• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:27
CEST 01:27
KST 08:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8831 users

North America Season 4 GM Ladder Errors - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
vVv Gaming
Profile Joined May 2011
United States20 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-02 01:16:31
November 02 2011 01:16 GMT
#201
www.vvv-gaming.com
memcpy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States459 Posts
November 02 2011 01:23 GMT
#202
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


Top 100 masters =/= Top 100 MMR. MMR carries over from season to season and the players who got in had high enough MMR to get into GM. The system has nothing to do with ladder points. If it was then you would be in GM. It's been like that since GM came out.
UniversalMind
Profile Joined March 2011
United States326 Posts
November 02 2011 01:36 GMT
#203
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


mans gotta point, GM ladder glitched or something
Fyrepower
Profile Joined August 2011
United States10 Posts
November 02 2011 01:44 GMT
#204
On November 02 2011 10:23 memcpy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


Top 100 masters =/= Top 100 MMR. MMR carries over from season to season and the players who got in had high enough MMR to get into GM. The system has nothing to do with ladder points. If it was then you would be in GM. It's been like that since GM came out.


How does your post explain what I said about IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim, Kiwi and others? Do they not have incredibly high MMR?
You're a cantelope!
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
November 02 2011 01:45 GMT
#205
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


I was top100 in masters before GM last season and I didn't make it in. All I'm saying is with the amountof smurfs and pros that dont play inbetween the reset and when GM start, top100 is not enough you need top50 or even top30 to be guaranteed a spot so saying i was rank 90 i deserve to be there is not accurate
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
sLiMpoweR
Profile Joined March 2009
United States430 Posts
November 02 2011 01:47 GMT
#206
Anyone claiming that their wasn't a glitch is clearly daft. If your argument is that someone didn't get in because its mmr based your just wrong because plenty of people with gigantic mmrs didn't get in. Blizzard made some sort of mistake. If they will fix it or not is the real question because to do so would rob some ppl of their gm spots even if they were unjustly earned and i have a feeling blizzard wont do that from a customer service standpoint, However on the other hand you have other ppl that deserve to be in gm not getting in also getting ripped off so whatever blizzard does someone will end up with the short end of the stick. But all the arguing about i should have got in or you shouldn't have is pointless. In my opinion you should never be guaranteed a spot based on last seasons performance but it should be a set number of games (50 during 1st week imo) coupled with your mmr. Thus the most active / skilled people would be the ones getting the gm slots. It baffles me to think that anyone could get in to the most prestigious league in sc2 with an 0-1 record. It just makes no sense, if you want to be in gm you should have to put in the time during the first week like everyone else.
Team aMg
.Mystic
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada486 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-02 01:52:11
November 02 2011 01:49 GMT
#207
normally during a season when a gm spot opens up, it usualy takes the next highest mmr in the masters league, meaning its in a way reserved, assuming you are active, and not open to whoever just masses games. So this season gm when you look at it and some pros havn't gone in, the spots weren't reserved for those with high mmr. (eg dde) So obv its broken and should be fixed soon...

You look at some of the past season for gm players? 1 of them was diamond ffs... Bottom gm mostly mid master last season.

zzz, either way just play
Fyrepower
Profile Joined August 2011
United States10 Posts
November 02 2011 01:50 GMT
#208
On November 02 2011 10:45 desRow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


I was top100 in masters before GM last season and I didn't make it in. All I'm saying is with the amountof smurfs and pros that dont play inbetween the reset and when GM start, top100 is not enough you need top50 or even top30 to be guaranteed a spot so saying i was rank 90 i deserve to be there is not accurate


I can understand that then, I think we both just communicated a little bit off and it led to a misunderstanding. GLHF to you as well.
You're a cantelope!
ThisGS
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany255 Posts
November 02 2011 01:50 GMT
#209
On November 02 2011 10:23 memcpy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


Top 100 masters =/= Top 100 MMR. MMR carries over from season to season and the players who got in had high enough MMR to get into GM. The system has nothing to do with ladder points. If it was then you would be in GM. It's been like that since GM came out.


thanks, many people do not understand this...
oxxo
Profile Joined February 2010
988 Posts
November 02 2011 01:52 GMT
#210
Everything with MMR/favored seems to be glitched right now.
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
November 02 2011 02:00 GMT
#211
I don't see the issue?

