETisME wrote:
so ducky just announced the ducky shine 2 78 version
why 78?
7 LED colours + 8 switches + 1 grey switch keychain

http://iqmore.tw/ducky-shine-2-78-version-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-review

ducky will only make 78 of these.

Me want one...


I don't understand. Will the keyboard have all those different switches on the same keyboard? I don't understand why 8 switches would be any good. But it looks nice.

I wish ducky sold keyboards with white color instead of black. Only FILCO that does that.

Do you happen to know if ducky make keyboards with any cherry mx key you want to choose?
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
January 25 2013 08:02 GMT
#4924
On January 25 2013 16:51 KAB00000000M wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 16:40 ETisME wrote:
so ducky just announced the ducky shine 2 78 version
why 78?
7 LED colours + 8 switches + 1 grey switch keychain

http://iqmore.tw/ducky-shine-2-78-version-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-review

ducky will only make 78 of these.

Me want one...


I don't understand. Will the keyboard have all those different switches on the same keyboard? I don't understand why 8 switches would be any good. But it looks nice.

I wish ducky sold keyboards with white color instead of black. Only FILCO that does that.

Do you happen to know if ducky make keyboards with any cherry mx key you want to choose?

it's mostly for collectors, plus you get to experience almost all cherry switches on one single keyboard
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 25 2013 15:39 GMT
#4925
Did anyone see GSL today?

BBoongBBoong had a weird looking keyboard. It was dark grey blueish. Anybody know? I will post picture.
It was not the QSENN DT-35 he used before.
cmh
Profile Joined December 2005
United States88 Posts
January 25 2013 15:43 GMT
#4926
On January 26 2013 00:39 KAB00000000M wrote:
Did anyone see GSL today?

BBoongBBoong had a weird looking keyboard. It was dark grey blueish. Anybody know? I will post picture.
It was not the QSENN DT-35 he used before.



It's the Topre Realforce 10th anniversary edition.
IMlemon
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Lithuania296 Posts
January 25 2013 16:15 GMT
#4927
I got my filco keyboard and it's amazing. Now I have to decide whether I use it at work or at home. Left it at home today and typing on my old keyboard feels like I'm beating the shit out of it with my fingers.
My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 17:06:08
January 25 2013 17:05 GMT
#4928
On January 26 2013 00:43 cmh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 00:39 KAB00000000M wrote:
Did anyone see GSL today?

BBoongBBoong had a weird looking keyboard. It was dark grey blueish. Anybody know? I will post picture.
It was not the QSENN DT-35 he used before.



It's the Topre Realforce 10th anniversary edition.


Thank you so much.

IMlemon - what Cherry mx keys is it. And how does it feel to play sc2 with them?
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 17:07:56
January 25 2013 17:07 GMT
#4929
On January 26 2013 01:15 IMlemon wrote:
I got my filco keyboard and it's amazing. Now I have to decide whether I use it at work or at home. Left it at home today and typing on my old keyboard feels like I'm beating the shit out of it with my fingers.


I was in the same situation when I got my first Filco.

There's only one solution.

Buy a second one.
:D

I personally got Blues for work, because I type a lot, and Reds for home, because I like them for gaming.
@riotsnowbird
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
January 25 2013 21:01 GMT
#4930
Anyone have experience with the CM Trigger? If so what color switches did you get? Lastly, what do you guys think of cherry mx greens? I find blues can be a tad bit light so I want to try the greens out!
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
January 25 2013 23:10 GMT
#4931
so decided on the qpad mk-80. there was a sale so it was a bit cheaper then usual and i liked the look. also i gotta reward them for beeing smart and just giving the buyer choice of switch. plus ofc reviews all were quite good.

got it today and first impression is quite good.it seems quite sturdy,looks really good and has a nice touch. i still need some time to adjust(esp coming from a totally different keyboard size,height etc) and the feel of the keys wasnt what i expected at first but im starting to really like it.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
January 26 2013 00:36 GMT
#4932
On January 25 2013 16:40 ETisME wrote:
so ducky just announced the ducky shine 2 78 version
why 78?
7 LED colours + 8 switches + 1 grey switch keychain

http://iqmore.tw/ducky-shine-2-78-version-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-review

ducky will only make 78 of these.

Me want one...


Do want.
Dreyer
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil60 Posts
January 26 2013 02:26 GMT
#4933
Just bought an ErgoDox. If any one is interested they are being sold at Massdrop

They are kind expensive at the 200 $ price range, considering that keycaps are not included and all the parts are disassembled. But hey, you need to remember that most of this work was done by practically a handfull of people with nothing more than a great passion for keyboards.

