• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:59
CEST 11:59
KST 18:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7173 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 250

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 248 249 250 251 252 383 Next
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 21:25:36
January 31 2013 21:23 GMT
#4981
On January 29 2013 04:54 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2013 03:46 m1rk3 wrote:
On January 29 2013 01:57 Blaec wrote:
On January 29 2013 01:05 TwilightRain wrote:
On another note: is there anything special about the Leopold FC500R that would justify it's cost being 40€ more than a Qpad MK-50 or a CM Storm QuickFire ?


Its better quality than the Qpad, and a little bit better than the CM keyboards. But definitely not 40 euro more.



Could you explain the "little bit better" please.


after looking around prior to my pruchase (qpad mk80) i often got recommended expensive basic ones cause of quality. tbh i dont know what they are talking about. the switches are same quality evrywhere, thats what matters most. the general build quality seems overall very high for mechanical keyboards and they mostly seem tank like compared to evry usual keyboard youve seen around.

seems like you pay more for super tanky boards cause you could throw them out of the window and the street would be damaged instead of they keyboard. question is how often do you do that, is that worth paying 50%+ more and wouldnt you have to pay dmg done to the street?
...

The question should be: why don't you throw your keyboard out of the window more often? Also, make a habit out of always taking your keyboard with you. You can then proceed to use your keyboard to hit everybody that looks at you in a funny way. That way, you quickly realize that every € or $ spent on a quality keyboard also improves it in its secondary function as bat.

On a serious note: a QPAD maybe a bit cheaper quality, but is still so good it will last you many many years. By the time it will break, you'll be sick of its looks anyways and would want to buy one due to that reason alone. I'm very happy with my MK50, recommended!
Get off my lawn, young punks
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
January 31 2013 23:23 GMT
#4982
Hi guys! I haven't read the original post or performed any search of the thread regarding my issue, but just wanted to post here because I (recently purchased/have a strong opinion) about X keyboard and (want to get over my purchase anxiety/want to have my opinion validated). I'll only respond to or acknowledge favorable replies. Thanks!

....

In hopes to promote keyboard talk, anyone have opinions on Ducky's new Zero line? I'm wondering what corners they were able to cut to be able to put it out so much cheaper. It looks pretty cool for entry level boards! If they offer a TKL I might grab it for SC2ing on the road. They are the new 21-- line and can be found at mechanical keyboards.

I'm liking what they're doing these days. The new backlit colored keycaps have been great with my Shine 1 as I was finally able to checker my board :-)
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 03:55:34
January 31 2013 23:24 GMT
#4983
I've been having this issue with my Steelseries 6gv2 where certain keys would activate twice even though I clearly pressed them once (e.g. "aa" or "ii"). It's been annoying the hell out of me. Googled the issue and I found so many threads on this very forum with the same issue with the same keyboard, haha. Seems like it should be a problem with Cherry MX Blacks in general, but I've only seen anecdotes of 6gv2 keyboards so far.

I'm past warranty so I'm pretty much going to buy a new keyboard. I liked everything about this keyboard. Looks like I'll have to avoid SS keyboards for a while. Meh.

Edit
Apparently this problem is called chattering and it actually is common with Cherry switches. Gonna blast the hell out of this keyboard with some air, hopefully it'll be fixed.

Edit 2
Cleaned with isopropyl, seems fixed so far...
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 01 2013 06:40 GMT
#4984
I might get a Quickfire TK with a White body and Brown switches if I get tired of my Blackwidow. Love the idea of brown switches, white body, white backlight and a tenkeyless size with num pad.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 01 2013 07:20 GMT
#4985
CM storm Rapid seems to be really good but it dan be found in france (or in Europe with brown switch)...
so weird they don't sell it in europe whereas they are selling the quickfire Pro and TK...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
frostdr
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany42 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 07:51:29
February 01 2013 07:50 GMT
#4986
i guess the tk replaces the rapid. it has all the rapid has and more for the same price - so they saw no reason in it builduing anymore I guess.

the only difference "negative" is that page up / down buttons row is 1 row closer to the arrow keys and... the other points are all positive
Feeling victimized helps from extending compassion and comprehension. If you are willing to understand the view points of others, it makes it more difficult to remain upset. That is the goal these posters are trying to avoid; they want to stay upset.
frostdr
Profile Joined January 2013
Germany42 Posts
February 01 2013 09:37 GMT
#4987
I bought the Quick Fire TK. I have it since 1 hour. And I quite like it so far. Switched from a Cherry Blue to Red. Must adapt to the new location of the Arrows and Pg up / Down buttons, but I guess thats only a matter of time.
You can Dim the Light, but the Button with the Windows Key Lock doesnt Dim and is always in brightest mode.

The Media Function keys are working so far. Using it on USB with 6 KRO (Dunno why I should go NKRO - But I tried it and it worked)

The Letters on the Buttons needs getting used to.
Feeling victimized helps from extending compassion and comprehension. If you are willing to understand the view points of others, it makes it more difficult to remain upset. That is the goal these posters are trying to avoid; they want to stay upset.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 10:01:53
February 01 2013 10:01 GMT
#4988
On February 01 2013 08:23 Kronen wrote:
Hi guys! I haven't read the original post or performed any search of the thread regarding my issue, but just wanted to post here because I (recently purchased/have a strong opinion) about X keyboard and (want to get over my purchase anxiety/want to have my opinion validated). I'll only respond to or acknowledge favorable replies. Thanks!

