• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:41
CEST 10:41
KST 17:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12289 users

WCS Finals stream viewer numbers (peak: 78k) - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 12 2013 16:14 GMT
#61
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.

It will pass. I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about a game putting up great numbers for a single weekend. A lot of people watch America Idol, but people didn't throw up their hands not stop making other shows.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Crytash
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany251 Posts
August 12 2013 16:24 GMT
#62
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.
Words are small, but game is BIG
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33701 Posts
August 12 2013 16:25 GMT
#63
viewership fluctuates heavily depending on who is playing in the finals, shocking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings#ABC_.28also_ESPN_on_ABC.29_.282002-.29
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
seoul_kiM
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States545 Posts
August 12 2013 16:30 GMT
#64
I think this is awesome for e-Sports. There were consistently 10k-20k+ viewers every day for the premier league for WCS in EU/NA and I would assume close numbers or more for KR. On top of that SC2 garnered 60-80k viewers for the finals weekend. That's a great consistent base for a league type of tournament with multiple seasons, group stages, and finals days.

The DOTA2 International was a one weekend event that really showed the strength of number with (it looks like) over a million viewers. This is incredible with people all around the world watching.

Combine those two with the weekly LCS matches in NA/EU that get over 100k viewers. I'm sure there's overlap among the three games but still, that's a ton of people watching e-Sports. There's a big weekend for LCS coming up in LoL and then there's the Global Finals coming up as well.

ESports is healthy and I am a supporter of all games. I started off my eSports involvement with CS 1.6, SC:BW, SC2, DOTA, DOTA2, and now LoL. CS 1.6 used to be huge with close to 100k viewers for CPL, IEM, etc., but now we can get over 100k viewers on a weekly basis. That's incredible!! And with over a million viewers for a special e-Sports weekend, that's unheard of. I'm excited for the growth of eSports in general with these numbers. That's great for the companies that have invested in ads and supporting eSports, and there's great potential for more.
oGs.MC: Repair IMBAAAAAAAAAAa
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 12 2013 16:31 GMT
#65
Also, just in. The Sky is blue and water is wet. Death and taxes are still impossible to avoid, though people are working hard on the second one.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Eury
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden1126 Posts
August 12 2013 16:34 GMT
#66
On August 13 2013 01:24 Crytash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.


What are you talking about?
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
August 12 2013 16:39 GMT
#67
On August 12 2013 22:51 Stijn wrote:

Some graphs:

WCS EU Finals Day 1



well that quote sums it up quite perfectly, without an x-axis it is really hard to obtain information from this. it is much more informative if you put times in CEST, KST and EDT there just to see which region might be watching!
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
Stijn
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands363 Posts
August 12 2013 16:40 GMT
#68
Just figured out how to reliably do x-axes The OP has them in CEST, you can choose different timezones at the site itself.
http://www.fuzic.nl - Up-to-date viewer numbers for Starcraft 2 live streams
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
August 12 2013 16:48 GMT
#69
Honestly the numbers were higher than I was expecting... really good to see. SC2 most certainly is not dying in any sense of the word, no matter how bipolar the scene can be
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
August 12 2013 16:49 GMT
#70
I thought the numbers were better than expected and didn't really see much of a dip from going against TI3. Though really only wcs AM went against it and it was getting 40k which is around what I'd expect with even no TI3 on. I myself watched wcs and only watched 1 1/2 games of dota the entire international. Sadly, the two games I saw were the huge throws by throwfu and orange.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Crytash
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany251 Posts
August 12 2013 16:50 GMT
#71
On August 13 2013 01:34 Eury wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 01:24 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.


What are you talking about?


Go troll someone else. I will not talk about the complexity difference of a team game vs single player game.
Words are small, but game is BIG
Putty
Profile Joined September 2012
210 Posts
August 12 2013 16:50 GMT
#72
On August 12 2013 23:29 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Wcs eu finals 2012: 125k
Wcs eu finals 2013 season 1: 80k
Wcs eu finals 2013 season 2: 78k

Dropping? ... -_-


You are comparing two different things.

The 2012 wcs eu finals were way more "important" then a simple seasonal final. It's a year vs 3 months.

If you look at major events like dreamhack they easly reach the 100k in the final day...
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
August 12 2013 16:54 GMT
#73
On August 13 2013 01:25 Waxangel wrote:
viewership fluctuates heavily depending on who is playing in the finals, shocking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings#ABC_.28also_ESPN_on_ABC.29_.282002-.29

Wait. What?! You mean people would rather see Heat v. Spurs as opposed to Pacers v. Grizzlies? This is certainly news to me.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
August 12 2013 16:57 GMT
#74
On August 13 2013 01:50 Crytash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 01:34 Eury wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:24 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.


