• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7771 users

Flash practicing sc2 article translation - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 46 Next All
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
April 29 2012 18:13 GMT
#221
On April 30 2012 03:02 ppshchik wrote:
Yup, just hype Flash just like you guys hype ForGG.

*ForGG gets into Code S* OMG ForGG is going to win GSL soon!
*ForGG gets owned in Code S* ForGG is way past his prime, wait till Flash switches over!

*Flash plays SC2* OMG Flash is going to win GSL soon!
*If Flash gets owned in SC2* SC2 is a stupidly easy game that does not reward skill!

Flash is and always was on a whole different level than ForGG...
Tarotis
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Germany1931 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 18:16:08
April 29 2012 18:15 GMT
#222
On April 30 2012 03:13 Tump wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:02 ppshchik wrote:
Yup, just hype Flash just like you guys hype ForGG.

*ForGG gets into Code S* OMG ForGG is going to win GSL soon!
*ForGG gets owned in Code S* ForGG is way past his prime, wait till Flash switches over!

*Flash plays SC2* OMG Flash is going to win GSL soon!
*If Flash gets owned in SC2* SC2 is a stupidly easy game that does not reward skill!

Flash is and always was on a whole different level than everybody...

Fixed that for you
Looking forward to seeing thos eplayers join the scene!
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
April 29 2012 18:20 GMT
#223
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.
chosenkerrigan
Profile Joined May 2011
858 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 18:21:03
April 29 2012 18:20 GMT
#224
A lot of people in this thread forgot a simple fact that MOST of the Korean SC2 pros came from BW. Most of the top Kr (except Polt) players have a BW background. It is true to some extent that BW Pros do dominate SC2.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 29 2012 18:20 GMT
#225
Game over foreigners...game over

I wish I could see the FPVOD of him doing the micro custom games.
Gingerninja
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1339 Posts
April 29 2012 18:23 GMT
#226
I'm more interested in seeing the players who would have played BW but instead will now play SC2... so rather than Flash.. I want to see the next Flash appearing, the next Jaedong.
Although I still can't wait to see Jaedong as an SC2 zerg.
戦いの中に答えはある
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
April 29 2012 18:24 GMT
#227
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
April 29 2012 18:24 GMT
#228
On April 30 2012 03:20 Dodgin wrote:
Game over foreigners...game over

I wish I could see the FPVOD of him doing the micro custom games.

hardly think that its game over for foreigners unless you thought it was already over from korean dominance.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 18:27:12
April 29 2012 18:26 GMT
#229
On April 30 2012 03:24 sc14s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:20 Dodgin wrote:
Game over foreigners...game over

I wish I could see the FPVOD of him doing the micro custom games.

hardly think that its game over for foreigners unless you thought it was already over from korean dominance.


Well I kind of did until recently ( dh,gsl ), but just imagine when the current korean sc2 progamers + these guys also come to foreign tournaments.

It will be like every tournament is IPL4.
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
April 29 2012 18:27 GMT
#230
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 18:28:20
April 29 2012 18:27 GMT
#231
On April 30 2012 03:09 Vari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:07 Garmer wrote:
actually the original was: "Starcraft 2's greatest mistake was naming itself after the greatest of all: Starcraft: Brood War."

which is still basically saying "I'll never accept sc2 because I love BW too much"

which I can't argue with but it's not a compelling reason for anyone else to agree that sc2 is less interesting for spectators (again assuming flash can come in and blow us away)


SC2 could benefit from removing the stupid ball wars, as a spectator game, maybe this will happen with LOTV , who knows..
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
April 29 2012 18:28 GMT
#232
On April 30 2012 03:26 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:24 sc14s wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 Dodgin wrote:
Game over foreigners...game over

I wish I could see the FPVOD of him doing the micro custom games.

hardly think that its game over for foreigners unless you thought it was already over from korean dominance.


Well I kind of did until recently ( dh,gsl ), but just imagine when the current korean sc2 progamers + these guys also come to foreign tournaments.

