• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:30
CEST 19:30
KST 02:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10236 users

Starbow - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 346 Next
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 12 2014 19:11 GMT
#161
On January 13 2014 04:09 Xapti wrote:
WTF is the point of having both dragoons and stalkers?

Sure they're not identical units but they're so damn similar. It would be like including both SC1 hydras AND SC2 hydras; actually that's not even a good example because the difference there is at least twice as much as the difference between dragoons and stalkers (significant cost difference, significant damage effectiveness difference, significant tech level difference). It makes far more sense to add both SC1 hydras and SC2 hydras than stalkers with dragoons —not that it's necessarily a good idea either.


But they aren't similar. I take it you've not tried them.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 19:12 GMT
#162
On January 13 2014 03:53 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 03:49 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:41 Hider wrote:
marine stim boost in bw was 66% (for attack speed) not 100%


Not according to Starcraft Wikia. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Stimpack

It doubles the rate of fire. In Sc2 and SBOW it only increases DPS by 50%.



the wiki is wrong.
The game files say 100%, but the actual in game effect is 66%, due to engine reasons.
I exhaustively tested a lot of mechanics back in bw, and there's a number of oddities like this.

Just like some other units don't attack at their listed cooldown due to engine reasons in bw.


Honestly you could just as well be wrong unless you provide some source or proof besides "I tested it"


the proof has been posted previously on bnet, and the methodology. I posted it when I did the tests some decade ago.
I don't randomly post things without verifying them. And I dont' like having to repeat my entire methodology for known issues a decade old.
Unless you've done some extensive testing yourself, rather than just looking up a wiki that copied from gamefiles without verifying that things actually worked that way, you aren't adding much.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Doominator10
Profile Joined August 2012
United States515 Posts
January 12 2014 19:15 GMT
#163
On January 13 2014 04:09 Xapti wrote:
WTF is the point of having both dragoons and stalkers?

Sure they're not identical units but they're so damn similar. It would be like including both SC1 hydras AND SC2 hydras; actually that's not even a good example because the difference there is at least twice as much as the difference between dragoons and stalkers (significant cost difference, significant damage effectiveness difference, significant tech level difference, and significant health/power difference although that's typically related to cost). It makes far more sense to add both SC1 hydras and SC2 hydras than stalkers with dragoons —not that it's necessarily a good idea either.


This question has been asked and debated for months on the StarBow thread itself, the current iteration is the product of a lot of discussion and testing and is still in development (with a general consensus that people like the way the stalker feels atm)
Your DOOM has arrived,,,, and is handing out cookies
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
January 12 2014 19:17 GMT
#164
Without a stand alone version or any help from blizzard I don't think this game will get the exposure it deserves no matter how great it is.
rly ?
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 12 2014 19:19 GMT
#165
On January 13 2014 04:12 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 03:53 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:49 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:41 Hider wrote:
marine stim boost in bw was 66% (for attack speed) not 100%


Not according to Starcraft Wikia. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Stimpack

It doubles the rate of fire. In Sc2 and SBOW it only increases DPS by 50%.



the wiki is wrong.
The game files say 100%, but the actual in game effect is 66%, due to engine reasons.
I exhaustively tested a lot of mechanics back in bw, and there's a number of oddities like this.

Just like some other units don't attack at their listed cooldown due to engine reasons in bw.


Honestly you could just as well be wrong unless you provide some source or proof besides "I tested it"


the proof has been posted previously on bnet, and the methodology. I posted it when I did the tests some decade ago.
I don't randomly post things without verifying them. And I dont' like having to repeat my entire methodology for known issues a decade old.
Unless you've done some extensive testing yourself, rather than just looking up a wiki that copied from gamefiles without verifying that things actually worked that way, you aren't adding much.


