• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:24
CEST 09:24
KST 16:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9114 users

[March] SC2 General Discussion - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 20 Next All
HyTex
Profile Joined August 2011
United States67 Posts
April 27 2012 02:48 GMT
#281
Just a question after watching Eclypsia vs ZeNex, but why does Protoss not include a Warp prism in their 7 gate robo blink all in?

SPOILERS AHEAD

One of the biggest determinants (IMO) as to who wins in this situation is how quickly and efficiently the sentries are killed off. Scarlett managed to trade roaches for Sentries, and Avenge's attack ran out of steam pretty quickly after that.

I feel a warp prism over an observer would greatly bolster the Protoss army flexibility for the following reasons:
1) You can lift four sentries, keeping them safe after the forcefields have been dropped. This basically ensures at least one more round of FF, which is far more important than the tickle DPS sentries have.
2) It's a mobile pylon. Warp in seven stalkers under your warp prism (which ideally would space your sentries away from roaches as well), and you literally bolster your army mid battle. Zergs don't have much AA during the initial battle since they won't have queens, and by the time you're at their hatch you've probably won or are about to get rolled for being hyperagressive.
3) It saves that 75 gas for another sentry, and if you must you can always build the obs afterwards.

Replies would be cool, thx =)
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
April 27 2012 10:58 GMT
#282
Can someone please translate this line for me?

내몸 ㅈㅅ 주인잘못만났다개고생

DRG tweeted it...sounds scary.

Much appreciated.
moo...for DRG
Mirned
Profile Joined October 2011
United States4 Posts
April 28 2012 04:45 GMT
#283
Former BW pro Bagzz is now playing sc2 check out his stream at www.own3d.tv/bagzz !!!!!!!
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
April 28 2012 11:04 GMT
#284
On April 25 2012 22:45 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
I'm really behind and catching up, I only just noticed, where is the cute interview girl who always wears the light blue jacket? Is she not in there anymore?


No one?
dotDash
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden142 Posts
April 29 2012 11:04 GMT
#285
On April 27 2012 19:58 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Can someone please translate this line for me?

내몸 ㅈㅅ 주인잘못만났다개고생

DRG tweeted it...sounds scary.

Much appreciated.


http://9gag.com/gag/3968335?ref=featured

Cheers
Dan
Feel free to tune in to my stream! Highmaster T aiming for GM with commentary! http://video.gamecreds.com/1sy1sfohwo31n/channel/dotDash-T-going-for-GM
Aspire1
Profile Joined April 2012
5 Posts
April 29 2012 16:57 GMT
#286
First post here!

Have some general questions, if someone can answer it'd be great.

1. What happens to the minerals a drone is holding if I send it to mine gas?
2. What happens to the mineral or gas a drone is holding when I make a building with it?
3. I like to watch replays of the games I've lost to see what I did wrong and watch wins sometimes to bathe in my glorious conquests. Under the video replay list how I can tell which one's I've lost and won easily? I have to match the map names with the ladder maps at the moment, which is not very convenient.

Thanks.
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
April 30 2012 11:42 GMT
#287
On April 30 2012 01:57 Aspire1 wrote:
First post here!

Have some general questions, if someone can answer it'd be great.

1. What happens to the minerals a drone is holding if I send it to mine gas?
2. What happens to the mineral or gas a drone is holding when I make a building with it?
3. I like to watch replays of the games I've lost to see what I did wrong and watch wins sometimes to bathe in my glorious conquests. Under the video replay list how I can tell which one's I've lost and won easily? I have to match the map names with the ladder maps at the moment, which is not very convenient.

Thanks.



1. They disappear.
2. They disappear (afaik, not too sure though).
3. I'm not sure how you would be able to tell if you won or lost a game by just looking at the replay name, map name, names of the players and time. I suggest you try out SC2Gears if you want to analyze your replays a bit further though, it's pretty helpful.
Jackbo
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)102 Posts
April 30 2012 11:53 GMT
#288
On April 29 2012 20:04 dotDash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 19:58 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Can someone please translate this line for me?

