• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8113 users

[Guideline] SC2 Computers - Page 16

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 66 Next
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
March 01 2010 04:44 GMT
#301
I played around briefly with all of the levels (though granted, my computer can't handle more than medium if that, so ultra was running ~6 fps and undoubtedly I am missing on some of the finer animation details), and to be honest I think the difference between low and medium is the largest by far. To my eyes, low looks distractingly like an old 3D game with visibly clunky polygons and ugly textures, while all the others look like modern games. There are definitely more details and effects with high and ultra than medium, but I'm not even sure if all of those are necessary or desirable. Do you really need to see that the SCV's construction/welding process is creating sparks that light up the surroundings?

Of course somebody who actually plays on any of these settings would probably disagree with me.
SixSongs
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Poland1455 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-01 05:06:48
March 01 2010 04:53 GMT
#302
I have a problem. I finally got beta but it shuts down when i start it, like it never started. Black screen appears like its loading then its going back to windows. Is it because my comp is too slow? What do you think?
Win XP SP3
Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 GHz 1.86 GHz
2 GB of RAM
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro


Do think my comp is not good enough to even run the game? Should I get a new graphic card? What should I do pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Prince of DroneS
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-01 04:59:09
March 01 2010 04:58 GMT
#303
It does look like your X1300 is on the edge for the minimum requirements of SC2, but that should not be the problem. Your system should be SC2 capable, and I pretty sure it is a software problem.

Try downloading the latest drivers, and posting your problem in the SC2 Tech Support Forum HERE.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
March 01 2010 05:08 GMT
#304
My system is very low-end, but it does meet the min reqs, barely. I'm running everything on the lowest possible settings, but sometimes the game locks up and my screen goes black, and stays that way until I restart my computer. I updated my drivers and blew out my case, and it still happens. I think I'm going to need to update my video card (actually, my entire system) but I thought maybe there was a chance that it's something else.

Athlon 64 3800+ single core, 2.4 GHz
1GB RAM
Radeon Sapphire X1600
1360x768 32 bit resolution

I drop suckas like Plinko
scdude2
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada11 Posts
March 01 2010 05:09 GMT
#305
--- Nuked ---
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 01 2010 05:09 GMT
#306
Check the temps on your GPU while you are running SC2.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
scdude2
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada11 Posts
March 01 2010 05:11 GMT
#307
--- Nuked ---
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
March 01 2010 05:19 GMT
#308
On March 01 2010 14:09 FragKrag wrote:
Check the temps on your GPU while you are running SC2.


95 degrees, ouch. that's definitely the problem.
I drop suckas like Plinko
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 01 2010 05:20 GMT
#309
Check your GPU Fan/Heatsink for dust. Don't just blow air at it, actually try to get the dust out manually. Usually if you get those kinds of temps there is a lot of dust caked in your heatsink or something :<
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
March 01 2010 05:24 GMT
#310
Alright, i'll take a look at it. thanks
I drop suckas like Plinko
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
March 01 2010 06:36 GMT
#311
ooph 95 C ><
qoou
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway145 Posts
March 01 2010 12:02 GMT
#312
Hi, I really dont know sufficient about computers so any tips or help would be highly appreciated. I have no trouble running the beta at low and somewhat at medium at lower resolutions, but I would really like to atleast reach high.

These are my system specs, any thoughts on what to upgrade etc?

AMD Athlon 64 dual core 5000, 2,6Ghz
2GB RAM
Windows Vista
GeForce 8500 GT, 256MB
(+lots of HD space)
SC2, EU: Healthy WorldOfTanks, EU: Healthy
Sr18
Profile Joined April 2006
Netherlands1141 Posts
March 01 2010 12:38 GMT
#313
Qoou, your graphics card is comparable to the 6600GT, which is the minimum required for running the beta. Without upgrading your graphics card, you won't be able to run the game at anything higher than low/low meduim.
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't Park Yeong Min - CJ fighting!
qoou
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway145 Posts
March 01 2010 18:21 GMT
#314
On March 01 2010 21:38 Sr18 wrote:
Qoou, your graphics card is comparable to the 6600GT, which is the minimum required for running the beta. Without upgrading your graphics card, you won't be able to run the game at anything higher than low/low meduim.


