• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:29
CEST 10:29
KST 17:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10356 users

WCS KR WR1 D1 Winner's Interview - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
August 06 2012 18:07 GMT
#21
Sorry alive, invisible terran has been taken for a while, pick something else
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 18:10:01
August 06 2012 18:08 GMT
#22
Keep winning Alive. Someday people will notice it. Atleast people still don't ask who are you like someone who won GSL but I can't really remember what's his name. umm Plott something like that..
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
August 06 2012 18:08 GMT
#23
On August 07 2012 03:07 Lyter wrote:
Sorry alive, invisible terran has been taken for a while, pick something else


By who...?
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
August 06 2012 18:10 GMT
#24
I love Curious. The guy is humble, and possesses a nice dry humour that many Koreans don't have. Plus, the guy can win a sick macro game then hit you with an equally lethal all-in the next match. aLive.. possibly one of my least favourite players in SC2 along with MMA and DongRaeGu.

And before you castrate me for listing DRG.. theres only so many times I can take Fruitdealer, MC July and Nestea getting thrashed by him before I develop a grudge~.
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 06 2012 18:18 GMT
#25
On August 07 2012 03:08 Lunchador wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 03:07 Lyter wrote:
Sorry alive, invisible terran has been taken for a while, pick something else


By who...?

(Wiki)Light
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
August 06 2012 18:23 GMT
#26
I like aLive, have done so since I first saw him play. Always bet for him even at the times where I think he'll lose
You need to construct additional pylons.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
August 06 2012 18:28 GMT
#27
On August 07 2012 02:59 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 02:42 Shiori wrote:
Alive is a boss I like him. People who only care about personality are dumb. Skill > all.

"Hey, I'm Shiori, and my opinion matters more than anyone else. Anyone who disagrees with me is dumb."

If you want personality go watch a comedy show. I watch Starcraft for the Starcraft. Personality is a highlight, but it's second fiddle to how good a player actually is. I'm sorry if you don't see it that way. Seems completely illogical to me. Maybe saying "dumb" was mean. But I definitely don't see why someone who prioritizes personality would even watch Starcraft to begin with. Might as well just go to TMZ and read interviews.

And I said people who only care about personality are dumb. Not even people who care about it a bit. If you write off a player because you think he's boring (even if he's a bonjwa) then you probably don't give a fuck about Starcraft.
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
August 06 2012 18:28 GMT
#28
On August 07 2012 03:18 ragz_gt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 03:08 Lunchador wrote:
On August 07 2012 03:07 Lyter wrote:
Sorry alive, invisible terran has been taken for a while, pick something else


By who...?

(Wiki)Light


To be fair, aLive acknowledged that at the end of his response.
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 06 2012 18:30 GMT
#29
On August 07 2012 03:28 jobber123rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 03:18 ragz_gt wrote:
On August 07 2012 03:08 Lunchador wrote:
On August 07 2012 03:07 Lyter wrote:
Sorry alive, invisible terran has been taken for a while, pick something else


By who...?

(Wiki)Light


To be fair, aLive acknowledged that at the end of his response.


Yeah, just answer his question.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Yello
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany7411 Posts
August 06 2012 18:32 GMT
#30
Am I the only one who was rooting for Alive in this series? Or in the IPL finals?
I like that guy. Maybe his playstyle is not the most interesting but he's a safe and solid terran. You can learn a lot from him. Maybe he doesn't show his personality as much as MC. But he has talent and heart and for me that's enough to cheer for him.
Just ahead of time, know your addiction's not a crime. It's just a smaller part of who you want to become in the end.
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 06 2012 18:37 GMT
#31
I was rooting for him both time, which is different from remembering him all the time.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
August 06 2012 18:40 GMT
#32
I think a more elaborate T/N about the Light = Invisible terran joke might be worthwhile (don't know if I could do it justice). Maybe.

Thanks for the translation! He's going to lose to Parting!
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
August 06 2012 18:44 GMT
#33
On August 07 2012 02:34 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 02:23 Gosi wrote:
On August 07 2012 02:18 babybell wrote:
Hahhaha typical aLive saying he has no fans.

