• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7771 users

Flash practicing sc2 article translation - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 46 Next All
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
April 29 2012 18:50 GMT
#241
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
April 29 2012 18:51 GMT
#242
On April 30 2012 03:48 -TesteR- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


It's hard to respect him if he doesn't do amazing due to the "elephant in the room" thread.


Yeah, because Flash personally posted on that thread. God, how bad TL has become.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
April 29 2012 18:53 GMT
#243
So is the Brood war scene gone as a total ?
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
April 29 2012 19:04 GMT
#244
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


No he qualified at his first try.

I don't think he only practiced for a month. He told his parents to give him one month and he'll quit if he didn't make it. I'm pretty sure he played BW for a lot longer than a month.

But I agree that it's probably harder to win Courage like that after 1 month than getting into Code S (right now). Hell, even Jaedong took like 3 tries I think?

Why wouldn't you consider him good back then? He was always good I think, just a bit cheesy and 14CC'ed every game lol. He made solid runs during his first years.
sebsejr
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
213 Posts
April 29 2012 19:07 GMT
#245
I cannot wait to see him play sc2 in some tournament! gogo flash! <3
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
April 29 2012 19:10 GMT
#246
Well, I do hope Flash will be at top of SC2, because if he doesn't I feel a lot of BW fans will have their confirmation that sc2 has a lower skill ceiling and is inherently an inferior game to bw, which will only hurt the chances of bw fanbase accepting sc2
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
April 29 2012 19:14 GMT
#247
On April 30 2012 04:04 K3Nyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


No he qualified at his first try.

I don't think he only practiced for a month. He told his parents to give him one month and he'll quit if he didn't make it. I'm pretty sure he played BW for a lot longer than a month.

But I agree that it's probably harder to win Courage like that after 1 month than getting into Code S (right now). Hell, even Jaedong took like 3 tries I think?

Why wouldn't you consider him good back then? He was always good I think, just a bit cheesy and 14CC'ed every game lol. He made solid runs during his first years.

8 times, or so they said on MBC channel.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 19:19:23
April 29 2012 19:15 GMT
#248
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


I pretty sure he said in an interview that he told his parents he's going to give progaming a try, but if he doesn't get drafted after a month, he's going to quit.


@K3Nyy

He played it casually with friends in a PCBang. That's not even as serious as playing on iCCup. And I meant good by progamer standards. He was not on the A team of P&C (his first team), he showed potential, but was definitely not good in progamer terms.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
April 29 2012 19:16 GMT
#249
On April 30 2012 04:14 Ryo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 04:04 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


No he qualified at his first try.

I don't think he only practiced for a month. He told his parents to give him one month and he'll quit if he didn't make it. I'm pretty sure he played BW for a lot longer than a month.

But I agree that it's probably harder to win Courage like that after 1 month than getting into Code S (right now). Hell, even Jaedong took like 3 tries I think?

Why wouldn't you consider him good back then? He was always good I think, just a bit cheesy and 14CC'ed every game lol. He made solid runs during his first years.

8 times, or so they said on MBC channel.


LOL wow, sorry my mistake. ><"
babybell
Profile Joined June 2011
776 Posts
April 29 2012 19:19 GMT
#250
Imagine the godlike marine splitting ... ooohhh my god I can't wait.
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
April 29 2012 19:20 GMT
#251
On April 30 2012 04:15 maybenexttime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


I pretty sure he said in an interview that he told his parents he's going to give progaming a try, but if he doesn't get drafted after a month, he's going to quit.


@K3Nyy

He played it casually with friends in a PCBang. That's not even as serious as playing on iCCup. And I meant good by progamer standards. He was not on the A team of P&C (his first team), he showed potential, but was definitely not good in progamer terms.


i think what he said was if he didn't win an OSL within the first year of going pro he'd quit
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
April 29 2012 19:20 GMT
#252
On April 30 2012 04:04 K3Nyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


No he qualified at his first try.

I don't think he only practiced for a month. He told his parents to give him one month and he'll quit if he didn't make it. I'm pretty sure he played BW for a lot longer than a month.

But I agree that it's probably harder to win Courage like that after 1 month than getting into Code S (right now). Hell, even Jaedong took like 3 tries I think?

Why wouldn't you consider him good back then? He was always good I think, just a bit cheesy and 14CC'ed every game lol. He made solid runs during his first years.

Flash didn't win Courage on his first try.

Jangbi for one beat him.

Q: You will meet (T)Flash in the Round of 8.
A: (T)Flash is a player that after his debut, has been continuing to put out consistent results. He has received attention ever since he was a practice partner and has been reigning as the best player for over 5 years. But as for me, I have a positive momentum following me. I have an experience where I defeated Flash in the 2005 Courage Tournament finals and acquired qualification to become a semi-progamer.

Moderator。◕‿◕。
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
April 29 2012 19:22 GMT
#253
On April 30 2012 04:04 K3Nyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


No he qualified at his first try.

I don't think he only practiced for a month. He told his parents to give him one month and he'll quit if he didn't make it. I'm pretty sure he played BW for a lot longer than a month.

But I agree that it's probably harder to win Courage like that after 1 month than getting into Code S (right now). Hell, even Jaedong took like 3 tries I think?

Why wouldn't you consider him good back then? He was always good I think, just a bit cheesy and 14CC'ed every game lol. He made solid runs during his first years.


