• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:40
CEST 02:40
KST 09:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9253 users

Hybrid settings 2.0 - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Ulumulu
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany10 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-24 22:31:31
September 24 2014 22:30 GMT
#361

Did you delete your cache? According to Blizzard they created their own shaders for us which could be what is causing the problem: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12194759375?page=1#1


Yes, I deleted the cache. Tryed it 4 times step by step. Cannot get it to work again :/
I also tryed to delete the whole varibales.txt and used scan/repair...playing with invisble forcefields and stuff right now.. makes me sad.
WellCrap
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden122 Posts
September 26 2014 08:34 GMT
#362
Lowering the shaders seems to be the only solution for me. I've tried the lighting=0 thing, but no help
G9x-MiCo
2x2actionFOX
Profile Joined February 2012
France59 Posts
September 30 2014 12:12 GMT
#363
I see people saying they used the Scan and Repair Tool recently, but I can't figure out where to find it back since new Blizzard app Launcher, any one please ?

Also, which lines do I need to add in my variables.txt to add MSC production animation on Nexus from a Low (customized) settings please ?
MilExo
Profile Joined September 2011
South Africa139 Posts
September 30 2014 18:28 GMT
#364
On September 30 2014 21:12 2x2actionFOX wrote:
I see people saying they used the Scan and Repair Tool recently, but I can't figure out where to find it back since new Blizzard app Launcher, any one please ?


On the Battle.Net launcher, if you select StarCraft II on the left, you will notice there are a couple of buttons above the image on the right (Options, Redeem a Code, Launch Editor). Click on Options and then select "Scan and Repair" - it should be the second last option.
Goldbaersche
Profile Joined September 2014
Germany3 Posts
September 30 2014 19:17 GMT
#365
Everything works fine for me, I activated the settings after the new patch.
flyhi
Profile Joined September 2014
9 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-01 02:17:12
October 01 2014 02:16 GMT
#366
On October 01 2014 04:17 Goldbaersche wrote:
Everything works fine for me, I activated the settings after the new patch.


I want to try the new hybrid settings but reading about the side effects kind of scares me a little.

Did you just copy paste the variable code that was provided in the first post of this thread?

That's all you did right? Also along with the setting it to Low first before adding the codes?
Goldbaersche
Profile Joined September 2014
Germany3 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-01 03:27:23
October 01 2014 02:39 GMT
#367
I want to try the new hybrid settings but reading about the side effects kind of scares me a little.

Did you just copy paste the variable code that was provided in the first post of this thread?

That's all you did right? Also along with the setting it to Low first before adding the codes?


Yeah, but instead of low textures I chose the high setting, so my eyes aren't dying of cancer that fast
edit: and Anti-Aliasing is also activated through the .txt .
flyhi
Profile Joined September 2014
9 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-01 03:53:24
October 01 2014 03:35 GMT
#368
On October 01 2014 11:39 Goldbaersche wrote:
Show nested quote +
I want to try the new hybrid settings but reading about the side effects kind of scares me a little.

Did you just copy paste the variable code that was provided in the first post of this thread?

That's all you did right? Also along with the setting it to Low first before adding the codes?


Yeah, but instead of low textures I chose the high setting, so my eyes aren't dying of cancer that fast
edit: and Anti-Aliasing is also activated through the .txt .


Alright, thank you! I shall go try it, will come back and post an update if it works or not.

Yes I was thinking of setting it to ultra instead of low too.

EDIT** It works, at first I tried setting antialias to 1 and it didn't work, so I had to go for the troubleshooting steps that was provided in the OP, after setting antialias back to 0 and clearing out the cache, there seemed to be nothing wrong. Works great now. Love it!
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
October 08 2014 03:34 GMT
#369
Hey guys, I've been using this for a long time now, so I have to ask: Is anyone else getting huge blank pink blocks on The King Sejong Station, over the ponds near 12 oclock, and 6 oclock?
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
2x2actionFOX
Profile Joined February 2012
France59 Posts
October 08 2014 09:18 GMT
#370
On October 01 2014 03:28 MilExo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2014 21:12 2x2actionFOX wrote:
I see people saying they used the Scan and Repair Tool recently, but I can't figure out where to find it back since new Blizzard app Launcher, any one please ?


