• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:52
CEST 10:52
KST 17:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7352 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 238

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 383 Next
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
January 03 2013 15:50 GMT
#4741
On January 03 2013 15:38 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 11:19 Terranist wrote:
On January 03 2013 08:51 ToguRo wrote:
has anyone tried this keyboard ?

Noppoo Choc Mini 84 USB NKRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry MX Red Switches

http://www.amazon.com/Noppoo-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B0091QOCNA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top


I have a filco cherry brown ... but I have been meaning to try a cherry red.... I prefer tenkeyless and so far this keyboard is getting fantastic reviews



if not does anyone recommend any other cherry red tenkeyless keyboards


i have the noppoo mini in brown. pretty happy with it. got mine for $89 from a seller on ebay last year. the F keys are really close to the rest of the keys unlike other keyboards so it is a blessing. keyboard overall is kind of cramped though if you are moving from a full size, but that's really just how tenkeyless is.

::edit:: also forgot to mention how different the POM keycaps are. they have a slippery surface that i definitely underestimated when purchasing. it kind of feels like the non sticky side of scotch tape. not a bad feel but sometimes when reaching for keys you can feel your finger sliding across the top as you press the key.


Should've gotten PBT. I have the same in PBT, and it feels really nice, and hasn't gotten shiny ... yet :p

I really love the layout of the Choc Mini. The Delete key is in an amazing position.


i agree. my concern at the time was that the PBT caps would absorb a bunch of oil and become shiny and sticky over time but in retrospect the POM keycaps feel very brittle and still not comfortable even after a year of use for me.
The Show of a Lifetime
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 04 2013 04:44 GMT
#4742
On January 04 2013 00:45 Womwomwom wrote:
Not trying to be snide here but I did laugh out loud when you mentioned your friends on Head-fi and how they don't spend money for the hell of it. Audiophiles are probably the worst people to bring up when discussing "sensible spending" for reasons I should not need to explain if you remotely understand basic science...


Depends on who you're talking about. Of the several head-fiers I've met at meets most agree spending more than $600 for an amplifier or $800 for a headphone isn't worth the improvements over other cheaper options. In fact at my last meet we discussed how ridiculous it was for a certain manufacturers to charge so much for his amps, especially when selling to fellow head-fiers.

You don't have to have a Darkstar, an SR009, and a PS1000 to be an audiophile. Most forum goers there stick to headphones like the Denon D2000 or K701 and amps like the Little dot or the Audio-GD NFB series.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-04 05:10:14
January 04 2013 05:07 GMT
#4743
On January 04 2013 13:44 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2013 00:45 Womwomwom wrote:
Not trying to be snide here but I did laugh out loud when you mentioned your friends on Head-fi and how they don't spend money for the hell of it. Audiophiles are probably the worst people to bring up when discussing "sensible spending" for reasons I should not need to explain if you remotely understand basic science...


Depends on who you're talking about. Of the several head-fiers I've met at meets most agree spending more than $600 for an amplifier or $800 for a headphone isn't worth the improvements over other cheaper options. In fact at my last meet we discussed how ridiculous it was for a certain manufacturers to charge so much for his amps, especially when selling to fellow head-fiers.

You don't have to have a Darkstar, an SR009, and a PS1000 to be an audiophile. Most forum goers there stick to headphones like the Denon D2000 or K701 and amps like the Little dot or the Audio-GD NFB series.


My concern here isn't the pricing, but rather that a lot of people are given good, if not great, recommendations from the audiophile community on a pair of cans, but have no realistic idea about what the sound is actually like since they have no reference point, and then they proclaim themselves as audiophiles or something and that they know what they're talking about.

Yes, you don't have to own a nice rig to be considered an audiophile, but your views on headphones are rather worthless unless you've actually spent time with other headphones around or higher in value. As in any other subjective hobby, it's hugely different listening to several different headphones and deciding that the D2000 is good enough for you, versus being recommended the ATH-M50 and proclaiming it's amazing.

Same thing applies to mechanical keyboards. Just saying Reds feel amazing, means very little to people unless you've physically compared Blacks to Reds. This is a point that people should always understand.
There is no one like you in the universe.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 04 2013 08:32 GMT
#4744
On January 04 2013 14:07 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2013 13:44 slytown wrote:
On January 04 2013 00:45 Womwomwom wrote:
Not trying to be snide here but I did laugh out loud when you mentioned your friends on Head-fi and how they don't spend money for the hell of it. Audiophiles are probably the worst people to bring up when discussing "sensible spending" for reasons I should not need to explain if you remotely understand basic science...


