• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:29
CEST 03:29
KST 10:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8198 users

TLPD Winrates May 2012 - Page 61

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 71 Next
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
June 18 2012 13:32 GMT
#1201
Totally agree on TvZ being completely retarded right now (unless I'm obviously not a pro but a noob)... I really don't know what Blizz was thinking when patching towards this... Earlygame in TvZ is almost non-existent unless you do some all-in-ish bunker rush, the amount of creep spread in the first 10 mins (when done decent) is just ridiculous! Also Terran has no equivalent T3 army to go for in the lategame.

TvZ was always the perfect and most interesting matches to watch, but recently it's a mere joke (Taeja being the only T left to qualify for Ro8)!

And referring to Terran having been imba for almost 1 years and a half obviously is just stupid IMO since that doesn't justify another race being imba in the current state of the game... Also the tendency of having dull macro-games in EVERY matchup where nothing happens until the 10+ min mark doesn't comfort me, since variations is what makes StarCraft interesting!
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
scypio
Profile Joined December 2011
Poland2127 Posts
June 18 2012 13:50 GMT
#1202
Hero just rolfstomped Taeja 2:0 with a simple 2-base colo on that "asymmetrically imbalanced map" Cloud Kingdom. So there will be exactly 0 terrans in DHS ro8.

Well, I guess I'll watch GSL code S this evening... feels like the last stand.
I play random | I like Hots | INnoVation | sOs | Tefel TOP1!
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 13:55:47
June 18 2012 13:52 GMT
#1203
--- Nuked ---
Tryagain4free
Profile Joined March 2012
81 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 14:03:39
June 18 2012 14:02 GMT
#1204
If you listend very carefully, you can hear the terrans singing "The Fields of Athenry"

Blasterion, are you still camping this thred? Maybe the time has come for some of your inspiring speeches. Sth like: The FEW, the Proud, the Terrans...?
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
June 18 2012 14:05 GMT
#1205
On June 18 2012 22:50 scypio wrote:
Hero just rolfstomped Taeja 2:0 with a simple 2-base colo on that "asymmetrically imbalanced map" Cloud Kingdom. So there will be exactly 0 terrans in DHS ro8.

Well, I guess I'll watch GSL code S this evening... feels like the last stand.

yea but see this is why you aren't a pro. if you think it was a 'simple 2 base colo'

there's much much more depth to a game than that.
hi. big fan.
scypio
Profile Joined December 2011
Poland2127 Posts
June 18 2012 14:17 GMT
#1206
On June 18 2012 23:05 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2012 22:50 scypio wrote:
Hero just rolfstomped Taeja 2:0 with a simple 2-base colo on that "asymmetrically imbalanced map" Cloud Kingdom. So there will be exactly 0 terrans in DHS ro8.

Well, I guess I'll watch GSL code S this evening... feels like the last stand.

yea but see this is why you aren't a pro. if you think it was a 'simple 2 base colo'

there's much much more depth to a game than that.


This "you're not a pro" talk is just ridiculous. I don't need to be a pro to watch a football game and I don't need to be a pro to watch starcraft. Also, I may like the games (or not like them) regardless of whether I play them or else.

I've been watching SC2 for a over a year and it's getting worse over the time. DHS seems to be just-another-nail-in-the coffin.

No wonder Blizzard is going to sell a million units of HoTS, that's the only saving grace in sight.
I play random | I like Hots | INnoVation | sOs | Tefel TOP1!
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 14:21:42
June 18 2012 14:19 GMT
#1207
--- Nuked ---
Toadvine
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland2234 Posts
June 18 2012 14:25 GMT
#1208
On June 18 2012 20:30 scypio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2012 20:14 Toadvine wrote:
See, this is the problem with continuing to balance the game around Zerg greed, TvZ was in a great place before the patch, because Terran could actually pressure Zerg and delay their third without being all-in. Now TvZ has turned into PvZ, where it's standard for Zerg to get to 70 drones with no units on the field, and then immediately tech to Hive when he confirms no all-in coming. I'm sorry, but this is just fucking retarded. In PvZ, the early and mid game basically don't exist unless either side all-ins. In a standard game, you go straight to late game, and that's just nonsensical.