On the Battle.Net launcher, if you select StarCraft II on the left, you will notice there are a couple of buttons above the image on the right (Options, Redeem a Code, Launch Editor). Click on Options and then select "Scan and Repair" - it should be the second last option.



Thanks a lot, found it.

Anybody knows which command(s) line(s) to add to get the MSC producing animation please ?
partycat
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland16 Posts
October 14 2014 17:39 GMT
#371
Hello, I made a little autohotkey script which fixes the blob shadows.

+ Show Spoiler +
FileRead, Variables, %A_MyDocuments%\Starcraft II\Variables.txt

if not ErrorLevel {
FileDelete, %A_MyDocuments%\Starcraft II\Variables.txt
StringReplace, Variables, Variables, GraphicsOptionShadowQuality=1, GraphicsOptionShadowQuality=0
FileAppend, %Variables%, %A_MyDocuments%\Starcraft II\Variables.txt
}


You can make a batch file which runs this script and launches SC2 so you can be sure you have the shadows right.
Not a must, but I felt this is something I could share.

Cheers
2x2actionFOX
Profile Joined February 2012
France59 Posts
October 15 2014 07:43 GMT
#372
Thanks for sharing PartyCat !

Still waiting for the Messiah who will tell me how to get this MSC production animation...
2x2actionFOX
Profile Joined February 2012
France59 Posts
November 12 2014 09:15 GMT
#373
With medium preset :
Original Message From JaKaTaKSc2:
particlelod=1
GDI
Profile Joined July 2011
United States69 Posts
November 12 2014 16:34 GMT
#374
I'm using these settings but it's taking away one of the features in hots where creep can grow on enemy buildings. How can I fix that?
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
November 12 2014 17:23 GMT
#375
On November 13 2014 01:34 GDI wrote:
I'm using these settings but it's taking away one of the features in hots where creep can grow on enemy buildings. How can I fix that?

Thats the feature of High Terrain details
Goreanddin
Profile Joined July 2014
2 Posts
November 20 2014 20:30 GMT
#376
Whenever I switch accounts the shadowsgraphicsquality returns to 1 so I have to reset it and restart. Is there a fix to this? Also thanks for writing this up, it's amazing! :D
Goldbaersche
Profile Joined September 2014
Germany3 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-22 10:57:03
November 22 2014 10:56 GMT
#377
Does anybody know how to fix the awful lightning on Cloud Kingdom? It's really uncomfortable for my eyes.
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
December 06 2014 02:41 GMT
#378
Windows 8.1.
Is it possible to change other variables following Duke's guide as well as have Hybrid Settings 2.0 run at the same time?
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10195020800 <---Duke's guide
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
NorwegianRage
Profile Joined March 2010
United States71 Posts
December 07 2014 13:32 GMT
#379
On November 21 2014 05:30 Goreanddin wrote:
Whenever I switch accounts the shadowsgraphicsquality returns to 1 so I have to reset it and restart. Is there a fix to this? Also thanks for writing this up, it's amazing! :D


I have experienced this too, and at this time that makes hybrid settings impossible for me to use because I coach my friends on my own computer. I also have not successfully reverted back to hybrid settings after the pink/black glitches. I would very much enjoy a solution that would allow the shadowsgraphicsquality value to remain the same through account switches. I'll play around with it when I get off work and post a fix if I find one.
Mecto
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada41 Posts
December 12 2014 01:08 GMT
#380
any idea on how to fix the pink/purple/black glitch yet ?

i really loved my hybrid settings
Terran fighting
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings98
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 178
ProTech12
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 906
ZZZero.O 159
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift4604
Counter-Strike
minikerr19
Other Games
summit1g10559
JimRising 717
C9.Mang0315
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP123
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 21m
Replay Cast
22h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.