Depends on who you're talking about. Of the several head-fiers I've met at meets most agree spending more than $600 for an amplifier or $800 for a headphone isn't worth the improvements over other cheaper options. In fact at my last meet we discussed how ridiculous it was for a certain manufacturers to charge so much for his amps, especially when selling to fellow head-fiers.

You don't have to have a Darkstar, an SR009, and a PS1000 to be an audiophile. Most forum goers there stick to headphones like the Denon D2000 or K701 and amps like the Little dot or the Audio-GD NFB series.


My concern here isn't the pricing, but rather that a lot of people are given good, if not great, recommendations from the audiophile community on a pair of cans, but have no realistic idea about what the sound is actually like since they have no reference point, and then they proclaim themselves as audiophiles or something and that they know what they're talking about.

Yes, you don't have to own a nice rig to be considered an audiophile, but your views on headphones are rather worthless unless you've actually spent time with other headphones around or higher in value. As in any other subjective hobby, it's hugely different listening to several different headphones and deciding that the D2000 is good enough for you, versus being recommended the ATH-M50 and proclaiming it's amazing.

Same thing applies to mechanical keyboards. Just saying Reds feel amazing, means very little to people unless you've physically compared Blacks to Reds. This is a point that people should always understand.


I can agree with that.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-04 13:48:23
January 04 2013 13:35 GMT
#4745
My baby has arrived . I decided I wanted to try a Ducky with PBT caps this time instead of another Filco, so the replacement Filco I initially ordered will be gifted away.

Going from the old Filco with MX Blue switches and ABS caps to this is a big difference, so far I gotta say I did prefer the Filco that died slightly but I just connected this one so I haven't really adapted yet. At least it's a lot quieter which is kind of what I was going for.

[image loading]
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
January 05 2013 00:52 GMT
#4746
Ordered a Noppoo choch mini that came today .... actually a very cool keyboard just not for me so its getting sent back

I already own a cherry brown filco that I love but really want reds for gaming

so I am looking at the ninja majestouch 2 cherry red anyone recommend anything else or go with the filco ?
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
January 05 2013 05:00 GMT
#4747
You're going to love your filco with browns, trust me, it's like butter.

I'm currently testing out the coolermaster quickfire, got it on sale for $60 at Fry's because I always wanted to try mx blues. It's a super slick board if you want a cheap tenkeyless. also has costar internals. keycaps are a bit iffy but just by the fact i can't decide which I want to use my filco or this, speaks volumes to how nice it is, especially when you factor price.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 07:26:41
January 05 2013 07:26 GMT
#4748
On January 05 2013 09:52 ToguRo wrote:
Ordered a Noppoo choch mini that came today .... actually a very cool keyboard just not for me so its getting sent back

I already own a cherry brown filco that I love but really want reds for gaming

so I am looking at the ninja majestouch 2 cherry red anyone recommend anything else or go with the filco ?
I may be biased but get the Filco.

Yes, I do have a Majestouch 2 with reds. It's a truly amazing keyboard. I can't go back to blues now, even for typing. Get it!
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
January 05 2013 07:51 GMT
#4749
Anyone use the CM Storm Pro with brown or red keys?
Die tomorrow - Live today
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 05 2013 17:14 GMT
#4750
Do anyone know which type of switches on the Zowie Celeritas KT-Rolster's Flash use?

Additionaly: What key switches do these pro players use? (I'm trying to make a statistic graph of individuals using the different mechanical switches)

DRG
MKP
MC
MVP
FLASH
IdrA
HuK
MMA
Bomber
Rain
Keldrath
Profile Joined July 2010
United States449 Posts
January 05 2013 17:38 GMT
#4751
On January 05 2013 09:52 ToguRo wrote:
Ordered a Noppoo choch mini that came today .... actually a very cool keyboard just not for me so its getting sent back

I already own a cherry brown filco that I love but really want reds for gaming

so I am looking at the ninja majestouch 2 cherry red anyone recommend anything else or go with the filco ?


