• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8085 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 242

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 383 Next
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-12 22:46:26
January 12 2013 22:44 GMT
#4821
On January 13 2013 05:11 Hokay wrote:


Now 100% mechanical.


They should just put a god damn potentiometer on it to let people choose their own brightness setting. There's no way you can brag about having 3 different brightness levels. Other than that, the toggle is quite cool and might be useful for people who don't hit the right keys. As for the macro keys: useless for professional gaming, not surprisingly.
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-13 00:16:10
January 13 2013 00:14 GMT
#4822
On January 13 2013 07:44 DJFaqU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2013 05:11 Hokay wrote:
http://youtu.be/0pNKeq8U2dw?t=3m37s

Now 100% mechanical.


They should just put a god damn potentiometer on it to let people choose their own brightness setting. There's no way you can brag about having 3 different brightness levels. Other than that, the toggle is quite cool and might be useful for people who don't hit the right keys. As for the macro keys: useless for professional gaming, not surprisingly.


For gaming, I'd say this keyboard is more suited for mmo gaming with all the macro buttons. I personally want macro keys on a mechanical keyboard for increased productivity in certain programs. I've grown to love using macros keys for shortcuts in my adobe creative suite programs to save a lot of time, and finger gymnastics in my workflow. The custom lighting is a neat option to customize for certain software and games for night time or use in a dimly lit room to emphasize on the important keys only.
ljd1131
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Australia83 Posts
January 13 2013 01:21 GMT
#4823
On January 13 2013 04:46 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2013 04:39 ljd1131 wrote:
I already have a leopold, I want to get a filco Majestouch 2 tenkeyless but not sure on what switch to get
the leopold was my first mech board and it used browns so any tips would be nice and all i do is play starcraft btw

If you like the feel of browns why not just get them again?

want to try something new
RazerSC2
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands17 Posts
January 13 2013 14:43 GMT
#4824
Does anyone know where i can import both ducky and Filco keyboards from?
Thanks alot ~
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
January 13 2013 15:48 GMT
#4825
On January 13 2013 23:43 RazerSC2 wrote:
Does anyone know where i can import both ducky and Filco keyboards from?
Thanks alot ~


Ducky is quite hard for someone from holland, Mechanicalkeyboards.com i guess? I bought my filco from http://www.keyboardco.com/, they are based in the UK. Ducky's are one hell of a lot cheaper though, but the shipping is a pain in the ass.
samuelspark
Profile Joined December 2011
22 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 04:11:08
January 14 2013 04:10 GMT
#4826
Got my Azio Levetron Clicker keyboard for $55 from MicroCenter. White ALPs clones, they're like loud and stiff blues, but don't have that double tap issue. My first mechanical keyboard, able to handle my 120-160 APM.

[image loading]
Blackfish
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria309 Posts
January 14 2013 15:44 GMT
#4827
Hey,
My keyboard broke yesterday and I need a new one as fast as possible. Problem: I only have 60 € to spare. I always used rubber domes up until now, but wanted a mechanical for years. Now I have to buy one and i really don´t want to waste my money on a rubber dome again
Is there any 60€ mechanical around that u would recommend? And ofc one that i can get shipped to austria without problems and fairly fast.
NaDa - my god | Mvp - my king | Innovation - my favorite | Terran- my race
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 18:34:18
January 14 2013 17:55 GMT
#4828
I cannot exactly recommend them since I haven't used them, but the only ones in your price range are the g80 series that cherry makes. You can get them from amazon.de You only have the choice between clear, blue and black switches, but they are still cherry switches, only in a cheaper housing.
I considerd that one but then decided that the extra €20 for the qpad mk-50 are probably worth it since I wanted the lightest switch possible and I also like to have a wrist rest when gaming. If those aren't the most important criteria for you then I think you can save yourself €20 and go for the G80.
SilverBullet
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada79 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 07:22:38
January 15 2013 07:21 GMT
#4829
I'm having a hard time deciding between brown/red/blue


I hear the double tapping is difficult on browns/blues, and people say blacks are a bit too stiff and lead to fatigue. But I prefer the tactile feedback of a black/blue/brown


Any advice? which one of the switches (blue/brown) is most tolerant of double taps, if at all?

I might just pick up a 6gv2 to try it out .. given that it is cheap enough and I can return it if I don't like it ... (for a fee ofc.)
There is no shame in defeat, so long as the spirit remains unconquored
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 07:35:18
January 15 2013 07:34 GMT
#4830
On January 15 2013 16:21 SilverBullet wrote:
I'm having a hard time deciding between brown/red/blue


I hear the double tapping is difficult on browns/blues, and people say blacks are a bit too stiff and lead to fatigue. But I prefer the tactile feedback of a black/blue/brown


Any advice? which one of the switches (blue/brown) is most tolerant of double taps, if at all?

I might just pick up a 6gv2 to try it out .. given that it is cheap enough and I can return it if I don't like it ... (for a fee ofc.)


Don't get too caught up in the doubletapping issue, it isn't that bad on blues and not at all a problem on browns.

If you want tactile feedback then browns should be good for you. Blacks do not have tactile feedback.

Browns are a great middle of the road switch, its hard to hate them. On the other hand blues and blacks are a bit polarising, you need to like the noise and the heavy switches.
ZeroReverse
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria108 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-15 08:55:59
January 15 2013 08:55 GMT
#4831
You might want to check out the White ALPS, they also have tactile feedback, and there is no problem with double tapping at all. Problem is I have no idea which keyboards use them, and its harder to get keycaps to mod your board or replace the ones that wear out.

