• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:53
CEST 18:53
KST 01:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

[March] SC2 General Discussion - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 Next All
Black_Sheep
Profile Joined May 2012
United States13 Posts
May 16 2012 20:01 GMT
#341
Howdy guys. Quick question for any of you experienced players out there. I'm a newer player and i'm sitting in the Bronze league unfortunately. I started trying to get a bit better by reading up on some strategies and watching some streams, and ive been doing quite a bit better. But i cant seem to push up into the next league and i'm not quite sure why. Ive read about the MMR system and i read that when i start consistently winning against players in the league above me, i'm about to be promoted.

Well roughly 65-75% of my games have been against silver league players in the last 2 weeks. This week ive played against several silver players in the top 8, I'm winning a LOT more then i'm losing. i'd say around 70% win 30 Loss. Today i even got matched against 2 low level gold league players. I lost both of those matches and they were considered "slightly favored"

Basically i'm wondering if there is anything else that needs doing other then playing and winning games to advance. i really feel like i should be up in the next league right now.
Jackbo
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)102 Posts
May 16 2012 20:27 GMT
#342
On May 17 2012 05:01 Black_Sheep wrote:
Howdy guys. Quick question for any of you experienced players out there. I'm a newer player and i'm sitting in the Bronze league unfortunately. I started trying to get a bit better by reading up on some strategies and watching some streams, and ive been doing quite a bit better. But i cant seem to push up into the next league and i'm not quite sure why. Ive read about the MMR system and i read that when i start consistently winning against players in the league above me, i'm about to be promoted.

Well roughly 65-75% of my games have been against silver league players in the last 2 weeks. This week ive played against several silver players in the top 8, I'm winning a LOT more then i'm losing. i'd say around 70% win 30 Loss. Today i even got matched against 2 low level gold league players. I lost both of those matches and they were considered "slightly favored"

Basically i'm wondering if there is anything else that needs doing other then playing and winning games to advance. i really feel like i should be up in the next league right now.


Sometimes it just takes time for it to move you up. Are you playing lots of games, or only a few? I'd also recommend getting SC2gears, then you can find out what your real win percentage is. Could be that you've had a good winning streak so it seems like you have a good percentage, but in reality, you're still at 50/50.
Black_Sheep
Profile Joined May 2012
United States13 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 20:38:00
May 16 2012 20:37 GMT
#343
On May 17 2012 05:27 Jackbo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2012 05:01 Black_Sheep wrote:
Howdy guys. Quick question for any of you experienced players out there. I'm a newer player and i'm sitting in the Bronze league unfortunately. I started trying to get a bit better by reading up on some strategies and watching some streams, and ive been doing quite a bit better. But i cant seem to push up into the next league and i'm not quite sure why. Ive read about the MMR system and i read that when i start consistently winning against players in the league above me, i'm about to be promoted.

Well roughly 65-75% of my games have been against silver league players in the last 2 weeks. This week ive played against several silver players in the top 8, I'm winning a LOT more then i'm losing. i'd say around 70% win 30 Loss. Today i even got matched against 2 low level gold league players. I lost both of those matches and they were considered "slightly favored"

Basically i'm wondering if there is anything else that needs doing other then playing and winning games to advance. i really feel like i should be up in the next league right now.


Sometimes it just takes time for it to move you up. Are you playing lots of games, or only a few? I'd also recommend getting SC2gears, then you can find out what your real win percentage is. Could be that you've had a good winning streak so it seems like you have a good percentage, but in reality, you're still at 50/50.



i play what i would consider quite a bit. the last 2 weeks or so i'd say about 7-12 games a day. Prior to reading up and watching these streams i'm pretty sure i was at around 50%. But this last 2 weeks ive been winning a LOT. today im 7-2 went against 2 bronze and 5 silver for wins and lost against 2 gold.
NVRLand
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden203 Posts
May 17 2012 06:20 GMT
#344
I can only speak for myself but for the last... 3 weeks of season 6 I was rank 1 silver beating mid - high gold pretty much all the time. Takes a lot to be promoted (I wasn't promoted at all that season, got promoted at my placement match in season 7 tho)
CyDe
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1010 Posts
May 17 2012 11:58 GMT
#345
You know, guys, I was just thinking about it... wouldn't it be so sweet to see some kind of snake like creature for Zerg? Like a basilisk (look the name already fits!)? The only really worm like creatures that Zerg has is (obviously) the Nydus Worm, the corrupters (or more like their tails). and Hydralisks, to a point. But I want something that is like a snake, that slithers around and attacks shit with its head. Would make looking at a Zerg army so much cooler, because right now it's just a skittering of legs.
youtube.com/GamingCyDe-- My totally abandoned youtube channel that I might revisit at some point
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
May 17 2012 12:53 GMT
#346
On May 17 2012 20:58 CyDe wrote:
You know, guys, I was just thinking about it... wouldn't it be so sweet to see some kind of snake like creature for Zerg? Like a basilisk (look the name already fits!)? The only really worm like creatures that Zerg has is (obviously) the Nydus Worm, the corrupters (or more like their tails). and Hydralisks, to a point. But I want something that is like a snake, that slithers around and attacks shit with its head. Would make looking at a Zerg army so much cooler, because right now it's just a skittering of legs.

