• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:00
CEST 01:00
KST 08:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7761 users

Patch 1.5 thoughts? - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 60 Next
Rokevo
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1033 Posts
July 31 2012 21:24 GMT
#301
I'm getting really scared reading that low settings arent low anymore. Since low is the only setting that doesnt make my shitty pc explode when there's alot of units on screen.

If they dont fix this that would be really fucked up and would force me to quit the game, I cant afford to buy a new pc, being the poor student that I am
StreetWise
Profile Joined January 2010
United States594 Posts
July 31 2012 21:26 GMT
#302
On August 01 2012 06:08 pallad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 06:06 wcr.4fun wrote:
I don't understand why they changed the 1v1 menu. It looked amazing before, now I can barely see which race i'm playing and I get this tiny ass screen where normally my epic hydralisk would be...

Main menu screen looks too empty. It doesn't make much sense either, the way the screens are divided and organized.
Why not keep Single player/multi player buttosn and then when you click multiplayer you get 2 tabs, starcraft and arcade.

Bunch of other issues as well.

But I really like the arcade, besides still not having some of the basic possibilities that warcraft 3 had...


You still dont get this ?? There are empty spaces etc.. because this patch is to prepere game client for HOTS interface.. it was writen so many times already... They must make this that way..


Both my first and impression and the excuse for it in the quotes. That said, this is the first patch that I have actually felt disapointed and there aren't even any balance changes. Unless you count all the bugs as balance changes. I just hope the HOTS beta is around the corner so I can feel at least a little bit interested in SC2 again.
I will not be poisoned by your bitterness
TitleRug
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States651 Posts
July 31 2012 21:26 GMT
#303
My profile says I'm masters 1v1, but I'm actually only diamond. Oh well, can't say I will complain too much about it
coLCruncher fighting!
meadbert
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States681 Posts
July 31 2012 21:27 GMT
#304
On August 01 2012 06:05 Sub40APM wrote:
Uhm. My SC2 wont even launch anymore. After downloading the patch the game tries to launch the game installer and then tells me I dont have enough space to do a full SC2 install. wtf?

You need an extra 16 gigs of space for the patch? wtttttttttf

Yeah, and once you free the 16 gigs, it then tells you the purpose of the new patch is to take less space on your hard drive. A couple of friends with dual boots that have very little disk space on their windows partition got burned by this.
SilverJohnny
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States885 Posts
July 31 2012 21:28 GMT
#305
It really seems to me that the beta testers for this patch did NOT do their job at all. Numerous bugs for a variety of people, The UI isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be but I don't know if its an improvement either. Maybe I'm just stupid but it appears that tournament maps are no where to be found (tried searching in custom, arcade, scrolling through the games and maps lists, didn't see a single GSL/MLG/TSL/etc map), the textures seem to have gotten worse somehow for low settings (though the minimap seems to be more clear, a nice consolation I guess).

All in All it seems like this patch was really poorly tested and implemented given how long they spent... well, ostensibly testing it but in actuality who knows what they were doing given the large and obvious flubs that are appearing.
also i think you should be able to combine like 5 archons to make a really really shitty oliver stone film - Keanu_Reaver, bw balance genius
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
July 31 2012 21:28 GMT
#306
On August 01 2012 06:26 TitleRug wrote:
My profile says I'm masters 1v1, but I'm actually only diamond. Oh well, can't say I will complain too much about it

On the main page it shows the highest you've achieved in your career.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
July 31 2012 21:29 GMT
#307
Just how much disk space do I need for this patch?
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
TitleRug
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States651 Posts
July 31 2012 21:31 GMT
#308
On August 01 2012 06:28 Cedstick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 06:26 TitleRug wrote:
My profile says I'm masters 1v1, but I'm actually only diamond. Oh well, can't say I will complain too much about it

On the main page it shows the highest you've achieved in your career.