I believe the standard is that if you are to make a claim, you back it up. I tend to trust Liquipedia more than users whose work I'm not familiar with, and since no one has changed the Stim pack entry on Liquipedia after all this time, I would feel more inclined to believe that than you. I don't actually remember what the case was with stim in BW - it's been somewhere around 4 years since I last watched more than a game a month. You may very well be right, but if you've already posted your findings once, digging them up and posting them again to verify shouldn't take long.

Besides, anyone can say "I don't make unverified claims", it doesn't necessarily make it true.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 12 2014 19:20 GMT
#166
Husky casting Starbow!

aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
propet
Profile Joined October 2012
Spain8 Posts
January 12 2014 19:24 GMT
#167
Nice to see more support to this awesome mod
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 19:30:51
January 12 2014 19:24 GMT
#168
On January 13 2014 04:19 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 04:12 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:53 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:49 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:41 Hider wrote:
marine stim boost in bw was 66% (for attack speed) not 100%


Not according to Starcraft Wikia. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Stimpack

It doubles the rate of fire. In Sc2 and SBOW it only increases DPS by 50%.



the wiki is wrong.
The game files say 100%, but the actual in game effect is 66%, due to engine reasons.
I exhaustively tested a lot of mechanics back in bw, and there's a number of oddities like this.

Just like some other units don't attack at their listed cooldown due to engine reasons in bw.


Honestly you could just as well be wrong unless you provide some source or proof besides "I tested it"


the proof has been posted previously on bnet, and the methodology. I posted it when I did the tests some decade ago.
I don't randomly post things without verifying them. And I dont' like having to repeat my entire methodology for known issues a decade old.
Unless you've done some extensive testing yourself, rather than just looking up a wiki that copied from gamefiles without verifying that things actually worked that way, you aren't adding much.


I believe the standard is that if you are to make a claim, you back it up. I tend to trust Liquipedia more than users whose work I'm not familiar with, and since no one has changed the Stim pack entry on Liquipedia after all this time, I would feel more inclined to believe that than you. I don't actually remember what the case was with stim in BW - it's been somewhere around 4 years since I last watched more than a game a month. You may very well be right, but if you've already posted your findings once, digging them up and posting them again to verify shouldn't take long.

Besides, anyone can say "I don't make unverified claims", it doesn't necessarily make it true.


It already was backed up and verified, and proven on bnet already. Fine, I'll go look it up;
but you trying to spread misinformation doesn't help things. It only makes fewer people know the truth.

why not try testing it yourself to do something useful instead of gainsaying sound research?

edit: it looks like blizzard deleted the old forum, so stuff from before 2008 is all gone.

note: if I sound angry at you it's because I am, and you're wasting my time by going against something that was proven and known to the community for a long time.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 12 2014 19:30 GMT
#169
On January 13 2014 04:24 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 04:19 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 04:12 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:53 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:49 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:41 Hider wrote:
marine stim boost in bw was 66% (for attack speed) not 100%


Not according to Starcraft Wikia. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Stimpack

It doubles the rate of fire. In Sc2 and SBOW it only increases DPS by 50%.



the wiki is wrong.
The game files say 100%, but the actual in game effect is 66%, due to engine reasons.
I exhaustively tested a lot of mechanics back in bw, and there's a number of oddities like this.

Just like some other units don't attack at their listed cooldown due to engine reasons in bw.


Honestly you could just as well be wrong unless you provide some source or proof besides "I tested it"


the proof has been posted previously on bnet, and the methodology. I posted it when I did the tests some decade ago.
I don't randomly post things without verifying them. And I dont' like having to repeat my entire methodology for known issues a decade old.
Unless you've done some extensive testing yourself, rather than just looking up a wiki that copied from gamefiles without verifying that things actually worked that way, you aren't adding much.


I believe the standard is that if you are to make a claim, you back it up. I tend to trust Liquipedia more than users whose work I'm not familiar with, and since no one has changed the Stim pack entry on Liquipedia after all this time, I would feel more inclined to believe that than you. I don't actually remember what the case was with stim in BW - it's been somewhere around 4 years since I last watched more than a game a month. You may very well be right, but if you've already posted your findings once, digging them up and posting them again to verify shouldn't take long.