My bad. You are correct. You are also correct about him not only practising a month. Or well, it depends on what one means by practise. It took him one month after he decided he'd try to go pro to obtain the license. But he had played the game before that decision. And yes, I entirely agree. Winning Courage like that is most likely harder than getting into Code S. After all I don't think anyone else has done that but Flash.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
April 29 2012 19:22 GMT
#254
On April 30 2012 04:20 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 04:04 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


No he qualified at his first try.

I don't think he only practiced for a month. He told his parents to give him one month and he'll quit if he didn't make it. I'm pretty sure he played BW for a lot longer than a month.

But I agree that it's probably harder to win Courage like that after 1 month than getting into Code S (right now). Hell, even Jaedong took like 3 tries I think?

Why wouldn't you consider him good back then? He was always good I think, just a bit cheesy and 14CC'ed every game lol. He made solid runs during his first years.

Flash didn't win Courage on his first try.

Jangbi for one beat him.

Show nested quote +
Q: You will meet (T)Flash in the Round of 8.
A: (T)Flash is a player that after his debut, has been continuing to put out consistent results. He has received attention ever since he was a practice partner and has been reigning as the best player for over 5 years. But as for me, I have a positive momentum following me. I have an experience where I defeated Flash in the 2005 Courage Tournament finals and acquired qualification to become a semi-progamer.



Really? I was so sure I read before that he qualified on his first try, or was it the first month?

Okay I'll stop talking then. haha T_T;;
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
April 29 2012 19:23 GMT
#255
"During the summer break of his first middle school year, Flash decided to become a progamer, and he told his parents “I want to use a month of my break to go to Seoul and live in a practice house, and officially begin studying Starcraft.”

“In the beginning, my parents strongly opposed me. I begged them and said ‘I will get progamer status in a month. If I can’t, I’ll give it up.’ My parents accepted this condition. But even though I promised this, I was unsure if I could do it.”

And so, from his home in Daejoon, he used this summer break to move to Seoul and began his life practicing. Miraculously, he successfully achieved progamer status in a month. The speed at which his abilities increased was astonishing. But on the day he achieved his progamer status, he was stopped in the Ro4 of the offline prelims. But his parents decided that he could attain success as a progamer."

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129095
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 19:26:01
April 29 2012 19:25 GMT
#256
On April 30 2012 04:20 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 04:04 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:50 Squeegy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:39 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.


I am fairly sure Flash failed to qualify through Courage a few times before obtaining the license. Your point still stands. Just because other people have played longer does not mean one can't catch up. TL newbies will have to realize that these Stephanos and MMAs are nothing but regional level champions to our Olympic level Flash.


No he qualified at his first try.

I don't think he only practiced for a month. He told his parents to give him one month and he'll quit if he didn't make it. I'm pretty sure he played BW for a lot longer than a month.

But I agree that it's probably harder to win Courage like that after 1 month than getting into Code S (right now). Hell, even Jaedong took like 3 tries I think?

Why wouldn't you consider him good back then? He was always good I think, just a bit cheesy and 14CC'ed every game lol. He made solid runs during his first years.

Flash didn't win Courage on his first try.

Jangbi for one beat him.

Show nested quote +
Q: You will meet (T)Flash in the Round of 8.
A: (T)Flash is a player that after his debut, has been continuing to put out consistent results. He has received attention ever since he was a practice partner and has been reigning as the best player for over 5 years. But as for me, I have a positive momentum following me. I have an experience where I defeated Flash in the 2005 Courage Tournament finals and acquired qualification to become a semi-progamer.



Confusion.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=129095

"During the summer break of his first middle school year, Flash decided to become a progamer, and he told his parents “I want to use a month of my break to go to Seoul and live in a practice house, and officially begin studying Starcraft.”

“In the beginning, my parents strongly opposed me. I begged them and said ‘I will get progamer status in a month. If I can’t, I’ll give it up.’ My parents accepted this condition. But even though I promised this, I was unsure if I could do it.”

And so, from his home in Daejoon, he used this summer break to move to Seoul and began his life practicing. Miraculously, he successfully achieved progamer status in a month. The speed at which his abilities increased was astonishing. But on the day he achieved his progamer status, he was stopped in the Ro4 of the offline prelims. But his parents decided that he could attain success as a progamer. In 2007, in the third year of middle school, he joined KTF MagicNs. He was only 15."

Maybe before seriously deciding to go pro he had attempted the courage tournament.

Oh, you beat me to it maybenexttime.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
April 29 2012 19:33 GMT
#257
On April 30 2012 03:48 -TesteR- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


It's hard to respect him if he doesn't do amazing due to the "elephant in the room" thread.


Even if he doesn't perform as well as many people assume he will that doesn't take away from the fact that he is the best RTS player in BW and likely ever.
ForgottenOne
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania236 Posts
April 29 2012 19:37 GMT
#258
VODs anyone?
Born free, as free as the wind blows...
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
April 29 2012 19:42 GMT
#259
The problem for the current SC2 players is that they're human. Humans can't beat Flash.
can i get my estro logo back pls
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
April 29 2012 19:43 GMT
#260
It's likely he lost but was drafted regardless because they decided he was talented and deserved it.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 234
NeuroSwarm 207
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21180
Dewaltoss 142
Bale 45
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Other Games
summit1g12667
JimRising 785
Sick126
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 25
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2108
League of Legends
• Lourlo1169
• Rush756
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 8m
Replay Cast
18h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.