• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:52
CEST 10:52
KST 17:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7378 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 240

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 383 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 08 2013 11:56 GMT
#4781
On January 08 2013 19:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.


1. Keyboardco is the only UK store I know of. That would mean Filco, not sure if you can import a Ducky or Leopold for cheaper.

2.So are there just keys in the wrong place? If so just google a picture of a keyboard and play spot the difference.
Or did you put the big keys back incorrectly? Because they are kinda tricky.
Purdy8TV
Profile Joined December 2012
Uruguay226 Posts
January 08 2013 12:00 GMT
#4782
On January 08 2013 20:56 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 19:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.


1. Keyboardco is the only UK store I know of. That would mean Filco, not sure if you can import a Ducky or Leopold for cheaper.

2.So are there just keys in the wrong place? If so just google a picture of a keyboard and play spot the difference.
Or did you put the big keys back incorrectly? Because they are kinda tricky.



Might get a Zowie if Ducky is too expensive, what does Flash use, might just have to get that to pretend I'm good :p.

Well imagine this, I took all the keys off the DAS at the same time, and washed them+the keyboard. I tried lining them up by size and I thought I had it and did google a picture but putting them back on they look different heights slightly but maybe it is just perspective, just an OCD thing I'd rather wasn't there :p
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 12:13:30
January 08 2013 12:11 GMT
#4783
On January 08 2013 21:00 Purdy8TV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 20:56 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 19:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.


1. Keyboardco is the only UK store I know of. That would mean Filco, not sure if you can import a Ducky or Leopold for cheaper.

2.So are there just keys in the wrong place? If so just google a picture of a keyboard and play spot the difference.
Or did you put the big keys back incorrectly? Because they are kinda tricky.



Might get a Zowie if Ducky is too expensive, what does Flash use, might just have to get that to pretend I'm good :p.

Well imagine this, I took all the keys off the DAS at the same time, and washed them+the keyboard. I tried lining them up by size and I thought I had it and did google a picture but putting them back on they look different heights slightly but maybe it is just perspective, just an OCD thing I'd rather wasn't there :p


Flash is sponsored by Zowie, so I think he uses a Zowie Celeritas. Not sure if its brown or red.

Each key will only fit on one row so if some are slightly different heights then you probably have put them back wrong.

edit: Just realised you have the DAS without key printing.

Here is a link that should help

Its all about the rows.
Purdy8TV
Profile Joined December 2012
Uruguay226 Posts
January 08 2013 12:35 GMT
#4784
On January 08 2013 21:11 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 21:00 Purdy8TV wrote:
On January 08 2013 20:56 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 19:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.


1. Keyboardco is the only UK store I know of. That would mean Filco, not sure if you can import a Ducky or Leopold for cheaper.

2.So are there just keys in the wrong place? If so just google a picture of a keyboard and play spot the difference.
Or did you put the big keys back incorrectly? Because they are kinda tricky.



Might get a Zowie if Ducky is too expensive, what does Flash use, might just have to get that to pretend I'm good :p.

Well imagine this, I took all the keys off the DAS at the same time, and washed them+the keyboard. I tried lining them up by size and I thought I had it and did google a picture but putting them back on they look different heights slightly but maybe it is just perspective, just an OCD thing I'd rather wasn't there :p


Flash is sponsored by Zowie, so I think he uses a Zowie Celeritas. Not sure if its brown or red.

Each key will only fit on one row so if some are slightly different heights then you probably have put them back wrong.

edit: Just realised you have the DAS without key printing.

Here is a link that should help

Its all about the rows.


Might try out the pink zowie with some custom caps then :p

Thanks for the DAS link by the way, forgot to say it was ultimate so no printing :D, I'll need to find out what size the numpad etc uses, although probably self explanatory once you've done the rest.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 08 2013 13:22 GMT
#4785
On January 08 2013 21:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 21:11 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:00 Purdy8TV wrote:
On January 08 2013 20:56 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 19:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.


1. Keyboardco is the only UK store I know of. That would mean Filco, not sure if you can import a Ducky or Leopold for cheaper.

2.So are there just keys in the wrong place? If so just google a picture of a keyboard and play spot the difference.
Or did you put the big keys back incorrectly? Because they are kinda tricky.



Might get a Zowie if Ducky is too expensive, what does Flash use, might just have to get that to pretend I'm good :p.

