• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:31
CEST 10:31
KST 17:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11158 users

GameHeart Overlay 2.0 - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 45 Next All
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
April 05 2013 10:36 GMT
#221
Blown away by this. So many awesome improvements, things I didn't think we'd see for months or even years, and it's already in the GSTL. Love the queues, logos, worker counts, bottom right info pane, cleaner timer, and especially the zoom out. Just amazing.

Main feedback (I'm not sure which of these are Gameheart and which ones are GSTL's decisions):
I like the regular Victory screen a bit better, the new one feels quite basic after getting used to Blizzards.

The logos in the mineral lines are a bit distracting. I feel like they would be better on the opposite side of the minerals, and transparent like the natural, but I'm not sure if that's even necessary. The natural logo is pretty good as is.

The info panel directly to the right of the minimap feels out of place. It feels unnecessary to have the names of the players on the screen twice (top middle and that panel), and I'm just too used to supply/mineral stuff in the top right. Feels that space is less useful than bottom middle anyways, a more compact version of that info up at the top right I think I would like more.
Rainling
Profile Joined June 2011
United States456 Posts
April 05 2013 10:37 GMT
#222
This looks amazing! I have a few qualms though.

I'm not a big fan of icons of units under production being displayed above buildings or larvae. I don't think it meshes well with the in-game graphics. If casters want to display what is being produced, they can just select individual buildings.

The only other issues I have with this are cosmetic, i.e. victory screen and size and position of team logos. I like everything else about this UI.
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
April 05 2013 10:42 GMT
#223
The score screen where the winner is shown could use some design change. the original is a lot better. :D
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Rainling
Profile Joined June 2011
United States456 Posts
April 05 2013 10:43 GMT
#224
On April 05 2013 19:36 geno wrote:
The info panel directly to the right of the minimap feels out of place. It feels unnecessary to have the names of the players on the screen twice (top middle and that panel), and I'm just too used to supply/mineral stuff in the top right. Feels that space is less useful than bottom middle anyways, a more compact version of that info up at the top right I think I would like more.

I agree, using the names of players twice seems unnecessary. The color and order of the stats in the bottom left is enough to identify the players, adding names in the bottom left is redundant.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 10:45:27
April 05 2013 10:44 GMT
#225
Hey guys! Thanks for all the positive feedback and the great critiques!

I am already talking to GSL about some of the issues people have been complaining about. Oddly foreigners are mostly complaining about the logos in the mineral line and Koreans are complaining about the big logos.

I will do something with the victory screen. Not sure what yet. I was using this custom one for a reason but I am not sure if it is still necessary or not so I will have to look into possibly going back to the default one.

Regarding the double player names: It was not originally supposed to be this way, GSL decided to use their normal scoreboard instead of the one I built into the GameHeart overlay because they received so many complaints yesterday about its location on top of the minimap. The scoreboard for GameHeart is usually to right of the minimap and the left of the resources on that small black bar.
Gameheart
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 10:45:51
April 05 2013 10:44 GMT
#226
It's very hard to get used to the ressources/supply not being on the top right as a player haha.
Otherwise the UI is really cool, I agree with what people said above but those are minor details while the improvement as a spectator is really great compared to standard ui.
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
April 05 2013 10:44 GMT
#227
Btw, you should rename the overlay GameChanging!
atteo
Profile Joined July 2011
20 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 10:47:19
April 05 2013 10:45 GMT
#228
Another thing which could use some work is the "scoreboard" with team/player names and mineral counts etc. Frankly it's rather ugly and unprofessional looking. I know there are multiple scoreboard options but I am yet to see a visually pleasing version of it. The one which is used in GSTL right now at the very least needs to get rid of the glow and change the font.

Keep up the good work though!
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 11:05:27
April 05 2013 10:54 GMT
#229
Looks amazing. I kinda like the victory screen ^^
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
anatase
Profile Joined May 2010
France532 Posts
April 05 2013 11:10 GMT
#230
Incredible! Congratulations for making it to the GSTL.

That's some piece of achievement I have to say.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
April 05 2013 11:15 GMT
#231
Thanks guys! If you prefer GameHeart to the Blizzard UI thing they were using yesterday please let Gom know! And to be fair even if you prefer the Blizzard UI let them know that too. I think they are trying to decide between the two for future broadcasts.

I am eager to improve the overlay where I can and have lots of ideas for the future but we need to get real support from tournaments to move forward!
Gameheart
mechengineer123
Profile Joined March 2013
Ukraine711 Posts
April 05 2013 11:16 GMT
#232
This is insane man, good job.
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
April 05 2013 11:21 GMT
#233
The health numbers are really hard to see, they should be made a bit bigger.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
April 05 2013 11:23 GMT
#234
On April 05 2013 20:21 Cokefreak wrote:
The health numbers are really hard to see, they should be made a bit bigger.


Agreed! Will look into it!
Gameheart
ayaka
Profile Joined December 2012
11 Posts
April 05 2013 11:27 GMT
#235
Good Job !
That's so cool!
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
April 05 2013 11:27 GMT
#236
Everything is so fancy, but the victory screen and the lost units tab need improvement.
Is it possible to make a tab that shows what units were lost and not how much minerals and gas?
Can you switch the attack and armor icons on unit selection so that they are in the same order as in the upgrades buildings?

Keep up the good work!
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
April 05 2013 11:28 GMT
#237
On April 05 2013 20:23 GameHeart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2013 20:21 Cokefreak wrote:
The health numbers are really hard to see, they should be made a bit bigger.


Agreed! Will look into it!


Any way for you to get this on SEA? :D I am hosting a showmatch between friends and this would be awesome.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-05 11:29:34
April 05 2013 11:29 GMT
#238
Granite - Almost everything is possible! The number of each type of units lost is a really good idea. The upgrades on unit selection is more complicated and I am sure its possible but I will have to figure it out.

Lichter - I will upload this to all regions within the next week.
Gameheart
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
April 05 2013 11:36 GMT
#239
On April 05 2013 19:44 GameHeart wrote:
Hey guys! Thanks for all the positive feedback and the great critiques!

I am already talking to GSL about some of the issues people have been complaining about. Oddly foreigners are mostly complaining about the logos in the mineral line and Koreans are complaining about the big logos.

I will do something with the victory screen. Not sure what yet. I was using this custom one for a reason but I am not sure if it is still necessary or not so I will have to look into possibly going back to the default one.

Regarding the double player names: It was not originally supposed to be this way, GSL decided to use their normal scoreboard instead of the one I built into the GameHeart overlay because they received so many complaints yesterday about its location on top of the minimap. The scoreboard for GameHeart is usually to right of the minimap and the left of the resources on that small black bar.


Very cool. It only make sense that it gets continually tweaked until it satisfies most people, but i like where it is at now and where it is going.
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
April 05 2013 11:48 GMT
#240
It would be good to move the UI elements to their original places and just make them smaller by cutting out the fat but it’s definitely good to see this at GSTL so that you get a ton of feedback!
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 813
Hyuk 545
soO 444
Mini 185
ZerO 121
Killer 58
Shinee 49
Mind 40
Mong 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
PianO 17
HiyA 16
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 761
XcaliburYe311
League of Legends
JimRising 462
Counter-Strike
byalli525
Other Games
olofmeister833
ceh9621
Happy350
Livibee171
crisheroes155
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH393
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Jankos1166
• Rush1144
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 29m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.