And the solution is not to give Terran a lategame unit capable of handling Hive tech, that just makes the game even more boring. Blizzard really need to man up and nerf Spawn Larvae in HotS, so Zerg can actually play more reasonably.


Yeah, I agree with the above. And, with the current state of meta there is one more thing that concerns me...

SC2 nowadays is so horribly dull to watch. It started some time ago at the master/gm level, when Playhem daily cups become a ZvZ / ZvP fest. Now it's starting to take over major tournaments (look, there are 3 terrans in ro16 DHS, stacked in the same part of bracket!)... and probably GSL will be next.

For me TvZ was the best matchup to watch before the make-ghosts-in-tvz-extinct nerf. And it's been going downhill from there, now it has more of TvP feeling then ever. There's one composition to rule them all (and a bit of horribly inefficient cheese) - and this is not a good thing.


PvP is actually my favorite matchup to play on the ladder nowadays. Sure, there's a lot of cheese and arbitrary BO advantages, but at least stuff actually happens, and I don't have to wait 10 in-game minutes before me or my opponent can do something.
"There are always some Eskimos ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves." - S.J.Lec
joeschmo
Profile Joined January 2011
United States167 Posts
June 18 2012 14:31 GMT
#1209
all of the match ups are crap nowadays,
HOTS has some fun units but since pros need balance they will all get nerfed into a specific metagame we're sure
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
June 18 2012 14:37 GMT
#1210
On June 18 2012 23:17 scypio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2012 23:05 FataLe wrote:
On June 18 2012 22:50 scypio wrote:
Hero just rolfstomped Taeja 2:0 with a simple 2-base colo on that "asymmetrically imbalanced map" Cloud Kingdom. So there will be exactly 0 terrans in DHS ro8.

Well, I guess I'll watch GSL code S this evening... feels like the last stand.

yea but see this is why you aren't a pro. if you think it was a 'simple 2 base colo'

there's much much more depth to a game than that.


This "you're not a pro" talk is just ridiculous. I don't need to be a pro to watch a football game and I don't need to be a pro to watch starcraft. Also, I may like the games (or not like them) regardless of whether I play them or else.

I've been watching SC2 for a over a year and it's getting worse over the time. DHS seems to be just-another-nail-in-the coffin.

No wonder Blizzard is going to sell a million units of HoTS, that's the only saving grace in sight.

what i'm saying is you can't just pass something like a 2 base colo push as simple. There's much more to it than that. and that's what sets spectators apart from pros. they have depth. you don't. stop whining.
hi. big fan.
scypio
Profile Joined December 2011
Poland2127 Posts
June 18 2012 14:45 GMT
#1211
On June 18 2012 23:37 FataLe wrote:
what i'm saying is you can't just pass something like a 2 base colo push as simple. There's much more to it than that. and that's what sets spectators apart from pros. they have depth. you don't. stop whining.


I'm the one watching the games and I'm the one judging them. I have all the right to whine. I can complain about a movie - I am not a movie director. I can complain about dish at a restaurant - I am not a chef. I can complain about a car I drive - I'm not an automotive engineer.

Can you see the analogy? Seriously, quit this "you're not a pro" talk, it's stupid.
I play random | I like Hots | INnoVation | sOs | Tefel TOP1!
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
June 18 2012 14:46 GMT
#1212
On June 18 2012 23:37 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2012 23:17 scypio wrote:
On June 18 2012 23:05 FataLe wrote:
On June 18 2012 22:50 scypio wrote:
Hero just rolfstomped Taeja 2:0 with a simple 2-base colo on that "asymmetrically imbalanced map" Cloud Kingdom. So there will be exactly 0 terrans in DHS ro8.

