• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8146 users

WCS KR WR1 D1 Winner's Interview - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
August 06 2012 19:10 GMT
#41
I always root for aLive! I think he's a great player!
I think he's often forgotten about. Hopefully we will see his fan base grow if we see him continuing through the WCS!
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 06 2012 19:22 GMT
#42
Awww, aLive made me sad with this interview.
I tweeted him some nice things. I hope he realize we like him. His Mech TvT has always been a strong point to make him unique as a player to me.

On the other hand Curious is still the Curious we know. Being -_- even when he use the most fucked up builds from sushosin.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 19:52:34
August 06 2012 19:43 GMT
#43
I am a huge PartinG fanboy, so I took the time to translate his own interview. This is my first time, so please proofread this and tell me if I messed up anything!

PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

ST_PartinG lived up to his namesake, the "Terran Killer", today.

During the first three rounds of the RO32 on the sixth day of the Korean WCS, Parting took down MVP_sC 2-0. He took the first set with a miraculously composed defense, and he held off sC's offensive wave in the second to make it through to the RO16.

How do you feel about making it to the RO16?

I feel great. If I win just two more matches, I can reach the top 10. If I make it that far, I can make it to the Asia finals, so I feel quite confident. I will face either Jaedong or aLive in the next round, and I am okay with either one, as my PvZ is getting better.

SC's attack during the first set was formidable. What was your secret to defending it?

All Terrans are the same; that type of play is predictable. If I just play as I usually do, I can predict their timings and counter them. Even in the second set, I knew in advance that sC would pressure with marines.

During the RO4 of Code S last season, what is the reason that you lost to Mvp?

At that time, my win rate was quite good in practice games. I primarily only played with big-name players, so I felt like I could beat anybody (???, please correct if wrong). I think I lost because I got cocky; I don't let myself become overconfident anymore. From the beginning, my coach told me not to get full of myself, but I said "yes" only in word, but after losing to Mvp-hyung that way, all of that pride completely disappeared.

In the second set, did you predict how strong sC's attack would be?

That is true, but sC's play was still good. I predicted that he would hit a medivac timing, but I didn't see the follow-up coming.

In the first set, you held off the siege tank attack very well.

Terrans can no longer play only as they used to. I don't think siege tank compositions are bad in TvP; those creative and original types of play give other races more to think about.

You are very strong in the late game. You almost never lose games that last over 25 minutes.

If I don't die in the early game, I am confident that I will not lose later on. If I get 3 bases and manage to hold them, I feel that I am invincible. However, there are many players who spot and take advantage of my weaknesses in the early game. I am working hard to patch up that aspect of my play.

If you play against Jaedong in the RO16, what do you think it will be like?

Many fans think that this would be very exciting, so I really want this to happen. Since the opportunity could come soon, I would like to take it. Jaedong is a great player in Proleague; I think he is the most skilled player in the TBLS. I've watched Jaedong's matches very often. I think that Team 8 is one of the stronger teams; I have a good feeling about them, and I see them very often when I turn on my TV (???, could be inaccurate).

Are you looking towards reaching first place in this tournament?

I've moved forward in every Korean tournament, so I feel like I have momentum, but I still don't know. If I get past the RO16 of the winners' bracket, I think I will become much more confident. I will feel even more comfortable if I secure a spot in the WCS Asia finals.

Any last words?

As my final words, I would like to thank Hack, Sparta, Bomber, Sound, NSHoSeo's Sculp, and the currently teamless Sting, who have helped me practice. I may have forgotten a few players, so I would like to thank them too. I would also like to thank the observers, Yoon Jung-min and ST_Legend. They always help me calm down before my games with their entertaining chats. Please keep doing this for me in the future! Squirtle and Hack are also playing on Thursday, and I would like to face them in the RO8 of the winners' bracket. I would also like to thank our team's sponsors, BenQ, Zowie Gear, Joy Gear, and Red Bull (???, could have gotten the sponsors' names wrong).

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1260967&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Darion
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada265 Posts
August 06 2012 19:50 GMT
#44
On August 07 2012 03:50 TommyP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 01:56 BlindKill wrote:
Q; You won the first game today with a really strong all-in attack.
My team mate recommended this build to me, and I chose to use it today. It was recommended to me by a team mate who just recently joined the team.

