• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:24
CEST 12:24
KST 19:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9325 users

Genna Bain leaves Axiom - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
500 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
This is a heated issue, but please keep the debate civil.
Personal insult is not 'discussion' and will be moderated. -Page 17
Danger Boy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States47 Posts
August 16 2013 04:12 GMT
#21
this is so nuts. she seemed so good with a team (
Fun only makes dieing worse...
HyperDesi
Profile Joined February 2011
63 Posts
August 16 2013 04:13 GMT
#22
this is a complete shock!!
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
August 16 2013 04:15 GMT
#23
"The fire rises."

Wait, is this a different Bain?
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
August 16 2013 04:15 GMT
#24
On August 16 2013 13:07 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 13:05 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:02 Daralii wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:00 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 16 2013 12:54 nqqvt3 wrote:
Sorry to see her go, what exactly does that mean for Axiom?

Totalbiscuit will be taking over.

His first act as manager is tweeting "Fuck Take," so he's off to a good start. :p


Not true!

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

So eSports is plagued with incompetence, fragile egos, backroom bullshit, people out for themselves and more concerned with saving face



Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

I just want to make that abundantly clear for those who didn't know. Similar I'd imagine to most entertainment industries.

Show nested quote +
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit

Oh and Fuck Take by the way


Okay, third act.


Well, he also posted in her blog (and said fuck TaKe again).
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
August 16 2013 04:16 GMT
#25
Sad to see one of the "good ones" go.
duckTemplar
Profile Joined February 2011
United States216 Posts
August 16 2013 04:17 GMT
#26
Slayers nightmare again!
The first word Kerrigan said to Raynor was "...You Pig!", to Raynor's response "What? ... oh you're a psychic"
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46473 Posts
August 16 2013 04:17 GMT
#27
On August 16 2013 13:07 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 13:05 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:02 Daralii wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:00 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 16 2013 12:54 nqqvt3 wrote:
Sorry to see her go, what exactly does that mean for Axiom?

Totalbiscuit will be taking over.

His first act as manager is tweeting "Fuck Take," so he's off to a good start. :p


Not true!

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

So eSports is plagued with incompetence, fragile egos, backroom bullshit, people out for themselves and more concerned with saving face



Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

I just want to make that abundantly clear for those who didn't know. Similar I'd imagine to most entertainment industries.

Show nested quote +
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit

Oh and Fuck Take by the way


Okay, third act.


He is really, really not handling this well.

In the other thread, he openly states that Axiom will no longer be attending anything related to Take (which hurts his team more than anything else), and essentially every comment coming from him is unprofessional. Yeah, I get the whole brutal honesty thing, but I think a little tact is important too.

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 16 2013 13:00 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 12:58 Joedaddy wrote:
Pretty shitty move when you make what one presumed to be a private conversation public. Even if you didn't think it was a big deal, Dennis obviously did.


Fuck Dennis. If he wasn't so concerned about saving face rather than being honest with everybody about his mismanaged tournament then some of this might not have happened. When you say "I hope there are legal consequences for what you've done" all bets are off, I lose any respect I've had for you. I hope Take enjoyed the free casting and the numbers, I'll never deal with him and his organisation ever again.

~http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=425693&currentpage=2
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
August 16 2013 04:20 GMT
#28
On August 16 2013 13:17 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 13:07 Daralii wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:05 LuckoftheIrish wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:02 Daralii wrote:
On August 16 2013 13:00 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On August 16 2013 12:54 nqqvt3 wrote:
Sorry to see her go, what exactly does that mean for Axiom?

Totalbiscuit will be taking over.

His first act as manager is tweeting "Fuck Take," so he's off to a good start. :p


Not true!

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

So eSports is plagued with incompetence, fragile egos, backroom bullshit, people out for themselves and more concerned with saving face



Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 6m

I just want to make that abundantly clear for those who didn't know. Similar I'd imagine to most entertainment industries.

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit

Oh and Fuck Take by the way


Okay, third act.


He is really, really not handling this well.

In the other thread, he openly states that Axiom will no longer be attending anything related to Take (which hurts his team more than anything else), and essentially every comment coming from him is unprofessional. Yeah, I get the whole brutal honesty thing, but I think a little tact is important too.

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 16 2013 13:00 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2013 12:58 Joedaddy wrote:
Pretty shitty move when you make what one presumed to be a private conversation public. Even if you didn't think it was a big deal, Dennis obviously did.


Fuck Dennis. If he wasn't so concerned about saving face rather than being honest with everybody about his mismanaged tournament then some of this might not have happened. When you say "I hope there are legal consequences for what you've done" all bets are off, I lose any respect I've had for you. I hope Take enjoyed the free casting and the numbers, I'll never deal with him and his organisation ever again.

~http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=425693&currentpage=2



I don't know, does it? No ATC - if that ever happens again - and no HSC. All of his/her players are based in Korea, so it's not like they're missing out on regional tournaments or anything. WCS, GSTL and the various offline majors seem like more than enough for any team. Not having TotalBiscuit cast for TaKe's tourmanents seems like a bigger blow to me.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
hangene92
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada258 Posts
August 16 2013 04:23 GMT
#29
This story is mind blown. I dunno what to do.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"
Patjuh
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands20 Posts
August 16 2013 04:24 GMT
#30
Even though her reasons for resigning as team owner don't carry enough weight in my personal opinion (I think eSports should be a lot more transparent, it's a win-win situation for everyone within the community and can only aid the professionalism of the industry itself), I kinda saw this coming. I feel sorry for her though, as I believe she had all the right intentions during the entire journey.

