• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7808 users

New Maps for 2013 Ladder Season 3 - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
455 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
April 26 2013 14:04 GMT
#301
Awesome to see new maps <3. Finally daybreak is gone!
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
uLysSeS1
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany210 Posts
April 26 2013 14:06 GMT
#302
what.... klontas and zerus both have a back entrance to the natural? two maps that are straight up horrible in PvZ due to one stupid design choice? WHY?
derp.
StreetWise
Profile Joined January 2010
United States594 Posts
April 26 2013 14:06 GMT
#303
I voted thumbs up to map removal, but I felt the need to say that I will miss daybreak and I reading this thread I see I am not alone on this. It was an old tired map, but I felt that there still are many good games played on it and it was balanced as well as any map out there. Other than this I love all these changes. Maybe we should have a #savedaybreak campaign?
I will not be poisoned by your bitterness
FlukyS
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Ireland485 Posts
April 26 2013 14:19 GMT
#304
Removing daybreak makes me sad. The first map seems ok but the second one wow that looks like a nightmare for ZvZ and its already such a rush based match up in HoTS because people all in if they don't want to go muta vs muta, plus early pools look like they would be super good. As for the other two id have to play on them to get an opinion but the third one looks like its really easy to get expansions as a protoss or terran and I really don't like maps where they can get 3 base uncontested. Plus the filtering all of the bases into the middle makes it really hard to attack if they zone out that area with tanks or mass mines and slow push you to death.
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
April 26 2013 14:34 GMT
#305
On April 26 2013 23:06 StreetWise wrote:
I voted thumbs up to map removal, but I felt the need to say that I will miss daybreak and I reading this thread I see I am not alone on this. It was an old tired map, but I felt that there still are many good games played on it and it was balanced as well as any map out there. Other than this I love all these changes. Maybe we should have a #savedaybreak campaign?


You mean like when everybody demanded Metalopolis back and immediately regretted it? :D
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
April 26 2013 14:44 GMT
#306
Really really really nice
Kowai01
Profile Joined March 2013
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 14:45:54
April 26 2013 14:45 GMT
#307
I dont like (2)Klontas Mire TE. It encourages Cheese to much and its very broken with the current STate of medivac drops since the distance is so close would much rather have all Tourny maps rather than random maps made by blizzard.
Kowai is different than Kawaii!
FCReverie
Profile Joined April 2013
Australia103 Posts
April 26 2013 14:57 GMT
#308
On April 26 2013 21:51 IcemanAsi wrote:
Mire is, intresting?

The meta for such a small rush distance simply does not exist. So I don't want to go all 'Broken!' and 'IMBA!!#!', but as far as I remmber from the early days of 'steppes of war' Zerg doesn't do that great in those scenrios.
But that was a LONG time ago, and even thou HotS didn't change zergs early game we do have very diffrent queens and unit and building timings are diffrent now.

I'm actually for it, I just hope they throw a balance test version before they put it into the pool so we can fool around with it and see if it's actually still broken to have such close spawns. This is the one place I would add a new kind of destructiable terrain ( the bridge itself ) allowing one player to actually destory the bridge in mid-game.

I agree here with this attitude. It's a new map style altogether different from anything we have seen for a long time. Things like 4 gate and bunkers have been nerfed since we had a map with such a small distance and it could cause some really interesting games.

It's a shame I know that most people will veto it after about 2 games :/
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
April 26 2013 15:01 GMT
#309
--- Nuked ---
zkeller51
Profile Joined September 2012
United States25 Posts
April 26 2013 15:03 GMT
#310
noooo daybreakkkkkk why couldn't it be whirlwind????
MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
April 26 2013 15:06 GMT
#311
On April 27 2013 00:01 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2013 23:06 uLysSeS1 wrote:
what.... klontas and zerus both have a back entrance to the natural? two maps that are straight up horrible in PvZ due to one stupid design choice? WHY?

Ohana had rocks. Metropolis had rocks. Akilon Wastes currently has rocks. There isn't a problem with them as long as you remain aware of them...


The rocks are kind of in an awkward place compared to where the Protoss Wallin would be. Not really the case with those other maps. As a zerg I noticed it immediately, and ideas started coming on how I could possibly exploit that. Currently my theorycrafting involves swarmhosts and nydus worms.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
April 26 2013 15:09 GMT
#312
--- Nuked ---
MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
April 26 2013 15:27 GMT
#313
On April 27 2013 00:09 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2013 00:06 MstrJinbo wrote:
On April 27 2013 00:01 Sated wrote:
On April 26 2013 23:06 uLysSeS1 wrote:
what.... klontas and zerus both have a back entrance to the natural? two maps that are straight up horrible in PvZ due to one stupid design choice? WHY?

Ohana had rocks. Metropolis had rocks. Akilon Wastes currently has rocks. There isn't a problem with them as long as you remain aware of them...


The rocks are kind of in an awkward place compared to where the Protoss Wallin would be. Not really the case with those other maps. As a zerg I noticed it immediately, and ideas started coming on how I could possibly exploit that. Currently my theorycrafting involves swarmhosts and nydus worms.

You can't exploit it unless the Protoss screws up. It takes a single Pylon to cover the rocks, and once you see them taking damage you do something about it...


Probably, I certainly don't see stuff like roaches doing a damn thing. This is not like blistering sands with the backdoor in the main.
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
April 26 2013 15:34 GMT
#314
Klontas Mire seems interesting
AKMU / IU
Jampackedeon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2053 Posts
April 26 2013 15:49 GMT
#315
Well, I know which one I'm thumbing down....
AlieN_
Profile Joined January 2013
Poland9 Posts
April 26 2013 16:00 GMT
#316
I see this early muta on Klontas Mire
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 16:17:46
April 26 2013 16:14 GMT
#317
The only decent map here is Reclamation and that is made borderline retarded by having high yield minerals.

Why do they even bother with this shit when there is an army of nerds willing to make maps for contests?

Also why is everyone voting up the Derelicte map? That is probably the most boring circle syndrome map I've seen in a while. Guess people vote based on aesthetics. At least its better than Newkirk
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
PanzerElite
Profile Joined May 2012
540 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-26 16:20:08
April 26 2013 16:19 GMT
#318
On April 27 2013 00:03 zkeller51 wrote:
noooo daybreakkkkkk why couldn't it be whirlwind ????

whirlwind = good map, daybreak makes me puke juggg
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
April 26 2013 16:26 GMT
#319
On April 27 2013 00:03 zkeller51 wrote:
noooo daybreakkkkkk why couldn't it be whirlwind????


Cause Daybreak is super old and boring, Whirlwind is new and provides exciting games.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
April 26 2013 16:44 GMT
#320
On April 26 2013 23:45 Kowai01 wrote:
I dont like (2)Klontas Mire TE. It encourages Cheese to much and its very broken with the current STate of medivac drops since the distance is so close would much rather have all Tourny maps rather than random maps made by blizzard.

we need very diffent maps, that why i like this map. In WoL we only played pretty similar maps, for this reason we saw too many same games.
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 444
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1138
actioN 461
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 91
Zeus 65
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 25
Sexy 25
ToSsGirL 21
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
JYJ 19
Shine 18
NaDa 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7921
qojqva2095
Dendi733
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1200
Fnx 727
x6flipin456
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu743
Other Games
Beastyqt745
B2W.Neo592
ceh9495
byalli368
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0148
Khaldor128
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr56
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 40
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3921
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• WagamamaTV391
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 57m
Stellar Fest
18h 57m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.