What are you talking about?


Go troll someone else. I will not talk about the complexity difference of a team game vs single player game.


You seem confused Crytash
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 12 2013 16:59 GMT
#75
On August 13 2013 01:57 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 01:50 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:34 Eury wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:24 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.


What are you talking about?


Go troll someone else. I will not talk about the complexity difference of a team game vs single player game.


You seem confused Crytash

Yeah, I am not really sure what he is talking about. I think Eury insulted...someone? I am not sure who, though.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Cyrak
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada536 Posts
August 12 2013 17:06 GMT
#76
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


Because Starcraft is intrinsically superior to moba games!! A more accurate analogy is a hipster vegan restaurant that no one attends because it is too obnoxious getting less traffic than the restaurant across the street and attributing said lack of traffic to the moral/cultural/intellectual inferiority of diners rather than taking a look in the mirror.
Fortune favors the prepared mind.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 12 2013 17:06 GMT
#77
On August 12 2013 23:24 winthrop wrote:
the people in eu scene seem to enjoy PvP~

Finals were really good even if its PvP. The matchup has changed a lot from the mass colossi late game.

On August 12 2013 23:29 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Wcs eu finals 2012: 125k
Wcs eu finals 2013 season 1: 80k
Wcs eu finals 2013 season 2: 78k

Dropping? ... -_-

It was MC vs Duckdeok. Last time, it was mvp vs stephano. 2 fan favourites to 1 fan favourite = lower numbers.

Thanks OP. Love the graphs. Numbers are always interesting in this situation. Interesting to see EU bring higher than AM but makes sense.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Crytash
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany251 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-12 17:15:26
August 12 2013 17:12 GMT
#78
On August 13 2013 01:59 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 01:57 nkr wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:50 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:34 Eury wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:24 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.


What are you talking about?


Go troll someone else. I will not talk about the complexity difference of a team game vs single player game.


You seem confused Crytash

Yeah, I am not really sure what he is talking about. I think Eury insulted...someone? I am not sure who, though.


Comparing Dota 2 with MC Donalds (as in cheap food, bad working envrioment etc. pp.) is a clear insult to a whole community.

edit: you see the post two above? That comment was only written becouse of Eury s post. This will could evolve to a flame/troll thread only becouse he had to use such a bad metaphor
Words are small, but game is BIG
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 12 2013 17:14 GMT
#79
On August 13 2013 02:12 Crytash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 01:59 Plansix wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:57 nkr wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:50 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:34 Eury wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:24 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.


What are you talking about?


Go troll someone else. I will not talk about the complexity difference of a team game vs single player game.


You seem confused Crytash

Yeah, I am not really sure what he is talking about. I think Eury insulted...someone? I am not sure who, though.


Comparing Dota 2 with MC Donalds (as in cheap food, bad working envrioment etc. pp.) is a clear insult to a whole community.

All right, clearly you read into that to much, he didn't want to shit on that community. He was pointing out that it had high sales numbers, like Dota 2, but that the other estaurant shouldn't pay attention to their sales numbers and just focus on themselves.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Eury
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden1126 Posts
August 12 2013 17:16 GMT
#80
On August 13 2013 02:12 Crytash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2013 01:59 Plansix wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:57 nkr wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:50 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:34 Eury wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:24 Crytash wrote:
On August 13 2013 01:09 Eury wrote:
People should stop focusing so much on moba games and what numbers they are getting, and instead worry about our own community and game. If I run a 3 star restaurant I don't look at what the guys over at McDonalds are doing even though they are much popular.


This is on so many level wrong and insulting, that i am not sure if you troll or realy think that way.


What are you talking about?


Go troll someone else. I will not talk about the complexity difference of a team game vs single player game.


You seem confused Crytash

Yeah, I am not really sure what he is talking about. I think Eury insulted...someone? I am not sure who, though.


Comparing Dota 2 with MC Donalds (as in cheap food, bad working envrioment etc. pp.) is a clear insult to a whole community.


What do you have against McDonalds? At least the swedish branch is just fine for fast food and my point was largely regarding its popularity, but sure fast food tend to also be cheaper and quicker to get than some high end restaurant food.Moba games are also cheaper than SC 2 and easier to get into.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 923
soO 429
Hyuk 416
Mini 220
ZerO 138
Killer 61
Shinee 49
Mind 34
Bale 28
Mong 24
[ Show more ]
PianO 22
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
HiyA 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 796
XcaliburYe320
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli533
Other Games
olofmeister827
ceh9633
Happy378
Livibee180
crisheroes171
Mew2King64
ArmadaUGS58
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick584
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH377
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2283
League of Legends
• Jankos1365
• Rush1205
• Stunt411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 19m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.