Well imagine this, I took all the keys off the DAS at the same time, and washed them+the keyboard. I tried lining them up by size and I thought I had it and did google a picture but putting them back on they look different heights slightly but maybe it is just perspective, just an OCD thing I'd rather wasn't there :p


Flash is sponsored by Zowie, so I think he uses a Zowie Celeritas. Not sure if its brown or red.

Each key will only fit on one row so if some are slightly different heights then you probably have put them back wrong.

edit: Just realised you have the DAS without key printing.

Here is a link that should help

Its all about the rows.


Might try out the pink zowie with some custom caps then :p

Thanks for the DAS link by the way, forgot to say it was ultimate so no printing :D, I'll need to find out what size the numpad etc uses, although probably self explanatory once you've done the rest.


Nice, I have a pink filco. I love it.

You did mention it was an ultimate, but I just didn't read it.
Purdy8TV
Profile Joined December 2012
Uruguay226 Posts
January 08 2013 13:40 GMT
#4786
On January 08 2013 22:22 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 21:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:11 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:00 Purdy8TV wrote:
On January 08 2013 20:56 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 19:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.


1. Keyboardco is the only UK store I know of. That would mean Filco, not sure if you can import a Ducky or Leopold for cheaper.

2.So are there just keys in the wrong place? If so just google a picture of a keyboard and play spot the difference.
Or did you put the big keys back incorrectly? Because they are kinda tricky.



Might get a Zowie if Ducky is too expensive, what does Flash use, might just have to get that to pretend I'm good :p.

Well imagine this, I took all the keys off the DAS at the same time, and washed them+the keyboard. I tried lining them up by size and I thought I had it and did google a picture but putting them back on they look different heights slightly but maybe it is just perspective, just an OCD thing I'd rather wasn't there :p


Flash is sponsored by Zowie, so I think he uses a Zowie Celeritas. Not sure if its brown or red.

Each key will only fit on one row so if some are slightly different heights then you probably have put them back wrong.

edit: Just realised you have the DAS without key printing.

Here is a link that should help

Its all about the rows.


Might try out the pink zowie with some custom caps then :p

Thanks for the DAS link by the way, forgot to say it was ultimate so no printing :D, I'll need to find out what size the numpad etc uses, although probably self explanatory once you've done the rest.


Nice, I have a pink filco. I love it.

You did mention it was an ultimate, but I just didn't read it.


You use any custom caps? Only place in UK that does them is R1 caps which I dont think are suited to WASD or ESC, not sure id be bothered importing from WASDkeyboards
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 08 2013 13:44 GMT
#4787
On January 08 2013 22:40 Purdy8TV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 22:22 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:11 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 21:00 Purdy8TV wrote:
On January 08 2013 20:56 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 19:35 Purdy8TV wrote:
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.


1. Keyboardco is the only UK store I know of. That would mean Filco, not sure if you can import a Ducky or Leopold for cheaper.

2.So are there just keys in the wrong place? If so just google a picture of a keyboard and play spot the difference.
Or did you put the big keys back incorrectly? Because they are kinda tricky.



Might get a Zowie if Ducky is too expensive, what does Flash use, might just have to get that to pretend I'm good :p.

Well imagine this, I took all the keys off the DAS at the same time, and washed them+the keyboard. I tried lining them up by size and I thought I had it and did google a picture but putting them back on they look different heights slightly but maybe it is just perspective, just an OCD thing I'd rather wasn't there :p


Flash is sponsored by Zowie, so I think he uses a Zowie Celeritas. Not sure if its brown or red.

Each key will only fit on one row so if some are slightly different heights then you probably have put them back wrong.

edit: Just realised you have the DAS without key printing.

Here is a link that should help

Its all about the rows.


Might try out the pink zowie with some custom caps then :p

Thanks for the DAS link by the way, forgot to say it was ultimate so no printing :D, I'll need to find out what size the numpad etc uses, although probably self explanatory once you've done the rest.


Nice, I have a pink filco. I love it.

You did mention it was an ultimate, but I just didn't read it.


You use any custom caps? Only place in UK that does them is R1 caps which I dont think are suited to WASD or ESC, not sure id be bothered importing from WASDkeyboards


Nah, I have a WASDkeyboard with a custom design though, its nice.

