• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:16
CEST 12:16
KST 19:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9245 users

GameHeart Overlay 2.0 - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 45 Next All
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 15:09:11
April 05 2013 15:08 GMT
#261
Once more: Great stuff! Well done and congrats for making it into GSTL!

Maybe this is also an approach for the virtual jersey initiative from TotalBiscuit?

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=368588

And maybe talking to Blizzard could help deeper integration into the client as well. I'm sure they saw it.

The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
SigmaFiE
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States333 Posts
April 05 2013 15:38 GMT
#262
Everyone so far seems to be enjoying this. If this were included as a normal part of the map making process at any level of melee map-- would you the community like to see it implemented?

Poll: Should GameHeart be normal inclusion for all melee maps?

Yes (48)
 
92%

No (4)
 
8%

52 total votes

Your vote: Should GameHeart be normal inclusion for all melee maps?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No


https://johnemerson.artstation.com/
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 16:20:20
April 05 2013 16:14 GMT
#263
@Proseat - Currently I am against adding actual sponsor logos to the overlay. I don't want the logos to get out of hand and many people already think they are.
Gameheart
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
April 05 2013 16:16 GMT
#264
On April 06 2013 01:14 GameHeart wrote:
@Proseat - Currently I am against adding actual sponsor logos to the overlay. I don't want the logos to get out of hand many people already think they are).


We need to get these maps plastered with logos like were in nascar!
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 16:21:58
April 05 2013 16:19 GMT
#265
On April 06 2013 01:14 GameHeart wrote:
@Proseat - Currently I am against adding actual sponsor logos to the overlay. I don't want the logos to get out of hand many people already think they are).


There just needs to be better places to put them. On the UI is not great. But on a flag in the best(like Dota2) is more acceptable. People wouldn't mind a logo if it looks organic on the map. An MLG logo in the center of the map that is created with terrain details. People wouldn't mind a logo if it was on a bill board on the map or a flag.

Not all of that can be done with custom maps, but finding places to put them is going to be a key part of getting teams and sponsors in the game itself.

Finally, people may freak out about logos and sponsors, but don't let that stop you from putting them there. People freak out about a lot of stuff, like numbers over the nexus and the decals that Blizzard put it. They get over it quickly.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
bsdaemon
Profile Joined July 2012
618 Posts
April 05 2013 16:27 GMT
#266
On April 04 2013 23:44 GameHeart wrote:It is also my goal that the next major version of the overlay will work in conjunction with the new Blizzard UI tool rather than as an alternative so organizations are not forced to choose between them. At that time I will hopefully be able to offer replay casting support as well.


This would be awesome since it will help push more users to use your UI. Also, congrats for the GSTL and you are getting a lot of positive feedback
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
April 05 2013 16:28 GMT
#267
I love gameheart but if i could make one suggestion it would be that the icon at the production facilities should involved some subtle movement to indicate that the unit is under production. The square could have some rotating border or something, as it is now it feels a bit boring. Just my personal opinion, though so keep up the good work.
I'm Quotable (IQ)
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 16:29:49
April 05 2013 16:29 GMT
#268
@Plansix - I think all of that can only be done with custom maps actually. The problem is that using billboards is great in say, Metropolis or maybe Daybreak...but it doesn't work very well in Whirlwind.

Whoever takes on that task would have to design a different way of displaying logos for ever map. I am not getting paid for this, it's already a ridiculously time consuming endeavor. Yes, the logos look better and more integrated in DotA 2. There is no question about that. But there is only one map in DotA and it isn't hard to make something perfect when it doesn't require even a minimal amount of versatility. When you need to design something that works with maps and layouts that people haven't even imagined yet, it's not as simple.

That said logos are going to be looked at no doubt. It's kind of a complicated issue because the general consensus in the foreigner community seems to be that the logos in the mineral lines look bad and the big transparent logos in the natural look good. But in the Korean community it's the exact opposite (at least as I have been told). I have not had a full report from Gom yet on what they liked and did not like. I noticed a couple of bugs during the broadcast as well, that will need to be fixed.

