• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:07
CEST 23:07
KST 06:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9336 users

DreamHack - Appreciation Thread - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 36 Next All
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
November 27 2011 13:33 GMT
#121


The only thing that is bad in this video is TLO and dApollo acting like 9 year olds on the sofa. The rest is just EPIC.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
November 27 2011 13:33 GMT
#122
One thing that no-one's brought up yet is the absolutely grueling schedule the casters had on thursday. Apollo sounded like he'd swallowed razor-blades by the end of the day, which was pretty much twelve hours casting over a fifteen hour segment or similar. While it was nice that I could, at any point during the day, watch


But massive props to the saturday finals, really was a massive deal. So much better than every other final on a sunday night.
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
qoou
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway145 Posts
November 27 2011 13:34 GMT
#123
Great event! I followed it in its entirety from thursday to saturday night.
SC2, EU: Healthy WorldOfTanks, EU: Healthy
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
November 27 2011 13:35 GMT
#124
the venue was incredibly, was it really in a stadium???
isn't this the stage where everybody hoped to see starcraft 2 one day? then that day was this week!
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
November 27 2011 13:37 GMT
#125
HuskyStarcraft Mike Husky
Someone please host an esports event in a stadium on the west coast and I'll fill it with fans myself T_T. So awesome.


MLGSundance Sundance DiGiovanni @
@HuskyStarcraft you have a deal.


Oho, someone is stepping it up.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
mark05
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada807 Posts
November 27 2011 13:39 GMT
#126
montreal olympic stadium, calling it now
yes, I'm MarkOhFive
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 13:41:50
November 27 2011 13:40 GMT
#127
Dreamhack was amazing, keep up the good work! 1080p stream with free player cams and everything is great too and really spoils us. ^^
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
November 27 2011 13:41 GMT
#128
On November 27 2011 22:18 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 21:53 Mpq wrote:
Totalbiscuit. Hearing this guys voice in those speakers live was unbelievable. And extremely talented saving the intro from that hack c.o.d host.
My goodness, yes, I meant to mention that. THANK YOU TOTALBISCUIT, for saving that so naturally. Bravo!


That was not expected. I thought he was just bringing me up to ask a quick question before introducing the other casters but it became apparent that he was struggling. I'm not sure that roasting him a bit over CoD and such was the way to go but the crowd seemed ok with it.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
November 27 2011 13:45 GMT
#129
Free stream quality shits over basically every other tournament save IPL, so that's a huge bonus right there.

Roundtable analysis between games was amazing, BPM measure was fun, stage was great, crowd was appropriately enthusiastic and the finals were a nailbiter.

Yeah, I totally loved it. :D
Presidenten
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden777 Posts
November 27 2011 13:45 GMT
#130
On November 27 2011 22:41 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 22:18 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
On November 27 2011 21:53 Mpq wrote:
Totalbiscuit. Hearing this guys voice in those speakers live was unbelievable. And extremely talented saving the intro from that hack c.o.d host.
My goodness, yes, I meant to mention that. THANK YOU TOTALBISCUIT, for saving that so naturally. Bravo!


That was not expected. I thought he was just bringing me up to ask a quick question before introducing the other casters but it became apparent that he was struggling. I'm not sure that roasting him a bit over CoD and such was the way to go but the crowd seemed ok with it.


Never seen anyone handling a live crowd like TB, just superb
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 13:57:21
November 27 2011 13:46 GMT
#131
This was the best SC2 tournament of all time. Production value-wise, MLG was crushed. The only thing I find lacking was not showing the players right after the games (OSL style); instead of watching the reaction of Hero after he won the first big tournament in his whole life we got to watch a splash screen and the commentators / crowd. I also enjoy camera shots *from* the crowd, because that way you can reallly understand how crazy wild (and loud!) their reaction towards Hero winning was.

Like this:

And the crowd there was ten times smaller than yesterday's.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 27 2011 13:49 GMT
#132
On November 27 2011 21:12 AlternativeEgo wrote:
Don't forget to tweet and show some appreciation to the major sponsors too:
@SteelSeries @AMDChannel @EIZO_Global @SapphireUSA

Share the love. <3


what he said, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Darksteel
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland319 Posts
November 27 2011 13:52 GMT
#133
I'm not really surprised that Dreamhack had so good concurrent stream numbers, mainly because of the timezone. Having the finals on saturday and on time when whole Europe AND people in NA can watch is a lot better than having finals on sunday night at 4 AM for europe (like MLG).
Hookzqt
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden40 Posts
November 27 2011 13:54 GMT
#134
The only bad thing about Dreamhack was the crew, everyone was totally fucking clueless and it almost led to us missing the finals. Good thing we got in for free later.
marcesr
Profile Joined June 2008
Germany1383 Posts
November 27 2011 13:55 GMT
#135
I went to my first barcraft for the finals and I have to say that for me personally it was the best event yet. The atmosphere was so great at the barcraft and on the stream as well! Thx Dreamhack!
Presidenten
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden777 Posts
November 27 2011 14:04 GMT
#136
watched the vods now, really a pity that they played music so loud on the stream. The noise in there was incredible, too bad it wasn't heard that well in the vods.
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
November 27 2011 14:04 GMT
#137
great DH , i liked the couch idea. would be nice to have a little touchscreen coffee table so they can analyze the games with magic markers and stuff ! that would be the best
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
Gourmand
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada101 Posts
November 27 2011 14:11 GMT
#138
This was the best tourny i've watched from home for sure. The casters, the free quality , the format and the fact that the final was on the saturday was really awesome!

