• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:13
CEST 14:13
KST 21:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10111 users

Hybrid settings 2.0 - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-07 20:16:09
February 07 2014 20:15 GMT
#81
Added more screenshots

[image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]
[image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]
[image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 01:03:03
February 08 2014 00:44 GMT
#82
wtf so weird, I just got the black screen after never having it before.... Still working on it.

EDIT: my settings were on ultra/extreme when i changed the variables.txt

Makes sure everything is set to low before modifying variables.txt

EDIT2: Anyone that has the black ground issue try this:

Delete Variables.txt
Load Sc2

Set:
Med Shaders
Med Shadows
High Models

Exit Sc2 and add edit:

creeptrans=1
lighting=0
GraphicsOptionEffectsDetail=1
GraphicsOptionShadowQuality=0
particlelod=1
splatlod=1
alternateLowTextures=1

Let me know if you have any luck.

EDIT3: I also always add lines alphabetically instead of at the bottom. Probably just superstitious but why not?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
xxjcdentonxx
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada163 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 02:15:59
February 08 2014 02:04 GMT
#83
I can't use Hybrid 2.0 because it's too demanding compared to Low. Could I just change my variables to make unit warping-in identifiable? I might also be interested in the brightness and colour changes, depending on if those affect performance.

Thank you very much.

Edit: I just switched back to Low and getting 60 fps at start of match. Hybrid was giving me 40, so unfortunately I have to stick with Low.
"Expand or die." —Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #45
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 02:12:35
February 08 2014 02:09 GMT
#84
You're doing Jeebus's and the Noodly One's work, sir. Worked perfect, just like the original. I used to use low because everything else was too distracting. This is just as good on that front but obviously much better.

Edit: holy murphy are Polar Night and Alterzim more clear to see. It doesn't feel like looking into a fishtank when playing them.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 03:01:04
February 08 2014 02:21 GMT
#85
Holy finally I can't believe this is out. I always wanted to try your original hybrid but it got patched out before I could =(

I love your work existor and Jakatak, You guys are the best when it comes to optimizing sc2!

Anyways I play protoss and if I wanted the get the best possible edge and advantage in graphics which settings should I be using? I am guessing low textures? Do I need to change anything else?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 08 2014 06:22 GMT
#86
I suggest low textures, with the hybrid graphics in this thread.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 09:39:42
February 08 2014 09:14 GMT
#87
DIMAGA messaged me about trying these settings


He did one nice tweak, which I've added to the OP (the first one about low textures):

  • To make game even more clear in terms of ground textures, do the next two steps:
    • Set Textures to Low
    • Change in variables.txt alternatelowtextures=1 to 0. This may fix your problems with pink/black terrain.

  • Change GraphicsOptionShadowQuality=0 to 1, if you want to change blob-shadows to no-shadows.

  • Change splatlod=1 to 0, if you do not want black-holes texture around static-burrowed units.

  • If you want to have Ultra settings (or any other) without shiny-effect, add lighting=0 to your variables.txt.
    This will also remove all the shadows and give you different look of login/menu screen (check below in Known issues)

  • If you want small perfomance boost, try to use bitdepth=16, it will change your ingame colors a bit, but for some users it can cause some problems. So, experiment with it.



HeyImFinn
Profile Joined September 2011
United States250 Posts
February 08 2014 10:27 GMT
#88
Is there a way to set everything on low, while also having the blue cloaking effect...thing?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 08 2014 12:31 GMT
#89
On February 08 2014 19:27 HeyImFinn wrote:
Is there a way to set everything on low, while also having the blue cloaking effect...thing?

simplifiedCloaking, but it may be connected to Medium shaders.
Magreidis
Profile Joined May 2013
Lithuania146 Posts
February 08 2014 13:00 GMT
#90
When I added code, I can't get into the game, my ms starts growing to infinity!, What to do?
http://www.twitch.tv/thescriptan From zero to Grand Master Coming Soon!!!
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 08 2014 13:03 GMT
#91
When I added code, I can't get into the game, my ms starts growing to infinity!,

What are ms stats?