Defilers are kinda snake-like, although they don't really attack.

Would be very suitable for their racial aesthetic, but snakes creep me out lol.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
May 17 2012 12:57 GMT
#347
Sick KR GM stats.

http://www.playxp.com/sc2/terran/view.php?article_id=3967996

1) The barcode players have improved significantly... I'm dying here, wannaknowwannaknow
2) #1 Terran #13
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
May 18 2012 06:51 GMT
#348
I'm so sick of not being promoted into Masters, what is with getting a damn promotion :/ I have a positive win rate against masters, i even play top 16 masters and win. My friend and I are becoming so discouraged from playing because we feel its impossible to get there. Our even match is top fifty masters and we have both played ~200 games this season. Unlike other leagues where being placed up to top 16 in the higher league isn't much harder, this is fucking masters :/

I just want my fucking reward T_T
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
May 18 2012 07:03 GMT
#349
Um, its not March anymore??
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
May 18 2012 09:02 GMT
#350
On May 17 2012 05:01 Black_Sheep wrote:
Howdy guys. Quick question for any of you experienced players out there. I'm a newer player and i'm sitting in the Bronze league unfortunately. I started trying to get a bit better by reading up on some strategies and watching some streams, and ive been doing quite a bit better. But i cant seem to push up into the next league and i'm not quite sure why. Ive read about the MMR system and i read that when i start consistently winning against players in the league above me, i'm about to be promoted.

Well roughly 65-75% of my games have been against silver league players in the last 2 weeks. This week ive played against several silver players in the top 8, I'm winning a LOT more then i'm losing. i'd say around 70% win 30 Loss. Today i even got matched against 2 low level gold league players. I lost both of those matches and they were considered "slightly favored"

Basically i'm wondering if there is anything else that needs doing other then playing and winning games to advance. i really feel like i should be up in the next league right now.


I've never been promoted mid-season. I've only ever gone into a new league at the start of a new season. No idea why but sometimes it just goes that way. Guess it's a bit temperamental.

At the very least if you're winning that much you should end up being placed higher next season.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
trueblue_swe
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden25 Posts
May 18 2012 14:34 GMT
#351
Guys, anyone else having major login problems on EU-server? Cant login last 30 mins. Battle.net seems down etc.
StratWaffle
Profile Joined March 2012
United States28 Posts
May 19 2012 04:50 GMT
#352
I am often asked what is starcraft if I do mention it to someone.

I thought to myself, well I bet that someone has made a clever and informative video regarding starcraft similar to the videos done by all your history belong to us on the machinima channel.

However, I cannot seem to find such a video, does anyone know where I can find such a video to educate others?





Note: I used search before posting, didn't see anything.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
May 19 2012 12:26 GMT
#353
I think there's a print-out sheet someone did around here with the basic concepts of starcraft on it. Someone made them up to hand out at an event or something.

Maybe someone has it to hand? I didn't save it...
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 12:06:21
May 20 2012 12:02 GMT
#354
I love both Starcrafts as esports, but due to the timing of GSL and my unwilling to pay to watch replays of it, I had to stop paying attention to SC2 after the 3rd GSL. However, with the BW pros getting into SC2 and getting a new dog that wakes me up everyday at 5am I am capable to watching SC2 again.

What innovation has happened recently? I know people have started using warp prisms now, when I stopped watching they were largely considered garbage. What is the state of the metagame? Largely I'm looking for something like the "Basic Viewer's Guide to StarCraft: Brood War" in http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337957 but for SC2 form.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

As an aside: I was going to make a separate thread, but felt doing so with an uninformative OP would be unhelpful, if people responding to this would prefer to do so in a new thread for people like me that's cool too! =]
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
May 20 2012 12:13 GMT
#355
Can this thread be closed or do I have to constantly see it on my side bar because people don't know what month it is?
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
Black_Sheep
Profile Joined May 2012
United States13 Posts
May 20 2012 18:57 GMT
#356
On May 18 2012 18:02 Lightspeaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2012 05:01 Black_Sheep wrote:
Howdy guys. Quick question for any of you experienced players out there. I'm a newer player and i'm sitting in the Bronze league unfortunately. I started trying to get a bit better by reading up on some strategies and watching some streams, and ive been doing quite a bit better. But i cant seem to push up into the next league and i'm not quite sure why. Ive read about the MMR system and i read that when i start consistently winning against players in the league above me, i'm about to be promoted.