....

In hopes to promote keyboard talk, anyone have opinions on Ducky's new Zero line? I'm wondering what corners they were able to cut to be able to put it out so much cheaper. It looks pretty cool for entry level boards! If they offer a TKL I might grab it for SC2ing on the road. They are the new 21-- line and can be found at mechanical keyboards.

I'm liking what they're doing these days. The new backlit colored keycaps have been great with my Shine 1 as I was finally able to checker my board :-)


I have been looking for Ducky keyboards for a while now. The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that they don't sell any white colored ones at the moment.

If I could turn back time and get the Rabbit limited edition. I would buy 3 of them.
LukasG
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany95 Posts
February 01 2013 12:59 GMT
#4989
Hey guys

i´ve been using a Razer Blackwidow for 1,5 years and now i want a second Keyboard cuz I´m moving to a new appartment (loudness), it shouldnt be as loud as the blackwidow but it should have Brown Switches, really like the tactile feedback.
Any Advice? Price should not be above 120 €.

Thanks in Advance

Bye bye
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
February 01 2013 15:57 GMT
#4990
too bad that in france, the CM quickfire TK is only sold with Red switchs
i want brown switch...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
lantz
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States762 Posts
February 01 2013 16:34 GMT
#4991
I need a mech keyboard for work. It must not look like a gaming keyboard (so like a normal keyboard not like razer)

And I want to have the feel of a mech keyboard and be able to type fast WITHOUT making much noise (so not blues)


what type of key switches would u reccomend and what brand? Thanks in advance!
eBinTestO
Profile Joined August 2012
Finland104 Posts
February 01 2013 16:45 GMT
#4992
On February 02 2013 01:34 needcomputer wrote:
I need a mech keyboard for work. It must not look like a gaming keyboard (so like a normal keyboard not like razer)

And I want to have the feel of a mech keyboard and be able to type fast WITHOUT making much noise (so not blues)


what type of key switches would u reccomend and what brand? Thanks in advance!


Das Silent, Filco, Rosewill, Leopold... and mx browns. If that's not silent enough you can get the o-rings to dampen the sound. Topre would be very good for typing and quite silent, but it would be pretty expensive.
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
February 01 2013 17:00 GMT
#4993
On February 01 2013 16:50 frostdr wrote:
i guess the tk replaces the rapid. it has all the rapid has and more for the same price - so they saw no reason in it builduing anymore I guess.

the only difference "negative" is that page up / down buttons row is 1 row closer to the arrow keys and... the other points are all positive


The tk is more expensive than the rapid, at least in Singapore. About 30-40 SGD more.
Source: I was comparing prices and bought the rapid a week back.
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
LukasG
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany95 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-02 09:10:50
February 02 2013 09:02 GMT
#4994
Hey guys,

ok got one question where can i buy those O-Sound Dampeners? (except on wasdkeyboards)

A EU shop is prefered, cuz of shorter shipping time.

Greetings
hXc_
Profile Joined May 2012
179 Posts
February 02 2013 11:51 GMT
#4995
On February 02 2013 18:02 LukasG wrote:
Hey guys,

ok got one question where can i buy those O-Sound Dampeners? (except on wasdkeyboards)

A EU shop is prefered, cuz of shorter shipping time.

Greetings

I bought mine at a car parts shop, it's not like they are made specifically for keyboards
LukasG
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany95 Posts
February 02 2013 12:56 GMT
#4996
could u pls link them <3
hXc_
Profile Joined May 2012
179 Posts
February 02 2013 13:57 GMT
#4997
I bought it at a local small car parts shop, managed by 60 yo guy, they don't have a website . Just go to nearest car parts shop, ask for o-rings, they'll show you a case with different diameters, find one that suit's you, buy 100 of them
that's all
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 02 2013 14:25 GMT
#4998
I'm going to make sure I get MX Brown keys. Looks like a lot of the pros are using them - including Flash.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
February 02 2013 15:23 GMT
#4999
On February 01 2013 15:40 Havik_ wrote:
I might get a Quickfire TK with a White body and Brown switches if I get tired of my Blackwidow. Love the idea of brown switches, white body, white backlight and a tenkeyless size with num pad.


This is on sale for 69 with 10 dollar mail in rebate until tomorrow. Fully back lit small form factor cherry mx blues.
For the Dominion!
PiPaPoh
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
121 Posts
February 02 2013 15:42 GMT
#5000
On February 02 2013 23:25 KAB00000000M wrote:
I'm going to make sure I get MX Brown keys. Looks like a lot of the pros are using them - including Flash.


which one youll take?
Prev 1 248 249 250 251 252 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3830
Hyuk 1038
Calm 935
Bisu 761
Soma 354
Rush 305
BeSt 241
Horang2 153
Stork 139
Sexy 122
[ Show more ]
Mong 117
ToSsGirL 84
Mind 58
Killer 54
Jaedong 46
ZerO 43
Shinee 35
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 15
NaDa 15
Barracks 14
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Pusan 8
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
byalli652
shoxiejesuss509
edward172
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns36247
singsing1155
ceh9694
dupreeh274
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 1m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.