• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:53
CEST 14:53
KST 21:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8406 users

Season 4 Ladder Map Pool: Voting Begins! - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
1068 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 54 Next
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
October 10 2014 14:11 GMT
#661
On October 10 2014 20:34 OtherWorld wrote:
Experimental/innovative does not mean totally broken. Also they often have only ONE new feature, and that's precisely why they are good ; you can't judge a map with tons of new features because you aren't able to tell apart broken features from good ones


that way you never find out how to fix a broken feature with another broken feature. Which was common practice in a rts that survived to this day in some countries.

Either way its tournaments that want great games and since there are so many tournaments, players can decide were to go to and dictate an easy to train for standard map pool. The exception was Proleague with their closed up playerpool.
Now everyone obeys the ladder map pool, because of WCS.
Funny thing is they do balance change and then standard maps end up really broken, so they have to adjust the maps. Sounds like an unnecessary step is in there.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 10 2014 16:17 GMT
#662
On October 10 2014 23:11 FeyFey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 20:34 OtherWorld wrote:
Experimental/innovative does not mean totally broken. Also they often have only ONE new feature, and that's precisely why they are good ; you can't judge a map with tons of new features because you aren't able to tell apart broken features from good ones


that way you never find out how to fix a broken feature with another broken feature. Which was common practice in a rts that survived to this day in some countries.

That's a really interesting point, I hadn't thought of it. But wouldn't fixing a broken feature with another require tons and tons of tests?
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
October 10 2014 18:06 GMT
#663
Map number 3 is Daybreak.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
October 10 2014 18:08 GMT
#664
The OP isn't updated. It would be nice if it was
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
October 10 2014 18:21 GMT
#665
Nooooooo daybreak
Neosteel Enthusiast
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 10 2014 19:08 GMT
#666
I'm really happy with Daybreak. As maps go by, I'm beginning to hope Steppes of War isn't in ; the top 3 is quite surprising. I only need two decent maps in the remaining four to be perfectly happy (I'll be even happier if those maps are Ohana and Bel'shir Vestige), which is a good situation.
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
October 10 2014 19:14 GMT
#667
Daybreak leaves map pool after being in for 3 years

better vote it back in


ughhhhhhh
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
October 10 2014 19:30 GMT
#668
Interesting choice for daybreak. A lot of people posit that the potential third expansion near the centre of the map will be broken with SH. It remains to be seen, but interesting choice none the less.
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
October 10 2014 19:35 GMT
#669
On October 11 2014 04:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm really happy with Daybreak. As maps go by, I'm beginning to hope Steppes of War isn't in ; the top 3 is quite surprising. I only need two decent maps in the remaining four to be perfectly happy (I'll be even happier if those maps are Ohana and Bel'shir Vestige), which is a good situation.

Sorry but the sadist in me hopes Steppes is the last choice, so that I can imagine your tears of frustration over the #nightmarepool.

Hehe, j/k Wire. If Steppes and Xelnaga make it, it will confirm the entire community is full of trolls.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 10 2014 19:54 GMT
#670
On October 11 2014 04:35 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm really happy with Daybreak. As maps go by, I'm beginning to hope Steppes of War isn't in ; the top 3 is quite surprising. I only need two decent maps in the remaining four to be perfectly happy (I'll be even happier if those maps are Ohana and Bel'shir Vestige), which is a good situation.

Sorry but the sadist in me hopes Steppes is the last choice, so that I can imagine your tears of frustration over the #nightmarepool.

Hehe, j/k Wire. If Steppes and Xelnaga make it, it will confirm the entire community is full of trolls.

At this point I really think we won't have Steppes in. Probably people voting for it also voted for good maps, and Steppes isn't going to make the cut
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
October 10 2014 20:11 GMT
#671
If the other map picks turn out to be Antiga Shipyard, Ohana LE, Shakiras Plateau and Taldarim Altar LE, then all this season's maps would have been present in the WoL Season 2 2012 map pool.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
October 10 2014 20:21 GMT
#672
On October 11 2014 04:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm really happy with Daybreak. As maps go by, I'm beginning to hope Steppes of War isn't in ; the top 3 is quite surprising. I only need two decent maps in the remaining four to be perfectly happy (I'll be even happier if those maps are Ohana and Bel'shir Vestige), which is a good situation.


HIGH FIVE WIRE!!! So happy to see Daybreak this high. Yeah I also only need 2 more playable maps then I don't care for the rest. PLEASE GIEF BEL'SHIR, doubt it's going to happend tho.
hundred thousand krouner
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 10 2014 20:36 GMT
#673
On October 11 2014 04:35 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm really happy with Daybreak. As maps go by, I'm beginning to hope Steppes of War isn't in ; the top 3 is quite surprising. I only need two decent maps in the remaining four to be perfectly happy (I'll be even happier if those maps are Ohana and Bel'shir Vestige), which is a good situation.