Well roughly 65-75% of my games have been against silver league players in the last 2 weeks. This week ive played against several silver players in the top 8, I'm winning a LOT more then i'm losing. i'd say around 70% win 30 Loss. Today i even got matched against 2 low level gold league players. I lost both of those matches and they were considered "slightly favored"

Basically i'm wondering if there is anything else that needs doing other then playing and winning games to advance. i really feel like i should be up in the next league right now.


I've never been promoted mid-season. I've only ever gone into a new league at the start of a new season. No idea why but sometimes it just goes that way. Guess it's a bit temperamental.

At the very least if you're winning that much you should end up being placed higher next season.



I did end up getting promoted, finally! currently in silver now...but im playing against plat players frequently lol so who knows.
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
May 21 2012 13:36 GMT
#357
On May 20 2012 21:02 Gahlo wrote:
I love both Starcrafts as esports, but due to the timing of GSL and my unwilling to pay to watch replays of it, I had to stop paying attention to SC2 after the 3rd GSL. However, with the BW pros getting into SC2 and getting a new dog that wakes me up everyday at 5am I am capable to watching SC2 again.

What innovation has happened recently? I know people have started using warp prisms now, when I stopped watching they were largely considered garbage. What is the state of the metagame? Largely I'm looking for something like the "Basic Viewer's Guide to StarCraft: Brood War" in http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337957 but for SC2 form.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

As an aside: I was going to make a separate thread, but felt doing so with an uninformative OP would be unhelpful, if people responding to this would prefer to do so in a new thread for people like me that's cool too! =]


Check out the [SPL] Opening Day post in the News section. It's very informative on all the match-ups to help BW fans in SC2.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
May 21 2012 15:08 GMT
#358
On May 21 2012 03:57 Black_Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2012 18:02 Lightspeaker wrote:
On May 17 2012 05:01 Black_Sheep wrote:
Howdy guys. Quick question for any of you experienced players out there. I'm a newer player and i'm sitting in the Bronze league unfortunately. I started trying to get a bit better by reading up on some strategies and watching some streams, and ive been doing quite a bit better. But i cant seem to push up into the next league and i'm not quite sure why. Ive read about the MMR system and i read that when i start consistently winning against players in the league above me, i'm about to be promoted.

Well roughly 65-75% of my games have been against silver league players in the last 2 weeks. This week ive played against several silver players in the top 8, I'm winning a LOT more then i'm losing. i'd say around 70% win 30 Loss. Today i even got matched against 2 low level gold league players. I lost both of those matches and they were considered "slightly favored"

Basically i'm wondering if there is anything else that needs doing other then playing and winning games to advance. i really feel like i should be up in the next league right now.


I've never been promoted mid-season. I've only ever gone into a new league at the start of a new season. No idea why but sometimes it just goes that way. Guess it's a bit temperamental.

At the very least if you're winning that much you should end up being placed higher next season.



I did end up getting promoted, finally! currently in silver now...but im playing against plat players frequently lol so who knows.


Congrats. And that's just because the matchmaking is completely insane lately. I'm in Gold and I rarely play against a Gold player. It's all Plats and Silvers.

Hell the other day I played against a Bronze Terran who built eight rax and massed marines, then accused me of hacking because apparently you can't have four colossi with extended thermal lance off two bases at the 18 minute mark. The very next game I hit a Platinum who destroyed me.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
gangstertrojan8
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada7 Posts
May 21 2012 23:40 GMT
#359
Hi Guys,
Sorry this a stupid newb question but this website is really clustered and i have no idea where to post a thread. Where can i do that?
Thanks in advance
-TheBossToss
Why do zealots always wear diapers? They just cannot hold...
gangstertrojan8
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada7 Posts
May 22 2012 01:11 GMT
#360
Hi guys,
I made a thread about presents for day[9] and it got closed. Why? It wasn't innapropriate and it was in the general section, No one was raging about it they were actually answering so why would it get closed?
Why do zealots always wear diapers? They just cannot hold...
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
mouzHeroMarine 134
UpATreeSC 124
BRAT_OK 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3737
Bisu 1757
Soulkey 1287
EffOrt 773
Mini 557
Larva 347
Horang2 272
ZerO 262
actioN 174
ggaemo 163
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 123
Mind 82
hero 69
Sharp 63
Shinee 60
sorry 54
Snow 49
Hyun 41
Barracks 38
Bale 31
Trap 29
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5628
Dendi1195
XaKoH 414
420jenkins356
League of Legends
Reynor84
Counter-Strike
fl0m3430
pashabiceps709
Fnx 671
x6flipin484
edward32
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes464
Liquid`Hasu48
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1525
hiko864
FrodaN601
XBOCT236
Livibee192
TKL 114
QueenE93
C9.Mang067
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)25
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV684
League of Legends
• Nemesis3920
• TFBlade804
Other Games
• Shiphtur505
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 8m
Patches Events
23h 8m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.