Besides, anyone can say "I don't make unverified claims", it doesn't necessarily make it true.


It already was backed up and verified, and proven on bnet already. Fine, I'll go look it up;
but you trying to spread misinformation doesn't help things. It only makes fewer people know the truth.

why not try testing it yourself to do something useful instead of gainsaying sound research?

He's not saying you're wrong, he's saying you're not providing the sound research you claim to be available.

Lets say you didn't know everything you know now, and I say stim in bw was actually 78%, and then followed up by saying it's been proven years ago, I only post what I know to be factual, this is 100% sound research etc etc.. if you were smart, you would question my claim. That's what Zealously is doing, saying you have proven search doesn't mean there is proven research, he's just asking to see it.
Refer to my post.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 12 2014 19:31 GMT
#170
On January 13 2014 04:24 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 04:19 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 04:12 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:53 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:49 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:41 Hider wrote:
marine stim boost in bw was 66% (for attack speed) not 100%


Not according to Starcraft Wikia. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Stimpack

It doubles the rate of fire. In Sc2 and SBOW it only increases DPS by 50%.



the wiki is wrong.
The game files say 100%, but the actual in game effect is 66%, due to engine reasons.
I exhaustively tested a lot of mechanics back in bw, and there's a number of oddities like this.

Just like some other units don't attack at their listed cooldown due to engine reasons in bw.


Honestly you could just as well be wrong unless you provide some source or proof besides "I tested it"


the proof has been posted previously on bnet, and the methodology. I posted it when I did the tests some decade ago.
I don't randomly post things without verifying them. And I dont' like having to repeat my entire methodology for known issues a decade old.
Unless you've done some extensive testing yourself, rather than just looking up a wiki that copied from gamefiles without verifying that things actually worked that way, you aren't adding much.


I believe the standard is that if you are to make a claim, you back it up. I tend to trust Liquipedia more than users whose work I'm not familiar with, and since no one has changed the Stim pack entry on Liquipedia after all this time, I would feel more inclined to believe that than you. I don't actually remember what the case was with stim in BW - it's been somewhere around 4 years since I last watched more than a game a month. You may very well be right, but if you've already posted your findings once, digging them up and posting them again to verify shouldn't take long.

Besides, anyone can say "I don't make unverified claims", it doesn't necessarily make it true.


It already was backed up and verified, and proven on bnet already. Fine, I'll go look it up;
but you trying to spread misinformation doesn't help things. It only makes fewer people know the truth.

why not try testing it yourself to do something useful instead of gainsaying sound research?

In general people trust Liquipedia over a forum poster that is claiming to have "tested it". If you have new information, please show us and someone will update Liquipedia. Its like math, he is just asking you to show your work.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 19:36:32
January 12 2014 19:35 GMT
#171
Because I dont' like having to reprove something everytime someone who doesn't know jack about how the game works and hasn't done any testing of their own says stuff. I'm trying to educate the community. He's not providing useful gainsaying or any evidence that contradicts my own, I already explained why it's because actual engine results do not match what the game files show. So the burden of proof is on him now.

Go ahead do the tests yourself, set up units attacking command centers with near simultaneous start times; make sure to stop before they get into the red and start burn damage. Do multiple rounds of test, use medics to heal, stim liberally so you're sure it's always in effect. Also do tests to verify that using the stim button a lot doesn't effect the fire rate as a potential confounding factor.

It's annoying to me when people don't listen to me, and given that this was proven long ago (and it was), it's annoying that people don't know about and still make trouble.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 12 2014 19:35 GMT
#172
On January 13 2014 04:24 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 04:19 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 04:12 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:53 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:49 zlefin wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:41 Hider wrote:
marine stim boost in bw was 66% (for attack speed) not 100%


Not according to Starcraft Wikia. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Stimpack

It doubles the rate of fire. In Sc2 and SBOW it only increases DPS by 50%.



the wiki is wrong.
The game files say 100%, but the actual in game effect is 66%, due to engine reasons.
I exhaustively tested a lot of mechanics back in bw, and there's a number of oddities like this.

