• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:00
CEST 10:00
KST 17:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6644 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 239

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 237 238 239 240 241 383 Next
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 00:31:49
January 06 2013 16:56 GMT
#4761
On January 07 2013 01:35 IMlemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 01:22 KAB00000000M wrote:
On January 07 2013 01:13 IMlemon wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.


The one you have now is a rubber dome keyboard(regular standard)? Do you want a mechanical keyboard? Budget?


Yep my current keyboard is a random one I got for 10$ and i'd like to get a mechanical one. I'd be willing to spend 100-150$.


I would recommend FILCO keyboards. But they cost from 150$ and up!
Check out Zowie Celeritas. It cost around 119$.

As for keys. Most people fall for the cherry mx Blue keys. However I would read a little about the different ones. But I can give you a very short estimation of how they behave with actuation force included:

mx Blue 50g (click)
mx Black 60g (linear)
mx Brown 45g (tactile)
mx Red 45g (soft linear)
mx Clear 55g (hard tactile)
mx White 65g (hard click)


Click = a sound every time your key actuates
Tactile = a bump/feel every time your key actuates
linear = key is not tactile. (There is no sound or click for the actuation of the key)

Additionally: Note that most pro gamers tend to bottom out their keys. This means that you will not benefit from the tactile nor click because the key is pressed from 0% to 100% every time. (You do not need to press the key 100% down to make it work or register. The actuation point is where the key is registered) If you however do careful clicks every time. I would recommend tactile with or without click.

Click can be annoying for colleagues in working environments!
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 17:25:44
January 06 2013 17:23 GMT
#4762
On January 07 2013 01:13 IMlemon wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.


Choose a switch, kaboom's post above outlines them pretty good. There are also a million guides, summaries etc on the internet talking about them.
If your current keyboard tires you then you would probably want to stay with Brown or Red, but Blue would be manageable if you like it loud.

Then decide if you want backlighting, macro keys, usb/audio jacks, media keys or a simple no frills keyboard.
Also do you need a numpad?

Once you can answer these questions we can recommend you a keyboard. Though keyboard choice varies quite a lot regionally, I guess a European store would be best to order from if you are in Lithuania?
IMlemon
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Lithuania296 Posts
January 06 2013 17:36 GMT
#4763
On January 07 2013 02:23 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 01:13 IMlemon wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.


Choose a switch, kaboom's post above outlines them pretty good. There are also a million guides, summaries etc on the internet talking about them.
If your current keyboard tires you then you would probably want to stay with Brown or Red, but Blue would be manageable if you like it loud.

Then decide if you want backlighting, macro keys, usb/audio jacks, media keys or a simple no frills keyboard.
Also do you need a numpad?

Once you can answer these questions we can recommend you a keyboard. Though keyboard choice varies quite a lot regionally, I guess a European store would be best to order from if you are in Lithuania?


It would seem I want brown switches (don't want to be noisy, still use it for gaming time to time) without any extras like backlightning or what have you. PS/2 I don't care about, don't think I've ever pressed more than 3 keys at the same time. Numpad is mandatory :p. And yeah, definitely going to buy from Europe stores as shipping across the ocean costs absurd amounts of money.
My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 23:17:29
January 06 2013 23:16 GMT
#4764
On January 07 2013 02:36 IMlemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 02:23 Blaec wrote:
On January 07 2013 01:13 IMlemon wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.


Choose a switch, kaboom's post above outlines them pretty good. There are also a million guides, summaries etc on the internet talking about them.
If your current keyboard tires you then you would probably want to stay with Brown or Red, but Blue would be manageable if you like it loud.

Then decide if you want backlighting, macro keys, usb/audio jacks, media keys or a simple no frills keyboard.
Also do you need a numpad?

Once you can answer these questions we can recommend you a keyboard. Though keyboard choice varies quite a lot regionally, I guess a European store would be best to order from if you are in Lithuania?


It would seem I want brown switches (don't want to be noisy, still use it for gaming time to time) without any extras like backlightning or what have you. PS/2 I don't care about, don't think I've ever pressed more than 3 keys at the same time. Numpad is mandatory :p. And yeah, definitely going to buy from Europe stores as shipping across the ocean costs absurd amounts of money.


From what you want I'd get a Filco with browns from http://www.keyboardco.com . They cost ~100€ so on the higher end of your budget but shipped from the UK.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
January 06 2013 23:22 GMT
#4765
A personal advice. If you want to type fast and I mean really fast. Go with reds, they are amazing for typing. Especially if you like prefer clacking over clicking. The sound it makes is just toooooo good.

