• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:53
CEST 00:53
KST 07:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10635 users

Starbow - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 346 Next
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
January 12 2014 22:00 GMT
#221
On January 13 2014 05:04 Zenbrez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.

No, that's not how it works, you're making a claim that's not backed-up anywhere, the burden of proof is on YOU. If you want us to believe you, you have to show us work. If this is a recurring problem in your life, I see certainly see why. I can see why it would be frustrating to you - if you actually did do these tests, you know in your heart it's true. But from an outsider's perspective, we can't just believe everybody that claims the things you say. There are a lot of liars out there. Anyways, I'm not going to test it, I don't actually care at all, and you're seemingly not going to, so I guess that's that.

Anyways, I won't be revisiting the thread

when knowledgeable people are giving you a free advice you'd better listen. Of course that depends on how good you are at judging knowledgeability, but if you are not you are missing on a lot of useful information.
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
January 12 2014 22:03 GMT
#222
Sad that this is what SC2 could have been if Blizzard had been more willing to stick to the fundamentals and not try to completely overhaul every aspect of the game just to make it 'different'. Maybe one day we'll see actual leagues for this great mod!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 12 2014 22:07 GMT
#223
On January 13 2014 07:00 Cheerio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 05:04 Zenbrez wrote:
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.

No, that's not how it works, you're making a claim that's not backed-up anywhere, the burden of proof is on YOU. If you want us to believe you, you have to show us work. If this is a recurring problem in your life, I see certainly see why. I can see why it would be frustrating to you - if you actually did do these tests, you know in your heart it's true. But from an outsider's perspective, we can't just believe everybody that claims the things you say. There are a lot of liars out there. Anyways, I'm not going to test it, I don't actually care at all, and you're seemingly not going to, so I guess that's that.

Anyways, I won't be revisiting the thread

when knowledgeable people are giving you a free advice you'd better listen. Of course that depends on how good you are at judging knowledgeability, but if you are not you are missing on a lot of useful information.

In general I trust the people who work on liquipedia over some random forum poster who refused to back up his claim with any sort of proof. The "Trust me Bro, I know" argument does not hold a lot of water.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
January 12 2014 22:16 GMT
#224
Just watched the impact vs ryung game. It was incredible to watch but knowing Blizzard's ego/pride they'll never adopt any of this so this would have to be a community push for tournament play / ladder play some how with it.
JD, need I say more? :D
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 00:18:46
January 12 2014 22:23 GMT
#225
On January 13 2014 07:07 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:00 Cheerio wrote:
On January 13 2014 05:04 Zenbrez wrote:
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.

No, that's not how it works, you're making a claim that's not backed-up anywhere, the burden of proof is on YOU. If you want us to believe you, you have to show us work. If this is a recurring problem in your life, I see certainly see why. I can see why it would be frustrating to you - if you actually did do these tests, you know in your heart it's true. But from an outsider's perspective, we can't just believe everybody that claims the things you say. There are a lot of liars out there. Anyways, I'm not going to test it, I don't actually care at all, and you're seemingly not going to, so I guess that's that.

Anyways, I won't be revisiting the thread

when knowledgeable people are giving you a free advice you'd better listen. Of course that depends on how good you are at judging knowledgeability, but if you are not you are missing on a lot of useful information.

In general I trust the people who work on liquipedia over some random forum poster who refused to back up his claim with any sort of proof. The "Trust me Bro, I know" argument does not hold a lot of water.

Well we have now two seemingly unconnected people claiming they did their research and estimated stim DPS effectiveness at a number far from 100%. One claims 72%, the other 66%. Since Liquipedia doesn't claim to have done or referenced any research any rational reader should assume these guys have a point, unless you can prove those two are one person or are involved in a plot aimed to disinform the community.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
January 12 2014 22:30 GMT
#226
On January 13 2014 07:23 Cheerio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:07 Plansix wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:00 Cheerio wrote:
On January 13 2014 05:04 Zenbrez wrote:
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.

No, that's not how it works, you're making a claim that's not backed-up anywhere, the burden of proof is on YOU. If you want us to believe you, you have to show us work. If this is a recurring problem in your life, I see certainly see why. I can see why it would be frustrating to you - if you actually did do these tests, you know in your heart it's true. But from an outsider's perspective, we can't just believe everybody that claims the things you say. There are a lot of liars out there. Anyways, I'm not going to test it, I don't actually care at all, and you're seemingly not going to, so I guess that's that.