내몸 ㅈㅅ 주인잘못만났다개고생

DRG tweeted it...sounds scary.

Much appreciated.


http://9gag.com/gag/3968335?ref=featured

Cheers
Dan


That doesn't help with the translation, that just helps sound out the words. You still have to know what the words mean (i.e. actually be able to speak Korean)
enemy2010
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1972 Posts
May 01 2012 09:07 GMT
#289
So I think, thats it.
I am quitting Starcraft.

It just takes up too much time, and I am not improving.

Why doesn't every protoss just FFE all the time 100% forever, and just builds a cannon at my expo. There ist litterally nothing, NOTHING, N O T H I N G a zerg can do about that. I will be behind all the damn game, and then he just does his 7 gate or whatever timing and I am dead.

Terran, just build marines. And win. Period.


Goodbye Starcraft, was fun playing you, but its just not worth it. I have better things to do right now.

And goodbye teamliquid, makes no sense to watch and read about Starcraft, when I am trying to get rid off my addiction for this game.

Maybe I will try it some time in the future. But I don't think so.

Bye.
1on1 auf azze no he no flash no awp only holztor. | Ja, da meint der ich hätt' abgeschmatzt, aber dat is Quatsch, verstehste?
KoBlades
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria248 Posts
May 01 2012 11:05 GMT
#290
do you guys think that this is the real FBH? http://sc2ranks.com/kr/387725/firebathero
he is playing p, but I've heard that some bw pros changed race for sc2.. not sure, might just be a fan of his
"What do you know about fear?" -"Everything."
Creegz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada354 Posts
May 01 2012 14:56 GMT
#291
On May 01 2012 18:07 enemy2010 wrote:
So I think, thats it.
I am quitting Starcraft.

It just takes up too much time, and I am not improving.

Why doesn't every protoss just FFE all the time 100% forever, and just builds a cannon at my expo. There ist litterally nothing, NOTHING, N O T H I N G a zerg can do about that. I will be behind all the damn game, and then he just does his 7 gate or whatever timing and I am dead.

Terran, just build marines. And win. Period.


Goodbye Starcraft, was fun playing you, but its just not worth it. I have better things to do right now.

And goodbye teamliquid, makes no sense to watch and read about Starcraft, when I am trying to get rid off my addiction for this game.

Maybe I will try it some time in the future. But I don't think so.

Bye.


Well that's unfortunate.

Just gotta relax bro. I handle the FFE as Zerg just fine. Stephano is on to something IMO. And as for Marines....infestor/ling/bling works wonders.

Also...this thread needs a new month on it
Who is this guy? ^
MacroPLZ
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States63 Posts
May 02 2012 22:31 GMT
#292
I am glad I found an open forum to ask this on before posting and pissing people off.

Hi, I am Macro and I want to cast replays. Your replays specifically. Yes, you nerd. I want to watch your games, analyze them and put some cool commentary/camera work to them maybe with a little background music. Do you have a game that was super awesome and want some to sing your praises on that sick storm you landed? Gimme. Do you have a game where you met NesTea on the ladder and want to watch someone reveal what could have helped defeat him? Gimme.

Basically, I want to do this. Really. I know you guys have seen 1,000,000 of me, or at least over 9,000. See what i did there!? I make lame played out jokes as well. In all seriousness, I love Starcraft and our community and really enjoy casting and I want to improve. So if you have games, submit them to me please. If you have free time, watch my casted games and rip a new one with your stellar constructive feedback.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to casting your games.

P.S. Mods, I am sorry if this was out of line, I have tried to research the appropriate venue to do this and this matched closest,

P.P.S. In case you're like "well how the hell do I know I want YOU to do anything for me Macro!?!?!"