This just screams Suhosin -.-


Why not Life or Pet?


Because Suhosin plays wayyyyy more cheesy than the other ZeNEX zergs.
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
August 06 2012 19:57 GMT
#45
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

he wouldn't have said that if they faced each other in SC1 :D
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
randoomguy
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden82 Posts
August 06 2012 20:05 GMT
#46
On August 07 2012 04:57 NexCa wrote:
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

he wouldn't have said that if they faced each other in SC1 :D


give parting 10 years and stop the time for jeadong under the mean time and then we will see what happens,why is every1 saying its obvious that bw pros will not pwn in sc2 after 6 months of practise when sc2 pros has been playing for 2 years?well then why don't we just say that the other way around aswell? which has an even bigger cap
FAIRY TAIL WILL ALWAYS WATCH OVER ME
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
August 06 2012 20:09 GMT
#47
On August 07 2012 05:05 randoomguy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 04:57 NexCa wrote:
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

he wouldn't have said that if they faced each other in SC1 :D


give parting 10 years and stop the time for jeadong under the mean time and then we will see what happens,why is every1 saying its obvious that bw pros will not pwn in sc2 after 6 months of practise when sc2 pros has been playing for 2 years?well then why don't we just say that the other way around aswell? which has an even bigger cap


Maybe because most of current SC2 pros were already BW pros for years? I really know very little about SC2 pro-scene, but I've read somewhere the majority of GSL players were unsuccessful BW pros.

I know MC used to be called flounder in BW xD
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
August 06 2012 20:09 GMT
#48
Alive, I'm your biggest fan.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
August 06 2012 20:14 GMT
#49
On August 07 2012 04:43 wozzot wrote:
I am a huge PartinG fanboy, so I took the time to translate his own interview. This is my first time, so please proofread this and tell me if I messed up anything!

+ Show Spoiler +
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

ST_PartinG lived up to his namesake, the "Terran Killer", today.

During the first three rounds of the RO32 on the sixth day of the Korean WCS, Parting took down MVP_sC 2-0. He took the first set with a miraculously composed defense, and he held off sC's offensive wave in the second to make it through to the RO16.

How do you feel about making it to the RO16?

I feel great. If I win just two more matches, I can reach the top 10. If I make it that far, I can make it to the Asia finals, so I feel quite confident. I will face either Jaedong or aLive in the next round, and I am okay with either one, as my PvZ is getting better.

SC's attack during the first set was formidable. What was your secret to defending it?

All Terrans are the same; that type of play is predictable. If I just play as I usually do, I can predict their timings and counter them. Even in the second set, I knew in advance that sC would pressure with marines.

During the RO4 of Code S last season, what is the reason that you lost to Mvp?

At that time, my win rate was quite good in practice games. I primarily only played with big-name players, so I felt like I could beat anybody (???, please correct if wrong). I think I lost because I got cocky; I don't let myself become overconfident anymore. From the beginning, my coach told me not to get full of myself, but I said "yes" only in word, but after losing to Mvp-hyung that way, all of that pride completely disappeared.

In the second set, did you predict how strong sC's attack would be?

That is true, but sC's play was still good. I predicted that he would hit a medivac timing, but I didn't see the follow-up coming.

In the first set, you held off the siege tank attack very well.

Terrans can no longer play only as they used to. I don't think siege tank compositions are bad in TvP; those creative and original types of play give other races more to think about.

You are very strong in the late game. You almost never lose games that last over 25 minutes.

If I don't die in the early game, I am confident that I will not lose later on. If I get 3 bases and manage to hold them, I feel that I am invincible. However, there are many players who spot and take advantage of my weaknesses in the early game. I am working hard to patch up that aspect of my play.

If you play against Jaedong in the RO16, what do you think it will be like?

Many fans think that this would be very exciting, so I really want this to happen. Since the opportunity could come soon, I would like to take it. Jaedong is a great player in Proleague; I think he is the most skilled player in the TBLS. I've watched Jaedong's matches very often. I think that Team 8 is one of the stronger teams; I have a good feeling about them, and I see them very often when I turn on my TV (???, could be inaccurate).