Even so, the highest I ever got was diamond in 1v1
coLCruncher fighting!
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
July 31 2012 21:33 GMT
#309
You can no longer move another window over SC2 when you're alt-tabbed on windowed fullscreen...
http://www.starcraftdream.com
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
July 31 2012 21:33 GMT
#310
On August 01 2012 06:33 eNtitY~ wrote:
You can no longer move another window over SC2 when you're alt-tabbed on windowed fullscreen...


TL is on top of my SC2 right now?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
boomudead1
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States186 Posts
July 31 2012 21:34 GMT
#311
On August 01 2012 06:24 Rokevo wrote:
I'm getting really scared reading that low settings arent low anymore. Since low is the only setting that doesnt make my shitty pc explode when there's alot of units on screen.

If they dont fix this that would be really fucked up and would force me to quit the game, I cant afford to buy a new pc, being the poor student that I am

u can go to your variables.txt and even lower ur lowest settings. fogs.. water.. etextures.. shadows....
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
July 31 2012 21:34 GMT
#312
I like the new look, it's fresh and kind of reminds me of diablo for some reasons (maybe all those illustrations on the buttons?)

Sure it will take getting used to, but I can deal with it. I suppose the biggest thing that annoys me is how I'm so used to clicking the multiplayer button on the upper left after a ladder game to go back to the main ladder screen, but w/e.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Hummingb1rd
Profile Joined December 2010
United States97 Posts
July 31 2012 21:35 GMT
#313
On August 01 2012 05:52 Hummingb1rd wrote:
My launcher doesn't even detect 1.5 for download...? I fire up the game and it goes straight to launch, 1.4.4. Anyone else have this problem?


Repost... anyone else with this problem? I can't even get it to patch
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
July 31 2012 21:37 GMT
#314
Blizzard totally didn't get why people don't like their UI. It wasn't because it didn't look good, it was because it had many flaws in functuality. They just fixed the looks now though and I don't expect them to do any better with Hots. Just look what a downgrade the SC2 Bnet was compared to the WC3 Bnet... it only got worse and I fear the same for Hots.
a_monkey
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada106 Posts
July 31 2012 21:39 GMT
#315
On August 01 2012 06:35 Hummingb1rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 05:52 Hummingb1rd wrote:
My launcher doesn't even detect 1.5 for download...? I fire up the game and it goes straight to launch, 1.4.4. Anyone else have this problem?


Repost... anyone else with this problem? I can't even get it to patch


That's not a problem, that's a feature ;D The whole interface looks a lot darker + more cumbersome. In-game, I don't feel like there's that big of a difference in graphics, but it's a lot darker on the lowest terrain setting. It takes ages to find a player's ladder stats thanks to the utterly useless "General Info" tab. This patch is pretty bad imo.
LordOfDabu
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
United States394 Posts
July 31 2012 21:42 GMT
#316
Am I the only one not able to ping the minimap anymore with just alt+ left click? I have to use alt+g or whatever it is now.
Think fast. Click faster.
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
July 31 2012 21:44 GMT
#317
There are bugs and problems not just within the game, but even with the downloading process, I'm astounded with how much they can fail after such "extensive testing", ffs Blizzard made something bad even worse.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
July 31 2012 21:45 GMT
#318
somehow ....... negative bonus pool exists
@KawaiiRiceLighT
KinoKnighT
Profile Joined December 2010
Vietnam7 Posts
July 31 2012 21:45 GMT
#319
Another problem in this patch i dont know if its just me but i cant seem to click the find match button for 1v1. when i drag my mouse above it, it said that a member in my party does not have client to this content. HELP ME
my SC2 is TigerZ nice to meet u
sage_francis
Profile Joined December 2006
France1823 Posts
July 31 2012 21:47 GMT
#320
very disapointting patch
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O189
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 492
ZZZero.O 189
Hyun 109
Dota 2
monkeys_forever427
League of Legends
Doublelift4167
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4252
Liquid`Hasu471
Other Games
summit1g14235
FrodaN1670
JimRising 384
KnowMe239
Livibee187
ViBE95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick821
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1085
Other Games
• imaqtpie1101
• Shiphtur445
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 1m
Patches Events
16h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 1m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.