Just like some other units don't attack at their listed cooldown due to engine reasons in bw.


Honestly you could just as well be wrong unless you provide some source or proof besides "I tested it"


the proof has been posted previously on bnet, and the methodology. I posted it when I did the tests some decade ago.
I don't randomly post things without verifying them. And I dont' like having to repeat my entire methodology for known issues a decade old.
Unless you've done some extensive testing yourself, rather than just looking up a wiki that copied from gamefiles without verifying that things actually worked that way, you aren't adding much.


I believe the standard is that if you are to make a claim, you back it up. I tend to trust Liquipedia more than users whose work I'm not familiar with, and since no one has changed the Stim pack entry on Liquipedia after all this time, I would feel more inclined to believe that than you. I don't actually remember what the case was with stim in BW - it's been somewhere around 4 years since I last watched more than a game a month. You may very well be right, but if you've already posted your findings once, digging them up and posting them again to verify shouldn't take long.

Besides, anyone can say "I don't make unverified claims", it doesn't necessarily make it true.


It already was backed up and verified, and proven on bnet already. Fine, I'll go look it up;
but you trying to spread misinformation doesn't help things. It only makes fewer people know the truth.

why not try testing it yourself to do something useful instead of gainsaying sound research?

edit: it looks like blizzard deleted the old forum, so stuff from before 2008 is all gone.

note: if I sound angry at you it's because I am, and you're wasting my time by going against something that was proven and known to the community for a long time.


I'm not spreading misinformation, I'm calling you out for making (to me) unverified statements that goes against a source I find more trustworthy. It's standard procedure.
AdministratorBreak the chains
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 19:37 GMT
#173
The source you're citing is only ripping evidence from the game files, not from actual testing.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 12 2014 19:38 GMT
#174
Lol, this is too funny
Refer to my post.
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 19:40:19
January 12 2014 19:39 GMT
#175
On January 13 2014 04:01 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 03:55 Zealously wrote:
On January 13 2014 03:52 shivver wrote:
I wish blizzard would just sell you the rights to sc2 so all these glitches and bs could be patched out within a week..

Currently I can't get a game because of multiple stupid errors on EU


I think Starbow is a great testiment to the love people have for Starcraft as a whole, but people really need to stop thinking a few enthusiastic community members (with expertise or otherwise) could "patch out all glitches and bs within a week". It's delusional to think that "fixing" the issues you see in Starcraft II would take less than a week or that new issues wouldn't arise if one didn't extensively test everything first.


Well to be honest Starbow is an entirely different game. These people couldn't "patch out the issues SC2 has within a week", SC2s issues are rooted deep. The reason Starbow dodges some of them is because it started being developed 2 years ago without the kind of units that SC2 has. The sentry isn't in it, my understanding was it was never in it. Not only is Toss not reliant on it (which also leads to them not needing the MSC, which is also not there), but the Gateway units are strong enough (along with chrono-boosted cannons) that the way Protoss plays early game in SC2 and all the inherent issues with that don't exist.

The Colossus isn't in it and it doesn't need to be in it. Those massive bioballs the Colossus is designed to exterminate aren't there. Units don't clump anywhere near as much so the Colossus gets neutered anyway. I haven't seen enough of Starbow PvZ to say what role a Colossus would have there but it seems to me that Toss can manage just fine without it since they've been given other tools to fill the role anyway.

There's no easy fix to some of the issues SC2 has and if it will come it will come with a complete overhaul in LOTV, which I hope for dearly.

Completely agree about fixing Starcraft 2's core issues, that would be an enormous undertaking, something not very realistic for group of volunteer modders. I think starting over fresh, kind of what's been done in Starbow, is a better idea.