Are you looking towards reaching first place in this tournament?

I've moved forward in every Korean tournament, so I feel like I have momentum, but I still don't know. If I get past the RO16 of the winners' bracket, I think I will become much more confident. I will feel even more comfortable if I secure a spot in the WCS Asia finals.

Any last words?

As my final words, I would like to thank Hack, Sparta, Bomber, Sound, NSHoSeo's Sculp, and the currently teamless Sting, who have helped me practice. I may have forgotten a few players, so I would like to thank them too. I would also like to thank the observers, Yoon Jung-min and ST_Legend. They always help me calm down before my games with their entertaining chats. Please keep doing this for me in the future! Squirtle and Hack are also playing on Thursday, and I would like to face them in the RO8 of the winners' bracket. I would also like to thank our team's sponsors, BenQ, Zowie Gear, Joy Gear, and Red Bull (???, could have gotten the sponsors' names wrong).

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1260967&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1


I'll add this to the OP
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 06 2012 20:15 GMT
#50
On August 07 2012 05:09 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 05:05 randoomguy wrote:
On August 07 2012 04:57 NexCa wrote:
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

he wouldn't have said that if they faced each other in SC1 :D


give parting 10 years and stop the time for jeadong under the mean time and then we will see what happens,why is every1 saying its obvious that bw pros will not pwn in sc2 after 6 months of practise when sc2 pros has been playing for 2 years?well then why don't we just say that the other way around aswell? which has an even bigger cap


Maybe because most of current SC2 pros were already BW pros for years? I really know very little about SC2 pro-scene, but I've read somewhere the majority of GSL players were unsuccessful BW pros.

I know MC used to be called flounder in BW xD

Isn't Parting super-young?

(Just checked, he's 17 atm. I doubt he was a BW pro.)
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
August 06 2012 20:17 GMT
#51
Must be Line who told Curious the all-in build.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
August 06 2012 20:17 GMT
#52
I feel bad for aLive, he seems kind of bitter about having almost no fans
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
August 06 2012 20:22 GMT
#53
On August 07 2012 05:14 Weirdkid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 04:43 wozzot wrote:
I am a huge PartinG fanboy, so I took the time to translate his own interview. This is my first time, so please proofread this and tell me if I messed up anything!

+ Show Spoiler +
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

ST_PartinG lived up to his namesake, the "Terran Killer", today.

During the first three rounds of the RO32 on the sixth day of the Korean WCS, Parting took down MVP_sC 2-0. He took the first set with a miraculously composed defense, and he held off sC's offensive wave in the second to make it through to the RO16.

How do you feel about making it to the RO16?

I feel great. If I win just two more matches, I can reach the top 10. If I make it that far, I can make it to the Asia finals, so I feel quite confident. I will face either Jaedong or aLive in the next round, and I am okay with either one, as my PvZ is getting better.

SC's attack during the first set was formidable. What was your secret to defending it?

All Terrans are the same; that type of play is predictable. If I just play as I usually do, I can predict their timings and counter them. Even in the second set, I knew in advance that sC would pressure with marines.

During the RO4 of Code S last season, what is the reason that you lost to Mvp?

At that time, my win rate was quite good in practice games. I primarily only played with big-name players, so I felt like I could beat anybody (???, please correct if wrong). I think I lost because I got cocky; I don't let myself become overconfident anymore. From the beginning, my coach told me not to get full of myself, but I said "yes" only in word, but after losing to Mvp-hyung that way, all of that pride completely disappeared.

In the second set, did you predict how strong sC's attack would be?

That is true, but sC's play was still good. I predicted that he would hit a medivac timing, but I didn't see the follow-up coming.

In the first set, you held off the siege tank attack very well.

Terrans can no longer play only as they used to. I don't think siege tank compositions are bad in TvP; those creative and original types of play give other races more to think about.

You are very strong in the late game. You almost never lose games that last over 25 minutes.

If I don't die in the early game, I am confident that I will not lose later on. If I get 3 bases and manage to hold them, I feel that I am invincible. However, there are many players who spot and take advantage of my weaknesses in the early game. I am working hard to patch up that aspect of my play.

