• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:54
CEST 03:54
KST 10:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9315 users

Starcraft 2 1v2 chances - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
April 19 2012 19:26 GMT
#21
i doubt that even mkp could hold off 2 6 pools lol
Bishonen
Profile Joined March 2011
17 Posts
April 19 2012 19:27 GMT
#22
On April 20 2012 04:23 Eatme wrote:
Any metagame 2:2 strat (that even lots of silver players manage to do) should take a pro down since it hits hard early. But the cut off is around there I'd say. My guess is that a pro should be able to take 2 low gold players in a best of 7 if he manages to secure a quick 2base without dying to early pushes. But it would be close.
I have myself 1v2:ed quite a few times when playing custom 2:2 on shattered temple but thats was vs quite worthless players. And by 1v2 I mean that my ally sat in his base playing sim city while I attacked and killed the other guys. This is however quite different from a real 1v2 scenario since while my ally didnt do anything he still exists in the game and cripples the mentality of the opponents.


I would never let it even come to a expansion. Each game would be over within the first 4-6min.
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
April 19 2012 19:30 GMT
#23
I think a more fair game is a pro vs 2 diamonds in a game of macromicro
Platinum Support GOD
Demonhunter04
Profile Joined July 2011
1530 Posts
April 19 2012 19:31 GMT
#24
On April 20 2012 04:27 Bishonen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 04:23 Eatme wrote:
Any metagame 2:2 strat (that even lots of silver players manage to do) should take a pro down since it hits hard early. But the cut off is around there I'd say. My guess is that a pro should be able to take 2 low gold players in a best of 7 if he manages to secure a quick 2base without dying to early pushes. But it would be close.
I have myself 1v2:ed quite a few times when playing custom 2:2 on shattered temple but thats was vs quite worthless players. And by 1v2 I mean that my ally sat in his base playing sim city while I attacked and killed the other guys. This is however quite different from a real 1v2 scenario since while my ally didnt do anything he still exists in the game and cripples the mentality of the opponents.


I would never let it even come to a expansion. Each game would be over within the first 4-6min.


With good unit and worker micro they can actually hold you off. Terran progamers especially, since they can wall and build CC in their main. Assuming you are gold, you simply cannot macro, micro, or multitask like a progamer. Past the first few minutes he would probably just have an army as big as both of you combined, and micro those units very cost efficiently.

Back when I was a Gold Protoss (season 1) I beat two of my silver friends in a 1v2 as Terran with just a week of experience playing it.
"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerSMMA
K3Nyy
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1961 Posts
April 19 2012 19:31 GMT
#25
On April 20 2012 04:26 Ettick wrote:
i doubt that even mkp could hold off 2 6 pools lol


Why not? Just wall off. -.-

The only real chance of a 1vs2 has to be with a Terran I think. Zerg and Protoss units don't trade the same way as they do with Terran units, with the bunker and then tanks a little later. Then as long as the other 2 don't max out, they can outplay them.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
April 19 2012 19:33 GMT
#26
I'm pretty sure a terran can easily win against diamonds and maybe low masters.
Since you can bunker up you have a chance to hold, then harass/secure a 2nd base.
WriterMaru
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
April 19 2012 19:35 GMT
#27
On April 20 2012 04:26 Ettick wrote:
i doubt that even mkp could hold off 2 6 pools lol

It's actually extremely easy to stop a 2 6 pool as T, even without wall.

Build a supply / rex right next to CC in proper placement would form a natural bunker for marine.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
April 19 2012 19:37 GMT
#28
On April 20 2012 04:27 Bishonen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 04:23 Eatme wrote:
Any metagame 2:2 strat (that even lots of silver players manage to do) should take a pro down since it hits hard early. But the cut off is around there I'd say. My guess is that a pro should be able to take 2 low gold players in a best of 7 if he manages to secure a quick 2base without dying to early pushes. But it would be close.
I have myself 1v2:ed quite a few times when playing custom 2:2 on shattered temple but thats was vs quite worthless players. And by 1v2 I mean that my ally sat in his base playing sim city while I attacked and killed the other guys. This is however quite different from a real 1v2 scenario since while my ally didnt do anything he still exists in the game and cripples the mentality of the opponents.


I would never let it even come to a expansion. Each game would be over within the first 4-6min.

