• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:52
CEST 22:52
KST 05:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8089 users

Starbow - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 346 Next
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:01:38
January 12 2014 19:59 GMT
#181
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.


edit: looks like liquipedia also doesn't have the more complete details on how dark swarm works and how it interacts with burrow; or on the other units that are affected by engine preventing them from using their full cooldown.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:00:41
January 12 2014 20:00 GMT
#182
On January 13 2014 04:46 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 04:43 zlefin wrote:
I've provided my methodology


You have?

Does anyone else want to weigh in? What was the attack speed boost in BW? 50%, 66% or 100%?

Zealously, I've been a long time expert in this field of study, I'm glad you asked. The speed boost was 82%, you'll have to trust me on this, because I've done extensive testing on the matter, and if you don't believe me I'll just restate my expertise relentlessly unless hopefully you believe me. If it doesn't work, i'll lash out. I only post things I am 100% confident about. My word is the only evidence I'll provide, and if that's not good enough then I'm sorry I wasted my time doing my research so many years ago.

Hope the clears things up for everybody, I'm glad I can put this to rest.
Refer to my post.
Nerevar
Profile Joined January 2013
547 Posts
January 12 2014 20:02 GMT
#183
On January 13 2014 04:17 algue wrote:
Without a stand alone version or any help from blizzard I don't think this game will get the exposure it deserves no matter how great it is.

Although I'm surprised at how much momentum it has gotten these past few days on Reddit and TL, especially with the help of TB and the Axiom-Acer crew. Keeping up this momentum will help this mod go further than previous ones, and the f2p arcade in patch 2.1 will hopefully help even more.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 12 2014 20:03 GMT
#184
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.


I actually tested all of this myself and the attack speed boost was 42.0%. I even posted on a few forums but they were all taken down, but I'm definitely right.

When it's just word against word (and nothing more - citing posts on a deleted forum does not prove anything), people will believe in Liquipedia and Blizzard (you know, the guys who made the game) rather than a forum poster who is mostly unknown and cannot actually provide any hard evidence. If you have conducted extensive testing, you should still have access to your research or at least be able to provide a short explanation (but longer than "engine reasons" which doesn't explain anything). I'm not actually claiming that you are incorrect, but you're not proving anything by repeatedly saying that you are and citing research no one can find.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Deleted User 97295
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1137 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:04:37
January 12 2014 20:04 GMT
#185
--- Nuked ---
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:05:06
January 12 2014 20:04 GMT
#186
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.

No, that's not how it works, you're making a claim that's not backed-up anywhere, the burden of proof is on YOU. If you want us to believe you, you have to show us work. If this is a recurring problem in your life, I see certainly see why. I can see why it would be frustrating to you - if you actually did do these tests, you know in your heart it's true. But from an outsider's perspective, we can't just believe everybody that claims the things you say. There are a lot of liars out there. Anyways, I'm not going to test it, I don't actually care at all, and you're seemingly not going to, so I guess that's that.

Anyways, I won't be revisiting the thread
Refer to my post.
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
January 12 2014 20:08 GMT
#187
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=318019

Some guy tested and got a 72% DPS increase, so I guess you're both wrong?
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 20:11 GMT
#188
Zealously, you are not wiling to do any of the tests yourself, so stop talking, all you're doing is proving your own poor manners, and inability to conduct actual science.
I'll take the argument up on liquipedia, maybe there people will be actually courteous.

Zenbrez, good, you haven't contributed anything useful to the discussion other than to make someone with problems get angry.



User was temp banned for this post.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
January 12 2014 20:15 GMT
#189
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.


edit: looks like liquipedia also doesn't have the more complete details on how dark swarm works and how it interacts with burrow; or on the other units that are affected by engine preventing them from using their full cooldown.

Look at it from Zealously's perspective -- or an impartial observer like me, for that matter. Liquipedia / Blizzard says 100%. Random stranger comes in stating it is in fact 66%, he tested it. People ask for proof. Stranger says everything has been deleted. People are not convinced by 0 evidence (obviously). Stranger gets mad that he is "being ignored", people should believe him. Burden of proof is on them, he claims, even though he provided 0 evidence and it was him who claimed the official 100% is wrong.

Get it? What Zealously and others do is perfectly understandable considering you gave 0 evidence. I believe you when you say you tested it but you have to understand that when that evidence gets deleted or is otherwise unavailable this makes it worthless to use in an argument. It might as well not exist, we don't know it. Anyone could make statements like that.

Don't get so mad. People are not attacking you, just questioning your claims. Rightfully so, I'd add. You can still be right, nobody says you are wrong per se, just want some proof.
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
January 12 2014 20:15 GMT
#190
On January 13 2014 05:11 zlefin wrote:
Zealously, you are not wiling to do any of the tests yourself, so stop talking, all you're doing is proving your own poor manners, and inability to conduct actual science.
I'll take the argument up on liquipedia, maybe there people will be actually courteous.