Right now the priority in my mind is:

Fixing the victory screen to be more appealing.
Finding a way to do logos that everyone (okay most people) likes.
Improving the visuals on the workers killed etc charts.

There are a lot more things I want to tackle, and I am sure Gom will have some serious concerns they will want to discuss but right now those are the things that are most on my mind.
Gameheart
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 05 2013 16:45 GMT
#269
On April 06 2013 01:29 GameHeart wrote:
@Plansix - I think all of that can only be done with custom maps actually. The problem is that using billboards is great in say, Metropolis or maybe Daybreak...but it doesn't work very well in Whirlwind.

Whoever takes on that task would have to design a different way of displaying logos for ever map. I am not getting paid for this, it's already a ridiculously time consuming endeavor. Yes, the logos look better and more integrated in DotA 2. There is no question about that. But there is only one map in DotA and it isn't hard to make something perfect when it doesn't require even a minimal amount of versatility. When you need to design something that works with maps and layouts that people haven't even imagined yet, it's not as simple.

That said logos are going to be looked at no doubt. It's kind of a complicated issue because the general consensus in the foreigner community seems to be that the logos in the mineral lines look bad and the big transparent logos in the natural look good. But in the Korean community it's the exact opposite (at least as I have been told). I have not had a full report from Gom yet on what they liked and did not like. I noticed a couple of bugs during the broadcast as well, that will need to be fixed.

Right now the priority in my mind is:

Fixing the victory screen to be more appealing.
Finding a way to do logos that everyone (okay most people) likes.
Improving the visuals on the workers killed etc charts.

There are a lot more things I want to tackle, and I am sure Gom will have some serious concerns they will want to discuss but right now those are the things that are most on my mind.


You should be getting paid for this, but I respect the effort you are putting in for the community and hopefully someone decides you should be working on this for them. I am pretty aware of the amount of effort you are putting in and I am not one of these people who thinks stuff can just "be changed" without significant effort.

I know the logos on flags and billboards isn't something you can do. That has to be up to the map makers to have places for the logos to go and that is beyond your control. I was just putting thoughts out there of better ways to do it, since there appears to be a lot of buzz around your UI.

Seriously though, take all complaints with a grain of salt. You are doing great work and everyone loves it. But there are going to be people who complaint about tiny things that many not matter, but are doing so because they know you are reading.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
April 05 2013 16:46 GMT
#270
Hope theese producers actually gets some recognition for making history. Also like theese maps more than the current GSL ones.
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
April 05 2013 17:50 GMT
#271
Wow super surprised and impressed that GSL was the first too pick this up. I like the logos, but yes the ones in the mineral lines could be more transparent. I like how the resource chart shows current workers now so you can always see it.

As others have mentioned, and gameheart has already said he's working on, the victory screen and worker lost screens, etc look bad and MSpaintish. I really love the new blizzard victory screen, so if you could make it work with that it would be better. Really a combination of the two would be best because the blizzard info charts are just prettier to look at.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
April 05 2013 21:32 GMT
#272
And the Starcraft community once again pushes the boundaries of Esports! I hope every Tournament at least considers what value this tool could add to their viewing experience.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
April 05 2013 21:35 GMT
#273
Can I use Stronger Team Colors on ladder?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
April 05 2013 21:37 GMT
#274
Love the interface, didn't like the logo's in GTSL at all.
In Dota there are logo's everywhere but I never really notice them.
Here they are really standing out as an ugly feature.
Just a simple flag on top of the nexus/hatch/cc with the logo on it would be better.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
April 05 2013 21:47 GMT
#275
On April 06 2013 06:35 Fencar wrote:
Can I use Stronger Team Colors on ladder?


STC was originally meant to be used for ladder and people with bad sight. However, blizzard removed the ability to edit the way units actually appear, while this is a feature the map creates within GameHeart.

As far as I know Blizzard said they were looking into a way to integrate STC on their own, however have not done any updates on it since removing the ability to use the mod. I still am incredibly angry with Blizzard over this because it used to look so good, helped people with vision problems, and was something almost every viewer I ever had back in the day liked.

tl;dr: no, but blizzard said they wanted to.. just have not done it yet...
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
April 05 2013 21:57 GMT
#276
On April 06 2013 06:47 -Kyo- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 06:35 Fencar wrote:
Can I use Stronger Team Colors on ladder?


