• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12881 users

Genna Bain leaves Axiom - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
500 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25 26 Next All
This is a heated issue, but please keep the debate civil.
Personal insult is not 'discussion' and will be moderated. -Page 17
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
August 16 2013 05:13 GMT
#61
On August 16 2013 14:08 justiceknight wrote:
Genna Bain and John Bain. Are they blood related?

lol...


Drama, drama, drama. I'm not sure why I'm surprised really. They're all in the entertainment business, and drama seems to be very popular in that respect!
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
August 16 2013 05:13 GMT
#62
This sucks. Was hoping for more people like Genna in the scene and then there she goes.
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
KuKri
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany168 Posts
August 16 2013 05:27 GMT
#63
Miscommunication, Axiom couldn't spend as much money for the ATC tournament, Take tried to fix it, it didn't work out, Genna Bain revealed private communication with Take about funding, Take responded again in privately to Genna, indirectly pointing towards taking legal actions, and she made it public again? Is this what this is about?
Why is Take to be blamed? I must've missed out on something...
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
August 16 2013 05:28 GMT
#64
On August 16 2013 13:58 NovemberstOrm wrote:
TB's thought's in audio form.
https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/gennas-retirement


I just listened to this... holy crap clinical depression? I feel for Genna even more right now. You don't need to "be on their side" to feel for her when you hear about everything they've been going to.
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 16 2013 05:28 GMT
#65
Melodrama
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Topdoller
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3860 Posts
August 16 2013 05:28 GMT
#66
Never wash your dirty linen in public,in other words if you are in a position of responsibility keep,off Twitch,Facebook,Reddit etc or you will sooner or later get caught out. You have to keep it professional or you will never be taken seriously, this is a business and bad press can have a negative impact.

Way to much drama about this situation
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
August 16 2013 05:30 GMT
#67
Total Biscuit is still involved, the team isn't dead yet as far as I can tell, what's the big deal? Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with all the nonsense of running the team?
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
tiaz
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden231 Posts
August 16 2013 05:33 GMT
#68
I feel this whole thing concerns me in very few ways, but in the ways that do concern me, I don't care particularly much.
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." - Iloveoov
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
August 16 2013 05:36 GMT
#69
Poor TB lol
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
August 16 2013 05:36 GMT
#70
On August 16 2013 14:30 Havik_ wrote:
Total Biscuit is still involved, the team isn't dead yet as far as I can tell, what's the big deal? Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with all the nonsense of running the team?

But why did it have to turn into a drama like this @_@
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 05:52:17
August 16 2013 05:39 GMT
#71
On August 16 2013 14:36 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 14:30 Havik_ wrote:
Total Biscuit is still involved, the team isn't dead yet as far as I can tell, what's the big deal? Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with all the nonsense of running the team?

But why did it have to turn into a drama like this @_@

Everyone seemed quick to react to what happened.
Moderatorlickypiddy
beesinyoface
Profile Joined May 2012
2450 Posts
August 16 2013 05:39 GMT
#72
On August 16 2013 14:36 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 14:30 Havik_ wrote:
Total Biscuit is still involved, the team isn't dead yet as far as I can tell, what's the big deal? Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with all the nonsense of running the team?

But why did it have to turn into a drama like this @_@

Because it's related to SC2, what else did you expect?
aaaaa
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
August 16 2013 05:44 GMT
#73
I really wish for the Axiom players that things settle down and become stable. I mean, they´re already traumatized by the Jessica-drama-rama, no need for another one. I´m worried though, that the whole team is dissolved in a hysteric fit of frustration over some silly shit. Please stay strong!
thirtyapm
Profile Joined January 2012
521 Posts
August 16 2013 05:44 GMT
#74
how does leaving help???
cmon genna, stay and help the team out.
regardless of whether this is a mistake, learn and grow.
you were doing great, keep at it.
DeepS
Profile Joined July 2013
Romania1 Post
August 16 2013 05:47 GMT
#75
Respect goes out for the effort that TB and Genna put into e-sports. In this troubled time, it's easy to look into this sea of negativity and drama. It's harder to see some of the more positive and encouraging messages. So I hope one of them reads this. I wish you the absolute best in the future, Genna. I hope you feel better soon, and that everything works out for you.