Also really good for gaming and thats what they are famous for.
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 06 2013 23:57 GMT
#4766
On January 07 2013 08:22 derpface wrote:
A personal advice. If you want to type fast and I mean really fast. Go with reds, they are amazing for typing. Especially if you like prefer clacking over clicking. The sound it makes is just toooooo good.

Also really good for gaming and thats what they are famous for.


Most people don't gain speed from reds. They just increase their endurance.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
January 07 2013 00:18 GMT
#4767
On January 07 2013 01:56 KAB00000000M wrote:
mx Clear 55g (hard click)
mx White 65g (hard tactile)

This should be reversed, the Clear switch is the silent one.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 07 2013 00:31 GMT
#4768
On January 07 2013 09:18 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 01:56 KAB00000000M wrote:
mx Clear 55g (hard click)
mx White 65g (hard tactile)

This should be reversed, the Clear switch is the silent one.


You are right. Thanks.
Keldrath
Profile Joined July 2010
United States449 Posts
January 07 2013 05:51 GMT
#4769
On January 07 2013 08:22 derpface wrote:
A personal advice. If you want to type fast and I mean really fast. Go with reds, they are amazing for typing. Especially if you like prefer clacking over clicking. The sound it makes is just toooooo good.

Also really good for gaming and thats what they are famous for.


I've used both reds and blues, and personally I found blues much easier for typing fast. Reds I much prefer for gaming but for typing the blues are easier and more accurate for me to type on, the clicking gives you a rhythm and clear feedback that the key registered, which makes touch typing much easier, because you are sure you pressed the key far enough down for it to register. With the reds however you get left a lot of the time wondering if you pressed the key down far enough for it to register.
If you want peace... prepare for war.
ZeroReverse
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria108 Posts
January 07 2013 07:47 GMT
#4770
Hey guys
Im thinking about getting my first mech keyboard. Not many models are available in my country, out of those I can find Tt eSPORTS Meka looks really good to me.
Is it worth it the 75€ it coasts ?
This is it - http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?p=19&g=ftr
Ragnarok shall befall you!
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 07 2013 07:54 GMT
#4771
On January 07 2013 16:47 ZeroReverse wrote:
Hey guys
Im thinking about getting my first mech keyboard. Not many models are available in my country, out of those I can find Tt eSPORTS Meka looks really good to me.
Is it worth it the 75€ it coasts ?
This is it - http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?p=19&g=ftr


FXO desrow use the Tt Mecha G1 keyboard. And he is considered a professional player. I think they are good yes.

The one you showed me has same cherry mx black switches as G1. They are linear keys. No click nor tactile feedback. And they are very popular.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
January 07 2013 12:34 GMT
#4772
On January 07 2013 08:16 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 02:36 IMlemon wrote:
On January 07 2013 02:23 Blaec wrote:
On January 07 2013 01:13 IMlemon wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.


Choose a switch, kaboom's post above outlines them pretty good. There are also a million guides, summaries etc on the internet talking about them.
If your current keyboard tires you then you would probably want to stay with Brown or Red, but Blue would be manageable if you like it loud.

Then decide if you want backlighting, macro keys, usb/audio jacks, media keys or a simple no frills keyboard.
Also do you need a numpad?

Once you can answer these questions we can recommend you a keyboard. Though keyboard choice varies quite a lot regionally, I guess a European store would be best to order from if you are in Lithuania?


It would seem I want brown switches (don't want to be noisy, still use it for gaming time to time) without any extras like backlightning or what have you. PS/2 I don't care about, don't think I've ever pressed more than 3 keys at the same time. Numpad is mandatory :p. And yeah, definitely going to buy from Europe stores as shipping across the ocean costs absurd amounts of money.


From what you want I'd get a Filco with browns from http://www.keyboardco.com . They cost ~100€ so on the higher end of your budget but shipped from the UK.


Try 160. Without shipping. For the basic TKL model. Filco's are expensive mang :p
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
January 07 2013 20:42 GMT
#4773
On January 07 2013 14:51 Keldrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 08:22 derpface wrote:
A personal advice. If you want to type fast and I mean really fast. Go with reds, they are amazing for typing. Especially if you like prefer clacking over clicking. The sound it makes is just toooooo good.

Also really good for gaming and thats what they are famous for.