Zenbrez, good, you haven't contributed anything useful to the discussion other than to make someone with problems get angry.



Doesn't actual science usually involve some kind of permanent documentation?
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:20:58
January 12 2014 20:17 GMT
#191
Good post Cheren, finally something useful.
Hmmm, a slight difference, but he could be right that it's 72%, i'd have to redo tests for that.
Other things of note you can tell from that:
The improved attack speed of cracklings over zerglings isn't 8 to 6 as liquiapedia says, but more like 8 to 5.5;

ultralisk don't actually attack at their listed cooldown of 15 (same as marines) but a little slower, in the 17-18 cooldown area;

corsairs also don't attack at their listed cooldown of 8, but are around a cooldown of 9 in actuality.


what's frustrating is that all this was proven long ago and blizz didn't fix their site, so people copying that still get it wrong and so many people still dont' know about it. I did a lot of work in bw figuring out mechanics like dark swarm and verifying numbers, and it's frustrating that it gets lost.
Besides, that post cheren linked shows what I've said, that the in-game results don't match the numbers in the game files, so there's your proof.
Liquipedia is not an authoritative source to be relied upon.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
nukkuj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Finland403 Posts
January 12 2014 20:19 GMT
#192
Games have more constant action and they are easier/enjoyable for viewers since they last longer. There's quite a lot of upgrades that you can choose for different units. I would love to see some example games from each matchup, PvT is great from what I can tell from those first page VODs.

Let's hope free arcade patch will bring more users to Starbow!
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:32:34
January 12 2014 20:27 GMT
#193
Dont get mad at Zealously yo just cause he makes sense! I get your pov but he isnt attacking you in anyway in fact what he and the others are saying is quite logical
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:28:55
January 12 2014 20:28 GMT
#194
On January 13 2014 05:11 zlefin wrote:
Zealously, you are not wiling to do any of the tests yourself, so stop talking, all you're doing is proving your own poor manners, and inability to conduct actual science.
I'll take the argument up on liquipedia, maybe there people will be actually courteous.

Zenbrez, good, you haven't contributed anything useful to the discussion other than to make someone with problems get angry.



For all we know you haven't conducted any tests either. Especially since the two different sources we have both arrived at different conclusions than you did in your supposed tests. Come on man, show us the evidence and I'll get off your back.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:35:08
January 12 2014 20:30 GMT
#195
If anyone is interested. Starbow stream is up (its streamed on a bad comp though).

http://www.twitch.tv/decemberscalm

Currently a game between 2 GM's.

On January 13 2014 05:19 nukkuj wrote:
Games have more constant action and they are easier/enjoyable for viewers since they last longer. There's quite a lot of upgrades that you can choose for different units. I would love to see some example games from each matchup, PvT is great from what I can tell from those first page VODs.

Let's hope free arcade patch will bring more users to Starbow!


I think the vs P matchups are going to be most popular in SBOW. TvZ HOTS is already pretty actionpacked, while the protoss matchups generally are more boring. SBOW can't really make the TvZ matchup more multitaskbased, but it can showcase a lot more variety and new types of strategies, which can be quite fun as well.
But mostly, SBOW IMO makes protoss much more fun to watch and play.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
January 12 2014 20:32 GMT
#196
Wow so that's how SC2 looks like if it was not just DeathBall vs DeathBall.
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
January 12 2014 20:34 GMT
#197
52 people in chat compared to the general chat of 38! Awesome.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:43:22
January 12 2014 20:40 GMT
#198
Just tuned into the stream. Are they actually playing at some point?

[edit] nvm
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
January 12 2014 20:48 GMT
#199
Will play tomorrow cant wait to try it out
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 12 2014 20:51 GMT
#200
When I saw Starbow for the first time(like 1 year ago I think) I didn't quite like it, but now seeing some of the games, it really seems a lot more polished and more balanced than before and I actually really dig it right now. Wish Blizzard would recognize something from this and would change something in LotV.

Also, is there a way to look at all of the Starbow's units, upgrades and stats? I really want to see what Viper has, what have you done with Roach, Sentinel stats etc.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC520
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 520
ZombieGrub137
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21390
Soulkey 271
White-Ra 194
Mini 165
Trap 28
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 14
League of Legends
Doublelift2483
Counter-Strike
fl0m1206
shoxiejesuss528
C9.Mang0145
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3722
Khaldor2160
Liquid`Hasu1582
Trikslyr40
Other Games
summit1g2834
ArmadaUGS2446
B2W.Neo471
shahzam454
Pyrionflax186
Mew2King57
Railgan22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 54
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV410
League of Legends
• TFBlade912
• Noizen117
Other Games
• Scarra1200
• imaqtpie891
• Shiphtur290
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 8m
OSC
16h 8m
Stellar Fest
16h 8m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.