• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:06
CEST 13:06
KST 20:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11748 users

Evil Geniuses Releases Greg "IdrA" Fields - Page 88

Forum Index > SC2 General
4974 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 249 Next
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
May 10 2013 02:22 GMT
#1741
On May 10 2013 11:15 TheExile19 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 11:11 Lysenko wrote:
On May 10 2013 11:06 snakeeyez wrote:
It just kind of feels like they should have told him whatever he was doing wrong and let him try to change it first.


The EG folks have been working with Idra for years on these types of issues, trying to reduce their frequency.


if this is actually true, I really hope we've seen the last of him. I assumed he got free rein and this was the result, but...this is idra after attempted reform? that is the definition of toxic player and toxic attitude, and regardless of past accomplishments, you can't be a shitlord to the community and your team without actually producing anything.


Well, as I said a couple pages ago, I would guess that what we see of Idra's behavior is a reflection of stuff going on either elsewhere in his life or just internally. His behavior causes all kinds of problems for the people around him, but it's always possible that he'll be able to pull things together at some point. A lot of people go through bad times in their lives and get past them.

So, I won't fault EG for their decision, I'll appreciate what Idra has in fact done for the Starcraft scene over the years, and I'll hope for him to find better times in his own life, however he has to do that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
Comogury
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States412 Posts
May 10 2013 02:23 GMT
#1742
No one ever wants to do this kind of thing to someone who has been there for years. I'm sure EG and idra were on good terms throughout the whole time he was there. However, teams will always look in the best interests of their team. If letting idra go will help the team out, then it has to happen. This kind of thing happens in many sports teams.
PviLLe3
Profile Joined January 2012
United States305 Posts
May 10 2013 02:23 GMT
#1743
you guys think he still gets fired if he advanced in his group yesterday?
IMMABEASTBRUH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States271 Posts
May 10 2013 02:23 GMT
#1744
On May 10 2013 11:22 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 11:20 TheProphet_ wrote:
Thank god! I hated EG for supporting such a terrible and negative person who spent his time spilling hatred and bad vibes around. If he was any good it might justify keeping him but its been years since he could even beat anyone. Now i can be neutral towards EG.


"Any good" being the best american player for several years.

I never understood the SC2 community's mindset on player skill.


Even at his peak, this was debatable. He hasn't done will in a major event in two years.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
May 10 2013 02:24 GMT
#1745
On May 10 2013 11:12 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 11:08 BakedButters wrote:
Lost respect for Incontrol. I dont understand why you would support his behavior. True he is popular because of it, but he will eventually cross the line. Instead should of tried to help him get in a better mental state while still being edgy


Lost respect for me because I didn't "fix" idra? And how did I support IdrA's behavior?

O_O


Geoff, is this really a done deal?

From watching SoTG today, it seemed like a really sudden move. Talk to your boy, bring him back into the fold!
Conut
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1026 Posts
May 10 2013 02:24 GMT
#1746
On May 10 2013 11:23 PviLLe3 wrote:
you guys think he still gets fired if he advanced in his group yesterday?


no, he probably wouldnt have said that if he made it through his group
Sc2 always got your back
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 10 2013 02:25 GMT
#1747
On May 10 2013 11:12 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 11:08 BakedButters wrote:
Lost respect for Incontrol. I dont understand why you would support his behavior. True he is popular because of it, but he will eventually cross the line. Instead should of tried to help him get in a better mental state while still being edgy


Lost respect for me because I didn't "fix" idra? And how did I support IdrA's behavior?

O_O


Don't listen to him! You're damn awesome man! Idra is just upsetting people because of his lack of results--they'd be on his crotch in a second if he had won MLG's or Dreamhacks, but the truth is that those are almost impossible to win also due to Korean dominance.

Its an unfair hand to be dealt, and I hope he finds something that makes him happy--but don't mind these haters; you're still the heart of EG!
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
May 10 2013 02:25 GMT
#1748
On May 10 2013 11:22 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 11:20 TheProphet_ wrote:
Thank god! I hated EG for supporting such a terrible and negative person who spent his time spilling hatred and bad vibes around. If he was any good it might justify keeping him but its been years since he could even beat anyone. Now i can be neutral towards EG.


"Any good" being the best american player several years ago.

I never understood the SC2 community's mindset on player skill.


Fixed. This is really how your statement should read. He hasn't been relevant for a long time competitively.
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
StevenWang
Profile Joined December 2012
United States33 Posts
May 10 2013 02:25 GMT
#1749
I heard from a close friend of Katy Torg that he has hit her and got physical with her. He needs mental help, and it is clear as day. EG cannot help him, they tried. Even hired a psychiatrist for him.

User was warned for this post
Stay Fly, Stay High. http://shop.litofficial.com
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 02:28:22
May 10 2013 02:26 GMT
#1750

for 12:20~
I'm not sure why the embed isn't working atm.

Honestly though, it would be very sad to see Idra stop StarCraft.
I remember watching videos of him smiling back in his CJentus days~
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
CypherX
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 02:28:15
May 10 2013 02:26 GMT
#1751
On May 10 2013 11:25 StevenWang wrote:
I heard from a close friend of Katy Torg that he has hit her and got physical with her. He needs mental help, and it is clear as day. EG cannot help him, they tried. Even hired a psychiatrist for him.

That's called hearsay.
I heard from a close personal friend of yours that your full of shit?
Confirm?

See how that doesn't quite work?
Don't learn to play, Play to learn
SavageReborn
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 02:29:15
May 10 2013 02:27 GMT
#1752
I guess it's time to finally use up my 100th post:

Greg was the first player that I was a "fan" of, and a player who I followed and rooted for in all my games. I remember at the start of starcraft 2 I would always watch either streams of his tournament games or vods. I wasn't even a Zerg player back then, I just found him to be a player that was hardworking and at times he would have to vent out his frustration because things were not going the way he wanted them to go.

