• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:53
CEST 18:53
KST 01:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

[March] SC2 General Discussion - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
MonDeW
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark369 Posts
May 29 2012 14:01 GMT
#381
Who started the 12 minute max out with Roaches, Stephano, DRG or someone different? Was just wondering while watching DRG's stream, really fun to watch!
Birdfood
Profile Joined May 2012
United States33 Posts
May 30 2012 01:10 GMT
#382
On May 29 2012 23:01 MonDeW wrote:
Who started the 12 minute max out with Roaches, Stephano, DRG or someone different? Was just wondering while watching DRG's stream, really fun to watch!

Probably Stephano.... LOL he loves his roaches c:
roach-immortal is pretty good vs stalkers -Idra
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
May 30 2012 12:53 GMT
#383
Okay, wtf Terran.... ForGG, MVP, MarineKing and Bomer all streaming at the same time?!?!??!?!?!??!! Add Lucifron for hype, and Dragon for hilarity. Madness!
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Soender
Profile Joined May 2012
Denmark9 Posts
May 30 2012 18:05 GMT
#384
Yeah haha, so many Terrans atm!
Training hard to accomplish my goal of life. SC2 pro, gogo! :D
Soender
Profile Joined May 2012
Denmark9 Posts
May 30 2012 18:06 GMT
#385
Forever alone zerg.
Training hard to accomplish my goal of life. SC2 pro, gogo! :D
Aegeis
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1619 Posts
May 30 2012 20:36 GMT
#386
Is the ladder going to lock soon?
"Skills to pay the bills" - Artosis, https://twitter.com/AegeisSC2 ,http://www.tumblr.com/blog/socal-esports
kranten
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands236 Posts
May 30 2012 21:10 GMT
#387
Who's TeamLiquid on the european server? Is he from here?
Birdfood
Profile Joined May 2012
United States33 Posts
May 31 2012 02:25 GMT
#388
On May 30 2012 21:53 MCDayC wrote:
Okay, wtf Terran.... ForGG, MVP, MarineKing and Bomer all streaming at the same time?!?!??!?!?!??!! Add Lucifron for hype, and Dragon for hilarity. Madness!

WHAAAAAAAT.... I MISSED MARINEKING??? >:O WHAT BLASPHEMY
roach-immortal is pretty good vs stalkers -Idra
PopcornColonel
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
May 31 2012 13:30 GMT
#389
On May 31 2012 05:36 Aegeis wrote:
Is the ladder going to lock soon?

Yes. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6176106/Season_7_Lock_Incoming-5_30_2012#blog

June 5th, my birthday! ^^
Zerg delenda est.
Swampflare
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1201 Posts
June 01 2012 00:36 GMT
#390
Ahh, it is typical that while NesTea AND DRG are streaming at the same time, I have to be at school. Hope they continue streaming over the weekends :D
Liquipedia<FO-nTTaX> so i ordered a pizza to my house in the pizza service next to me and let them deliver [me] with the pizza
Schmoooopy
Profile Joined July 2011
United States448 Posts
June 01 2012 03:46 GMT
#391
Really random question: In an all-kill format, has there ever been a match in SC2 where one team wins 5-4 (or something close like that, doesn't matter) where each player wins one game each back and forth?

Like, take for example this pretend coL vs. IM match
Nada > Nestea
Nada < MVP
Ganzi > MVP
Ganzi < Happy
Killer > Happy
etc.

That's about as close as it gets, and it sounds super entertaining to watch.
zEnVy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States446 Posts
June 01 2012 04:21 GMT
#392
Ladder rage for the day:

I have been top 8 platinum for two seasons. I have been rank 1 platinum for two weeks. I am on a 8 game winning streak, 1 game against top 8 plat, one game against top 8 diamond, and 6 games against diamond.

AND I'M STILL IN PLATINUM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
June 01 2012 04:25 GMT
#393
So I just watched Hyungjoon becomes a progamer and I think it would be awesome if someone did that for SC2....Gordon Hayword anyone?
Hudson Valley Progamer
Sergio1992
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Italy522 Posts
June 01 2012 12:46 GMT
#394
I'm highly discouraged to see that terran race is disappearing..

I looked over EU:

85 protoss
78 zerg
Guess how many terrans remain?

I looked over NA:
87 zerg
93 protoss
Guess how many terrans remain?

In the End I looked the korean GM:

86 protoss
69 zerg
79 terran (with an high % of smurf, because there are many IIIIIIIIIII)


So I wonder if I should switch . Today I looked my games, I'm in mid master, and my tvp is 0%. I'm seriously discouraged

imMUTAble787
Profile Joined November 2011
United States680 Posts
June 02 2012 00:36 GMT
#395
how does korea gm have over 200 players ? t.t
*eternalenvy fanboy*
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-02 00:41:09
June 02 2012 00:40 GMT
#396
On June 01 2012 21:46 Sergio1992 wrote:
I'm highly discouraged to see that terran race is disappearing..

