• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:02
CEST 08:02
KST 15:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9493 users

Hybrid settings 2.0 - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
February 11 2014 00:23 GMT
#121
On February 11 2014 08:39 kuruptt wrote:
You just have to install it properly to not get fps drops. I was getting like 120~ish fps at one point which is really low for my system. All you have to do is install it again. After I installed it again I get a constant 200+fps. Things really get buggy if you change ANY settings after applying the hybrid settings as pointed out in the first post, so make sure you don't need to change anything before applying or you will have to install it again.

Everything is working very good so far and I recommend everyone to use it.



Will try that later then.

~120fps is bad? How dare you, that's disgusting. If you play on extreme graphics what is the average FPS?
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
February 11 2014 01:11 GMT
#122
Lovely. The only thing I miss is the lighting on the ground around factories when they produce stuff. I guess that's part of some of the shadow/lighting settings overall?
hundred thousand krouner
Wyldmane
Profile Joined February 2014
Canada3 Posts
February 11 2014 01:32 GMT
#123
At first everything was pink but I deleted the Program Data files as mentioned in the OP and that fixed it nicely. Then I was kinda thinking its too bright but after a little getting used to I realized that this is fucking kick-ass. Everything is so damn crisp and clean looking I feel like it makes me play faster just by being able to easier sort through what I'm seeing. Thanks so much for this guys its pretty damn awesome!
"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest." -Kurt Vonnegut
scBaldwin
Profile Joined September 2012
United States111 Posts
February 11 2014 02:01 GMT
#124
Hey, so I've installed of this and first I'd like to say thanks, this is awesome, I definitely want to use this regularly

buuuuut, I'm having a bit of problem with Freezes / Stutters since I installed this. I'm still getting well over 200 FPS, it's just that now I'm having 3-4 "network lag spikes" per minute. I've looked at the OP but not sure where to find the hidden files he was referring to. Can anyone help me get rid of these screen stutters?
@BaldwintheBold
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 11 2014 03:11 GMT
#125
buuuuut, I'm having a bit of problem with Freezes / Stutters since I installed this. I'm still getting well over 200 FPS, it's just that now I'm having 3-4 "network lag spikes" per minute. I've looked at the OP but not sure where to find the hidden files he was referring to. Can anyone help me get rid of these screen stutters?

Have you done these steps?

Remove lighting=0 from your variables.txt
Clear cache from ProgramData / BlizzardEntertainment / StarCraft II (this folder might be hidden, google how to show hidden folders)
Turn everything in game settings to Low
Turn everything in game settings to Ultra (with relaunches)
Turn everything in game settings to Low again
Make "Scan and Repair" in Battle.Net launcher (under SC2 logo Options > Scan and Repair)
Copypast Hybrid options to the end of your variables.txt
Launch the Preloader map (you may find it in the Arcade)
DrPhilOfdOOm
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden353 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-11 05:54:26
February 11 2014 05:46 GMT
#126
I like most of this, but I have a LED screen and I think its all a bit too bright, what should I change in order to get the brightness back to normal? I like everything else so I dont wanna mess anything up
ubreakubuy
Profile Joined January 2010
United States100 Posts
February 11 2014 06:13 GMT
#127
Is there a way i can keep these settings but instead of blobs i have the actual shadows? I feel its helpful sometimes to see a flying unit's shadow that is barely out of my field of vision.
Ò_ó
Maasked
Profile Joined December 2011
United States567 Posts
February 11 2014 10:08 GMT
#128
On February 11 2014 15:13 ubreakubuy wrote:
Is there a way i can keep these settings but instead of blobs i have the actual shadows? I feel its helpful sometimes to see a flying unit's shadow that is barely out of my field of vision.

GraphicsOptionShadowQuality=0 Try changing that value from 0 to 1 or 2.

