• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:00
CEST 18:00
KST 01:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7978 users

Hybrid settings 2.0 - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 22 Next All
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 12 2014 15:03 GMT
#161
I am, however, experiancing a problem with these settings. I click on matchmaking and it just sits there with the circle like its trying to load it.

It's the Battle.Net problem.

Used some selfmade Hybrids, but these are ridiculously good!
Will use 'em from now on (Terran EU).
Thank you

Thank you for comment too Also Happy Birthday!
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-12 22:08:27
February 12 2014 21:49 GMT
#162
Seeing more and more Hybrid-users streaming without blob-shadows, I did bigger and more noticeable message about this issue

[image loading]
velvex
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany226 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-13 12:59:45
February 13 2014 12:59 GMT
#163
Before everyone now re-edits the variables file after changing the sound volume by 1%: Modifying non-graphics settings in the game seems to be fine, it hasn't been a problem for me at least. Luckily so since I'd probably have to go back to regular settings because I actually change the volume quite often.

Great work, by the way! These settings are indeed much better than the regular low settings, especially with a not very bright monitor like mine in a sunlit room.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-13 13:11:13
February 13 2014 13:10 GMT
#164
Before everyone now re-edits the variables file after changing the sound volume by 1%: Modifying non-graphics settings in the game seems to be fine, it hasn't been a problem for me at least. Luckily so since I'd probably have to go back to regular settings because I actually change the volume quite often.

The thing is about pressing OK button. When you pressing OK button, it may reset some parameters to their default status.

Medium shaders with low blob-shadows isn't the official case. This can be reached only through manual variable editing. And because you pressing OK in game settings, the game defaultizes all the non-standard parameter combinations, eg Med-shaders + Low-shadows.

And that will happen with sound / gameplay / control options too, because they all are in the same variables file.
Jonas :)
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States511 Posts
February 13 2014 22:09 GMT
#165
What does this "clearing Cache" step entail? I'm in my "ProgramData/Blizzard Entertainment/Starcraft II" folder, and there are two sub-folders in this folder, called "Maps" and "Version." Do I delete both of these folders (and all of their contents)? Do I delete just one of them?

I am getting big pink chunks of terrain on some maps using the hybrid settings, and don't want to delete any important files to make these pink chunks go away.

Any help would be appreciated.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 13 2014 22:40 GMT
#166
Do I delete both of these folders (and all of their contents)? Do I delete just one of them?

Of course Versions folder. Maps are not related with graphic stuff, I think. But if it will not help, then delete Maps folder too. Or just backup both folders.
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 01:22:55
February 14 2014 01:09 GMT
#167
This has glitched my SC. I did get a backup of the variables document. Changed the settings to this Hybrid setting, but it makes my game really laggy. So I have tried changing it back and it doesn't want to change back. Help?

Edit: I've tried running unit preloader before playing it makes the average fps go up by ~5. Not much help

Before these hybrid settings: average fps ~20
With these settings + unit preloader : avergae fps ~14
Just with these settings: Average fps ~10
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
Snusmumriken
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden1717 Posts
February 14 2014 01:19 GMT
#168
really likes these. Cheers
Amove for Aiur
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 04:36:08
February 14 2014 04:35 GMT
#169
So I have tried changing it back and it doesn't want to change back.

Remove next line:

lighting=0

then modify your settings in game options

This has glitched my SC. I did get a backup of the variables document. Changed the settings to this Hybrid setting, but it makes my game really laggy. So I have tried changing it back and it doesn't want to change back. Help?

Edit: I've tried running unit preloader before playing it makes the average fps go up by ~5. Not much help

Before these hybrid settings: average fps ~20
With these settings + unit preloader : avergae fps ~14
Just with these settings: Average fps ~10

If your PC can't handle normally medium settings, then I can't help much. Try also latest non-beta drivers and clearing cache.
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 11:51:17
February 14 2014 11:50 GMT
#170
On February 14 2014 13:35 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
So I have tried changing it back and it doesn't want to change back.

Remove next line:

lighting=0

then modify your settings in game options

Show nested quote +
This has glitched my SC. I did get a backup of the variables document. Changed the settings to this Hybrid setting, but it makes my game really laggy. So I have tried changing it back and it doesn't want to change back. Help?

Edit: I've tried running unit preloader before playing it makes the average fps go up by ~5. Not much help

Before these hybrid settings: average fps ~20
With these settings + unit preloader : avergae fps ~14
Just with these settings: Average fps ~10

If your PC can't handle normally medium settings, then I can't help much. Try also latest non-beta drivers and clearing cache.


So I just go and remove the
Lighting=0
Line in the variables document and it should be ok?
then change ingame settings?
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 14 2014 14:10 GMT
#171

So I just go and remove the
Lighting=0
Line in the variables document and it should be ok?
then change ingame settings?

Hybrid settings without lighting=0 are same as lowered Medium settings (i.e. medium shaders (shadows and shiny effect), and everything is lowered as much as possible)
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
February 14 2014 14:31 GMT
#172
On February 14 2014 23:10 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +

So I just go and remove the
Lighting=0
Line in the variables document and it should be ok?
then change ingame settings?

Hybrid settings without lighting=0 are same as lowered Medium settings (i.e. medium shaders (shadows and shiny effect), and everything is lowered as much as possible)


But if I would qant to completely remove the hybrid settings and put back my game to default everything on low. I wpuld have to reinstall the game?

Since even with my backup variables file it did not change back?
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 14 2014 14:35 GMT
#173
But if I would qant to completely remove the hybrid settings and put back my game to default everything on low. I wpuld have to reinstall the game?