Added more screenshots on Habitation and Alterzim

[image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3553 Posts
February 08 2014 13:49 GMT
#92

Show nested quote +
I do have more trouble spotting Widow Mines and Force Fields are a little harder to see than the higher graphic settings


On hybrid settings or on low?

On hybrid. I actually prefer super reflective forcefields, because they're less transparent.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 08 2014 13:54 GMT
#93
On hybrid. I actually prefer super reflective forcefields, because they're less transparent.

Well, current Hybrid Settings use medium-shader Force Fields. Also Widow Mines are same as on medium. Are you sure you're using Hybrid ones?

[image loading]

JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 08 2014 16:34 GMT
#94
On February 08 2014 22:49 ejozl wrote:
Show nested quote +

I do have more trouble spotting Widow Mines and Force Fields are a little harder to see than the higher graphic settings


On hybrid settings or on low?

On hybrid. I actually prefer super reflective forcefields, because they're less transparent.


Would definitely like to see comparison screen shots. I thought we made the widow mines and force fields the same on hybrid as higher settings.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Arghmyliver
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1081 Posts
February 08 2014 16:56 GMT
#95
I love everyone for doing this. I loved Hybrid Graphics to the point that I would consistently just try them knowing they wouldn't work just in case some miracle allowed them to exist again. And here you have given it to us all on a silver platter, you delicious morsels amoung men. Sorry that was creepy but I really like this you guys thanks!
Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.
Serpicou
Profile Joined May 2013
Poland3 Posts
February 08 2014 17:22 GMT
#96
Me and my PC don't like it, how do I restore the colours? Bringing the options to default doesn't help. I want my vanilla game back. ):
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 08 2014 17:31 GMT
#97
On February 09 2014 02:22 Serpicou wrote:
Me and my PC don't like it, how do I restore the colours? Bringing the options to default doesn't help. I want my vanilla game back. ):


delete your variables.txt (without sc2 running) and start Sc2
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Tokikong
Profile Joined March 2013
35 Posts
February 08 2014 17:33 GMT
#98
After trying those settings , I have to say that I do not really like the settings because they are way too demanding compared to low settings . To be honest I get the say same amount of frames when I have everything set on medium/medium settings.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 17:49:03
February 08 2014 17:48 GMT
#99
On February 09 2014 02:33 Tokikong wrote:
After trying those settings , I have to say that I do not really like the settings because they are way too demanding compared to low settings . To be honest I get the say same amount of frames when I have everything set on medium/medium settings.

Well, you should understand the point of these settings. They can be considered as hybrid of low and medium. So the thing that they require a bit more than low settings is normal.

Also if you have problems with perfomance, try next steps:
  1. Remove lighting=0 from your variables.txt
  2. Clear cache from ProgramData / BlizzardEntertainment / StarCraft II (this folder might be hidden, google how to show hidden folders)
  3. Turn everything in game settings to Low
  4. Turn everything in game settings to Ultra (with relaunches)
  5. Turn everything in game settings to Low again
  6. Make "Scan and Repair" in Battle.Net launcher (under SC2 logo Options > Scan and Repair)
  7. Copypast Hybrid options to the end of your variables.txt
  8. Launch the Preloader map (you may find it in the Arcade)
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 08 2014 18:50 GMT
#100
@Tokikong

The goal is not as much to increase FPS from medium, but to provide the most clear view of the battlefield without sacrificing any helpful gameplay elements like easy to see cloak units etc. Hybrid takes away a lot of the clutter seen in medium settings like terrain effects and animated creep.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 947
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings192
CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36312
Shuttle 12728
FanTaSy 1732
Hyuk 1144
BeSt 572
Horang2 530
Pusan 337
Mini 311
Stork 255
EffOrt 200
[ Show more ]
Last 159
Killer 138
Zeus 136
Mind 88
ggaemo 71
sorry 62
Hyun 61
Snow 51
PianO 46
Sea.KH 42
Soma 38
ToSsGirL 34
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 31
JYJ 21
Aegong 18
hero 17
zelot 15
NaDa 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi772
XcaliburYe361
Counter-Strike
fl0m1984
byalli879
x6flipin539
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu36
Other Games
gofns41680
singsing3010
B2W.Neo970
Hui .139
Livibee115
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick680
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 47m
Replay Cast
10h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.