I looked over EU:

85 protoss
78 zerg
Guess how many terrans remain?

I looked over NA:
87 zerg
93 protoss
Guess how many terrans remain?

In the End I looked the korean GM:

86 protoss
69 zerg
79 terran (with an high % of smurf, because there are many IIIIIIIIIII)


So I wonder if I should switch . Today I looked my games, I'm in mid master, and my tvp is 0%. I'm seriously discouraged



Whatever percentage of GM are there its not your fault >.<?

Also, follow the Mvp way (by which I mean cheese or lots of early pressure) to help your TvP up :D

(small but biased note, yes im terran)
+ Show Spoiler +
Have pride in being the race with the most gsl trophies :D

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-02 18:01:51
June 02 2012 18:00 GMT
#397
This was a question I asked on /r/Starcraft but it got instantly downvoted to oblivion without a response.

But here's basically the thread reposted here that summarises my question


I've seen very few sources on how Koreans actually practice the game or even competitive games in general. While I know a lot of practice would be secret (especially when specific builds devised are best not known until you actually have to do them at the event itself)

But based on the things I've seen written on the whiteboards in videos of Korean teamhouses, I know there is some sort of practice schedule.

Can anybody give (even a brief) insight into how progamers practice the game, even if it has to be broad due to the fact that specific detials cannot be disclosed.

I noticed that a lot of foreigners (even those living in Korea) are criticised for basically grinding out ladder games and expecting to improve then.

Another thought is.... how does Evil Geniuses practice the game at the EG Lair? Do they straight up ladder? Do they have a think tank that tries to devise build orders? Do they try the Day[9] method of playing one style that suits them then thinking of slight deviations that may make it stronger against certain styles of play? Do they play a lot of in-house customs?


TL;DR - What does a Korean practice schedule actually involve?

I would have asked this in a separate thread but it's probably been asked on TeamLiquid already and I haven't seen any duplicate threads for it although they probably do exist.
FTUnscaved
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada1 Post
June 03 2012 02:01 GMT
#398
Why is there hardly any streaming anymore
EZ
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 03 2012 02:18 GMT
#399
On June 03 2012 03:00 Clbull wrote:
This was a question I asked on /r/Starcraft but it got instantly downvoted to oblivion without a response.

But here's basically the thread reposted here that summarises my question

Show nested quote +

I've seen very few sources on how Koreans actually practice the game or even competitive games in general. While I know a lot of practice would be secret (especially when specific builds devised are best not known until you actually have to do them at the event itself)

But based on the things I've seen written on the whiteboards in videos of Korean teamhouses, I know there is some sort of practice schedule.

Can anybody give (even a brief) insight into how progamers practice the game, even if it has to be broad due to the fact that specific detials cannot be disclosed.

I noticed that a lot of foreigners (even those living in Korea) are criticised for basically grinding out ladder games and expecting to improve then.

Another thought is.... how does Evil Geniuses practice the game at the EG Lair? Do they straight up ladder? Do they have a think tank that tries to devise build orders? Do they try the Day[9] method of playing one style that suits them then thinking of slight deviations that may make it stronger against certain styles of play? Do they play a lot of in-house customs?


TL;DR - What does a Korean practice schedule actually involve?

I would have asked this in a separate thread but it's probably been asked on TeamLiquid already and I haven't seen any duplicate threads for it although they probably do exist.

Many teams do ranking games daily, which means you play everyone in the house for a BoX. Most teams have practice hours where you have to play, and possibly a curfew/wake up hours.

Teams like Slayers also schedule physical activity, I think the SC1 teams do too.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
mouzHeroMarine 134
UpATreeSC 124
BRAT_OK 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3737
Bisu 1757
Soulkey 1287
EffOrt 773
Mini 557
Larva 347
Horang2 272
ZerO 262
actioN 174
ggaemo 163
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 123
Mind 82
hero 69
Sharp 63
Shinee 60
sorry 54
Snow 49
Hyun 41
Barracks 38
Bale 31
Trap 29
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5628
Dendi1195
XaKoH 414
420jenkins356
League of Legends
Reynor84
Counter-Strike
fl0m3430
pashabiceps709
Fnx 671
x6flipin484
edward32
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes464
Liquid`Hasu48
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1525
hiko864
FrodaN601
XBOCT236
Livibee192
TKL 114
QueenE93
C9.Mang067
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)25
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV684
League of Legends
• Nemesis3920
• TFBlade804
Other Games
• Shiphtur505
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 8m
Patches Events
23h 8m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.