A number of pros stop being incredibly active on ladder in preference of practicing in custom games and because they don't make grandmaster it must be bugged right?

The league placements work based on MMR, if someone is winning consistently to get a large MMR putting them near the top then they've earned their spot in GM league, even if they are a no-name.
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-02 02:38:31
November 02 2011 02:35 GMT
#212
On November 02 2011 10:44 Fyrepower wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 10:23 memcpy wrote:
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


Top 100 masters =/= Top 100 MMR. MMR carries over from season to season and the players who got in had high enough MMR to get into GM. The system has nothing to do with ladder points. If it was then you would be in GM. It's been like that since GM came out.


How does your post explain what I said about IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim, Kiwi and others? Do they not have incredibly high MMR?


Because the ladder was truly bugged this season as opposed to previous seasons. Generally when someone with super high MMR doesn't play and doesn't claim their GM spot, it will still be in a sense "reserved" for them during a period of time. Now GM will still eventually fill up without these pros because a variety of players drop in and out of top 200 MMR during the placement period (while those who are in GM and might've dropped out of top 200 MMR remain in GM). I'm not 100% sure it works exactly the way I described, or that blizzard's acceptance range necessarily isn't wider than merely the top200 MMR. Excalibur_z surely knows better. But it's a good enough explanation to show why being #90 master in ladder points has no bearing on GM.

*Edit: I'm not gaining any ladder points from wins either. Only losing them after losses. The post match window doesn't show a masters icon next to my nickname. It's just empty.
imEnex
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada500 Posts
November 02 2011 02:38 GMT
#213
Wow this is very weird, you should fix it soon ASAP. Major people like IdrA, DeMuslim, and all the progamers are going to be upset T_T
Program yourself to Success
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
November 02 2011 02:41 GMT
#214
A lot of people in denial about the ladder glitching it seems. lol

Give the "Points don't = MMR" a rest, you're actually arguing in favor of the glitch... does nobody know what MMR even means?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 02 2011 02:44 GMT
#215
On November 02 2011 11:38 T.Enex wrote:
Wow this is very weird, you should fix it soon ASAP. Major people like IdrA, DeMuslim, and all the progamers are going to be upset T_T


No Idra/demuslim won't care everyone know's how good they are and ladder is meaningless to them tournaments are their main focus.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Imalengrat
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia365 Posts
November 02 2011 02:44 GMT
#216
Must be a bug in the coding of how the automation grabs Master players and inserts them into the Grandmaster league. I don't know if they might change it but it seems off that people like Idra, Incontrol, KiWiKaKi aren't in the league. Oh well, they express their opinion as not caring so maybe we should not too.
Mass Motherships Counters Almost everything
BluePanther
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2776 Posts
November 02 2011 02:46 GMT
#217
On November 02 2011 11:41 ThaZenith wrote:
A lot of people in denial about the ladder glitching it seems. lol

Give the "Points don't = MMR" a rest, you're actually arguing in favor of the glitch... does nobody know what MMR even means?


It means it's hidden and you can't see it, and it varies from what the actual points awarded are. You can have a very high MMR and a bad record/point total while someone with a lower MMR has a great record and more points.
Darkness2k11
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile313 Posts
November 02 2011 02:47 GMT
#218
Heh, I hope this gets fixed asap, I heard from someone that they are gonna reset it so hopefully thats what happens, if I got GM just because of a bug then I don't want it, it doesn't mean anything so gogogo blizzard do something!!!.
When Behind, Dark Shrine
Darkthorn
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania912 Posts
November 02 2011 02:55 GMT
#219
On November 02 2011 11:35 LaLuSh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2011 10:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 10:23 memcpy wrote:
On November 02 2011 10:11 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:53 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:44 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:35 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:32 Fyrepower wrote:
On November 02 2011 09:25 desRow wrote:
On November 02 2011 08:55 Fyrepower wrote:
I was top 90 masters in NA when I went to sleep, figuring that I would be safe in my points and MMR until I would be able to play after school on the next day to get my promotion. Little did I know, when I logged on GM had already been completely filled with players that hadn't even played on the season... I know I'm not a pro but I think I'm more deserving than the majority of the last 50 in GM... http://sc2ranks.com/us/989883/bSunFyre

nope..
you have to understand there's probably 89players ~ better than you and many pros who didnt play at all so lets say 30~40. then at least 50 of those people have a smurf who they laddered as well to get GM. That's how hard GM is to get if it didnt fuck up. Went to bed with 70th on desRow and i was skeptical i'd get it altho i had a sick mmr last season. with all the smurfs and the pros who dont play any game cus they know they have the mmr to get it, top50 in masters league will be the norm to have a shot at GM even higher than that VTdesRow was top10 in all masters last season and im sure i would have got it.