STC was originally meant to be used for ladder and people with bad sight. However, blizzard removed the ability to edit the way units actually appear, while this is a feature the map creates within GameHeart.

As far as I know Blizzard said they were looking into a way to integrate STC on their own, however have not done any updates on it since removing the ability to use the mod. I still am incredibly angry with Blizzard over this because it used to look so good, helped people with vision problems, and was something almost every viewer I ever had back in the day liked.

tl;dr: no, but blizzard said they wanted to.. just have not done it yet...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19sg1x/we_are_dustin_browder_alan_dabiri_and_david_kim/c8qw1rp
Q: What happened to the possibility of a Blizz version of Stronger Team Colours?

A: This didn't end up happening. My understanding is that we had some technical challenges that would have hurt lower end systems to have two types of colors in the game.
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
April 05 2013 21:59 GMT
#277
On April 06 2013 06:57 juicyjames wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 06:47 -Kyo- wrote:
On April 06 2013 06:35 Fencar wrote:
Can I use Stronger Team Colors on ladder?


STC was originally meant to be used for ladder and people with bad sight. However, blizzard removed the ability to edit the way units actually appear, while this is a feature the map creates within GameHeart.

As far as I know Blizzard said they were looking into a way to integrate STC on their own, however have not done any updates on it since removing the ability to use the mod. I still am incredibly angry with Blizzard over this because it used to look so good, helped people with vision problems, and was something almost every viewer I ever had back in the day liked.

tl;dr: no, but blizzard said they wanted to.. just have not done it yet...

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/19sg1x/we_are_dustin_browder_alan_dabiri_and_david_kim/c8qw1rp
Show nested quote +
Q: What happened to the possibility of a Blizz version of Stronger Team Colours?

A: This didn't end up happening. My understanding is that we had some technical challenges that would have hurt lower end systems to have two types of colors in the game.


Ah I never read that AmA. Well there is the answer, though I really don't believe it at all! Thanks for clarifying.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
rename
Profile Joined February 2012
Estonia329 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-06 01:03:47
April 06 2013 01:03 GMT
#278
On April 06 2013 00:38 SigmaFiE wrote:
Everyone so far seems to be enjoying this. If this were included as a normal part of the map making process at any level of melee map-- would you the community like to see it implemented?



I would have to go with no, unless its proven that all the extra features dont affect FPS more than few percent.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
April 06 2013 03:56 GMT
#279
I don't see how you could implement it as a normal addition to melee maps. Adding the overlay to a melee map is not that simple a process to be honest. If I ever release the code for anyone to use (which I will probably do) I will make a video explaining how to copy the overlay to a new map, as well as how to add logos to the database.

I am not sure if they are going to use it again tonight for GSTL, I haven't heard from Gom at all since last nights broadcast. Not sure if that is a good sign or a bad sign.
Gameheart
Nuxar
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada212 Posts
April 06 2013 04:13 GMT
#280
Absolutely stunning, amazing! As I read somewhere above, you should get paid, so I do commend you enormously on your free work! I really, REALLY hope tournaments always use this, it is unarguably the best tool for tourneys.

Again, absurdly amazing job on this! Hope to see more work soon!
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs Jaedong
Afreeca ASL 8626
StarCastTV_EN153
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 265
Lowko186
ProTech65
Rex 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5957
EffOrt 2355
Larva 1263
BeSt 1010
Horang2 703
Hyuk 578
ZerO 439
Zeus 205
soO 165
Hyun 131
[ Show more ]
Stork 129
Killer 105
Light 94
Barracks 93
Rush 65
Shinee 59
Yoon 41
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 28
Terrorterran 25
Mong 24
PianO 22
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 586
XcaliburYe311
League of Legends
KnowMe21
Counter-Strike
byalli732
Other Games
singsing1666
olofmeister1540
crisheroes229
Livibee199
Sick135
ArmadaUGS57
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 117
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2032
• Stunt373
Other Games
• WagamamaTV161
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
45m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.