• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:57
CEST 11:57
KST 18:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12427 users

Hybrid settings 2.0 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
qwertyindeed
Profile Joined November 2010
151 Posts
February 06 2014 21:37 GMT
#21
wow, the unexplored area looks much better during game start. Thank!
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
February 06 2014 21:39 GMT
#22
On February 07 2014 06:37 purakushi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 06:32 KrazyTrumpet wrote:
=(

[image loading]

Running a repair/scan right now. Any ideas if that doesn't work? On latest NVIDIA beta drivers.


Haha, I kind of like everything on black. Makes it easier to see ><

=P

Damn, I did a scan/repair and even deleted my variables.txt to get a fresh one. Still black terrain T_T

I don't really want to downgrade my GPU drivers but if that's the only thing left to tweak I will.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
oFFoy
Profile Joined March 2011
Lithuania33 Posts
February 06 2014 21:46 GMT
#23
How can i make force fields more visible? I'm playing on low and i'm pretty happy, but force fields are barely visible. Is it something in the variables.txt i can add to make them look like in hybrid screenshot?
wut
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 06 2014 21:50 GMT
#24
On February 07 2014 06:46 oFFoy wrote:
How can i make force fields more visible? I'm playing on low and i'm pretty happy, but force fields are barely visible. Is it something in the variables.txt i can add to make them look like in hybrid screenshot?

You need medium shaders.
nMinhBang
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands98 Posts
February 06 2014 22:04 GMT
#25
Thank you so much! I totally loved the original Hybrid settings, I have been yearning for them ever since they stopped working D;
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
February 06 2014 22:04 GMT
#26
Slightly to late, just when I got myself a new processor, partly in order to run StarCraft 2 at decent settings with 60fps. Will the stuff like seeing what units warp-in work from everywhere above a certain level of model, or just the one?
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
February 06 2014 22:08 GMT
#27
I'm so glad to see these settings are back! Daily upon waking since patch 1.5.3 I have beat upon mine own chest and cried out in lamentation of the loss of the hybridic settings! Now my morning ritual can finally be at an end and order will finally be restored to the galaxy.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
-RusH
Profile Joined June 2012
United States240 Posts
February 06 2014 22:11 GMT
#28
How could I get it to be brighter on medium settings. I like medium settings just that it's still a little dark for me. I've already upped the gamma as much as I can without changing the color too much.
Life..
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
February 06 2014 22:22 GMT
#29
It's been so long... I had almost forgotten. Thank you so fucking much I have missed these graphic settings for way too long and I'm so incredibly happy to finally be able to use them again :D
Quakecomm
Profile Joined April 2012
United States344 Posts
February 06 2014 22:34 GMT
#30
ok so the ground is completely black...
the other guy in this thread with this issue seems to have not found a fix
someone please help??!?
gorkey island is the only good map
-Miszu-
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland18 Posts
February 06 2014 22:49 GMT
#31
i have same problem like KrazyTrumpet
Quakecomm
Profile Joined April 2012
United States344 Posts
February 06 2014 22:51 GMT
#32
On February 07 2014 07:49 -Miszu- wrote:
i have same problem like KrazyTrumpet

ok thats 3 people
save us JaKaTaK!
I BELIEVE
gorkey island is the only good map
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
February 06 2014 22:51 GMT
#33
Well, I removed lighting=0 and that fixed it but then everything was waytoobright. Toggling low/high settings got the ground/lighting back to normal, but I assume it broke the hybrid settings. Quakecomm and Miszu what are your system specs? I'm on a GTX 670 GPU with the latest beta drivers 334.67
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-06 23:28:38
February 06 2014 23:27 GMT
#34
I see a textured ground and want to paint it black...

No idea what's happening here. If someone who's having issues can email me we can exchange skypes and try to get it figured out. Probably not today.

I'm running around like a nut trying to get the video for this finished. Existor is too fast I should have had the foresight to ask him to wait until I was finished with the video before publishing the post. Live and Learn.

If it helps I'm running a GTX 570 GPU with the 320.49 driver and I'm not having any issues.

edit: thejakatak@gmail.com
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Tokikong
Profile Joined March 2013
35 Posts
February 06 2014 23:35 GMT
#35
Hey ho

can anyone tell what settings dear uses?

Reference :


It looks like medium but it doesn't seem as shiny as when I turn my settings into shiny. It looks pretty smooth and clear in comparison to my medium settings.

KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
February 06 2014 23:41 GMT
#36
On February 07 2014 08:27 JaKaTaK wrote:
I see a textured ground and want to paint it black...

No idea what's happening here. If someone who's having issues can email me we can exchange skypes and try to get it figured out. Probably not today.

I'm running around like a nut trying to get the video for this finished. Existor is too fast I should have had the foresight to ask him to wait until I was finished with the video before publishing the post. Live and Learn.

If it helps I'm running a GTX 570 GPU with the 320.49 driver and I'm not having any issues.

edit: thejakatak@gmail.com

Wow, you are on really old drivers lol
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
-Miszu-
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland18 Posts
February 06 2014 23:46 GMT
#37
GTX 560 TI with 332.21 drivers
.DrK
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada326 Posts
February 06 2014 23:54 GMT
#38
On February 07 2014 08:35 Tokikong wrote:
Hey ho

can anyone tell what settings dear uses?

+ Show Spoiler +
Reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xiy6Vclzg


It looks like medium but it doesn't seem as shiny as when I turn my settings into shiny. It looks pretty smooth and clear in comparison to my medium settings.


it's medium
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
February 06 2014 23:59 GMT
#39
On February 07 2014 08:46 -Miszu- wrote:
GTX 560 TI with 332.21 drivers

If you change to 320.49 drivers does it fix?
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Maasked
Profile Joined December 2011
United States567 Posts
February 07 2014 00:20 GMT
#40
I dont seem to be able to get OBS's game capture to work while using these settings, any ideas why?
TwitchTV as Maaasked I stream hots (rarely)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7265
Horang2 553
BeSt 469
Hyuk 453
Stork 161
sorry 116
Pusan 85
Killer 80
Shinee 78
Hyun 68
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 62
Bonyth 49
Snow 47
Mind 36
Bale 34
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 22
Sacsri 20
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe4
League of Legends
JimRising 481
Other Games
gofns33891
singsing2018
Mew2King75
ArmadaUGS73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick663
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Adnapsc2 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Lourlo1586
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4m
CranKy Ducklings12
INu's Battles
2h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 4m
Replay Cast
13h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.