I understand that there were 89 players that were either better or more active than I am, but the point of my argument is there are still at least 80 of those players that were ahead of me in masters yesterday are STILL listed as masters and didn't receive GM. And in response to your comment on MMR, I've been consistently beating current or last season GM's and many of the players in the lower portion of GM right now had match histories of playing low to mid masters and still managed to get in to GM. How does that mean that they are more qualified than I am for GM when they are playing lower ranked players and have less points, the two factors that determine league promotion?

it's too easy to say that you deserved it. I guess we'll see next season glhf !


I have rankings and statistics to heavily support my argument. All you have in your argument is a system that only Blizzard knows about. You can hardly say you deserved it more when ALL you did for the season to get a GM rank on one account was play a 8 minute 4gate game on Xel'Naga Caverns.


Why are you so upset about not making it? Why do you feel like you deserve to be in there?

You don't deserve to be in there, that's the simple answer. Why do you feel like you deserve it more then the next 200 active top masters that are arguably better, if not as skilled as you are?


I don't deserve to be there because I wasn't there at the right time you mean. Before GM opened, I was in the top 100 masters for AM, and as GM hadn't been out yet, that made me top 100 overall in AM. That's why I feel I deserve it. The way the GM rankings were is that the first 200 masters players that played after the GM patch came in to effect received GM. How do they deserve it more than me and the other people that were higher ranked than me? All that they did was be decently high ranked and at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't be complaining if 200 players that were legitimately better than me got GM. I don't think I'm better than desRow, and this wasn't a personal attack on him. This is me asking why while I was ranked higher and facing tougher opponents than a good amount of people in lower GM why I didn't get it. I'm upset about not making it because it's a competition. The whole point of competition is the best prevail, or in GM's case the top 200, and that didn't happen for this season of GM. You can see this when players like IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim and many other pros aren't in GM but instead people that have never been there before and are likely not as good as the players listed above.


Top 100 masters =/= Top 100 MMR. MMR carries over from season to season and the players who got in had high enough MMR to get into GM. The system has nothing to do with ladder points. If it was then you would be in GM. It's been like that since GM came out.


How does your post explain what I said about IdrA, Minigun, Destiny, DeMuslim, Kiwi and others? Do they not have incredibly high MMR?


Because the ladder was truly bugged this season as opposed to previous seasons. Generally when someone with super high MMR doesn't play and doesn't claim their GM spot, it will still be in a sense "reserved" for them during a period of time. Now GM will still eventually fill up without these pros because a variety of players drop in and out of top 200 MMR during the placement period (while those who are in GM and might've dropped out of top 200 MMR remain in GM). I'm not 100% sure it works exactly the way I described, or that blizzard's acceptance range necessarily isn't wider than merely the top200 MMR. Excalibur_z surely knows better. But it's a good enough explanation to show why being #90 master in ladder points has no bearing on GM.

*Edit: I'm not gaining any ladder points from wins either. Only losing them after losses. The post match window doesn't show a masters icon next to my nickname. It's just empty.

I am having the exact same issue...just that I only won 2 games which appear on history but not when i press view ladder.
VTPerfect
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States487 Posts
November 02 2011 02:56 GMT
#220
Coming from someone that has always had 2 Acc in GM, I really hope they reset GM and fix this because GM league becomes an utterly useless tool if i cant compare myself to people that actually belong there.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings42
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O170
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1107
ZZZero.O 170
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
League of Legends
Doublelift5165
JimRising 715
Other Games
summit1g9214
FrodaN3134
KnowMe187
C9.Mang097
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1008
• Shiphtur177
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 33m
Replay Cast
23h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.