• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:24
CEST 13:24
KST 20:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10845 users

Hybrid settings 2.0 - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
December 12 2014 01:16 GMT
#381
On November 22 2014 19:56 Goldbaersche wrote:
Does anybody know how to fix the awful lightning on Cloud Kingdom? It's really uncomfortable for my eyes.


CK has always had awful blur and lightning, not only on hybrid settings.
Parcelleus
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1662 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-12 02:42:19
December 12 2014 02:30 GMT
#382
On December 12 2014 10:08 Mecto wrote:
any idea on how to fix the pink/purple/black glitch yet ?

i really loved my hybrid settings


I posted a fix on page 15. Perhaps add to OP ?
*burp*
Sephin
Profile Joined December 2014
16 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-14 22:29:06
December 13 2014 22:30 GMT
#383
Hi people,

I am new to this hybrid settings stuff and I have no idea if this request is already done earlier or if there already is a solution to this. But bassicly I am looking for an even more clearer edge for the creep. I already set the creeptrans= to '0' but then it still is a little unclear.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2z9cdib.jpg

As you can see, in the upper left corner, right above where I am going to put my spawning pool, you see the creep is ahead of its border, though you can't place structures over there. And at some other places its not spread widely enough to cover one box although there you can place structures on it.

So my suggestion/question was; 'Could the creep be made like this?'

http://oi60.tinypic.com/357hd2e.jpg

I am not sure if this is even possible, and now I come to think of it, I don't think it is. But if someone who has actually an idea of what he's talking about could give his opinion about it, it'll be appreciated =)

GeeGee!!
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10865 Posts
December 13 2014 23:02 GMT
#384
On December 14 2014 07:30 Sephin wrote:
Hi people,

I am new to this hybrid settings stuff and I have no idea if this request is already done earlier or if there already is a solution to this. But bassicly I am looking for an even more clearer edge for the creep. I already set the creeptrans= to '0' but then it still is a little unclear.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2z9cdib.jpg

As you can see, in the upper left corner, right above where I am going to put my spawning pool, you see the creep is ahead of its border, though you can't place structures over there. And at some other places its not spread widely enough to cover one box although there you can place structures on it.

So my suggestion/question was; 'Could the creep be made like this?'

http://oi60.tinypic.com/357hd2e.jpg

I am not sure if this is even possible, and now I come to think of it, I don't think it is. But if someone who has actually an idea of what he's talking about could give his opinion about it, it'll be appreciated =)

GeeGee!!


Really? lol...
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Sephin
Profile Joined December 2014
16 Posts
December 14 2014 11:22 GMT
#385
On December 14 2014 08:02 GGzerG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 07:30 Sephin wrote:
Hi people,

I am new to this hybrid settings stuff and I have no idea if this request is already done earlier or if there already is a solution to this. But bassicly I am looking for an even more clearer edge for the creep. I already set the creeptrans= to '0' but then it still is a little unclear.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2z9cdib.jpg

As you can see, in the upper left corner, right above where I am going to put my spawning pool, you see the creep is ahead of its border, though you can't place structures over there. And at some other places its not spread widely enough to cover one box although there you can place structures on it.

So my suggestion/question was; 'Could the creep be made like this?'

http://oi60.tinypic.com/357hd2e.jpg

I am not sure if this is even possible, and now I come to think of it, I don't think it is. But if someone who has actually an idea of what he's talking about could give his opinion about it, it'll be appreciated =)

GeeGee!!


Really? lol...


Why not?
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-21 15:59:09
December 21 2014 15:58 GMT
#386
sorry to bump this for my "special" question:
I've just re-installed SC2 after migrating to a new OS and I want to force the game to have the black background. (no map textures). My eyes are very sensitive to light, so playing with the black background makes everything a lot easier. (even if seeing burrowed units is practically impossible, but I don't care. maps like King Sejong make my eyes bleed.)

Earlier in this thread, someone said putting in lighting=0 would help, but that doesn't change anything here. Thanks for your help.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
davidc02
Profile Joined October 2010
Venezuela32 Posts
December 24 2014 03:34 GMT
#387
Any suggestions for improving framerate a bit?
http://www.sc2venezuela.com
EiBmoZ
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada235 Posts
January 12 2015 02:33 GMT
#388
these settings look great in heroes of the storm aswell, thx =D
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
January 12 2015 02:53 GMT
#389
On December 14 2014 07:30 Sephin wrote:
Hi people,

I am new to this hybrid settings stuff and I have no idea if this request is already done earlier or if there already is a solution to this. But bassicly I am looking for an even more clearer edge for the creep. I already set the creeptrans= to '0' but then it still is a little unclear.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2z9cdib.jpg

As you can see, in the upper left corner, right above where I am going to put my spawning pool, you see the creep is ahead of its border, though you can't place structures over there. And at some other places its not spread widely enough to cover one box although there you can place structures on it.

