• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:24
CEST 00:24
KST 07:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8980 users

Patch 1.5 thoughts? - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 60 Next
Elairec
Profile Joined June 2011
United States410 Posts
July 31 2012 20:45 GMT
#261
So a few first thoughts ...

Cons:

- Game reverts your graphics back to default, so make sure to change them before starting. I didn't do this and was bombarded with ultra and extreme settings that look god awful to me.

- After setting everything to medium for now until I can go back to a mix of low and medium/high, I noticed about 20-30 fps lower difference than previous version on all medium settings. Could just be me though.

- Have low settings been upgraded? I set the game to low and noticed it looked more like the settings found here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=350426

Pros:

- I do like the overall look of bnet. Maybe not the layout, but the look is nice.

- They added a gpu temp to the fps toggle
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
July 31 2012 20:45 GMT
#262
Thoughts? I already hate it because:

"Authorized language pack from blizzard entertainment to use this language"

How can I fix it? Last time this problem was in 2010...
I am not relocalizing my SC2. I have NA version installed. I just hope I don't have to reinstall SC2 NA. Please help
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
JackDT
Profile Joined January 2012
724 Posts
July 31 2012 20:45 GMT
#263
On August 01 2012 05:41 chaos021 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 05:33 -IntEnZ- wrote:
Why don't they integrate better chat channels/clan support etc etc that we all want instead of what seems to me like useless changes. How many players are die hard UMS arcade map fans? Not me at least.


This times a million. It's a giant patch that's done a whole lot of nothing really. If you're into customs great, but it seemed like the custom scene was already working smoothly as it was. All they've done is add bugs so far.


Relative to Brood War or WC3 the custom scene was dead. Most people in those games didn't even play the regular game. Hence the popularity of genres spawned from WC3 customs like Tower Defense and Dota, and now have millions of players on their own.
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
July 31 2012 20:47 GMT
#264
On August 01 2012 05:29 Belha wrote:
Just a recomendation that should be added to the op:

SAVE YOUR "VARIABLES" FILE BEFORE START WITH SC2 1.5

The tard update set graphics (and maybe more options -.-") to defaults.


This times a million, lost all my variables settings - my own fault for not realizing it but still somewhat annoying, I'm having a lot of trouble getting the same performance out of the game I did in the past. Low graphics don't run half as smoothly as they did before :/
I <3 StarCraft.
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
July 31 2012 20:47 GMT
#265
The new graphics on low is nicer but makes my graphics card temperature a lot higher than before, is there anyway to revert back?
PatouPower
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1119 Posts
July 31 2012 20:48 GMT
#266
All I'm pissed about is that I can't play Starcraft for the rest of the day because it's a 1gb patch. At the start I thought it was only 100mb (which I was surprised about because of the Arcade), but then they show you the real cards after "optimizing your SC2 files" and making you download a 1gb patch even if the game is "optimal" to being played. Since it's the end of the month here (5:00 PM on July 31th) I don't have any bandwidth remaining for that
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 20:50:33
July 31 2012 20:48 GMT
#267
I'm having issues with sound balance. Some things seem quieter, others seem louder, etc. Additionally I can hear lava sounds that I couldn't before and don't want to (ambient is still off).
My chat broke in-game once. When I chatted to my party member outside the game it wouldn't even show up unless I/he had the friend list open...
Your own chat in channels is no longer a different colour, making it impossible to find stuff quickly in a mess of text.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
July 31 2012 20:49 GMT
#268
On August 01 2012 05:45 Asturas wrote:
Thoughts? I already hate it because:

"Authorized language pack from blizzard entertainment to use this language"

How can I fix it? Last time this problem was in 2010...
I am not relocalizing my SC2. I have NA version installed. I just hope I don't have to reinstall SC2 NA. Please help


Yeah been having this issue. For some, it's fixable by going into Documents>Starcraft II>Variables.txt and making sure the lines
localeidassets=enUS
localeiddata=enUS
are like so.

Unfortunately this fix hasn't worked for me but it has for others so good luck -_-
CounterOrder
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada457 Posts
July 31 2012 20:50 GMT
#269
On August 01 2012 05:47 NMxhendralisk wrote:
The new graphics on low is nicer but makes my graphics card temperature a lot higher than before, is there anyway to revert back?


I guess im glad i cant DL the patch. My comp would set on fire + all the other issues. I want to play though.

