• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8662 users

Starbow - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 346 Next
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
January 12 2014 20:56 GMT
#201
On January 13 2014 05:51 Ramiz1989 wrote:
When I saw Starbow for the first time(like 1 year ago I think) I didn't quite like it, but now seeing some of the games, it really seems a lot more polished and more balanced than before and I actually really dig it right now. Wish Blizzard would recognize something from this and would change something in LotV.

Also, is there a way to look at all of the Starbow's units, upgrades and stats? I really want to see what Viper has, what have you done with Roach, Sentinel stats etc.


I think it will come up soon. Didn't really expect all this activity so soon.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
January 12 2014 20:57 GMT
#202
On January 13 2014 05:51 Ramiz1989 wrote:
When I saw Starbow for the first time(like 1 year ago I think) I didn't quite like it, but now seeing some of the games, it really seems a lot more polished and more balanced than before and I actually really dig it right now. Wish Blizzard would recognize something from this and would change something in LotV.

Also, is there a way to look at all of the Starbow's units, upgrades and stats? I really want to see what Viper has, what have you done with Roach, Sentinel stats etc.


not sure if up-to-date, but this is the place you are looking for:
http://starbow.wikia.com/wiki/Starbow_Wiki
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:57:48
January 12 2014 20:57 GMT
#203
On January 13 2014 05:51 Ramiz1989 wrote:
When I saw Starbow for the first time(like 1 year ago I think) I didn't quite like it, but now seeing some of the games, it really seems a lot more polished and more balanced than before and I actually really dig it right now. Wish Blizzard would recognize something from this and would change something in LotV.

Also, is there a way to look at all of the Starbow's units, upgrades and stats? I really want to see what Viper has, what have you done with Roach, Sentinel stats etc.


We have a (somewhat) updated wikia: http://starbow.wikia.com/wiki/Starbow_Wiki

Edit: lol, dat triple answer.
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
propet
Profile Joined October 2012
Spain8 Posts
January 12 2014 20:58 GMT
#204
http://starbow.wikia.com/wiki/Starbow_Wiki
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 21:00:39
January 12 2014 21:00 GMT
#205
On January 13 2014 04:40 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 04:37 zlefin wrote:
The source you're citing is only ripping evidence from the game files, not from actual testing.


And the source you're citing is yourself, ripping evidence from... Your own statements. Look, I don't remember the attack speed bonus from BW stim pack, it may very well be 66%, but you don't magically prove it by repeatedly claiming that it's true. Liquipedia's source is Blizzard's own numbers, which unfortunately seem more reliable to me than the word of a person I do not know claiming he "extensively tested" something but has no further proof besides this claim.

But I'm sorry, this is off-topic. I'll stop now.

well we have 2 sources: liquipedia, which just reposted info from the game files, and a guy who claims he tested this, that the game engine doesn't work in a way it was supposed to work (which is pretty common in many other scbw mechanics), and that the resulting dps is only 66%. Liquipedia is not written by the gods, it's just a collection of common knowledge, and since zlefin explained why common knowledge might be wrong in this example, I would actually side with him on this one. Besides, why would he lie?
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 21:06:09
January 12 2014 21:02 GMT
#206
the evidence was already provided, see the post cheren linked to. That establishes the discrepancies between the numbers in the game files and actual results in game. Either do some tests yourself or stop harping zealous, you're not a scientist. Assuming the other person is lying is also not a good method. You said you were going to leave this discussion earlier, please do so.

Thank you Cheerio.

We should probably move this to another thread though, or into liquipedia, so as to stop disrupting starbow. (the only relevant point being that the discrepancies in how some units actually were in bw affects how you'd expect them to transition into mods based partially on bw, as the game files don't present the full and accurate story, and some of the differences are rather significant from a balance perspective)

Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 21:07:25
January 12 2014 21:03 GMT
#207
On January 13 2014 05:57 Xiphias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 05:51 Ramiz1989 wrote:
When I saw Starbow for the first time(like 1 year ago I think) I didn't quite like it, but now seeing some of the games, it really seems a lot more polished and more balanced than before and I actually really dig it right now. Wish Blizzard would recognize something from this and would change something in LotV.