Great question, I have made a few videos and you can sample them here. http://www.youtube.com/user/Macroplz?feature=mhee
No excuses, only excellence. check out my caster page here: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=331796
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
May 03 2012 00:52 GMT
#293
What are the changes for the new antiga?
Jcranberries
Profile Joined April 2011
United States6 Posts
May 03 2012 03:45 GMT
#294
On May 03 2012 09:52 JiYan wrote:
What are the changes for the new antiga?


You can view the changes here.

Hope I helped out!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
HipsterAriel
Profile Joined May 2012
Laos1 Post
May 03 2012 13:51 GMT
#295
any1 know partinG graphic settings :c?
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-03 16:12:22
May 03 2012 16:11 GMT
#296
Anyone know how to get this new baneling portrait?
[image loading]
EDIT: Nvm, used my brain and figured it out. starcraft master aye?
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Jackbo
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)102 Posts
May 03 2012 16:51 GMT
#297
Hey guys, I'm wondering about HoTS and hotkeys. In the last information released about their current build, they didn't say anything about the Arc Shield ability, but seeing as they didn't say it was cut, I'm assuming it's still in. My question is this: if you can turn any protoss building into an attacking structure, surely they all need an "attack" hotkey. It seems to me that this will conflict with various existing hotkeys. For instance, in standard, the attack hotkey is A. On the forge, the hotkey to upgrade armour is also A. Do you think they are going to change the attack hotkey for buildings, or change the hotkey for upgrades?

I ask this because I am currently using the hotkey set up Base J, which was posted on TL a while ago. My hotkey for warping in a Zealot is F, but it is also the hotkey for attack. I'm very comfortable with this set up and have taken a long time personalising it etc. so I'd really like to avoid changing it to something else. All I can hope is that in HoTS, the hotkey for building attack and unit attack are not the same, or at least can both be assigned to something else. As it stands, attack is a universal hotkey, so all units and buildings share the same key command for attack.

Does anyone who played the HoTS build at Blizzcon remember anything about this, or have any information on the Arc Shield ability? I'd really like to hear more about it as it seems like a really underdiscussed ability.
provrorsbarn
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden766 Posts
May 03 2012 16:57 GMT
#298
Why is the Twitch.tv app so horrible for the IOS (iphone,ipad etc)......is it really that hard to figure out how to get decent quality instead of a flurry of blur even if youre sitting on 100 mbit....

Other streaming sites are som much IOS friendlier....which is a shame cuz 70% of the sc2 ppl stream on twitch.....

thats my 2 cents.... oh yeah cant wait for GSTL to starta again with liquid and fanatic yay!
Im just a zerg
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
May 03 2012 17:08 GMT
#299
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2012 18:07 enemy2010 wrote:
So I think, thats it.
I am quitting Starcraft.

It just takes up too much time, and I am not improving.

Why doesn't every protoss just FFE all the time 100% forever, and just builds a cannon at my expo. There ist litterally nothing, NOTHING, N O T H I N G a zerg can do about that. I will be behind all the damn game, and then he just does his 7 gate or whatever timing and I am dead.

Terran, just build marines. And win. Period.


Goodbye Starcraft, was fun playing you, but its just not worth it. I have better things to do right now.

And goodbye teamliquid, makes no sense to watch and read about Starcraft, when I am trying to get rid off my addiction for this game.

Maybe I will try it some time in the future. But I don't think so.

Bye.



jesus you're bad
Hudson Valley Progamer
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
May 03 2012 17:12 GMT
#300
On May 03 2012 12:45 Jcranberries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2012 09:52 JiYan wrote:
What are the changes for the new antiga?


You can view the changes here.

Hope I helped out!

That link does not provide the actual map changes. Thanks for trying though..
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 524
GuemChi 446
Leta 359
sSak 37
Bale 33
sorry 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 11
910 8
Dota 2
febbydoto19
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss433
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8386
ceh9456
Happy447
olofmeister412
Trikslyr21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick498
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast38
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2236
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 36m
Patches Events
8h 36m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.