If not just wait for Existor to read thread
TwitchTV as Maaasked I stream hots (rarely)
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-11 12:32:17
February 11 2014 12:30 GMT
#129
On February 11 2014 15:13 ubreakubuy wrote:
Is there a way i can keep these settings but instead of blobs i have the actual shadows? I feel its helpful sometimes to see a flying unit's shadow that is barely out of my field of vision.

lighting=0 turns off any shadows. Hybrid settings 2.0 can't have shadows because of no lighting. Blob-shadows is different case

Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 19:08 Maasked wrote:
On February 11 2014 15:13 ubreakubuy wrote:
Is there a way i can keep these settings but instead of blobs i have the actual shadows? I feel its helpful sometimes to see a flying unit's shadow that is barely out of my field of vision.

GraphicsOptionShadowQuality=0 Try changing that value from 0 to 1 or 2.

If not just wait for Existor to read thread


lighting=0 turns ALL shadows, including ultra ones. That the universal parameter that turns off shiny/glossy effect, but also turns off all the shadows, except blob ones.

So if you want to have Ultra settings without shiny graphic - just add lighting=0, but it will also remove shadows.
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
February 11 2014 13:05 GMT
#130
OK I got it working 100% right, and I'm loving it so thanks!
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 11 2014 13:28 GMT
#131
On February 11 2014 22:05 DooMDash wrote:
OK I got it working 100% right, and I'm loving it so thanks!

Did you had problems before? What you did to solve them?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 11 2014 15:18 GMT
#132
On February 11 2014 15:13 ubreakubuy wrote:
Is there a way i can keep these settings but instead of blobs i have the actual shadows? I feel its helpful sometimes to see a flying unit's shadow that is barely out of my field of vision.


Not the case, the shadow only appears when you have vision of the unit itself.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
February 11 2014 16:39 GMT
#133
It might be worth mentioning that using "bitdepth=16" will not allow you to stream SC2 efficiently eg with OBS game capture, since the GPU textures will be in the wrong format. Most modern video cards should generally perform better with 32 bit color anyway.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 11 2014 16:41 GMT
#134
On February 12 2014 01:39 R1CH wrote:
It might be worth mentioning that using "bitdepth=16" will not allow you to stream SC2 efficiently eg with OBS game capture, since the GPU textures will be in the wrong format. Most modern video cards should generally perform better with 32 bit color anyway.

Thank you for the information. Adding it to the op.

Also it seems like blob-shadows dissapearing still. TLO and unleashed_eu are playing without blob-shadows -_- They both are Hybrid-testers.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 11 2014 17:07 GMT
#135
@existor
probably changed a setting after copy-pasta...
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 11 2014 17:10 GMT
#136
On February 12 2014 02:07 JaKaTaK wrote:
@existor
probably changed a setting after copy-pasta...

Pressing OK in the options also resets Hybrid settings, turning off blob-shadows.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 11 2014 17:16 GMT
#137
wow.... why blizzard?!?!?!
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
luckybamboo
Profile Joined June 2011
9 Posts
February 11 2014 19:07 GMT
#138
I have been running sc2 on linux fine for about a year now. I wanted to try the hybrid settings, but after applying them I get a red screen right after starting the game. Anyone have an idea which command might be causing that? I've tried emptying the cache fwiw...
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 11 2014 19:11 GMT
#139
On February 12 2014 04:07 luckybamboo wrote:
I have been running sc2 on linux fine for about a year now. I wanted to try the hybrid settings, but after applying them I get a red screen right after starting the game. Anyone have an idea which command might be causing that? I've tried emptying the cache fwiw...

Try to do the steps from the end of 1st post.
luckybamboo
Profile Joined June 2011
9 Posts
February 11 2014 22:12 GMT
#140
I managed to get in the game now, after following those steps. However it looks like this now: ;;

http://i.imgur.com/eQw76zC.jpg
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1197
910 107
Snow 94
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 47
Bale 33
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto274
League of Legends
JimRising 607
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King158
Other Games
summit1g7263
Coldzera 716
WinterStarcraft434
C9.Mang0295
PiGStarcraft153
NeuroSwarm120
ViBE20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2235
League of Legends
• Rush1128
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 58m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 58m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 58m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.