It will be like every tournament is IPL4.

that was where it was headed already.. so why would it matter if BW players came or not?
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
April 29 2012 18:28 GMT
#233
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;

meh, most people know that it takes awhile to acclimate to sc2.. he wasn't god mode instantly but he did get fucking good really fast in BW.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 29 2012 18:30 GMT
#234
On April 30 2012 03:28 sc14s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:26 Dodgin wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:24 sc14s wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 Dodgin wrote:
Game over foreigners...game over

I wish I could see the FPVOD of him doing the micro custom games.

hardly think that its game over for foreigners unless you thought it was already over from korean dominance.


Well I kind of did until recently ( dh,gsl ), but just imagine when the current korean sc2 progamers + these guys also come to foreign tournaments.

It will be like every tournament is IPL4.

that was where it was headed already.. so why would it matter if BW players came or not?


Well unless they start hosting PL/gstl finals at every tournament it won't be like that again, I think there were literally more Koreans than foreigners at that event and 16+ of them from startale/prime that wouldn't have otherwise come.

Oh and of course the obligatory " any tournament flash goes to no one else has a chance to win "

Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
April 29 2012 18:34 GMT
#235
This is almost unreal, to hear these words from Flash.

I am very happy though, and a little scared at the same time lol. I really hope he does do well.
Skol
TemujinGK
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States483 Posts
April 29 2012 18:35 GMT
#236
I just wish we could have broodwar and we could have starcraft 2.

I don't want anyone to switch. Either people's expectations for korean greatness will be let down with a resulting dip in people interested, or we will lose the foreigner scene to korean domination.

fuck.
"Pikachu and Protoss are both yellow, Coincidence?" ~apexMorroW
DeadBull
Profile Joined August 2011
421 Posts
April 29 2012 18:35 GMT
#237
Flash hwaiting!

Seems like nobody fucking cares about poor Fantasy -_-
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
April 29 2012 18:39 GMT
#238
On April 30 2012 03:27 K3Nyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 03:24 maybenexttime wrote:
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


Hehe, you know that before he started to seriously play BW, everyone had years of experience more than him, and yet he obtained his progamer licence after a month of hard practice?


Yes. He was always a good player back then but he never "dominated" until a few years ago. People's expectations of him seem to be something like winning GSL on the first try. ><"

Whatever, either way I hope he does really well, I just hope his name doesn't get tarnished. T_T;;


I don't think you understand (I think you have a vague idea of what I was talking about when mentioning obtaining a progamer licence, because by progamer standards he was not good back then). My point is any experience current SC2 progamers have is irrelevant because Flash is absolutely the most talented and hard working RTS player to ever live. If only SC2 allows for that sort of skill, then he will catch up in no time. It's simply much easier to get into Code S as the best BW player than it is to win Courage as a kid after a month of practice.
densha
Profile Joined December 2010
United States797 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 18:46:40
April 29 2012 18:45 GMT
#239
I'm a bit afraid that if Flash doesn't do very well, there will be some people who criticize the game and not the player. Like, anytime Flash loses will "prove" that SC2 has a low skill cap or is coin-flippy or whatever. Don't forget that Flash loses games in BW too and he will lose games in SC2.

If you need proof of consistency, though, I'd say look no further than MarineKingPrime. He's been a big player in the SC2 scene since GSL Open Season 2. He's been so consistent in SC2 - always near the top and now at the very top quite a bit. You don't have a dominating player like him in a skill-less game. So whether you like SC2 or not when compared to BW, it's difficult to deny how skilled a player like MKP must be to do what he has done for two years now.

So I think it's just a matter of time before Flash becomes a dominating SC2 player, it's just how long will it actually take. Let's also not forget how close HOTS is... that's practically a reset button for everyone.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
-TesteR-
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1165 Posts
April 29 2012 18:48 GMT
#240
On April 30 2012 03:20 K3Nyy wrote:
I hate these kinds of discussions.

Let's not overhype him. Everybody in the current scene has like two years ahead of him and to expect so much from him when he debuts is kind of unreasonable. And I hope the sc2 newbies will respect him as the god he is in BW and not insult him.

I'm such a big fan of Flash and it'll break my heart to see people talk about him like they do about forgg.


It's hard to respect him if he doesn't do amazing due to the "elephant in the room" thread.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 234
NeuroSwarm 207
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21180
Dewaltoss 142
Bale 45
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Other Games
summit1g12667
JimRising 785
Sick126
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 25
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2108
League of Legends
• Lourlo1169
• Rush756
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 8m
Replay Cast
18h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.