Anyways, I won't be revisiting the thread

when knowledgeable people are giving you a free advice you'd better listen. Of course that depends on how good you are at judging knowledgeability, but if you are not you are missing on a lot of useful information.

In general I trust the people who work on liquipedia over some random forum poster who refused to back up his claim with any sort of proof. The "Trust me Bro, I know" argument does not hold a lot of water.

Well we have now two seemingly unconnected people claiming they did their research and estimated stim DPS effectiveness at a number far from 100%. One claims 72%, the other 66%. Since Liquipedia doesn't claim to have done or reference any research any rational reader should assume these guys have a point, unless you can prove those two are one person or are involved in a plot aimed to disinform the community.

I have to pick one and I am going to choose the one that is maintained by the TL writing staff and community members, rather than two random people on the forums who actively refuse to show their work. Until they back up their claims, I will simply assume they are wrong. Its how science works too, if you claim stuff you need to back it up with evidence.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
January 12 2014 22:39 GMT
#227
So far I haven't liked everything I've seen, but I've liked most of it. I'd love to see the inclusion of a few more SC2 units at some point in the future, but so far, this is feeling like a pretty decent BW+ mod.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 23:18:41
January 12 2014 22:40 GMT
#228
On January 13 2014 07:30 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:23 Cheerio wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:07 Plansix wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:00 Cheerio wrote:
On January 13 2014 05:04 Zenbrez wrote:
On January 13 2014 04:59 zlefin wrote:
No, the burden of proof is on the other side, liquipedia just copied from the game files without doing any verification, I posted methodology and have done the tests. That puts burden on someone else to do the darn tests.
I already said the original research posts are gone because battle.net deleted the old forums.
People not paying attention to me is a perennial problem in my life and it's immensely frustrating.
None of you are willing to actually do any tests yourself, unless you're willing to actually do the tests yourself you shouldn't be gainsaying.

No, that's not how it works, you're making a claim that's not backed-up anywhere, the burden of proof is on YOU. If you want us to believe you, you have to show us work. If this is a recurring problem in your life, I see certainly see why. I can see why it would be frustrating to you - if you actually did do these tests, you know in your heart it's true. But from an outsider's perspective, we can't just believe everybody that claims the things you say. There are a lot of liars out there. Anyways, I'm not going to test it, I don't actually care at all, and you're seemingly not going to, so I guess that's that.

Anyways, I won't be revisiting the thread

when knowledgeable people are giving you a free advice you'd better listen. Of course that depends on how good you are at judging knowledgeability, but if you are not you are missing on a lot of useful information.

In general I trust the people who work on liquipedia over some random forum poster who refused to back up his claim with any sort of proof. The "Trust me Bro, I know" argument does not hold a lot of water.

Well we have now two seemingly unconnected people claiming they did their research and estimated stim DPS effectiveness at a number far from 100%. One claims 72%, the other 66%. Since Liquipedia doesn't claim to have done or reference any research any rational reader should assume these guys have a point, unless you can prove those two are one person or are involved in a plot aimed to disinform the community.

I have to pick one and I am going to choose the one that is maintained by the TL writing staff and community members, rather than two random people on the forums who actively refuse to show their work. Until they back up their claims, I will simply assume they are wrong. Its how science works too, if you claim stuff you need to back it up with evidence.

well you should also consider this:
edit: changed initial math
their finding helps to explain a weird finding at Liquipedia Ensnare article that shows that stimmed marine dps falls under ensnare by 42% compared to normal 18% reduction. According to the article ensnare effectively negates stim. If the stim bonus was 100% marine damage would have been reduced to 50%. If we assume stim buff at 66% then ensnared damage reduction would be 39,76%, and if at 72% then the ensnared damage reduction would be 41,86%. As you can see 42% damage reduction is just beyond that and could actually be the result of the rounding up of 41,86%. Anyway the number is WAAAY closer to the results that these guys would predict compared to the expected from Liquipedia 50%, so Liquipedia contradicts itself on this one and is clearly asking for corrections on it's info database. And when it is being presented to you you do what? you say Liquipedia knows better.

P.S. I'm pretty sure on this finding alone liquipedia can be convinced to change their article to accomodate for the new information since they clearly don't have any other info against it.
Swift118
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom335 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 17:21:37
January 12 2014 22:41 GMT
#229
Thought I would make a post before the usual million posts a month crowd completely take over. Just would like to show a bit of support for the people involved in creating Starbow. Tried it out and although I can not say I like everything about the mod it shows some passion for RTS that is seriously lacking in recent years.