I personally use blacks and find them great for booth StarCraft and programming.
Ragnarok shall befall you!
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
January 15 2013 11:34 GMT
#4832
Got my CM Storm with Cherry Red. Coming from blues, it makes macroing as Zerg that much easier lol.
Die tomorrow - Live today
LTI
Profile Joined July 2012
Netherlands9 Posts
January 15 2013 14:47 GMT
#4833
On January 13 2013 23:43 RazerSC2 wrote:
Does anyone know where i can import both ducky and Filco keyboards from?
Thanks alot ~


This problem is solved now! You can get Ducky keyboards here: http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.nl/

Also, I want to get a Ducky Shine 2, but I'm not sure if I should get the browns are blues. What are the best ones for playing Starcraft II? I use the Blackwidow now, but I hate it so much (IT ISNT EVEN FLAT) that i sold it. Filco is not an option I suppose, because I don't want to pay 30 euros for shipping and they are NOT available in Holland.

Thanks for the help.
Stream: www.twitch.tv/LTIstarcraft
FakePseudo
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium716 Posts
January 15 2013 16:49 GMT
#4834
I'd like to bump the previous questions as I'm currently looking for my first mech keyboard (at least most probably) :D

So basically, what are the options for a buyer from the benelux? I would be rooting for a classic (tenkeyless) keyboard, discretion is a must (I will prolly be using it in sweet home's living room but also at university and that kind of stuff) and I like the "built like a tank" robust feeling which Das, Filco or Ducky classic keyboards give. Backlit and on-keyboard USB/Jack hub is a plus, but nothing more. Unfortunately, all the hardware sites I'm used to browse don't seem to sell that kind of products (Only Blackwidows and that kind of flashy things)
Budget would be €150 shipping (belgium) inc, but I have so room to stretch the price if it is worth it.

N.B. Of course, azerty layout, which shortens the list too ;_;

Thank You Very Much!
I am the 0.0007% /forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17208334|| Big Black Women Vocals Is Like Porn to my Ears ||San Antonio Spurs|Boston Celtics||#1EZToss Hater;
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 15 2013 18:03 GMT
#4835
Quick question for y'all. I have a standard Razer Blackwidow right now, and i want to get a CM Storm quickfire TK brown switch. Is the tactile bump on the MX brown switches as pronounced as on the blues? I'm talking just the tactile bump on your finger, not the clicking sound. I've used a red switch board, and I liked the sound of it and how light the keys were, but it had no tactile feedback. Do browns FEEL like slightly lighter blues or is the bump not as noticeable? Thanks.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 16 2013 06:33 GMT
#4836
On January 15 2013 23:47 LTI_sc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2013 23:43 RazerSC2 wrote:
Does anyone know where i can import both ducky and Filco keyboards from?
Thanks alot ~


This problem is solved now! You can get Ducky keyboards here: http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.nl/

Also, I want to get a Ducky Shine 2, but I'm not sure if I should get the browns are blues. What are the best ones for playing Starcraft II? I use the Blackwidow now, but I hate it so much (IT ISNT EVEN FLAT) that i sold it. Filco is not an option I suppose, because I don't want to pay 30 euros for shipping and they are NOT available in Holland.

Thanks for the help.


You can play sc2 with any switch, its all just personal opinion. So get which one you think you will like.

On January 16 2013 03:03 Havik_ wrote:
Quick question for y'all. I have a standard Razer Blackwidow right now, and i want to get a CM Storm quickfire TK brown switch. Is the tactile bump on the MX brown switches as pronounced as on the blues? I'm talking just the tactile bump on your finger, not the clicking sound. I've used a red switch board, and I liked the sound of it and how light the keys were, but it had no tactile feedback. Do browns FEEL like slightly lighter blues or is the bump not as noticeable? Thanks.


The feedback doesn't feel as pronounced as blues, but that is probably just because the sound isn't there. Brown's feedback is definitely very noticeable.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
January 16 2013 08:07 GMT
#4837
On January 16 2013 03:03 Havik_ wrote:
Quick question for y'all. I have a standard Razer Blackwidow right now, and i want to get a CM Storm quickfire TK brown switch. Is the tactile bump on the MX brown switches as pronounced as on the blues? I'm talking just the tactile bump on your finger, not the clicking sound. I've used a red switch board, and I liked the sound of it and how light the keys were, but it had no tactile feedback. Do browns FEEL like slightly lighter blues or is the bump not as noticeable? Thanks.

For me, compared to blue, the brown switches feel as if they are a bit dirty inside around the tactile bump. The amount of feedback is pretty similar, as I remember.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
January 16 2013 15:45 GMT
#4838
On January 14 2013 00:48 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2013 23:43 RazerSC2 wrote:
Does anyone know where i can import both ducky and Filco keyboards from?
Thanks alot ~


Ducky is quite hard for someone from holland, Mechanicalkeyboards.com i guess? I bought my filco from http://www.keyboardco.com/, they are based in the UK. Ducky's are one hell of a lot cheaper though, but the shipping is a pain in the ass.


Check the Netherlands Buying Wiki here. And many Nordic Ducky resellers ship to Holland AFAIK.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/nederlands_shopping_guide
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
January 16 2013 20:53 GMT
#4839
Is it allowed to offer selling used mech keyboards here?
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-17 06:45:13
January 17 2013 06:44 GMT
#4840
Not the best built keyboard I have but I really just wanted the switches. Feels great.

[image loading]
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4367
Leta 1794
Shuttle 1128
Shine 33
sorry 32
ZergMaN 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7506
WinterStarcraft650
Sick182
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick516
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1420
• Sammyuel 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
League of Legends
• Lourlo1102
• Rush1062
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 32m
Patches Events
8h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 32m
OSC
16h 32m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.