Well, I guess I'll watch GSL code S this evening... feels like the last stand.

yea but see this is why you aren't a pro. if you think it was a 'simple 2 base colo'

there's much much more depth to a game than that.


This "you're not a pro" talk is just ridiculous. I don't need to be a pro to watch a football game and I don't need to be a pro to watch starcraft. Also, I may like the games (or not like them) regardless of whether I play them or else.

I've been watching SC2 for a over a year and it's getting worse over the time. DHS seems to be just-another-nail-in-the coffin.

No wonder Blizzard is going to sell a million units of HoTS, that's the only saving grace in sight.

what i'm saying is you can't just pass something like a 2 base colo push as simple. There's much more to it than that. and that's what sets spectators apart from pros. they have depth. you don't. stop whining.


So I expect you are a pro, so you can evaluate the movements of hero. It's wrong to say Hero's play was simple. But it's also wrong to overestimate every little move a (pro) player makes during a game. This insane glorification of banal moves really pisses me off. As if a nexus cancel is somewhat new or insanely creative these days. This stuff has been around forever. yeah it was a well executed 2base timing attack. But that's what you should expect at the very least from a (code s) pro player. This is nothing you should go crazy about.... -_-
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
June 18 2012 14:47 GMT
#1213
Complete crap. The mere hint of Z or P doing this poorly and you'd see an interview about bunker time nerfs.
Jaegeru
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 14:52:46
June 18 2012 14:51 GMT
#1214
imo the best things that could be done to balance tvz are:

- The queen buff just needs to be removed or change range to 4. (it's pretty obvious that the queen buff was terrible and broke tvz)

- Slightly nerf infestors so they don't counter everything that terran uses - slight fungal nerf vs air so vikings aren't directly countered by infestors, or alternativy reduce fungal growths radius to 1.5 ( The same as every other spellcaster )

- Buff ghosts a little to say 35??? (Halfway between what it was before and what it is now)
MVP on winning his Fourth GSL - "Yeah I know the routine, take the flowers and cheque, I will kiss the trophy for the photo"
CaptainCrush
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States785 Posts
June 18 2012 14:55 GMT
#1215
Haha, everyone, especially terrans claimed "dafuq" when they saw that queen buff. Now that terran is losing in both matchups internatinally and getting absolutely raped in Korea, I want to hear what exactly dustin and david thought when they implemented this....

SKDN
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden243 Posts
June 18 2012 14:56 GMT
#1216
I think the lategame stage is fine if you micro well TvZ but getting there against good zergs is tough
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
June 18 2012 14:58 GMT
#1217
Please increase the build time of hive tech and 3/3 upgrades for toss and terran! The late game comes too fast in this game!!!
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
June 18 2012 14:59 GMT
#1218
--- Nuked ---
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
June 18 2012 15:00 GMT
#1219
On June 18 2012 23:55 CaptainCrush wrote:
Haha, everyone, especially terrans claimed "dafuq" when they saw that queen buff. Now that terran is losing in both matchups internatinally and getting absolutely raped in Korea, I want to hear what exactly dustin and david thought when they implemented this....



Dustin and David are probably very happy with their patch, because their ultra-hyper super sophisticated statistical method of balancing and observing balance, tells them that the game is more balanced then it ever has been. For some reason the only balance issues that seem to pop up on their radar always involve buffing Toss/Zerg and/or nerfing Terran.

I really wish they would become aware of this and revert this nerf and a couple of other older ones, but I'm losing faith in them to actually properly balance the game.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
June 18 2012 15:01 GMT
#1220
Why would you increase them relatively? lol that's stupid
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings48
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 617
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
taco 202
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox685
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 607
C9.Mang0338
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Livibee61
ArmadaUGS48
Day[9].tv35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv35
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 32m
Stellar Fest
11h 32m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.