• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:56
CEST 10:56
KST 17:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9821 users

Scelight 6.0: Patch 3.0 + LotV support - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
927 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 47 Next All
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-18 13:37:50
January 18 2014 13:36 GMT
#261
On January 18 2014 16:39 iCpryde wrote:
When will you be adding Smix korean voice over in SCElight? I was talking to her in Huk chat and she said he would be up to doing it if you message her to do it. I enjoy hearing the korean voice over after every game saying "replay saved".

This really depends on Smix. As soon as she supplies the recordings, I can integrate them into Scelight.
There are missing Smix recordings from the current voice pack too as I messaged her multiple times yet she did not made those recordings.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Training
Profile Joined November 2011
Switzerland15 Posts
January 20 2014 01:03 GMT
#262
Hey !

thanks for this plugin ! I was wondering if anyone heard of an update for the MMR add-on ?
Also, are you aware of any bugs in the SPM metric ? some of my replays show very low numbers (1.8 SPM ??).
It also seems like the SPM values of both opponents always are in the same range (both low or both high)

Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 20 2014 05:19 GMT
#263
On January 20 2014 10:03 Training wrote:
Hey !

thanks for this plugin ! I was wondering if anyone heard of an update for the MMR add-on ?
Also, are you aware of any bugs in the SPM metric ? some of my replays show very low numbers (1.8 SPM ??).
It also seems like the SPM values of both opponents always are in the same range (both low or both high)


MMR plugin is not yet compatible with Scelight.

Also, I heard nothing wrong of SPM. SPM shows a kind of skill (multitasking skill). And since auto matchmaking attempts to match similar skilled players, it's not surprising that in automm games both players have similar SPM (either both low or both high). In team games this is not so trivial, because in team games the average MMR of the players of teams is ought to be close which might be quite different among team members, so in team games I've seen quite diverse SPM values in the same game.
https://repmastered.icza.net
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
January 20 2014 07:05 GMT
#264
ahh, so you made both sc2gear and scelight? can you share some reasoning behind re-coding almost everything? I am just curious your design decisions haha.
No Pain No Gain
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 20 2014 07:27 GMT
#265
On January 20 2014 16:05 lhr0909 wrote:
ahh, so you made both sc2gear and scelight? can you share some reasoning behind re-coding almost everything? I am just curious your design decisions haha.

The reasoning has been shared in this thread:
My "Secret" New Project

Which you can also find inside Scelight, at the bottom of the News page.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 20 2014 14:19 GMT
#266
Released Scelight 2.0 with Powerful Filters, Advanced Replay Search, Improved Overlay cards and more.

[image loading]

Details are in the first post. (Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 22 2014 06:46 GMT
#267
Released Scelight 2.0.1 which adds support for 2.1 replays.

(Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.
https://repmastered.icza.net
bakjoul
Profile Joined January 2014
France4 Posts
January 23 2014 12:52 GMT
#268
Hi,
I've been using sc2gears for a few years now and still have a LOT of free space on my database account. Will we be able to use our sc2gears database to store replays with scelight ? Will there be an update or a possibility to upgrade so we can use our sc2gears dabatase with scelight ?
Geo3
Profile Joined December 2010
United States63 Posts
January 23 2014 21:11 GMT
#269
Hmm... Where can I download the latest version.

https://sites.google.com/site/scelight/downloads only has 1.1.4

1.1.4 doesn't seem to work right, it just sits at the start page and says "checking for updates" at the bottom with no progress at all, and the start button is grayed out.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 23 2014 21:51 GMT
#270
On January 23 2014 21:52 bakjoul wrote:
Hi,
I've been using sc2gears for a few years now and still have a LOT of free space on my database account. Will we be able to use our sc2gears database to store replays with scelight ? Will there be an update or a possibility to upgrade so we can use our sc2gears dabatase with scelight ?

This is not yet decided. When I have more info on this, I will post it.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 23 2014 21:53 GMT
#271
On January 24 2014 06:11 Geo3 wrote:
Hmm... Where can I download the latest version.

https://sites.google.com/site/scelight/downloads only has 1.1.4

1.1.4 doesn't seem to work right, it just sits at the start page and says "checking for updates" at the bottom with no progress at all, and the start button is grayed out.

The 1.1.4 is the version of the Scelight Launcher, not Scelight (application) itself.

The "error" you describe means your launcher cannot connect to the internet. Check firewall+antivirus settings. Also check if other Java programs (Sc2gears for example) can connect to the internet.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 22:02:40
January 23 2014 22:01 GMT
#272
On January 20 2014 23:19 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Released Scelight 2.0 with Powerful Filters, Advanced Replay Search, Improved Overlay cards and more.

[image loading]

Details are in the first post. (Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.



might want to use a different color for the first sentance. generally mods frown upon use of red text. unless you've talked to them about it of course.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Geo3
Profile Joined December 2010
United States63 Posts
January 23 2014 22:07 GMT
#273
On January 24 2014 06:53 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Also check if other Java programs (Sc2gears for example) can connect to the internet.