Over the past few years his results have deteriorated, yet his personality has remained the same. I have always been a fan, but I won't lie when I say that after all these years I was beginning to feel some sense of detachment, due to the way he treated not only his opponents, not only the game, but himself. Everytime Greg would leave a game early or just rage at his opponents or the game, I felt as if he didn't believe in himself, where starcraft became less of a passion that he enjoyed, but a job which he despised. Well his recent comments haven't really helped in that regard, but I guess as a fan I took any other criticism with a grain of salt.

As for this decision to drop him from the team, I fully understand their decision. He was a toxic player, not only to others, but to the image of the team as a whole. If a player is unable to uphold what the team wishes to represent then it is up to the team to try and fix this, which EG have proven to have tried to do, or in the end to release the player. I won't say that it was a good decision, but I understand why it was made. Greg will always be an EG player to me, he is the reason why I started rooting for EG in the first place. To have him gone from the team feels really abnormal, but I guess it was the best both for Greg who probably needed sometime away from the scene anyway, and for the team as a whole.

I wish all the best for both EG and Greg "Idra" Fields, I'll still keep rooting for them both.
Savage1 on irc.rizon.net || UWA Anime Club: www.uwanime.org
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
May 10 2013 02:27 GMT
#1753
On May 10 2013 11:25 StevenWang wrote:
I heard from a close friend of Katy Torg that he has hit her and got physical with her. He needs mental help, and it is clear as day. EG cannot help him, they tried. Even hired a psychiatrist for him.


My dad works for Nintendo.
Cereal
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
May 10 2013 02:27 GMT
#1754
On May 10 2013 11:25 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Don't listen to him! You're damn awesome man! Idra is just upsetting people because of his lack of results--they'd be on his crotch in a second if he had won MLG's or Dreamhacks


Naniwa did quite well at Dreamhack, but he's still a guy with a lot of impulse control and mood problems that make him not very likeable. I don't think winning fixes that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
MadProbe
Profile Joined February 2012
United States269 Posts
May 10 2013 02:27 GMT
#1755
You let the haters bully you into firing your greatest asset -- for a one-line post that hardly anyone knew about.

Smart.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
May 10 2013 02:27 GMT
#1756
I'm glad this happened and am surprised it didn't happen sooner. The guy is nothing but a negative. He's not getting better, he's not making improvements, and he never even talks about being better. He is always spiteful and hateful and only talks about how much he hates the game that pays his bills. I sincerely hope no team or sponsors want to sign him because these things will not change, but I find that doubtful.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
May 10 2013 02:28 GMT
#1757
On May 10 2013 11:22 Lysenko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 11:15 TheExile19 wrote:
On May 10 2013 11:11 Lysenko wrote:
On May 10 2013 11:06 snakeeyez wrote:
It just kind of feels like they should have told him whatever he was doing wrong and let him try to change it first.


The EG folks have been working with Idra for years on these types of issues, trying to reduce their frequency.


if this is actually true, I really hope we've seen the last of him. I assumed he got free rein and this was the result, but...this is idra after attempted reform? that is the definition of toxic player and toxic attitude, and regardless of past accomplishments, you can't be a shitlord to the community and your team without actually producing anything.


Well, as I said a couple pages ago, I would guess that what we see of Idra's behavior is a reflection of stuff going on either elsewhere in his life or just internally. His behavior causes all kinds of problems for the people around him, but it's always possible that he'll be able to pull things together at some point. A lot of people go through bad times in their lives and get past them.

So, I won't fault EG for their decision, I'll appreciate what Idra has in fact done for the Starcraft scene over the years, and I'll hope for him to find better times in his own life, however he has to do that.


It's just who the guy is. Perhaps he should get away from gaming in general because assuming what you say is accurate the guy's been like that ever since we met him in BW. Shit man. I don't see how people still don't get that and I'm pretty sure they knew what they were getting with him unlike SDM when he brought him into the eSTRO house. lol That tournament Dan and SDM hosted was hilarious because SDM blew a gasket when he found out about IdrA rage.
Hammer442
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia749 Posts
May 10 2013 02:28 GMT
#1758
On May 10 2013 11:24 Conut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 11:23 PviLLe3 wrote:
you guys think he still gets fired if he advanced in his group yesterday?


no, he probably wouldnt have said that if he made it through his group

What he said on TL was said before his groups yesterday.
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
May 10 2013 02:29 GMT
#1759
Him and Destiny should team up and take down LoL.
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
Names
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada328 Posts
May 10 2013 02:29 GMT
#1760
wow... honestly never thought this would happen. I am shocked. Hope some team picks him up and perhaps he makes a comeback!
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 249 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings99
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko207
ProTech132
SHIN 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3759
Hyuk 1175
Mind 954
Shuttle 862
Bisu 786
Larva 631
Mini 178
Soma 130
EffOrt 118
Leta 106
[ Show more ]
Last 105
firebathero 94
Zeus 88
Hyun 74
ZerO 63
Pusan 60
sorry 42
PianO 41
Sexy 38
Hm[arnc] 37
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 31
Bale 31
Aegong 22
yabsab 15
hero 13
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe654
XaKoH 459
Dendi0
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1439
Other Games
gofns34610
singsing2272
B2W.Neo306
crisheroes293
OGKoka 201
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS63
Livibee51
ZerO(Twitch)5
DeMusliM2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• Gemini_19 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8444
League of Legends
• Jankos1508
• Stunt848
Other Games
• WagamamaTV9
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 54m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.