Thanks. Looking for a new one now
SC2, EU: Healthy WorldOfTanks, EU: Healthy
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
March 01 2010 22:33 GMT
#315
Back again!

As I said earlier, in case you don't remember me which is likely, I am rebuilding my comp. Spent the last few days talking with people to make sure I was going the right away and putting a parts list together and now I'm just running it by people.

Mentioned earlier, I already have a 500G HD, so I don't think I need to upgrade that for the time being as well as a working DVDR. I pretty much need everything else.

Current List:

CPU: http://tinyurl.com/yl6s3t5
MoBo: http://tinyurl.com/yf584q2
GPU: http://tinyurl.com/yadzeot
RAM: http://tinyurl.com/ykuvgtu
PSU: http://tinyurl.com/yg5memd
Tower: http://tinyurl.com/2bergx


My main concern is everything working together, and just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something important like a connection type or power supply cables.


Thanks for all the help, you've been awesome.
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
March 01 2010 22:37 GMT
#316
that mobo is really expensive. also hd 4850 is cheaper and performs similarly compared to gts 250 (though not for sc2 at the moment).
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
Polis
Profile Joined January 2005
Poland1292 Posts
March 01 2010 22:41 GMT
#317
On March 02 2010 03:21 qoou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2010 21:38 Sr18 wrote:
Qoou, your graphics card is comparable to the 6600GT, which is the minimum required for running the beta. Without upgrading your graphics card, you won't be able to run the game at anything higher than low/low meduim.


Thanks. Looking for a new one now


You must first know what GPU your PSU will support.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-01 23:46:25
March 01 2010 23:35 GMT
#318
That mobo is extremely expensive for what it does. The only advantage of that mobo is that it uses the H55, which supports the Intel i3 Integrated GPU. You don't need that GPU because you are already buying a dedicated GPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131604&cm_re=asus-_-13-131-604-_-Product

is a decent board for its price.

As for the GPU, I'm not 100% sure about the GTS 250 because it does seem like a decent card, yet it is a bit expensive IMO. For an extra $10 you could get the ATi HD 5770 which should perform a bit better and have DX11 support. However, the GTS 250 is a fine card atm.

In terms of compatibility, you should be fine
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Hasire
Profile Joined February 2010
United States125 Posts
March 01 2010 23:52 GMT
#319
On March 02 2010 08:35 FragKrag wrote:
That mobo is extremely expensive for what it does. The only advantage of that mobo is that it uses the H55, which supports the Intel i3 Integrated GPU. You don't need that GPU because you are already buying a dedicated GPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131604&cm_re=asus-_-13-131-604-_-Product

is a decent board for its price.


Awesome. I asked at least 5 people and not a single one seemed to notice this [except you know, the guy who posted before you].

As for the GPU, I'm not 100% sure about the GTS 250 because it does seem like a decent card, yet it is a bit expensive IMO. For an extra $10 you could get the ATi HD 5770 which should perform a bit better and have DX11 support. However, the GTS 250 is a fine card atm.


I looked around, and I can seem to get the GTS 250 for 140-150 while the 5770 is more 160. From other peoples reviews and what not, the difference is about 3-5 FPS in most things, and completely unnoticeable, so it doesn't seem to be worth the money from where I am right now.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 01 2010 23:56 GMT
#320
Well there are definitely other things to count in like power consumption, temperatures, and future support where the HD 5770 where come out on top. Anyways I'm not a huge fan of the 5770, I was just putting it out as an option.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4367
Leta 1794
Shuttle 1128
Shine 33
sorry 32
ZergMaN 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7506
WinterStarcraft650
Sick182
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick516
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1420
• Sammyuel 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
League of Legends
• Lourlo1102
• Rush1062
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 32m
Patches Events
8h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 32m
OSC
16h 32m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.