Also, is there a way to look at all of the Starbow's units, upgrades and stats? I really want to see what Viper has, what have you done with Roach, Sentinel stats etc.


We have a (somewhat) updated wikia: http://starbow.wikia.com/wiki/Starbow_Wiki

Edit: lol, dat triple answer.


Ye not completely updated though. As I understand it, Sentinels detection ability is changed a bit now.
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
January 12 2014 21:05 GMT
#208
On January 13 2014 06:02 zlefin wrote:
the evidence was already provided, see the post cheren linked to. That establishes the discrepancies between the numbers in the game files and actual results in game. Either do some tests yourself or stop harping zealous, you're not a scientist. Assuming the other person is lying is also not a good method. You said you were going to leave this discussion earlier, please do so.

well, acording to the other source, your 66% are in fact wrong...
TL+ Member
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 12 2014 21:08 GMT
#209
On January 13 2014 05:28 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 05:11 zlefin wrote:
Zealously, you are not wiling to do any of the tests yourself, so stop talking, all you're doing is proving your own poor manners, and inability to conduct actual science.
I'll take the argument up on liquipedia, maybe there people will be actually courteous.

Zenbrez, good, you haven't contributed anything useful to the discussion other than to make someone with problems get angry.



For all we know you haven't conducted any tests either. Especially since the two different sources we have both arrived at different conclusions than you did in your supposed tests. Come on man, show us the evidence and I'll get off your back.

Evidence is hard. Typing on the internet is easy.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 21:09 GMT
#210
A lot more right than the other source was; if pressed i'd have said I need to redo the tests to get an exact number, but it's around 66%. Certainly not 100%.
Though it would be nice if we had the thread Ixess got those dps calculations from and the methodology it used. At any rate, I'm going to try to move this to liquipedia discussion. It's just hard to stop my compulsive arguing.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
January 12 2014 21:14 GMT
#211
On January 13 2014 06:03 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 05:57 Xiphias wrote:
On January 13 2014 05:51 Ramiz1989 wrote:
When I saw Starbow for the first time(like 1 year ago I think) I didn't quite like it, but now seeing some of the games, it really seems a lot more polished and more balanced than before and I actually really dig it right now. Wish Blizzard would recognize something from this and would change something in LotV.

Also, is there a way to look at all of the Starbow's units, upgrades and stats? I really want to see what Viper has, what have you done with Roach, Sentinel stats etc.


We have a (somewhat) updated wikia: http://starbow.wikia.com/wiki/Starbow_Wiki

Edit: lol, dat triple answer.


Ye not completely updated though. As I understand it, Sentinels detection ability is changed a bit now.

It is ok, I like to see all of the ideas that people had.

And thanks for the answers guys, exactly what I was looking for.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
January 12 2014 21:17 GMT
#212
what is the damage structure? Light vs armored or some kind of what it was in bw?
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 12 2014 21:20 GMT
#213
On January 13 2014 06:02 zlefin wrote:
the evidence was already provided, see the post cheren linked to. That establishes the discrepancies between the numbers in the game files and actual results in game. Either do some tests yourself or stop harping zealous, you're not a scientist. Assuming the other person is lying is also not a good method. You said you were going to leave this discussion earlier, please do so.

Thank you Cheerio.

We should probably move this to another thread though, or into liquipedia, so as to stop disrupting starbow. (the only relevant point being that the discrepancies in how some units actually were in bw affects how you'd expect them to transition into mods based partially on bw, as the game files don't present the full and accurate story, and some of the differences are rather significant from a balance perspective)



The thing is that your "extensively tested" numbers were actually wrong (off by some 6.5% if we are to believe Ixess' thread). The misunderstanding could have been cleared up if you'd shown us some of your fabled research instead of repeatedly claiming I should prove you wrong and not the other way around when you had no actual evidence to show. I think that if you experience a problem with people not taking your word for things IRL, your problem may lie in overreliance on what you know to be true and not enough accessible facts. I never said you were wrong, I said you can't just make a statement and expect people to believe it without backing it up. I'm sorry if I upset you, but that's how arguments work.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 12 2014 21:32 GMT
#214
http://www.twitch.tv/crank

Starbow about to happen soon.
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
SolidSMD
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium408 Posts
January 12 2014 21:34 GMT
#215
God exists, if you don't believe it then you should come up with some evidence to show that he does not exist.

