• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:48
CEST 10:48
KST 17:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11716 users

New Maps for 2013 Ladder Season 3 - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
455 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 All
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
May 05 2013 21:08 GMT
#441
I really like Klontas Mire for mech, same with Derelict Watcher, but there's no way I can ever play Zerus, I just don't like it at all.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
AllSalesFinal
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States211 Posts
May 05 2013 21:36 GMT
#442
Klontas Mire is my new favorite map. I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the design of it and how my games have played out so far. Anyone else having really good experiences with this map?
| MMA | Flash | Polt |
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
May 05 2013 21:39 GMT
#443
So after playing the new maps for a bit, I think I'm gonna have Klontas Mire TE be the one I don't veto. This leaves my veto choices being: Derelict Watcher TE, Zerus Prime TE, and Star Station.

The terrain layout of Derelict Watcher felt incredibly off to me and Zerus... well, I'm not sure how anyone could enjoy playing on that map, but then again people played on maps like Condemned Ridge. o.o Klontas, while a bit weird, at least flowed well IMO and offers some decent opportunities for things like mech, as some people have noted in this thread.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
synd
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria586 Posts
May 05 2013 21:45 GMT
#444
After a week with the new maps - I can't hold it in me. I JUST HAVE TO VOMIT.
Terrible maps.
I thought Star Station was bad... but this. Oh god....
From the 3 maps - everyone of them is horrible.
They removed Daybreak to add new way worse maps? Good job there, I guess.
Never expected less from Blizzard. AT LEAST THEY HAVE MANY ROCKS,AMIRITE?
Kfish
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Chile282 Posts
May 05 2013 22:22 GMT
#445
Klontas Mire reminds me of Scrap Station but instead of having the destructible rocks at the center, we have a small small path.

I liked Scrap Station better, fun fun games
JIJI_
Profile Joined October 2010
United States123 Posts
May 06 2013 05:12 GMT
#446
Personally I prefer maps that are simple yet fairly balanced.

Maps like klontas or zerus are more complex than say a star station or day break, but as a result people can abuse the terrain to make blink and reaper all-ins way more effective than they should reasonably be. Also maps should not be overly complex and overwhelming - even as a Master's player I am slightly overwhelmed with say a zerus where there are 18 bases it's impossible to keep tabs on what my opponent is doing....I cannot imagine somebody newer to the game enjoying it very much. There is middle ground, but maps can be too big imo....maps like Day Break or Neo planet is constant action which I enjoy and it is possible to constantly scout what your opponent is taking base wise and is much more back and forth rather than take 4 easy bases and then do battle.

I didn't veto any of the new maps, but I am not exactly thrilled with them.

Star station and Neo planet S are my favorite of the current pool.
All hail King IdrA!
FCReverie
Profile Joined April 2013
Australia103 Posts
May 06 2013 19:56 GMT
#447
On May 06 2013 06:00 grumpyone wrote:
After just losing to 2rax proxy reaper on Klontas Mire (as Zerg), I'm just going to say that that map is really good for reapers...

I'd say that Star Station is still the best reaper map though. Close spawns on that map the normal reaper sometimes gets there just as the pool finishes.
RandomAccount#282689
Profile Joined September 2012
42 Posts
May 06 2013 20:02 GMT
#448
--- Nuked ---
FCReverie
Profile Joined April 2013
Australia103 Posts
May 06 2013 20:09 GMT
#449
On May 07 2013 05:02 Jalued wrote:
Does anyone know how to prevent the toss placing proxy pylons on Klontis mire? They can put them behind the rocks (south of the natural) and there is nothing that terran can do about it until warpgate appears...

This map pool is shite...

Can your break down the rocks ahead of time vs a 2 base all in? vs a 1 base all in you should already know it's coming and be prepared because he wont have expanded.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
May 06 2013 20:13 GMT
#450
Really not liking this new map pool. Klontas Mire is actually okay but the rest are not fun at all. Zerus is really boring and turtly and Derelict Watcher is way too open, making the popular upgraded ling style even stronger. I kinda wish they didn't remove Newkirk now. I would way rather have that than either of these new maps.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
RandomAccount#282689
Profile Joined September 2012
42 Posts
May 06 2013 20:13 GMT
#451
--- Nuked ---
FCReverie
Profile Joined April 2013
Australia103 Posts
May 06 2013 20:19 GMT
#452
On May 07 2013 05:13 Jalued wrote:
You can prepare for it but because of the position of the natural you can only hold on 1 base. I'm sure there are ways to get around it but the entire situation is tiresome and I don't have the patience to play on such a stupid map

Yeah it's a shame terran buildings can't fly away if they are in a bad spot vs a 1 base all in :/ Even if you can't hold the base you can float it out, save the scvs and when they go to expo push back out.
RandomAccount#282689
Profile Joined September 2012
42 Posts
May 06 2013 20:21 GMT
#453
--- Nuked ---
AKomrade
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States582 Posts
May 06 2013 20:30 GMT
#454
Klontas Mire is mindbogglingly bad. And that Watcher (SS template) map makes no sense. Can't wait until the TL map tournament finishes.
ALL HAIL THE KING IN THE NORTH! HAIL! HAIL!
Baum
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1010 Posts
May 07 2013 14:31 GMT
#455
Gosh these new maps are so bad. It really annoys the shit out of me how Blizzard is making it look like they are trying to make tournament level maps now but what they are actually doing is making the same shitty maps as before. Maybe it's going to be even worse because they will force WCS organizers to use those maps in their tournament. Why are we still not having a solid system of implementing community made maps in the ladder pool?
I want to be with those who share secret things or else alone.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
May 07 2013 14:34 GMT
#456
So I have decided that zerus and the green one are two of the worst maps I have played on since blizzard added like 4 of their shitty maps (including a really terrible 4 player fire map) way way back in 2011. Now all I have to choose is whether I veto star station or the new map with the same tileset, which has the worst designed map center I have seen in a long time. Oh well I guess I'll have to start practicing 2 base allins again for star station, because the 3 other ones are so fucking bad I'll never ever want to play on them again.
Prev 1 21 22 23 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 1026
soO 432
Hyuk 402
Mini 225
ZerO 147
Killer 61
Shinee 49
Mind 36
Bale 29
Mong 26
[ Show more ]
PianO 25
Terrorterran 14
yabsab 12
HiyA 11
ZergMaN 11
Dota 2
XaKoH 667
XcaliburYe336
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli550
Other Games
olofmeister906
ceh9639
Happy372
singsing372
Livibee194
crisheroes191
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH372
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Jankos1351
• Rush1315
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 12m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.