So my suggestion/question was; 'Could the creep be made like this?'

http://oi60.tinypic.com/357hd2e.jpg

I am not sure if this is even possible, and now I come to think of it, I don't think it is. But if someone who has actually an idea of what he's talking about could give his opinion about it, it'll be appreciated =)

GeeGee!!

It is possible on medium textures with creeptrans=1
Hot_Ice
Profile Joined January 2013
139 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-14 00:14:44
January 14 2015 00:08 GMT
#390
--- Nuked ---
NeoGenocide
Profile Joined February 2015
New Zealand1 Post
February 12 2015 22:32 GMT
#391
I tried these settings out on my PC and i liked them, however it caused some stuttering with my game

I have now reverted back to my original settings however i am still experiencing stuttering where before i was fine.

Can someone please help me? It's extremely frustrating
Magnifico
Profile Joined March 2013
1958 Posts
February 13 2015 01:19 GMT
#392
I want to ask this for a long time... Anyone knows why the shaders and general graphical feel of the game changes so muxh from map to map?

This drives me crazy. With low shaders this issue is fixed.
Eregos
Profile Joined July 2013
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-14 05:15:10
February 14 2015 04:08 GMT
#393
After experimenting with things for over an hour, black/pink textures seem to never be fixed without deleting the cache. Most of the steps listed in the OP for fixing it seem unnecessary, so I was trying to figure out which ones. I can't say 100%, but it seems like all you need to do is delete the cache, then (maybe) delete lighting=0, then LOW->ULTRA. Then swap in your ideal variables.txt

I found keeping another folder full of different versions of variables.txt works well, there is no sense in remaking your ideal variables.txt every single time. If it worked before and stops working, it's a cache issue. Just delete the existing one and swap in the one you want.

Beyond that, I also found setting variables.txt to read-only works well. I have all my swap-in-ready variable.txts set to read only.
Jonas :)
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States511 Posts
February 15 2015 16:11 GMT
#394
So I just got an SSD, and reinstalled SC2 on it, but am having difficulties removing the "black ground" bug. Other than an SSD instead of an HDD, (and updated drivers on my GTX 560 Ti) I have the same setup as what I successfully used Hybrid settings one before.

I've followed the directions in the OP exactly, but the bug is still there. I've followed the steps in the OP to correct for the black ground, but it is still there. I've even copy/pasted the same variables.txt file that I know worked for me when I was booting from my HDD into my SSD's version of that file, but no luck

On February 14 2015 13:08 Eregos wrote:
all you need to do is delete the cache, then (maybe) delete lighting=0, then LOW->ULTRA. Then swap in your ideal variables.txt


This didn't work either. Anyone have anything else that I can try?
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
February 15 2015 17:40 GMT
#395
most likely offtopic (because it has nothing to do with hybrid settings).
Did someone noticed that the game plays more fluently with stronger color (blizzard thing) than without it?
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
Eregos
Profile Joined July 2013
United States34 Posts
February 18 2015 05:00 GMT
#396
I had a lot of trouble getting rid of pink and black ground at first. Eventually I did, and since then I've just been deleting cache and replacing variables.txt with my desired one and I haven't encountered the problem again. I can't expect it will be this simple for everyone though, I wish you luck in figuring it out.
Eregos
Profile Joined July 2013
United States34 Posts
February 18 2015 06:41 GMT
#397
Another datapoint - I just had pink/black textures again, even though I followed my normal procedure. I closed the game, deleted just the cache and tried again and it worked. If it happens again I'll just keep closing the game, deleting the cache and trying again and if this procedure fails to work I'll post about it.
Imalayan
Profile Joined March 2015
4 Posts
March 27 2015 18:58 GMT
#398
I used the hyrid settings for a while, but today I played toss for the first time and noticed, that pylonpower sadly DOES suck (It looks like on low settings). I tried to fix this, via resetting the variables and settings multiple times, following the troubleshooting for pink groud and finally manually edititing values in variables.txt to check what was causing the problem, but I got a bit ... annoyed.
So here I am presenting my issue to you fine folks :D
2x2actionFOX
Profile Joined February 2012
France59 Posts
March 29 2015 11:17 GMT
#399
It's not related to HybridSettings but to preset. So go for medium preset and then apply HS. Add particlelod=1 for MSC warping animation.
Imalayan
Profile Joined March 2015
4 Posts
March 30 2015 01:59 GMT
#400
@2x2actionFOX
Thank you very much <3
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1849
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo540
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
Replay Cast
11h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.