Sorry but the sadist in me hopes Steppes is the last choice, so that I can imagine your tears of frustration over the #nightmarepool.

Hehe, j/k Wire. If Steppes and Xelnaga make it, it will confirm the entire community is full of trolls.


Ha ha you're so mean !!!

On October 11 2014 04:54 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:35 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm really happy with Daybreak. As maps go by, I'm beginning to hope Steppes of War isn't in ; the top 3 is quite surprising. I only need two decent maps in the remaining four to be perfectly happy (I'll be even happier if those maps are Ohana and Bel'shir Vestige), which is a good situation.

Sorry but the sadist in me hopes Steppes is the last choice, so that I can imagine your tears of frustration over the #nightmarepool.

Hehe, j/k Wire. If Steppes and Xelnaga make it, it will confirm the entire community is full of trolls.

At this point I really think we won't have Steppes in. Probably people voting for it also voted for good maps, and Steppes isn't going to make the cut


You know what ? I think you're right.

On October 11 2014 05:21 Zheryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
I'm really happy with Daybreak. As maps go by, I'm beginning to hope Steppes of War isn't in ; the top 3 is quite surprising. I only need two decent maps in the remaining four to be perfectly happy (I'll be even happier if those maps are Ohana and Bel'shir Vestige), which is a good situation.


HIGH FIVE WIRE!!! So happy to see Daybreak this high. Yeah I also only need 2 more playable maps then I don't care for the rest. PLEASE GIEF BEL'SHIR, doubt it's going to happend tho.


HIGH FIVE MAN!!! Maybe the #dreampool could end up not being so much of a #nightmarepool after all !
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
October 10 2014 20:42 GMT
#674
We might have lucked out due to the voting format.

If it was some kind of weighted or first preference system I am pretty much certain Steppes would have been in
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Evil_Sheep
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada902 Posts
October 10 2014 20:47 GMT
#675
Daybreak and CK huh? Great maps of course, but I would've thought people are tired of playing on them. Guess not. Judging by what we've seen we're going to get a (relatively) standard map pool after all. I'm guessing Antiga, Ohana, Tal'Darim and honestly still think Steppes can get in there given the verbal votes I've seen.

Although for all the chicken littles who claimed the trolls would ruin the polls, guess democracy does work after all. (Although there's still time to have XNC and Steppes come and fuck everything up )
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
October 10 2014 20:53 GMT
#676
On October 11 2014 05:47 Evil_Sheep wrote:
Although for all the chicken littles who claimed the trolls would ruin the polls, guess democracy does work after all. (Although there's still time to have XNC and Steppes come and fuck everything up )


Beware, we're not out of the woods yet : the remaining maps, as far as we know, could be Xel'naga Caverns, Shattered Temple, Steppes of War... But I'll be more than happy to be called chicken little for this whole season if in the end, the map pool is OK !
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
October 10 2014 21:29 GMT
#677
Daybreak ! Yes ! was my first pick.

I think i got Daybreak, Belshir, Ohana (i like killing soultrain) and CK for the first 4
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
October 10 2014 22:02 GMT
#678
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Akilon Waste in there.

I had some fun blink all ins that would absolutely destroy gold leaguers on AW. That would be some nice nostalgia for me.

And I can imagine SH being useful for zoning out the two parallel avenues in the centre of the map.
MorDka
Profile Joined October 2012
Poland543 Posts
October 10 2014 22:13 GMT
#679
Do you remeber Swarm Hosts on daybreak? T.T
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 11 2014 00:05 GMT
#680
Can't wait for the SH removal/nerf
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1462
WardiTV728
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko479
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6875
Bisu 2308
Jaedong 964
EffOrt 511
Horang2 461
actioN 337
Mini 243
ZerO 199
Larva 157
ggaemo 128
[ Show more ]
Pusan 122
Mind 107
Barracks 80
Shinee 68
Sharp 64
Bale 62
Yoon 55
Hyun 55
Snow 54
Killer 40
Dewaltoss 36
hero 34
ToSsGirL 33
Sacsri 23
NotJumperer 19
scan(afreeca) 19
sorry 18
zelot 18
Noble 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2943
qojqva1208
Dendi1070
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1115
markeloff84
Other Games
hiko622
B2W.Neo438
crisheroes280
DeMusliM219
Pyrionflax188
Livibee127
QueenE77
Mew2King60
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV968
League of Legends
• Jankos1956
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 8m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.