The larger gaming devs are simply not interested in RTS right now and it is a damn shame as any older gen gamers know how popular RTS used to be. Going back to c&c - wc2 days when things really started kicking off I have to say the last few years have been incredibly poor in terms of new releases and bringing interest to similar games. I hope things improve in the near future as I have always thought that RTS is the genre that is the best for competitive play within video games and has the most potential for epic moments/crowd pleasers.

Hope you guys continue to patch Starbow and maybe it can become a hugely popular mod. GL!
sertman
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States540 Posts
January 12 2014 22:46 GMT
#230
No words can express how badly I want there to be a dedicated league/ladder for this. I haven't felt this way about watching Starcraft since I first got into the scene. This is great!
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
January 12 2014 22:47 GMT
#231
http://www.twitch.tv/crank

Crank streaming Sbow again!
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
January 12 2014 22:52 GMT
#232
Zerg looks sexy as hell! finally more high tech units
big_aug
Profile Joined April 2013
United States14 Posts
January 12 2014 22:52 GMT
#233
I never played the original SC, but some of the models in Starbow look really cheesey. Maybe they're nostalgic for some folks, but those hellion like units look awful. And the slug looking protoss unit? *cringe*
Swift118
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom335 Posts
January 12 2014 22:56 GMT
#234
On January 13 2014 07:52 big_aug wrote:
I never played the original SC, but some of the models in Starbow look really cheesey. Maybe they're nostalgic for some folks, but those hellion like units look awful. And the slug looking protoss unit? *cringe*


I believe you are talking about Vultures and Reavers. Great units, created a lot of exciting moments, more-so than the Hellion and Colossus ever has tbh :p
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
January 12 2014 22:56 GMT
#235
On January 13 2014 07:52 big_aug wrote:
I never played the original SC, but some of the models in Starbow look really cheesey. Maybe they're nostalgic for some folks, but those hellion like units look awful. And the slug looking protoss unit? *cringe*


Which models would you give to the "slug looking protoss unit", it's slow as fuck, the slug look is perfect
rly ?
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 23:27:43
January 12 2014 22:56 GMT
#236
Also what kind of hard proof do you guys expect? Suppose zlefin runs some tests and presents results. How do you know he did actually gather those numbers himself or made them up to back up his theory? In the end when a person comes in and says something weird with the test behind it or not it's all down to whether people will believe him or not (his numbers can't be verified anyway, the only way to disprove him is to make your own test, something clearly none of you is going to do), it's just that a person who posts numbers looks knowledgeable. I find it hilarious.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 12 2014 23:18 GMT
#237
On January 13 2014 07:52 big_aug wrote:
I never played the original SC, but some of the models in Starbow look really cheesey. Maybe they're nostalgic for some folks, but those hellion like units look awful. And the slug looking protoss unit? *cringe*


fuckin lol
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
S1eth
Profile Joined November 2011
Austria221 Posts
January 12 2014 23:20 GMT
#238
On January 13 2014 07:52 big_aug wrote:
I never played the original SC, but some of the models in Starbow look really cheesey. Maybe they're nostalgic for some folks, but those hellion like units look awful. And the slug looking protoss unit? *cringe*


Did you not play the Wings of Liberty campaign? You get vultures there.
Waise
Profile Joined June 2013
3165 Posts
January 12 2014 23:23 GMT
#239
On January 13 2014 07:52 big_aug wrote:
I never played the original SC, but some of the models in Starbow look really cheesey. Maybe they're nostalgic for some folks, but those hellion like units look awful. And the slug looking protoss unit? *cringe*

i agree, but what do you expect? it's a mod. you expect a mod to have the model design qualify of blizzard entertainment?

a lot of them do really look bad though. dragoons look awful (yes, i know they look more like they did in the cutscenes - they looked awful in the cutscenes)
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
January 12 2014 23:25 GMT
#240
On January 13 2014 07:52 big_aug wrote:
I never played the original SC, but some of the models in Starbow look really cheesey. Maybe they're nostalgic for some folks, but those hellion like units look awful. And the slug looking protoss unit? *cringe*

Speaking ill of the reaver on TL is a good way to get lynched, just a heads up.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 346 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 139
SpeCial 125
Vindicta 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 547
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
JimRising 581
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox698
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor956
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g7410
shahzam555
FrodaN118
ArmadaUGS94
NeuroSwarm71
Mew2King58
ViBE56
JuggernautJason37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 26
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Scarra443
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Stellar Fest
14h 7m
OSC
23h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.