Since even with my backup variables file it did not change back?

Oh, of course you not need to reinstall game. Those are just settings. Remove lighting=0 and everything becomes like a tuned down standard Medium. Then you can continue change game settings as you want.

If your backup variables don't work, then reset game settings through Battle.Net launcher. I hope you know how to do it (Hint: in game options in Battle.Net client).
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
February 14 2014 15:05 GMT
#174
On February 14 2014 23:35 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
But if I would qant to completely remove the hybrid settings and put back my game to default everything on low. I wpuld have to reinstall the game?

Since even with my backup variables file it did not change back?

Oh, of course you not need to reinstall game. Those are just settings. Remove lighting=0 and everything becomes like a tuned down standard Medium. Then you can continue change game settings as you want.

If your backup variables don't work, then reset game settings through Battle.Net launcher. I hope you know how to do it (Hint: in game options in Battle.Net client).


Ok so I shall try this tonight, hopefully it will work and it will have a degree of shitty FPS that I am used to.
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 14 2014 16:56 GMT
#175
On February 15 2014 00:05 [MD]Frostbite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2014 23:35 Existor wrote:
But if I would qant to completely remove the hybrid settings and put back my game to default everything on low. I wpuld have to reinstall the game?

Since even with my backup variables file it did not change back?

Oh, of course you not need to reinstall game. Those are just settings. Remove lighting=0 and everything becomes like a tuned down standard Medium. Then you can continue change game settings as you want.

If your backup variables don't work, then reset game settings through Battle.Net launcher. I hope you know how to do it (Hint: in game options in Battle.Net client).


Ok so I shall try this tonight, hopefully it will work and it will have a degree of shitty FPS that I am used to.

Okay, but you should understand that problem is probably on your side. There are already positive comments about normally working hybrid settings
KillzAlot
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada5 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-14 17:14:09
February 14 2014 17:11 GMT
#176
Here is a quick fix for not being able to change sound setting etc. After appending the copied variables into variables.txt, right click on it and make it read only. Now hybrid 2.0 wont be reset and you can change other options such as texture and sound at your leisure. However you will need to change said option each time you load as it will not save permanently.
Watch the reply..
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
February 14 2014 17:55 GMT
#177
On February 15 2014 02:11 KillzAlot wrote:
Here is a quick fix for not being able to change sound setting etc. After appending the copied variables into variables.txt, right click on it and make it read only. Now hybrid 2.0 wont be reset and you can change other options such as texture and sound at your leisure. However you will need to change said option each time you load as it will not save permanently.

Good idea, but isn't it easier to just configure your settings and then install hybrid settings?
[MD]Frostbite
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Canada292 Posts
February 14 2014 21:43 GMT
#178
On February 15 2014 01:56 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 00:05 [MD]Frostbite wrote:
On February 14 2014 23:35 Existor wrote:
But if I would qant to completely remove the hybrid settings and put back my game to default everything on low. I wpuld have to reinstall the game?

Since even with my backup variables file it did not change back?

Oh, of course you not need to reinstall game. Those are just settings. Remove lighting=0 and everything becomes like a tuned down standard Medium. Then you can continue change game settings as you want.

If your backup variables don't work, then reset game settings through Battle.Net launcher. I hope you know how to do it (Hint: in game options in Battle.Net client).


Ok so I shall try this tonight, hopefully it will work and it will have a degree of shitty FPS that I am used to.

Okay, but you should understand that problem is probably on your side. There are already positive comments about normally working hybrid settings


Oh I totally agree. My Pc is thrash and I will not deny it, the graphics for these settings look great but my computer just can't handle it. Thanks for the help, Soon(tm) I will get a better one and then I can use these settings for real d^_^b
White-Ra, the godfather Protoss
KillzAlot
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada5 Posts
February 14 2014 22:57 GMT
#179
On February 15 2014 02:55 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2014 02:11 KillzAlot wrote:
Here is a quick fix for not being able to change sound setting etc. After appending the copied variables into variables.txt, right click on it and make it read only. Now hybrid 2.0 wont be reset and you can change other options such as texture and sound at your leisure. However you will need to change said option each time you load as it will not save permanently.

Good idea, but isn't it easier to just configure your settings and then install hybrid settings?


I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Use the regular install instructions. Lets say sometimes you use you're speaks rather than a head set. This will allow you to change said setting w/o having to re install hybrid 2.0 after.
Watch the reply..
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-15 17:30:18
February 14 2014 23:17 GMT
#180
Many settings get changed based on what is happening. I play campaign with voices, but multi-player without voices.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TaKeTV 67
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 12
RotterdaM 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4368
Shuttle 1199
Bisu 1136
Stork 541
BeSt 402
EffOrt 363
Mini 354
actioN 285
Rush 265
Horang2 257
[ Show more ]
hero 134
Mind 131
Light 113
910 88
Yoon 88
Zeus 74
Mong 73
Snow 58
Shinee 54
sorry 53
Sea.KH 48
Barracks 45
JYJ 37
Bale 25
Killer 24
Sexy 24
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 23
HiyA 21
yabsab 15
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5592
qojqva2822
Dendi1317
Counter-Strike
fl0m3661
Fnx 710
Other Games
singsing2608
TKL 1018
hiko945
ceh9383
Livibee340
XBOCT289
Hui .219
Beastyqt215
Liquid`VortiX193
XaKoH 151
Trikslyr30
Chillindude15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• iopq 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2790
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
7h
Afreeca Starleague
18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.