I've used both reds and blues, and personally I found blues much easier for typing fast. Reds I much prefer for gaming but for typing the blues are easier and more accurate for me to type on, the clicking gives you a rhythm and clear feedback that the key registered, which makes touch typing much easier, because you are sure you pressed the key far enough down for it to register. With the reds however you get left a lot of the time wondering if you pressed the key down far enough for it to register.


Might have been missinterpreted from my side.

From my personal opinion, I can write the fastest with reds while finding it the most comfortable at the same time.

I might be a special case but I dont really like the clicking from blues. So I find reds to be a supergood compromise keeping both gaming and typing in mind the same time!

gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
ZeroReverse
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria108 Posts
January 07 2013 21:21 GMT
#4774
On January 07 2013 16:54 KAB00000000M wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 16:47 ZeroReverse wrote:
Hey guys
Im thinking about getting my first mech keyboard. Not many models are available in my country, out of those I can find Tt eSPORTS Meka looks really good to me.
Is it worth it the 75€ it coasts ?
This is it - http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?p=19&g=ftr


FXO desrow use the Tt Mecha G1 keyboard. And he is considered a professional player. I think they are good yes.

The one you showed me has same cherry mx black switches as G1. They are linear keys. No click nor tactile feedback. And they are very popular.
]
Yes, and I just remembered that MKP used G1 for some time. I watched some videos and the black switches sound quite good, and people seem to be generally pleased with the G1, so this one should be just as good. I like how close the f keys are to the numerical keys, it will be much more comfy to change cameras.
So yea, I ordered the board, should be in my hands tomorrow or the day after. I will post my impressions when I have played with it a bit. Thanks for the help
Ragnarok shall befall you!
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 22:12:44
January 07 2013 22:12 GMT
#4775
There's an album of Starcraft Players and their keyboards here (last item under Personalities)

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/movie_cartoon_keyboard_spottings#toc_0

Looks like a fair amount of variety.
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 01:31:28
January 08 2013 01:30 GMT
#4776
Opinions on the 'best' quality full sized backlit mechanical keyboard? I like to work or play games in the dark late night :p The Blackwidow ultimate is out of the question.
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
January 08 2013 01:54 GMT
#4777
Hi guys!

I've settled on the type of keyboard I want to end up getting, and I was wondering where (and when!) the best place to look for a good deal on...

a) Ducky Shine II DK9087 Blue LED Black Switch, or
b) CM Quickfire Rapid Black Switch

...would be. I'm in no rush to purchase and am willing to wait for a decent deal. Canada (Quebec), online or offline doesn't matter.

Thanks guys!

Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
January 08 2013 05:36 GMT
#4778
On January 08 2013 10:30 Hokay wrote:
Opinions on the 'best' quality full sized backlit mechanical keyboard? I like to work or play games in the dark late night :p The Blackwidow ultimate is out of the question.

Ducky Shine 2 for quality backlit mechs no doubt.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 08 2013 06:26 GMT
#4779
On January 08 2013 14:36 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 10:30 Hokay wrote:
Opinions on the 'best' quality full sized backlit mechanical keyboard? I like to work or play games in the dark late night :p The Blackwidow ultimate is out of the question.

Ducky Shine 2 for quality backlit mechs no doubt.


There is also the Deck Legend keyboards. But nothing beats the Ducky for backlight and switch variety in a quality package.
Purdy8TV
Profile Joined December 2012
Uruguay226 Posts
January 08 2013 10:35 GMT
#4780
Two questions hopefully I can get help with.

1. I have a DAS for home, although I think I'd like to try out another keyboard at work or even just home, I love the lightness and sound of my blue switches and not sure I want to move away, but I think I'd like to move from a gloss finished board to matte maybe, or perhaps even a nice coloured one that is sturdy. (Saw a guy on one of the first nights of proleague with white board+orange caps I think). The ducky sounds decent going by people on here, is it simple enough to get in the UK without too much extra cost?

2. So being the smart ass I am I decide to wash my DAS at hairs underneath the keys bug me, I took off all the caps bar spacebar/enter. Due to having the ultimate figuring out which one went where was a pain and I think some are still definitely in the wrong place, is there any easy way to correct this?
Think I got my F keys/numpad right and it doesn't affect my playing noticeably but looking at it can cause my needs to look nice OCD to kick in.
Prev 1 237 238 239 240 241 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4444
Leta 1696
BeSt 441
Soulkey 350
Soma 140
ZergMaN 34
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm136
XcaliburYe3
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
summit1g8670
WinterStarcraft673
Sick228
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h
Patches Events
7h
BSL Open Qualifier
11h
BSL Open Qualifier
11h
OSC
15h
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.