I found a 6gv2 red switch edition on amazon for 77 bucks. Good deal if moneys an issue, and it's a nice keyboard, I really like it, the red switches are amazing, I've only ever tried red and blue but I much much much prefer the reds, they are great. Only gripe with the keyboard is that the right shift is hard to get used to. I had a similar thing on my old keyboard but instead of it being \| on the left and shift on the right, it was vice versa, which really throws me off, keep hittting \ instead of shift on accident.

But if moneys not an issue, def filco. I would have gone filco myself if I had the budget, they have a great reputation for quality.
If you want peace... prepare for war.
StaraCroft
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria292 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 19:27:52
January 05 2013 19:11 GMT
#4752
On January 06 2013 02:38 Keldrath wrote:I found a 6gv2 red switch edition on amazon for 77 bucks.

Also consider the Qpak MK-50 for a MX red keyboard in the same price range. They are very similar in design, but the mk-50 has a standard keyboard layout.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 06 2013 13:04 GMT
#4753
Anyone know what cherry mx keys flash use on his celeritas?
Gulgarathz
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany12 Posts
January 06 2013 14:13 GMT
#4754
On January 06 2013 22:04 KAB00000000M wrote:
Anyone know what cherry mx keys flash use on his celeritas?

cherry mx browns.
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
January 06 2013 14:17 GMT
#4755
On January 06 2013 02:14 KAB00000000M wrote:
Do anyone know which type of switches on the Zowie Celeritas KT-Rolster's Flash use?

Additionaly: What key switches do these pro players use? (I'm trying to make a statistic graph of individuals using the different mechanical switches)

DRG
MKP
MC
MVP
FLASH
IdrA
HuK
MMA
Bomber
Rain


Idra uses reds, I'm guessing the rest of EG, as well, because sponsorship.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
January 06 2013 15:19 GMT
#4756
I wouldnt make graphs of the hardware Pro's use. Mice in particular, people dont seem to be particularly informed at all in sc2 scene (nothing like CS, etc), but any hardware, people generally take whatever their sponsors give them. Even if not, its not exactly easy to try all of the switch types and decide which one you like
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 06 2013 15:58 GMT
#4757
On January 07 2013 00:19 Cyro wrote:
I wouldnt make graphs of the hardware Pro's use. Mice in particular, people dont seem to be particularly informed at all in sc2 scene (nothing like CS, etc), but any hardware, people generally take whatever their sponsors give them. Even if not, its not exactly easy to try all of the switch types and decide which one you like


I agree. But I do have some holes that can be filled in. Becuase for keyboards. Most of the newer models have different cherry mx key setups. Which would make the player able to choose what keys he would like. That's what I hope to get hold of. But of course this is not information you can just get in one thread. I want to gather info to make an overview of the most popular cherry mx keys for the most highlighted pros.
IMlemon
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Lithuania296 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 16:18:53
January 06 2013 16:13 GMT
#4758
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.
My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 06 2013 16:22 GMT
#4759
On January 07 2013 01:13 IMlemon wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.


The one you have now is a rubber dome keyboard(regular standard)? Do you want a mechanical keyboard? Budget?
IMlemon
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Lithuania296 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-06 16:43:30
January 06 2013 16:35 GMT
#4760
On January 07 2013 01:22 KAB00000000M wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2013 01:13 IMlemon wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a keyboard for mostly programming and some light sc2 on the side? Sometimes after typing for a long time on my current keyboard my fingers feel tired and stiff and I'm getting tired of it. Sadly I don't have any sellers nearby so I can't try keyboards out myself . Halp.


The one you have now is a rubber dome keyboard(regular standard)? Do you want a mechanical keyboard? Budget?


Yep my current keyboard is a random one I got for 10$ and i'd like to get a mechanical one. I'd be willing to spend 100-150$.
My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4189
Leta 2904
Soulkey 550
BeSt 487
Soma 302
Rush 197
Barracks 108
Killer 49
Shine 33
Shinee 30
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 27
Hm[arnc] 20
Sharp 10
Dota 2
Gorgc566
XcaliburYe245
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
WinterStarcraft696
Sick226
Pyrionflax116
gofns0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 48
• 3DClanTV 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2269
League of Legends
• Jankos2240
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 8m
Patches Events
6h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 8m
OSC
14h 8m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.