Well, he don't have many. How many even cared or remember when he won that IPL tournament? Nothing against aLive or anything, but the "invisible terran" is kinda true. He is no personality and he isn't one of the fan favorites like MMA and MVP, he just kinda is another skilled korean Terran that blends in with the rest. :<

I recall a TL article saying the girl at IPL4 got more fans than alive after the tournament that made me laugh when I read it.


Who, Lani_bot? lol
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 18:46:02
August 06 2012 18:45 GMT
#34
Honestly I believe the problem with Alive is not that he has "no personality" but rather the fact that he plays T, you have to consider that the dominant race over the course of those 2 years of starcraft was indeed terran with more than half the gold medals and several periods of 1-3 months when T was practically unbeatable at a pro level.
You have so many korean terrans over these 2 years that have results better or similar to Alive ( MVP, MMA, MKP, Nada, Jjakji, Teja, Polt... the list goes fucking on )
Now lets look at the korean protosses that would have been on the same level with Squirtle in terms of results if he was the one to win that IPL... MC, Hero, recently Seed, pretty much it. Wonder why people were cheering for Squirtle ?

Its the same thing happening with Z recently, a lot of "good" zergs are starting to go unnoticed because zergs are winning so much in the last few months.
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
MetalPanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1152 Posts
August 06 2012 18:48 GMT
#35
On August 07 2012 03:44 jobber123rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 02:34 Fusilero wrote:
On August 07 2012 02:23 Gosi wrote:
On August 07 2012 02:18 babybell wrote:
Hahhaha typical aLive saying he has no fans.

Well, he don't have many. How many even cared or remember when he won that IPL tournament? Nothing against aLive or anything, but the "invisible terran" is kinda true. He is no personality and he isn't one of the fan favorites like MMA and MVP, he just kinda is another skilled korean Terran that blends in with the rest. :<

I recall a TL article saying the girl at IPL4 got more fans than alive after the tournament that made me laugh when I read it.


Who, Lani_bot? lol


Smix, I think.
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
August 06 2012 18:50 GMT
#36
On August 07 2012 01:56 BlindKill wrote:
Q; You won the first game today with a really strong all-in attack.
My team mate recommended this build to me, and I chose to use it today. It was recommended to me by a team mate who just recently joined the team.

This just screams Suhosin -.-


Why not Life or Pet?
#TheOneTrueDong
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
August 06 2012 18:55 GMT
#37
On August 07 2012 03:08 Lunchador wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 03:07 Lyter wrote:
Sorry alive, invisible terran has been taken for a while, pick something else


By who...?


I think I have your sense of humor
Jaedong :3
LongBow
Profile Joined May 2012
United States265 Posts
August 06 2012 18:57 GMT
#38
Thanks for the interviews!
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
August 06 2012 19:03 GMT
#39
On August 07 2012 03:50 TommyP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 01:56 BlindKill wrote:
Q; You won the first game today with a really strong all-in attack.
My team mate recommended this build to me, and I chose to use it today. It was recommended to me by a team mate who just recently joined the team.

This just screams Suhosin -.-


Why not Life or Pet?


I thought about Life too
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
August 06 2012 19:08 GMT
#40
On August 07 2012 03:55 ReketSomething wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 03:08 Lunchador wrote:
On August 07 2012 03:07 Lyter wrote:
Sorry alive, invisible terran has been taken for a while, pick something else


By who...?


I think I have your sense of humor


I spotted that real quick, but I don't think it's intended. Lol.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2560
Hyuk 289
Shinee 80
Hyun 68
Killer 61
ggaemo 54
Hm[arnc] 53
Snow 45
sorry 40
Bale 36
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 29
Bonyth 13
JYJ 11
League of Legends
JimRising 672
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g8582
ArmadaUGS77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick739
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream197
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2342
League of Legends
• Lourlo1489
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 31m
INu's Battles
3h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 31m
Replay Cast
14h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.