Are you gold or silver? I admit that I could be wrong but it's kinda hard to tell since I dont play at either level and cant say for sure what they are capable off.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
shawty
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom294 Posts
April 19 2012 19:39 GMT
#29
I vaguely remember savior beating several amateur players (in korea though, so still pretty good) in brood war. Not sure how well it would go in sc2 though
DYEAlabaster
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1009 Posts
April 19 2012 19:40 GMT
#30
On April 20 2012 04:03 monkh wrote:
This should be an OTR challange "Fight 2 players at same time"


THIS! PLEASE! Make this happen!
nucLeaRTV
Profile Joined May 2011
Romania822 Posts
April 19 2012 19:41 GMT
#31
gold+gold no rush vs masters, perhaps.
"Having your own haters means you are famous"
Bishonen
Profile Joined March 2011
17 Posts
April 19 2012 19:42 GMT
#32
On April 20 2012 04:37 Eatme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 04:27 Bishonen wrote:
On April 20 2012 04:23 Eatme wrote:
Any metagame 2:2 strat (that even lots of silver players manage to do) should take a pro down since it hits hard early. But the cut off is around there I'd say. My guess is that a pro should be able to take 2 low gold players in a best of 7 if he manages to secure a quick 2base without dying to early pushes. But it would be close.
I have myself 1v2:ed quite a few times when playing custom 2:2 on shattered temple but thats was vs quite worthless players. And by 1v2 I mean that my ally sat in his base playing sim city while I attacked and killed the other guys. This is however quite different from a real 1v2 scenario since while my ally didnt do anything he still exists in the game and cripples the mentality of the opponents.


I would never let it even come to a expansion. Each game would be over within the first 4-6min.

Are you gold or silver? I admit that I could be wrong but it's kinda hard to tell since I dont play at either level and cant say for sure what they are capable off.


Back when i was active, I was platinium. I have switched from wc3 so i knew the basics of a rts game (micro/macro). I'm still not convinced that a Pro like Marineking/Idra/Grubby would stand a chance. The difference in units created between a gm and diamond within the first 5 min or so is marginal. Double the marine count that you have after 5min and tell me how long a wall will stand? I say 0 chances. Any pro can prove me wrong (which wont happen I'm afraid)
ralffriend
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany112 Posts
April 19 2012 19:42 GMT
#33
Back in good(well i am terran so that were good times^^) old times Morrow - who played terran decades ago - won a 2v1 with massreapers and outmacroed a terran + zerg. They went Marine/roach and were about platnum and a diamond. I watched that on stream and i think it depends a lot on the map and the position(in the game with Morrow they didn´nt know where he spawned).
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
April 19 2012 19:43 GMT
#34
Moving to sc2.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Bishonen
Profile Joined March 2011
17 Posts
April 19 2012 19:44 GMT
#35
On April 20 2012 04:42 ralffriend wrote:
Back in good(well i am terran so that were good times^^) old times Morrow - who played terran decades ago - won a 2v1 with massreapers and outmacroed a terran + zerg. They went Marine/roach and were about platnum and a diamond. I watched that on stream and i think it depends a lot on the map and the position(in the game with Morrow they didn´nt know where he spawned).


Let's assume that the 2 players the pro would face would be familiar with the term "scouting"
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-19 19:44:55
April 19 2012 19:44 GMT
#36
It depends on how good the non-pro players are obviously. I'd say a pro could beat two plats or below.

But late late game, if the pro doesn't win until then, he will not win a 200 supply vs 400 supply battle.
MaFFGeeK
Profile Joined January 2011
United States47 Posts
April 19 2012 19:45 GMT
#37
I'm a pretty high master terran and I crushed two of my mid gold friends 1v2. (They were PZ if that matters).
http://sc2ranks.com/us/456806/MaFFGeeK
Hakanfrog
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden690 Posts
April 19 2012 19:46 GMT
#38
Well it´s not that hard for 2 Plat+ players to make a bunch of blink stalkers and blink into the main at 7 minute.
[N3O]r3d33m3r
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany674 Posts
April 19 2012 19:46 GMT
#39
impossible for the pro. i tell ya no pro on earth can beat 2 of me at once.
lorkac
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2297 Posts
April 19 2012 19:47 GMT
#40
I am Platinum main race Terran.

I played against two Silver Zergs and was able to have a bigger army than the two of them combined (both were massing ling/roach vs my pure stalker army)

Masters vs anything gold and under will be a cakewalk. I don't know about Plat--but I do not think it is out of the question.
By the truth we are undone. Life is a dream. Tis waking that kills us. He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life --Orlando: A Biography
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft441
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft441
WinterStarcraft282
RuFF_SC2 131
PiLiPiLi 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1067
White-Ra 160
Hyuk 60
Noble 52
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5449
Counter-Strike
taco 558
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox670
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor734
Other Games
summit1g7910
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0384
ViBE59
ArmadaUGS49
Mew2King37
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick652
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 6m
Online Event
9h 6m
FEL
14h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.