• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:01
CEST 20:01
KST 03:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8295 users

TLPD Winrates May 2012 - Page 63

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 71 Next
Jaegeru
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom676 Posts
June 18 2012 16:26 GMT
#1241
On June 19 2012 01:09 CaptainCrush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2012 01:01 monkybone wrote:
Yeah, the patch was severe. But stop playing? Are you crazy?


I stopped playing too, terran is really just not a fun race anymore...
Their idea of balance is getting a little absurd.


Agreed, it's impossible to play vs a good zerg unless you can play like MKP.

Off-raced as Zerg most of yesterday and that was honestly the most fun I've had playing starcraft in bloody ages.
MVP on winning his Fourth GSL - "Yeah I know the routine, take the flowers and cheque, I will kiss the trophy for the photo"
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
June 18 2012 16:26 GMT
#1242
On June 19 2012 01:25 monkybone wrote:
If you're not top pro level Terran you can always get better to defeat the Zergs you are losing to right now. Nothing warrants stopping sc2, not even imbalance.


Just watch some pro terran streams :/ TvZ is dead. Literally.
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
RandomAccount#106470
Profile Joined September 2010
Lithuania1506 Posts
June 18 2012 16:34 GMT
#1243
--- Nuked ---
blamekilly
Profile Joined April 2011
466 Posts
June 18 2012 16:38 GMT
#1244
On June 19 2012 01:25 monkybone wrote:
If you're not top pro level Terran you can always get better to defeat the Zergs you are losing to right now. Nothing warrants stopping sc2, not even imbalance.


could use the same argument to say we're not fighting top pro zergs either. they too have room for improvements. there's a balance issue, you shouldnt have to severely outplay your opponent to win.
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 16:41:30
June 18 2012 16:41 GMT
#1245
On June 19 2012 01:38 blamekilly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2012 01:25 monkybone wrote:
If you're not top pro level Terran you can always get better to defeat the Zergs you are losing to right now. Nothing warrants stopping sc2, not even imbalance.


could use the same argument to say we're not fighting top pro zergs either. they too have room for improvements. there's a balance issue, you shouldnt have to severely outplay your opponent to win.



SEVERELY
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
][Primarch][
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden302 Posts
June 18 2012 16:42 GMT
#1246
On June 19 2012 01:38 blamekilly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2012 01:25 monkybone wrote:
If you're not top pro level Terran you can always get better to defeat the Zergs you are losing to right now. Nothing warrants stopping sc2, not even imbalance.


could use the same argument to say we're not fighting top pro zergs either. they too have room for improvements. there's a balance issue, you shouldnt have to severely outplay your opponent to win.


Yeah but mere logic wont work lol. Some dudes are gonna sit at home and say = if you are not playing at code S level you don't have the right to talk about balance. After MMA just recently "whined" about balance there was actually a zerg who said that since he is not in the code S then he should not even mention balance.

Huge fan of Empire Kas, The Destroyer of Worlds, The Machine, The Second Terminator, The Supreme Robot!
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 17:14:34
June 18 2012 17:13 GMT
#1247
Lol, IMMvp playing ZvT now

+ Show Spoiler +

Nothing to do with balance, although he joked "Toss imba" to the Z
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
June 18 2012 17:15 GMT
#1248
I've completely stopped playing as well. It wasn't fun playing Terran before, but now I feel more frustrated than good when I manage to win a non-mirror.
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
June 18 2012 17:21 GMT
#1249
I am a random player and man, winning when spawning terran has gotten really tough lately. But I see it like a challange. On the ladder you can get away with playing a bit cheesy and that always gives you a lot of possibilities. It is still much better than ZvZ
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
bennedik
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany127 Posts
June 18 2012 17:22 GMT
#1250
On June 19 2012 02:13 Ghanburighan wrote:
Lol, IMMvp playing ZvT now

+ Show Spoiler +

Nothing to do with balance, although he joked "Toss imba" to the Z


After loosing with CC first to a sixpool.
And he won easily as Z.
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
June 18 2012 17:27 GMT
#1251
I heard that GSL statistic before, I thought the person was just trolling... that's pretty bad. That's worse than Z was doing in GSL S1, isn't it?
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
June 18 2012 17:33 GMT
#1252
As a zerg player, the queen buff has made TVZ so boring to play. It used to be fun playing against all the terran all ins and timing pushes that created a diverse matchup. Even just the simple back and forth battle of trying to spread my creep in the early game against the 4 hellion contain at my ramp was fun. Now I do the 6 queen opening and I am literally safe against EVERYTHING. I hope the queen buff is reverted and we go back to the old TVZ because the matchup is really shit in its current form.
"let your freak flag fly"
Starshaped
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Sweden575 Posts
June 18 2012 17:33 GMT
#1253
Terrans quitting the game is the best way to let Blizzard know how broken the game is at the moment.