If you play against Jaedong in the RO16, what do you think it will be like?

Many fans think that this would be very exciting, so I really want this to happen. Since the opportunity could come soon, I would like to take it. Jaedong is a great player in Proleague; I think he is the most skilled player in the TBLS. I've watched Jaedong's matches very often. I think that Team 8 is one of the stronger teams; I have a good feeling about them, and I see them very often when I turn on my TV (???, could be inaccurate).

Are you looking towards reaching first place in this tournament?

I've moved forward in every Korean tournament, so I feel like I have momentum, but I still don't know. If I get past the RO16 of the winners' bracket, I think I will become much more confident. I will feel even more comfortable if I secure a spot in the WCS Asia finals.

Any last words?

As my final words, I would like to thank Hack, Sparta, Bomber, Sound, NSHoSeo's Sculp, and the currently teamless Sting, who have helped me practice. I may have forgotten a few players, so I would like to thank them too. I would also like to thank the observers, Yoon Jung-min and ST_Legend. They always help me calm down before my games with their entertaining chats. Please keep doing this for me in the future! Squirtle and Hack are also playing on Thursday, and I would like to face them in the RO8 of the winners' bracket. I would also like to thank our team's sponsors, BenQ, Zowie Gear, Joy Gear, and Red Bull (???, could have gotten the sponsors' names wrong).

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1260967&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1


I'll add this to the OP


Could you remove the bits in italic for the OP? ty
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
August 06 2012 20:24 GMT
#54
On August 07 2012 05:22 wozzot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 05:14 Weirdkid wrote:
On August 07 2012 04:43 wozzot wrote:
I am a huge PartinG fanboy, so I took the time to translate his own interview. This is my first time, so please proofread this and tell me if I messed up anything!

+ Show Spoiler +
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

ST_PartinG lived up to his namesake, the "Terran Killer", today.

During the first three rounds of the RO32 on the sixth day of the Korean WCS, Parting took down MVP_sC 2-0. He took the first set with a miraculously composed defense, and he held off sC's offensive wave in the second to make it through to the RO16.

How do you feel about making it to the RO16?

I feel great. If I win just two more matches, I can reach the top 10. If I make it that far, I can make it to the Asia finals, so I feel quite confident. I will face either Jaedong or aLive in the next round, and I am okay with either one, as my PvZ is getting better.

SC's attack during the first set was formidable. What was your secret to defending it?

All Terrans are the same; that type of play is predictable. If I just play as I usually do, I can predict their timings and counter them. Even in the second set, I knew in advance that sC would pressure with marines.

During the RO4 of Code S last season, what is the reason that you lost to Mvp?

At that time, my win rate was quite good in practice games. I primarily only played with big-name players, so I felt like I could beat anybody (???, please correct if wrong). I think I lost because I got cocky; I don't let myself become overconfident anymore. From the beginning, my coach told me not to get full of myself, but I said "yes" only in word, but after losing to Mvp-hyung that way, all of that pride completely disappeared.

In the second set, did you predict how strong sC's attack would be?

That is true, but sC's play was still good. I predicted that he would hit a medivac timing, but I didn't see the follow-up coming.

In the first set, you held off the siege tank attack very well.

Terrans can no longer play only as they used to. I don't think siege tank compositions are bad in TvP; those creative and original types of play give other races more to think about.

You are very strong in the late game. You almost never lose games that last over 25 minutes.

If I don't die in the early game, I am confident that I will not lose later on. If I get 3 bases and manage to hold them, I feel that I am invincible. However, there are many players who spot and take advantage of my weaknesses in the early game. I am working hard to patch up that aspect of my play.

If you play against Jaedong in the RO16, what do you think it will be like?

Many fans think that this would be very exciting, so I really want this to happen. Since the opportunity could come soon, I would like to take it. Jaedong is a great player in Proleague; I think he is the most skilled player in the TBLS. I've watched Jaedong's matches very often. I think that Team 8 is one of the stronger teams; I have a good feeling about them, and I see them very often when I turn on my TV (???, could be inaccurate).

Are you looking towards reaching first place in this tournament?