Question though: If LotV ships and the desired overhaul isn't there, if we are still seeing boring 3 base turtles, force fields on the ramp, 2 hour swarm host games etc, would it not be a better alternative to push Starbow as the main competitive platform of the game? What kind of conflicts and problems could you see arising if Starbow were to gain a massive boost in popularity and started to become a serious rival to SC2?
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 19:41:24
January 12 2014 19:40 GMT
#176
On January 13 2014 04:37 zlefin wrote:
The source you're citing is only ripping evidence from the game files, not from actual testing.


And the source you're citing is yourself, ripping evidence from... Your own statements. Look, I don't remember the attack speed bonus from BW stim pack, it may very well be 66%, but you don't magically prove it by repeatedly claiming that it's true. Liquipedia's source is Blizzard's own numbers, which unfortunately seem more reliable to me than the word of a person I do not know claiming he "extensively tested" something but has no further proof besides this claim.

But I'm sorry, this is off-topic. I'll stop now.
AdministratorBreak the chains
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 19:44:54
January 12 2014 19:43 GMT
#177
I've provided my methodology, either do the tests yourself to contradict mine or stop. You have your POV fine; but understand how frustrating it is to prove these things, have them verified, then a bunch of people awhile later don't know about it and complain and refuse to do any testing themselves, but merely cite a source that obviously didn't do any testing of its own and only copied data from game files, or provide methodological arguments.

Fine I'll just edit liquipedia directly, then maybe I can talk with someone who's willing to do actual testing to verify things.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 19:48:12
January 12 2014 19:46 GMT
#178
On January 13 2014 04:43 zlefin wrote:
I've provided my methodology


You have?

Does anyone else want to weigh in? What was the attack speed boost in BW? 50%, 66% or 100%?
AdministratorBreak the chains
superpanda27
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
111 Posts
January 12 2014 19:56 GMT
#179
On January 13 2014 04:35 zlefin wrote:
Because I dont' like having to reprove something everytime someone who doesn't know jack about how the game works and hasn't done any testing of their own says stuff. I'm trying to educate the community. He's not providing useful gainsaying or any evidence that contradicts my own, I already explained why it's because actual engine results do not match what the game files show. So the burden of proof is on him now.

Go ahead do the tests yourself, set up units attacking command centers with near simultaneous start times; make sure to stop before they get into the red and start burn damage. Do multiple rounds of test, use medics to heal, stim liberally so you're sure it's always in effect. Also do tests to verify that using the stim button a lot doesn't effect the fire rate as a potential confounding factor.

It's annoying to me when people don't listen to me, and given that this was proven long ago (and it was), it's annoying that people don't know about and still make trouble.


The burden of proof is on you, because others have cited Liquipedia and most people trust liquipedia than an anonymous person. As others have said, you are only citing yourself and your research. People are not saying you are "wrong" they want you to prove your findings by posting your whole research. It is not unreasonable for people here to be a little skeptical of what you are saying. Find someone else who can verify your claims. If it was known to the community and proven to the community then why is liquipedia still wrong? At this point in time liquipedia is a more trustworthy source than you are yourself.

The best way would be to prove through video evidence, but that is a lot to ask for unless you are truly adamant that you are correct.
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:02:09
January 12 2014 19:57 GMT
#180
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 701
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC548
Rex104
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 548
UpATreeSC 104
Rex 104
CosmosSc2 61
BRAT_OK 53
Codebar 13
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
Shine 19
Terrorterran 16
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1260
Dendi798
Counter-Strike
Fnx 727
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3509
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1798
Liquid`Hasu485
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1638
byalli475
B2W.Neo473
ceh9380
KnowMe117
QueenE83
Trikslyr40
Railgan23
Chillindude23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3488
League of Legends
• TFBlade1031
Other Games
• imaqtpie776
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 30m
OSC
19h 30m
Stellar Fest
19h 30m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.