I get a TvT on ladder every ~20 or so games it feels like, lol...
My Starcraft 2, gaming and e-sports-related blog: http://starshapedthoughts.blogspot.com/
zmansman17
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2567 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 17:41:33
June 18 2012 17:39 GMT
#1254
On June 19 2012 01:26 Jaegeru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2012 01:09 CaptainCrush wrote:
On June 19 2012 01:01 monkybone wrote:
Yeah, the patch was severe. But stop playing? Are you crazy?


I stopped playing too, terran is really just not a fun race anymore...
Their idea of balance is getting a little absurd.


Agreed, it's impossible to play vs a good zerg unless you can play like MKP.

Off-raced as Zerg most of yesterday and that was honestly the most fun I've had playing starcraft in bloody ages.


Yeah over the last 2 seasons I have done some experimenting since I have heard that Protoss and Zerg are harder to play
than Terran and Terran players are "whining" and should "just learn to adapt".

As a little background information, I've been a top 8 master Terran for 5 seasons, peaking at Rank 1 master Terran last season.

Anyway, so 2 seasons ago, I took up Protoss and spent some time in 1v1 obs game learning to play it. Got another account and quickly hit the same rank and point value as my Terran and then actually eclipsed that point value. This really upset me because I Didn't even think I was good at Protoss yet I was able to attain more points than I had whilst dedicating myself to Terran.

I also tried Zerg and read up on injecting methods, timing, etc. and also was easily able to hit top 8 master. I think I could actually go further with Zerg than either Terran or Protoss, but I don't like the idea of jumping on the bandwagon or taking the easy way out. Hence why I have stayed with Terran through everything.

In any case, I concluded that TvZ is insanely more difficult for the Terran player and even TvP, I find it much easier to play Protoss. Both of the latter races permit you to sit back, defend, tech up and create an informed and extremely strong unit comp. Terran relies on hit-and-run tactics, which, if they do little to no damage, you are actually behind. And at this point in the game, why should those drops ever do damage if you are a good player? You should know when what times they should come, what units to have in position, where to have Overlords or Observers positioned, where to drop cannons, or a group of ling/bane present.

I am really looking forward to HotS so that Terran gets less micro intensive units so we can dedicate more time to sitting back like the other races. And indeed, David Kim mentioned this very point in a recent interview that Terran should be able to do this.



♞ - His EKG is flattening get me a defib stat! Prepped and Ready! - ♞
zmansman17
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2567 Posts
June 18 2012 17:43 GMT
#1255
On June 19 2012 02:33 Starshaped wrote:
Terrans quitting the game is the best way to let Blizzard know how broken the game is at the moment.

I get a TvT on ladder every ~20 or so games it feels like, lol...


Yeah I've played 20 games and have had 2 Terrans, 11 Zergs, 7 Protoss.
♞ - His EKG is flattening get me a defib stat! Prepped and Ready! - ♞
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 17:43:57
June 18 2012 17:43 GMT
#1256
^^Great make the game dumb for all 3 races
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
June 18 2012 17:48 GMT
#1257
On June 19 2012 02:39 zmansman17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2012 01:26 Jaegeru wrote:
On June 19 2012 01:09 CaptainCrush wrote:
On June 19 2012 01:01 monkybone wrote:
Yeah, the patch was severe. But stop playing? Are you crazy?


I stopped playing too, terran is really just not a fun race anymore...
Their idea of balance is getting a little absurd.


Agreed, it's impossible to play vs a good zerg unless you can play like MKP.

Off-raced as Zerg most of yesterday and that was honestly the most fun I've had playing starcraft in bloody ages.


Yeah over the last 2 seasons I have done some experimenting since I have heard that Protoss and Zerg are harder to play
than Terran and Terran players are "whining" and should "just learn to adapt".

As a little background information, I've been a top 8 master Terran for 5 seasons, peaking at Rank 1 master Terran last season.