I've moved forward in every Korean tournament, so I feel like I have momentum, but I still don't know. If I get past the RO16 of the winners' bracket, I think I will become much more confident. I will feel even more comfortable if I secure a spot in the WCS Asia finals.

Any last words?

As my final words, I would like to thank Hack, Sparta, Bomber, Sound, NSHoSeo's Sculp, and the currently teamless Sting, who have helped me practice. I may have forgotten a few players, so I would like to thank them too. I would also like to thank the observers, Yoon Jung-min and ST_Legend. They always help me calm down before my games with their entertaining chats. Please keep doing this for me in the future! Squirtle and Hack are also playing on Thursday, and I would like to face them in the RO8 of the winners' bracket. I would also like to thank our team's sponsors, BenQ, Zowie Gear, Joy Gear, and Red Bull (???, could have gotten the sponsors' names wrong).

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1260967&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1


I'll add this to the OP


Could you remove the bits in italic for the OP? ty


Done!
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
August 06 2012 20:28 GMT
#55
Parting: As my final words, I would like to thank Hack, Sparta, Bomber, Sound, NSHoSeo's Sculp, and the currently teamless Sting

Startale Sting incoming?
MrChupee
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia161 Posts
August 06 2012 20:29 GMT
#56
invisible terran ;_;

don't worry, we are all brothers when we bring our infantry to the table!
through high storm or baneling spurts...forever soldiering on
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 06 2012 20:38 GMT
#57
On August 07 2012 05:15 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 05:09 fabiano wrote:
On August 07 2012 05:05 randoomguy wrote:
On August 07 2012 04:57 NexCa wrote:
PartinG: "I would like to face Jaedong"

he wouldn't have said that if they faced each other in SC1 :D


give parting 10 years and stop the time for jeadong under the mean time and then we will see what happens,why is every1 saying its obvious that bw pros will not pwn in sc2 after 6 months of practise when sc2 pros has been playing for 2 years?well then why don't we just say that the other way around aswell? which has an even bigger cap


Maybe because most of current SC2 pros were already BW pros for years? I really know very little about SC2 pro-scene, but I've read somewhere the majority of GSL players were unsuccessful BW pros.

I know MC used to be called flounder in BW xD

Isn't Parting super-young?

(Just checked, he's 17 atm. I doubt he was a BW pro.)


Alot people played BW, which is expected since the short duration of SC2. You really can't expect people to start play game after SC2 come out, and BW is the natural choice. However most of them did not play BW long enough at high level to really stand out.

Nestea, MMA, TheSTC, GanZi, SuperNoVa, FD, Tester can be said to be B Teamers
A couple more such as ForGG were mid tier
Then you get BoxeR, NaDa, July, Rainbow

Alot more (which include MC, MKP, HerO, PuMa, Genius, LosirA, Puzzle, Ryung etc) spent some time in BW pro team but too short to amount to anything
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
August 06 2012 20:59 GMT
#58
On August 07 2012 02:56 0neder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 02:42 Shiori wrote:
Alive is a boss I like him. People who only care about personality are dumb. Skill > all.

The best BW celebrities had it all. That's why people are so anxious for them to be back at the top.

Plenty of SC2 players have it all too. MC for example
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
August 06 2012 21:01 GMT
#59
On August 07 2012 04:03 a3den wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 03:50 TommyP wrote:
On August 07 2012 01:56 BlindKill wrote:
Q; You won the first game today with a really strong all-in attack.
My team mate recommended this build to me, and I chose to use it today. It was recommended to me by a team mate who just recently joined the team.

This just screams Suhosin -.-


Why not Life or Pet?


I thought about Life too

Line is the one who loves to cheese in retarded ways(Especially against fan favorites it seems to me )
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 21:20:41
August 06 2012 21:20 GMT
#60
On August 07 2012 01:53 Weirdkid wrote:
StarTale_Curious
My team mate recommended this build to me, and I chose to use it today. It was recommended to me by a team mate who just recently joined the team.

(Z)Life lala lalala life is life lala lalala :D
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason126
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1103
ZZZero.O 109
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift4447
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
Fnx 900
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6155
Other Games
summit1g8539
FrodaN2967
B2W.Neo604
KnowMe251
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1399
BasetradeTV296
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1197
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 21m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.