So it gives low graphic users(with weak comps) a better frame rate but higher graphics card temp?
Typho0n
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada276 Posts
July 31 2012 20:51 GMT
#270
On August 01 2012 05:29 Dice. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 21:39 Melty Butter wrote:
Did anyone else notice that it now takes 3 clicks to start queuing for a ladder 1v1, as opposed to 2 clicks before? Maybe it's a minor quibble, but- No, it's not, it's dumb and I don't like it.



100% Agree



.....or press F2 and click... or cry. Either way
Zane
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania3916 Posts
July 31 2012 20:52 GMT
#271
On August 01 2012 05:26 Salv wrote:
The game is bugged, it's like the game patched back to 5 patches ago, queen range is back to 3 instead of 5 - they fucked up.

Is this for ladder or only custom games? Can you 5rax reaper?
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 20:56:35
July 31 2012 20:52 GMT
#272
On August 01 2012 05:49 The KY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 05:45 Asturas wrote:
Thoughts? I already hate it because:

"Authorized language pack from blizzard entertainment to use this language"

How can I fix it? Last time this problem was in 2010...
I am not relocalizing my SC2. I have NA version installed. I just hope I don't have to reinstall SC2 NA. Please help


Yeah been having this issue. For some, it's fixable by going into Documents>Starcraft II>Variables.txt and making sure the lines
localeidassets=enUS
localeiddata=enUS
are like so.

Unfortunately this fix hasn't worked for me but it has for others so good luck -_-



Thank You, it helped. I hope that after 1.5 comes live on EU server I will not have problems with EU SC2 :D
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
Hummingb1rd
Profile Joined December 2010
United States97 Posts
July 31 2012 20:52 GMT
#273
My launcher doesn't even detect 1.5 for download...? I fire up the game and it goes straight to launch, 1.4.4. Anyone else have this problem?
lazyitachi
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
1043 Posts
July 31 2012 20:56 GMT
#274
Seems there is another bug for 1.5

On the career page, the best league achieved is correct but current league display seems wrong.
I think its because it inverted the 1v1 and 4v4 orders.

Anyone else seeing this?
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
July 31 2012 20:57 GMT
#275
On August 01 2012 05:49 The KY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 05:45 Asturas wrote:
Thoughts? I already hate it because:

"Authorized language pack from blizzard entertainment to use this language"

How can I fix it? Last time this problem was in 2010...
I am not relocalizing my SC2. I have NA version installed. I just hope I don't have to reinstall SC2 NA. Please help


Yeah been having this issue. For some, it's fixable by going into Documents>Starcraft II>Variables.txt and making sure the lines
localeidassets=enUS
localeiddata=enUS
are like so.

Unfortunately this fix hasn't worked for me but it has for others so good luck -_-



Thanks for that, fixed it for me!
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
kenkou
Profile Joined September 2010
United States235 Posts
July 31 2012 20:57 GMT
#276
I played 2 custom games against a friend on blizzard version of Daybreak and Cloud Kingdom. It seems there is a bug on Cloud Kingdom where all terran bio upgrades cost 50/50 more. It didn't appear on Daybreak. Hopefully this doesn't affect the ladder version, but I won't be playing that map on customs.
Narfinger
Profile Joined April 2011
53 Posts
July 31 2012 21:00 GMT
#277
Before you report any bugs please make sure you downloaded the whole game.
Perhaps the process of streaming data is still kind of sketchy in customs.
I am a noob, don't listen to me.
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
July 31 2012 21:00 GMT
#278
I can't believe this. They are working for months and then they release a patch full of bugs????
lem0ncake
Profile Joined June 2012
England85 Posts
July 31 2012 21:01 GMT
#279
New UI designed by someone with down syndrome.

User was warned for this post
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
July 31 2012 21:01 GMT
#280
On August 01 2012 06:00 Narfinger wrote:
Before you report any bugs please make sure you downloaded the whole game.
Perhaps the process of streaming data is still kind of sketchy in customs.


^ This is why that happens, if you jump into games before downloading everything you might have outdated patch values as the game is in the process of updating. I had 100 gas 40 second observers my first game I played but it's fixed now that the game is fully downloaded
I <3 StarCraft.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O161
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 161
Hyun 92
Dota 2
monkeys_forever247
League of Legends
Doublelift3396
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5283
Liquid`Hasu496
Other Games
summit1g12364
FrodaN1573
JimRising 324
KnowMe279
Livibee200
ViBE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick707
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra901
Other Games
• imaqtpie1229
• Shiphtur568
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 36m
Patches Events
16h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 36m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.