Importing caps from China/Korea is an alternative to WASD, there is an ebay seller who does it but I can't remember his name.
eburnsdaniel
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom69 Posts
January 08 2013 13:51 GMT
#4788
To the person who doesn't know where to put his keys back on his Das Ultimate - check if the keys have a code underneath them to say what row and order they go in. My filco keys do - for instance bottom row is R1

llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 08 2013 14:14 GMT
#4789
Flash could also be using cherry mx black. Do anyone know for sure which keys he use? I see so many people just throw out "he use black" "he use brown" etc etc. If anyone knew for sure that would be awesome. However I doubt anyone knows.
Purdy8TV
Profile Joined December 2012
Uruguay226 Posts
January 08 2013 14:55 GMT
#4790
Aren't the Zowie's all brown? Although I thought you could change the switch to whatever you want manually so he could easily be using blues could he not?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 08 2013 15:00 GMT
#4791
On January 08 2013 23:55 Purdy8TV wrote:
Aren't the Zowie's all brown? Although I thought you could change the switch to whatever you want manually so he could easily be using blues could he not?


They used to be all brown afaik, and Flash has been sponsored by them for ages so that could point to him using brown switches.

You can change switches but its decently challenging and time consuming. Not something Flash would spend his time doing.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 15:07:03
January 08 2013 15:05 GMT
#4792
On January 09 2013 00:00 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 23:55 Purdy8TV wrote:
Aren't the Zowie's all brown? Although I thought you could change the switch to whatever you want manually so he could easily be using blues could he not?


They used to be all brown afaik, and Flash has been sponsored by them for ages so that could point to him using brown switches.

You can change switches but its decently challenging and time consuming. Not something Flash would spend his time doing.


Flash did spend time using a ruler and also removing keys from his keyboard. Although this does not take a lot of time. But I agree that he might be using cherry mx brown. But that is not good enough for me to end my conclusion. I want someone to confirm it. Perhaps no one can do it here. But I will continue asking people.

Additionally: I thought they were all cherry mx black when they first came out? (Zowie Celeritas keyboard)
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 15:08:03
January 08 2013 15:07 GMT
#4793
On January 09 2013 00:05 KAB00000000M wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 00:00 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 23:55 Purdy8TV wrote:
Aren't the Zowie's all brown? Although I thought you could change the switch to whatever you want manually so he could easily be using blues could he not?


They used to be all brown afaik, and Flash has been sponsored by them for ages so that could point to him using brown switches.

You can change switches but its decently challenging and time consuming. Not something Flash would spend his time doing.


Flash did spend time using a ruler and also removing keys from his keyboard. Although this does not take a lot of time. But I agree that he might be using cherry mx brown. But that is not good enough for me to end my conclusion. I want someone to confirm it. Perhaps no one can do it here. But I will continue asking people.


I know some other BW pros would remove many keys they didnt want to hit while playing (windows etc) so you should be able to see the switch colour on the removed keys if you can find a good picture somewhere.

edit: I thought they came out as brown, but I am not 100%
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 08 2013 15:13 GMT
#4794
On January 09 2013 00:07 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 00:05 KAB00000000M wrote:
On January 09 2013 00:00 Blaec wrote:
On January 08 2013 23:55 Purdy8TV wrote:
Aren't the Zowie's all brown? Although I thought you could change the switch to whatever you want manually so he could easily be using blues could he not?


They used to be all brown afaik, and Flash has been sponsored by them for ages so that could point to him using brown switches.

You can change switches but its decently challenging and time consuming. Not something Flash would spend his time doing.


Flash did spend time using a ruler and also removing keys from his keyboard. Although this does not take a lot of time. But I agree that he might be using cherry mx brown. But that is not good enough for me to end my conclusion. I want someone to confirm it. Perhaps no one can do it here. But I will continue asking people.


I know some other BW pros would remove many keys they didnt want to hit while playing (windows etc) so you should be able to see the switch colour on the removed keys if you can find a good picture somewhere.

edit: I thought they came out as brown, but I am not 100%


Ok. Good to know. Now we know that it is probable that he has cherry mx brown or black. But I will do my best to find out. My korean girlfriend can help me write on some korean webpages! :D
Purdy8TV
Profile Joined December 2012
Uruguay226 Posts
January 08 2013 15:14 GMT
#4795
Sod it, bought myself a Zowie to see what its like, doubt I can use my DAS at work though or people will go nuts
ZeroReverse
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria108 Posts
January 08 2013 19:23 GMT
#4796
Today I got the Tt eSPORTS Meka and am very pleased. The keys feel great, booth for SC2 and typing (I always bottom the keys). The layout is great for me, it keeps the kbd compact (a big plus for me) while still retaining the num pad. Only the '?' is in a awkward position for me, the rest is awesome. The thing is small and built like a tank, its heavy and rugged, feels like you can go to war with it.
Ragnarok shall befall you!
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 08 2013 21:04 GMT
#4797
On January 09 2013 04:23 ZeroReverse wrote:
Today I got the Tt eSPORTS Meka and am very pleased. The keys feel great, booth for SC2 and typing (I always bottom the keys). The layout is great for me, it keeps the kbd compact (a big plus for me) while still retaining the num pad. Only the '?' is in a awkward position for me, the rest is awesome. The thing is small and built like a tank, its heavy and rugged, feels like you can go to war with it.