No offence zlefin, but that is basicly what your argument is.
Working on Starbow!
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 21:35 GMT
#216
Zealous, stop talking since you're still unwilling to do tests yourself; and it has nothing to do with that issue, people just tend not to believe or listen to me, even if I back things up with thorough evidence. People react to certainty, and the truth is generally less certain, so someone who tends to be very accurate isn't listened to, because people perceive the degree of uncertainty as a lack of confidence in the answer. I accept your apology.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 21:37:52
January 12 2014 21:36 GMT
#217
On January 13 2014 06:09 zlefin wrote:
A lot more right than the other source was; if pressed i'd have said I need to redo the tests to get an exact number, but it's around 66%. Certainly not 100%.
Though it would be nice if we had the thread Ixess got those dps calculations from and the methodology it used. At any rate, I'm going to try to move this to liquipedia discussion. It's just hard to stop my compulsive arguing.

listen. If I made a comprehensive test some 10 years ago, shared it with the community, and then came back now only to find the truth long forgotten and people hinting I'm lying I would be pissed myself. As far as I'm concerned your behavior only adds up to your statements. But retesting your hypothesis is a waste of time and I encourage you not to do it. On the other hand you said there were other oddities with the engine. Sharing those might help the research team of Starbow as well as ring a bell if those aren't so long-forgotten thus adding credibility to your claims.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 12 2014 21:38 GMT
#218
On January 13 2014 06:35 zlefin wrote:
Zealous, stop talking since you're still unwilling to do tests yourself; and it has nothing to do with that issue, people just tend not to believe or listen to me, even if I back things up with thorough evidence. People react to certainty, and the truth is generally less certain, so someone who tends to be very accurate isn't listened to, because people perceive the degree of uncertainty as a lack of confidence in the answer. I accept your apology.


If you'd showed me your research, or even a part of it, or explained how you arrived at your conclusion, in the first place I would have accepted that as the truth because I don't have any significant evidence to the contrary. However, since you didn't, there was never any real evidence to prove your statement either, which is what I was calling you out for.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 21:43:03
January 12 2014 21:42 GMT
#219
On January 13 2014 06:35 zlefin wrote:
Zealous, stop talking since you're still unwilling to do tests yourself; and it has nothing to do with that issue, people just tend not to believe or listen to me, even if I back things up with thorough evidence. People react to certainty, and the truth is generally less certain, so someone who tends to be very accurate isn't listened to, because people perceive the degree of uncertainty as a lack of confidence in the answer. I accept your apology.


You didn't back it up with evidence. Stop pretending you did.
All you did was saying the numbers are wrong, "because you know otherwise".
Guess what, I claim your numbers are wrong, because I know otherwise.

Don't even know what that pseudophilosphical shit about certainty should be, that you are talking about. If anything, the truth is always certain. Knowing the truth or even just the existence of truth is not.

Also you don't know what an apology is, since you seem to see one where none is.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
January 12 2014 21:45 GMT
#220
I showed you my methodology in a prior post zealous, you ignored that post.

Cheerio: as I mentioned a bit ago, the other anomalies include ultralisk attack speed (somewhere around 17-18 cooldown instead of its listed 15; and corsair cd of around 9 instead of the listed 8; and zergling with adrenal gland at around 5.5 cooldown instead of its listed 6).

I'm not sure if everyone has the full details on dark swarm but I think most have it right, or roughly right; though I'd have to ask to verify. The liquipedia page on dark swarm is about right, but doesn't have all the details.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14915
Rain 2147
Dewaltoss 50
NaDa 36
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever408
NeuroSwarm185
Counter-Strike
taco 625
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1580
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft612
Other Games
summit1g9100
Doublelift3416
JimRising 629
PiGStarcraft315
ArmadaUGS240
C9.Mang0211
Maynarde146
ViBE112
ZombieGrub27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick916
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo494
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 14m
OSC
10h 14m
Stellar Fest
10h 14m
OSC
21h 14m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.