It doesn't look like it can(news page is blank) What does this mean, do I have to open specific ports?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-24 06:18:35
January 24 2014 06:12 GMT
#274
On January 24 2014 07:01 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2014 23:19 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Released Scelight 2.0 with Powerful Filters, Advanced Replay Search, Improved Overlay cards and more.

[image loading]

Details are in the first post. (Re)start Scelight and it will install the updates automatically. It will also notify you of the updates if you have it running.



might want to use a different color for the first sentance. generally mods frown upon use of red text. unless you've talked to them about it of course.

I haven't talked to them about this, and I didn't know it was bad.

I normally use the red color for announcements of new versions, so it stands out of the flow of comments / posts. I think there is nothing offensive in this, and it has the advantage of knowing where you are (in terms of Scelight version and features at that time) when you read through pages so you can better understand the context of the posts.

I've been using this red color announcements in the Sc2gears thread too for years now, and no one ever complained. If the admins warns me about this, of course I will not do this, but I think this is not offensive and it has a lot of gains.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
January 24 2014 06:16 GMT
#275
On January 24 2014 07:07 Geo3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 06:53 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Also check if other Java programs (Sc2gears for example) can connect to the internet.

It doesn't look like it can(news page is blank) What does this mean, do I have to open specific ports?

No, you don't have to open any ports. Opening ports is for when you want someone from the outside (from the internet) to be able to connect to your computer. And what you want is your computer to be able to connect to a server being outside (on the internet).

Most likely you have a firewall or antivirus software which blocks Java (java.exe, javaw.exe). If this is the case, you can turn off your firewall for a few minutes to test this: turn off your firewall, then start Scelight. If Scelight will be able to connect to the Scelight Operator, then surely it is your firewall blocking Java.
https://repmastered.icza.net
EJK
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States1302 Posts
January 25 2014 01:40 GMT
#276
On January 24 2014 15:16 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 07:07 Geo3 wrote:
On January 24 2014 06:53 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Also check if other Java programs (Sc2gears for example) can connect to the internet.

It doesn't look like it can(news page is blank) What does this mean, do I have to open specific ports?

No, you don't have to open any ports. Opening ports is for when you want someone from the outside (from the internet) to be able to connect to your computer. And what you want is your computer to be able to connect to a server being outside (on the internet).

Most likely you have a firewall or antivirus software which blocks Java (java.exe, javaw.exe). If this is the case, you can turn off your firewall for a few minutes to test this: turn off your firewall, then start Scelight. If Scelight will be able to connect to the Scelight Operator, then surely it is your firewall blocking Java
.

just tried that, did not work. Just gonna have to download wherever ur neweset version is
Sc2 Terran Coach, top 16GM NA - interested in coaching? Message me on teamliquid!
AndyBear
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-25 05:26:36
January 25 2014 05:26 GMT
#277
I'm loving that you are continuing to support this great program in a new and different way, but as of right now, there are some shortcomings with Scelight.

As far as I can tell with my 30min ish of tinkering...
  • I cannot see everyone's APM when looking at a list of replays - Only average and player 1 and player 2 (I play teamgames, I like seeing everyone's APM)

  • Viewing multiple replays again, change Icons to text only, so I can get a more compact feel. I would love to see average league but would love Text instead of an Icon. Shrinking the height causes some clipping of the images.

  • Found it very difficult to add myself to favoured list, had to look it up! Though this could just be my own stupidity. The '?' icon gave poor info on what the correct format was and had no idea what the 'player menu' was.

  • Food made and Food used on separate charts? anyway to view on one?

  • Missing quite a few chart types when viewing a game replay.

  • Korean voice D: ?

  • I do not like the icon


I would continue to use Sc2gears as it does everything I could ever want, but I assume at some point it will stop working with a major patch and it won't be updated.

I look forward to what Scelight will bring. I have full confidence that you will make it better than Sc2Gears!

Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2370 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-27 17:07:58
January 27 2014 15:52 GMT
#278
On January 25 2014 14:26 AndyBear wrote:
I'm loving that you are continuing to support this great program in a new and different way, but as of right now, there are some shortcomings with Scelight.

As far as I can tell with my 30min ish of tinkering...
  • I cannot see everyone's APM when looking at a list of replays - Only average and player 1 and player 2 (I play teamgames, I like seeing everyone's APM)

  • Viewing multiple replays again, change Icons to text only, so I can get a more compact feel. I would love to see average league but would love Text instead of an Icon. Shrinking the height causes some clipping of the images.

  • Found it very difficult to add myself to favoured list, had to look it up! Though this could just be my own stupidity. The '?' icon gave poor info on what the correct format was and had no idea what the 'player menu' was.

  • Food made and Food used on separate charts? anyway to view on one?

  • Missing quite a few chart types when viewing a game replay.