There still 2 days until the end of the group buy so better decide fast if you want one.
carraway
Profile Joined March 2011
264 Posts
January 26 2013 07:24 GMT
#4934
Just an anecdotal note: I ordered a Rosewill RK-9000RE a few months back from Amazon when they were on sale @ $75. A week ago, the 4 key completely stopped working, so I exchanged it for a new one. After one day, the enter key stopped working; not a problem with my PS/2 or USB connectors, so I'm done with that brand for now.
chaos021
Profile Joined March 2012
United States258 Posts
January 26 2013 07:34 GMT
#4935
On January 26 2013 16:24 carraway wrote:
Just an anecdotal note: I ordered a Rosewill RK-9000RE a few months back from Amazon when they were on sale @ $75. A week ago, the 4 key completely stopped working, so I exchanged it for a new one. After one day, the enter key stopped working; not a problem with my PS/2 or USB connectors, so I'm done with that brand for now.


I've never known Rosewill to make anything that lasts.
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-26 10:09:47
January 26 2013 10:08 GMT
#4936
Got myself a rapid red switch, it's my first ever. Thanks Blaec for your help!
The keys are great, the feel is great, everything is perfect except for the size/length.
It's too small even for someone like me with tiny hands.
Problem with adjusting too, I seem to be pressing the keys all the way down.
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-26 10:09:36
January 26 2013 10:08 GMT
#4937
double post, soz.
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 26 2013 10:18 GMT
#4938
On January 25 2013 16:40 ETisME wrote:
so ducky just announced the ducky shine 2 78 version
why 78?
7 LED colours + 8 switches + 1 grey switch keychain

http://iqmore.tw/ducky-shine-2-78-version-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-review

ducky will only make 78 of these.

Me want one...

I already have a good friend of mine living in hong kong on the look out for when these are released. Already fronted him money to get at least 2 of them ^_^. I like having limited edition things
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
January 26 2013 10:52 GMT
#4939
Hello guys, I was once like all of you coming here to look for advice on a mechanical keyboard. TL is such an amazing community that I had to come back and share my experiences with the keyboard I chose, CM rapid quickfire in MX reds.

This is simply hands down the best keyboard I have ever own. I did a LOT of research on the perfect key for gaming and typing and I have found it. After 6 months of use this keyboard has been an AMAZING experience. No more hand cramps from my old keyboards and MX switches. With no numpad it frees up a lot of space on the desk and just feels more ergonomic overall.

I have tried MX blues and blacks before. I am a competitive gamer and I can tell you that blacks and blues are not the way to go for gaming. As you all know blues have the double tap issue (not really a problem but for gamers it is) which makes a HUGE difference for gaming, especially if you are playing a game where it requires you to tap 1 button consecutively (sc2, any MMORPG). Many people say they don't have this problem but I gurantee you just don't notice it. Most top koreans don't even use blues no more (but what do they know? most competitive gamers just use keyboards there sponsor give them). Blacks are decent but IMO it is heavy to push and just feels like a normal rubber dome keyboard, so why get blacks anyways? I was using the steelseries 6gv2 before and it cramped my fingers a lot. I was probably bottoming out every key but it shouldn't matter because you are not supposed to touch type in gaming, lol. This is why I feel blacks are simply not worth investing money into. Get reds for gaming guys, it is simply the best, lowest force to push and even MVP uses cherry reds!

You are also in luck if you are wanting to get reds because the CM rapid quickfire comes in them. This is simply the BEST PRICED keyboard out right now and probably will remain so for a LONG LONG time. It is simply unmatched in price. It is the SAME as a filco but branded with CM. But you are also in luck because if you hate the branding they come out in unbranded keyboards now! So basically you are literally getting a filco for 40% of the price. How could you not get one?

This is in my opinion the best keyboard out there right now. It is cheap, well made, AND has media keys which is a HUGE plus for me.
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-26 13:38:46
January 26 2013 13:37 GMT
#4940
On January 26 2013 19:08 kaykaykay wrote:
Got myself a rapid red switch, it's my first ever. Thanks Blaec for your help!
The keys are great, the feel is great, everything is perfect except for the size/length.
It's too small even for someone like me with tiny hands.
Problem with adjusting too, I seem to be pressing the keys all the way down.


Reds and black are non tactile. So you can (and should for satisfaction) push them all the way down.
And reds are so easy to push down so it shud be no problem.

If you had blue or brown switches you can learn to not push them down wholly cause you have that tactile bump that tells you when the keypress registers. Thats more aimed towars when you write if you wanna write alittle faster. Everyone pushes down the keys to the bottom while playing no matter what switch it is.
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
Prev 1 245 246 247 248 249 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17335
Calm 3365
Mini 431
Mind 78
910 66
soO 48
Trap 31
Dota 2
Gorgc5704
canceldota62
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 125
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 28
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• blackmanpl 20
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur705
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 26m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.