But for me what i liked the most compare to every other tournament was the casters couch between the game at the end. For the first time i was not going c'mon get those game restarted faster, in fact i would have take more talking between the games no problem!

The only laking thing was the camera choice between game, they didn't alway use the right one or took some time to change when different people were talking.

To everyone involved in Dreamhack, thank you!
Busmusen
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden13 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 14:22:21
November 27 2011 14:21 GMT
#139
It might have been mentioned already, but I feel like the stream did a bad job catching the crowd volume, I was at the live event and the crowd was ear-blastingly loud. I just was surprised when I checked some clips today, the crowd sounds a lot less on the stream.

Being at the live event however was an pleasure.
lite gott
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
November 27 2011 14:31 GMT
#140
They still have a few minor things to work at that didn't work all that great during this event. Most important being probably the stability of the streams. Obviously having an event of this magnitude and having streams be as unreliable they were the first couple of days is anything but good. I don't know where the issues where, if it was twitch.tv being unprepared to handle the load, some issue on dreamhacks end or some routing issue in between that neither party could have predicted beforehand (I highly doubt it was a bandwidth issue in dreamhacks side ). But since it was fixed for the last day I assume they figured it out in the end and will be better prepared for the next time.

I felt that another issue was Totalbiscuit feeling a bit out of place in the casters couch between the games. I'm a huge TB fan but with the setup they had for the casters couch with taking turns analysing the game I felt he didn't add nearly as much as Day9, MrBitter and Apollo who are all very good analysts. Some people also brought out the hosting as an issue. I didn't actually watch that part myself since I don't usually enjoy those parts of any show. I do feel however that you could address both these issues by having Totalbiscuit hosting the even. He has one of the best announcing voices in all of esports casting, brings huge amounts of energy and is overall very articulate and well spoken. He could then transition into being a host of sorts in the casting couch, asking the other casters questions. I think this way would seem a little more organized and would help bring all casters into the roles they are the best at.

The last negative thing I can think about is the location. I know there's probably not anything anyone can do about this, I doubt dreamhack are going to change their venue after all these years, but Jönköping is just really quite a small town to host an event as big as this. For most people it will be quite a way to travel there and when you get there and when you get there the few hotels that can be found in the somewhat nearby area will almost certainly be fully booked which means that there will be no way for you to stay the night. Sadly this means that it's hard to attend the event unless you are also attending the LAN, which in my book is quite a shame. If they had hosted it in a bit bigger city like Stockholm or even Gothemburg I doubt there would have been a single free chair in that stadium.
I realize that moving it is hardly an option, but one can still dream.

That's pretty much it for the negatives for me, the rest of the event was fan-bleeding-tastic. I'm not going to bother comparing if it was better or worse than other big events like the MLGs, IPL or NASL. I do think Dreamhack needs to be given some huge props for being innovators though. I feel like the other events are going with a quite similar formula of get casters, get booths, get a convention centre, get some hosts and then go ahead and run the event like that while trying to perfect that formula. Obviously there's nothing wrong with that and I've enjoyed all those events greatly.

Dreamhack however seems to really be pushing the limits though and being the ones that try to add additional features into the standard formula. This event they moved themselves into a big stadium, which was awesome and bringing in a whole new level of venues to esports. They added the caster couch making absolutely full use of all the great casters they brought there as well as making the dead time between games, that is usually quite dry and boring, almost as entertaining as the actual games. Even such a small thing as the heartbeat monitors adds another level of depth that I think we will see much more often after this event.

Obviously there were many more positive points than these, but those were the ones that stood out to me. As I said before though, pretty much everything except the three points I mentioned above was really great.

I already can't wait for the summer event!
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason89
SpeCial 68
Railgan 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16005
Dewaltoss 150
firebathero 106
Hyuk 100
ZZZero.O 79
Terrorterran 24
Dota 2
febbydoto47
League of Legends
Doublelift2942
Counter-Strike
Fnx 864
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5820
crisheroes960
Other Games
summit1g6069
FrodaN2530
fl0m840
mouzStarbuck460
KnowMe328
ToD200
ArmadaUGS129
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1170
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 85
• Adnapsc2 23
• musti20045 15
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 52
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen139
Other Games
• imaqtpie858
• Shiphtur232
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 53m
INu's Battles
14h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 53m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.