  • Korean voice D: ?

  • I do not like the icon


I would continue to use Sc2gears as it does everything I could ever want, but I assume at some point it will stop working with a major patch and it won't be updated.

I look forward to what Scelight will bring. I have full confidence that you will make it better than Sc2Gears!


Thanks for the constructive opinion, criticism.

Here is my response:
  • There is no predefined column to list the APMs of all players, but Scelight supports defining your own custom columns. You can create a custom column which dislays APMs of all players very easily: Name it like "APMs", and use the template "<[PIBapm]>". Make this custom column visible, and voila, you have what you wanted.

  • Again, Custom columns is your friend. If you want a column which displays the average league of players but as text and not as an icon, create a custom column: Name it like "AvgL", and use the template "[avgLeagueLong]" if you want the full league name or use the template "[avgLeague]" if you just want the league letter, or you can even use a template like "[avgLeagueLong{1-3}]" if you want the first 3 letters of the league name to be listed in the replay list table.

  • Scelight is a "new" program with lots of features and possibilities. I try to make it intuitive, but if I don't want to sacrifice all the features, then you will have to go through some learning course to get to know certain features. Feel free to ask anything which you can't find or don't know, I'd be more than happy to help everyone. Yes, the Player Toon's format is not intuitive, but it wasn't meant to be. Its purpose is to contain all the the numbers which are required to uniquely identify a player globally. You don't have to learn it or discover it by yourself, that's why the Player menu is for, so you can simply manage the favored player list or you can simply copy and paste Player toons.

  • I will add a new chart in the future to show them on the same chart, highlighting supply capped periods.

  • More charts will come with time.

  • It really depends on Smix if and when she's willing to do it.

  • No comment..


Summary: the needs of everyone are quite diverse. I included columns which covers the most used / needed cases (and will continue to add more), and I also provided the possibility of custom columns which basically lets everyone to customize the table with new columns suiting their own particular needs.
https://repmastered.icza.net
AndyBear
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
January 28 2014 00:12 GMT
#279
On January 28 2014 00:52 Dakota_Fanning wrote:
Thanks for the constructive opinion, criticism.

Here is my response:
  • There is no predefined column to list the APMs of all players, but Scelight supports defining your own custom columns. You can create a custom column which dislays APMs of all players very easily: Name it like "APMs", and use the template "<[PIBapm]>". Make this custom column visible, and voila, you have what you wanted.

  • Again, Custom columns is your friend. If you want a column which displays the average league of players but as text and not as an icon, create a custom column: Name it like "AvgL", and use the template "[avgLeagueLong]" if you want the full league name or use the template "[avgLeague]" if you just want the league letter, or you can even use a template like "[avgLeagueLong{1-3}]" if you want the first 3 letters of the league name to be listed in the replay list table.

  • Scelight is a "new" program with lots of features and possibilities. I try to make it intuitive, but if I don't want to sacrifice all the features, then you will have to go through some learning course to get to know certain features. Feel free to ask anything which you can't find or don't know, I'd be more than happy to help everyone. Yes, the Player Toon's format is not intuitive, but it wasn't meant to be. Its purpose is to contain all the the numbers which are required to uniquely identify a player globally. You don't have to learn it or discover it by yourself, that's why the Player menu is for, so you can simply manage the favored player list or you can simply copy and paste Player toons.

  • I will add a new chart in the future to show them on the same chart, highlighting supply capped periods.

  • More charts will come with time.

  • It really depends on Smix if and when she's willing to do it.

  • No comment..


Summary: the needs of everyone are quite diverse. I included columns which covers the most used / needed cases (and will continue to add more), and I also provided the possibility of custom columns which basically lets everyone to customize the table with new columns suiting their own particular needs.


Thank you very much for the response. Custom tables is amazing and covered everything that I need. Really looking forward to what you do. Your interaction with users is by far the best I've seen. Thank you! I'll be registering later today .
KarneEspada
Profile Joined May 2011
United States72 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 04:14:28
January 29 2014 01:05 GMT
#280
Hi, I just upgraded to this from sc2gears and I love it. However, the Live APM Overlay doesn't seem to be functioning properly for me. Scelight detects that I am in a game, and everything else runs normally. I have tried running both sc2 and scelight as administrator, and uninstalling the Battle.net app and running sc2.exe as administrator, but nothing seems to work. Thanks for making this awesome program and I appreciate any help you can provide!

Ah, it seems to work only on ladder games. Thanks!
KespadA, UC Irvine
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 942
Larva 628
ggaemo 617
Mind 575
Stork 319
Leta 177
PianO 138
Killer 43
Hyuk 28
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 20
Bisu 10
Dota 2
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 393
Reynor99
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1148
Other Games
summit1g10369
C9.Mang0240
Sick208
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick545
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2342
League of Legends
• Stunt1316
• Jankos1077
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 4m
Online Event
2h 4m
FEL
7h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.