Anyway, so 2 seasons ago, I took up Protoss and spent some time in 1v1 obs game learning to play it. Got another account and quickly hit the same rank and point value as my Terran and then actually eclipsed that point value. This really upset me because I Didn't even think I was good at Protoss yet I was able to attain more points than I had whilst dedicating myself to Terran.

I also tried Zerg and read up on injecting methods, timing, etc. and also was easily able to hit top 8 master. I think I could actually go further with Zerg than either Terran or Protoss, but I don't like the idea of jumping on the bandwagon or taking the easy way out. Hence why I have stayed with Terran through everything.

In any case, I concluded that TvZ is insanely more difficult for the Terran player and even TvP, I find it much easier to play Protoss. Both of the latter races permit you to sit back, defend, tech up and create an informed and extremely strong unit comp. Terran relies on hit-and-run tactics, which, if they do little to no damage, you are actually behind. And at this point in the game, why should those drops ever do damage if you are a good player? You should know when what times they should come, what units to have in position, where to have Overlords or Observers positioned, where to drop cannons, or a group of ling/bane present.

I am really looking forward to HotS so that Terran gets less micro intensive units so we can dedicate more time to sitting back like the other races. And indeed, David Kim mentioned this very point in a recent interview that Terran should be able to do this.





I agree with a lot of what you said except the last part. It shouldn't be terrans that get less micro-intensive units, its zerg and protoss that need to be re-worked so their units scale better with micro, and their new units should require much more micro.
If not then this game becomes a boring attack-move feast, micro and micro scaling units are the best thing in SC2, all compositions and all match-ups that require micro are the best.

TvP, when it actually gets to the level of MKP vs PartinG, those beautiful back and forth fights, the stutter step, the splits the storm dodging, the flanks. TvZ in its heyday of ling, bing & muta, stutter step, marine splits, bane splits, focus fire, magic box.

No player should have to play substantially better to beat another player, but making more attack-move friendly units to balance this out is NOT the right way to do it.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Veriol
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic502 Posts
June 18 2012 17:58 GMT
#1258
I love how after month of non-winning terrans "'quit'' the game :D not like Z/P was loosing for the whole existance of sc2.. Just get grip on urselves; wait and see how it evolve or even i dont know .. try to think of something (qxc bunker).
"When you play, you have to start off with a mind to turn the game into a rape." -iloveoov
Blyadischa
Profile Joined April 2010
419 Posts
June 18 2012 18:06 GMT
#1259
On June 19 2012 02:58 Veriol wrote:
I love how after month of non-winning terrans "'quit'' the game :D not like Z/P was loosing for the whole existance of sc2.. Just get grip on urselves; wait and see how it evolve or even i dont know .. try to think of something (qxc bunker).


You don't understand, the game was relatively balanced by last year. Almost EVERY SINGLE PATCH has included a nerf of terran, or another change in the game that indirectly fucks terran over. Every single patch terran has adapted and continued to do relatively well, but this change is simply too much. There are no more viable options for terran to try.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
June 18 2012 18:08 GMT
#1260
On June 19 2012 02:58 Veriol wrote:
I love how after month of non-winning terrans "'quit'' the game :D not like Z/P was loosing for the whole existance of sc2.. Just get grip on urselves; wait and see how it evolve or even i dont know .. try to think of something (qxc bunker).


Why should Terran evolve ? That's what they always did during the life of the game. On other hand, Protoss and Zerg whined over and over to mother Blizzard asking for buffs instead of trying new composition.

Also I can't fully blame Blizzard. They had to choose between losing 2 thirds of their player pool ( Z and P ) or just 1 third. They made the obvious decision, since they are a business.

Enjoy your ladder with only two races.

GLHF.
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 383
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1185
actioN 472
BeSt 208
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 98
Zeus 71
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 27
ToSsGirL 24
[ Show more ]
Sexy 23
Bale 22
JYJ 21
Shine 19
NaDa 9
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7294
qojqva2135
Dendi733
420jenkins151
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1168
Fnx 727
x6flipin361
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu773
Other Games
Beastyqt733
B2W.Neo592
ceh9506
byalli344
ArmadaUGS162
C9.Mang0148
KnowMe148
Khaldor133
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr54
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH309
• StrangeGG 61
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV408
League of Legends
• Nemesis3758
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 59m
Stellar Fest
18h 59m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.