How are they keys compared to regular rubber dome keyboard? Can you explain how much better they feel?(worse?)
Do you misclick more often with the Meka?
Solaris999
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom194 Posts
January 08 2013 21:13 GMT
#4798
On January 09 2013 04:23 ZeroReverse wrote:
Today I got the Tt eSPORTS Meka and am very pleased. The keys feel great, booth for SC2 and typing (I always bottom the keys). The layout is great for me, it keeps the kbd compact (a big plus for me) while still retaining the num pad. Only the '?' is in a awkward position for me, the rest is awesome. The thing is small and built like a tank, its heavy and rugged, feels like you can go to war with it.


When you say that it's built like a tank - do you think that someone who might have to move their keyboard every few weeks would have difficulty with the weight?
ZeroReverse
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria108 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-09 06:24:49
January 09 2013 06:20 GMT
#4799
On January 09 2013 06:04 KAB00000000M wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 04:23 ZeroReverse wrote:
Today I got the Tt eSPORTS Meka and am very pleased. The keys feel great, booth for SC2 and typing (I always bottom the keys). The layout is great for me, it keeps the kbd compact (a big plus for me) while still retaining the num pad. Only the '?' is in a awkward position for me, the rest is awesome. The thing is small and built like a tank, its heavy and rugged, feels like you can go to war with it.


How are they keys compared to regular rubber dome keyboard? Can you explain how much better they feel?(worse?)
Do you misclick more often with the Meka?

The rubber dome keys feel like once you use the needed amount of force, the key gets pressed at once, while the black switches in the meka have very pleasant smooth movement. At first I was misclicking more, but that is normal since the layout is a bit different than my old kbd. After a few games, I got used with the board and now misclick less than with the old one. Thats because the mech keys register a press when they are pressed halfway, and in some situations I tend to press a key too lightly or lift my finger too quickly (if it is far away) so the rubber domes wont register a press while the black switches do.

Also I have used for a very short time (like a day or 2) a mech keyboard with simplified white alps, I liked them alot, but the black mx, feel alot better.


On January 09 2013 06:13 Solaris999 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 04:23 ZeroReverse wrote:
Today I got the Tt eSPORTS Meka and am very pleased. The keys feel great, booth for SC2 and typing (I always bottom the keys). The layout is great for me, it keeps the kbd compact (a big plus for me) while still retaining the num pad. Only the '?' is in a awkward position for me, the rest is awesome. The thing is small and built like a tank, its heavy and rugged, feels like you can go to war with it.


When you say that it's built like a tank - do you think that someone who might have to move their keyboard every few weeks would have difficulty with the weight?

No you wont have problems. You can easily lift and move the board using only 2 fingers from you hands, so you can easily adjust even while playing. Mooving it every around every few weeks wont be any problem even for a little child.

But if you mean to carry it around with other equipment, then the weight may add up, altho I still think its weight is low enough to be mobile.

Ragnarok shall befall you!
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 09 2013 12:35 GMT
#4800
On January 09 2013 06:13 Solaris999 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2013 04:23 ZeroReverse wrote:
Today I got the Tt eSPORTS Meka and am very pleased. The keys feel great, booth for SC2 and typing (I always bottom the keys). The layout is great for me, it keeps the kbd compact (a big plus for me) while still retaining the num pad. Only the '?' is in a awkward position for me, the rest is awesome. The thing is small and built like a tank, its heavy and rugged, feels like you can go to war with it.


When you say that it's built like a tank - do you think that someone who might have to move their keyboard every few weeks would have difficulty with the weight?


It should be a bit less than 1.5 kg.
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4189
Leta 2904
Soulkey 550
BeSt 487
Soma 302
Rush 197
Barracks 108
Killer 49
Shine 33
Shinee 30
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 27
Hm[arnc] 20
Sharp 10
Dota 2
Gorgc566
XcaliburYe245
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
WinterStarcraft696
Sick226
Pyrionflax116
gofns0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 48
• 3DClanTV 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2269
League of Legends
• Jankos2240
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 8m
Patches Events
6h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 8m
OSC
14h 8m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.