I will make a small side note, and pretty much stop supporting TaKe in any way I can. Instead of cursing at him, and just creating so much drama and hostility and negativity within the scene. Just cut all support away from Take. it's as simple as that.
When behind, get more behind.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 05:50:57
August 16 2013 05:49 GMT
#76
On August 16 2013 14:36 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 14:30 Havik_ wrote:
Total Biscuit is still involved, the team isn't dead yet as far as I can tell, what's the big deal? Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with all the nonsense of running the team?

But why did it have to turn into a drama like this @_@

Ask Take.

how does leaving help???

How does not having to deal with a massive amount of responsibility not going to help? I'm not going to pretend I know half of what goes into it, but neither do you. But I do know it's a lot can be quite draining.
Refer to my post.
BlackPanther
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States872 Posts
August 16 2013 05:58 GMT
#77
People need to understand the stress that Genna is under. We can argue all day about how she did some less than ideal things in regards with the latest situation but TB revealed that she is currently clincally depressed. On top of that shes been having to manage 2 companies (Cynical Brit and Axiom), be a mother to her son and a wife to her husband. The community should not be giving any shit to anyone involved. It was a bad set of events that resulted in a major loss to the scene. If you really want to help SC2 become better, start by not being a toxic shit and throwing blame at people.

Best of luck to Genna and I hope she gets better.
KuKri
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany168 Posts
August 16 2013 06:00 GMT
#78
On August 16 2013 14:49 Zenbrez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 14:36 Za7oX wrote:
On August 16 2013 14:30 Havik_ wrote:
Total Biscuit is still involved, the team isn't dead yet as far as I can tell, what's the big deal? Maybe she just doesn't want to deal with all the nonsense of running the team?

But why did it have to turn into a drama like this @_@

Ask Take.

Show nested quote +
how does leaving help???

How does not having to deal with a massive amount of responsibility not going to help? I'm not going to pretend I know half of what goes into it, but neither do you. But I do know it's a lot can be quite draining.

I don't get it... I only see TB and Genna make blogs and audio records about how bad of a person Take is, revealing parts of what was supposed to be private communication. Why do you hold Take responsible for turning this into a drama?
He didn't make anything about this public, did he? Again, what did I miss?
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
August 16 2013 06:02 GMT
#79
WHAAAT?!!!

This felt like I got hit by a brick out of nowhere.
Someone call down the Thunder?
benjiman
Profile Joined July 2013
United Kingdom3 Posts
August 16 2013 06:05 GMT
#80
The term "dirty laundry" was thrown around, but I disagree on that assessment. The information was provided by Genna in an attempt to provide information for the community about why the team had pulled out of ATC... and there is nothing particularly damning in any of that information, short of some very unfortunate miscommunication. As you will notice at the time, Genna seemed to be very positive towards Take and everything he was doing for them - I cant speak for TB's position on him at the time, but I cant imagine it was too different.

That means that the majority of the problems between the two parties, in our view at least - and it is entirely possible there was more to it that we don't know - came from the comments made in Genna's later blog. Now, Take certainly has a reason to be annoyed. I'm sure the conversation was made in the expectation that it be private between them, and I cant help personally wondering if the comments made there were extremely heat of the moment, that perhaps the implication that Take hopes Genna receives legal action against her was not exactly what he had in mind in making the comments he did. While he certainly would be angry, he cant really have had THAT much antagonism towards Genna just from a relatively neutral conversation being exposed.

Ultimately, and unfortunately, the damage has been done, regardless of the intention. Genna has, as TB tells us, been dealing with other problems, and this was the final straw. TB may have teething issues in dealing with what is simply people serving their respective companies rather than the people they are dealing with, but I am fairly sure that an unusual method of handling problems wont stop him from getting what he needs to get done, done. It just seems that he will need help if he intends to continue with his other work too. Hope he finds that help. Id be up for it but I doubt I could help out here in the lovely UK. ^^

As an aside, if nothing else, this will give Genna time to coalesce and handle any continue problems she has. Heres hoping for the best, for the both of you.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 652
soO 533
BeSt 443
Hyuk 406
Killer 66
Mind 40
Shinee 37
Mong 34
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 659
XcaliburYe179
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister705
ceh9503
Happy276
Livibee166
Mew2King81
crisheroes70
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick544
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH375
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.