Of course I can only judge based on what I've read for the past couple of days, but I don't think Dennis 'Take' should threaten with exploring the legal possibilities of suing someone (especially not in an international affair). I do believe it's not smooth to publish any private conversations, but then again people should put things into perspective a bit more. Not only does any such threats (from Dennis) put the community unnecessarily on 'sharp' (in a negative way, lots of negativity will flow around for the next days), I actually believe he might not have such a strong case towards Mrs. Bain (I doubt he would speak for Acer by proclaiming such actions, and if he does then he really has no clue). If for any reason the contracts between contract-parties have non-disclosure clauses, obviously (legal) rules are broken (freedom of contract); however, it depends on who signed what contract whether someone is guilty of breaking such rules stated in the mutually agreed contract (a contract between Acer and Dennis 'Take' would have no legal force towards Mrs. Bain, therefore she needs to be party in a separate contract herself; it would obviously be the joke of the day if Take would threaten Mrs. Bain based on a contract where he's no legal party off). And even then, if eventually she would be to blame for something, one of the foremost reasons why e-sports related conflicts (almost) never get in front of a legal court is because the involved interests for the contracted parties don't weigh up against all the time, effort and costs any such scenario would take up.

I hope this is in no way the beginning of the end of Axiom, nor the beginning of hell breaking loose within the community/industry...
Rock-solid, heart-touching.
ladysman09
Profile Joined June 2013
237 Posts
August 16 2013 04:29 GMT
#31
What's the difference? TB is married so Genna will be ordering him around anyway. Everyone knows marriage is signing your soul away to the woman.

Although TB has the manager title we all know who the real boss is behind the scenes.
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
August 16 2013 04:29 GMT
#32
I don't think this is that big a deal, she is married to the guy she's passing control over to...
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 04:46:45
August 16 2013 04:36 GMT
#33
So wait, from what I understand, how was it professional for Genna to make a sensationalist blog post
"AxiomHate 2013 : The ATC Edition"
and openly broadcast private emails in the first place? Even the so called "threats" is actually

"[6:51:33 AM] Dennis.Gehlen: actually i hope that by law
[6:51:40 AM] Dennis.Gehlen: this is something you can get punnished for?"

Where Dennis says that he HOPES that this is something you can get punished for, which I wouldn't blame the guy for since releasing private emails (which is considered legal binding in some areas) can be construed as infringement on individual / corporate rights. Not to mention that was also a part of a private conversation that Dennis did not broadcast nor actually seek legal action (at least to what we know).

From what I've seen she seems to be good with the team and ran it well, but I don't see how this hate on Dennis is justified.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
DeathDyingDoomKiller
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada91 Posts
August 16 2013 04:37 GMT
#34
TOTAL BISCUIT!!!! oh wait, will this interfere with his YouTube D:
Join the League of Evil. We have Murder, Evil, Blood, Grim Reaping, Killing, Death, Dying, Doom, Black, Dark Red, John Boehner, Reaper, Slaughter, and Kill-Death.
Nomzter
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden2802 Posts
August 16 2013 04:38 GMT
#35
How the fuck can TB do so much work???
xtyxtbx
Profile Joined December 2011
United States53 Posts
August 16 2013 04:39 GMT
#36
Never was a T.B. fan. I respect him for his hard work in the e-sports community, but sometimes he just lets trolls get the best of him and goes on a freak out. I seen him do it once or twice, so i'm not really confident with the direction Axiom is going.
Health of marine with combat sheild = 55. Ht's storm damage = 80. What blizzard?
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
August 16 2013 04:39 GMT
#37
On August 16 2013 13:37 DeathDyingDoomKiller wrote:
TOTAL BISCUIT!!!! oh wait, will this interfere with his YouTube D:


I'm guessing he's just going to make like vlogs on it and drive up traffic to his youtubes, all press is good press.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
P7GAB
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada486 Posts
August 16 2013 04:42 GMT
#38
wow.... daamn definatley cant be a good thing
ssxsilver
Profile Joined June 2007
United States4409 Posts
August 16 2013 04:42 GMT
#39
On August 16 2013 13:39 xtyxtbx wrote:
Never was a T.B. fan. I respect him for his hard work in the e-sports community, but sometimes he just lets trolls get the best of him and goes on a freak out. I seen him do it once or twice, so i'm not really confident with the direction Axiom is going.

You mean once or twice... a thread?
In any case, kinda sad to see her go given that she seems to be a really nice person.
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
August 16 2013 04:43 GMT
#40
This is insane. I can't believe this..
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 11651
StarCastTV_EN238
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 311
Lowko226
ProTech88
Rex 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 8404
EffOrt 3872
BeSt 1260
Larva 1035
Hyuk 689
Horang2 675
ZerO 669
Zeus 208
Hyun 195
Killer 135
[ Show more ]
Light 133
Stork 133
Barracks 111
Rush 71
Shinee 44
Yoon 40
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 30
Terrorterran 24
Mong 23
PianO 21
Sacsri 17
HiyA 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
sorry 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 655
XcaliburYe344
League of Legends
KnowMe37
Counter-Strike
byalli817
Other Games
singsing2001
olofmeister1450
crisheroes234
Livibee183
Sick147
ArmadaUGS53
Mew2King53
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 167
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1900
• Stunt426
Other Games
• WagamamaTV156
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
36m
Rex35
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.