• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:54
CEST 12:54
KST 19:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7496 users

[Utility] Build Order Notebook - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
keyStorm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada316 Posts
August 09 2011 22:10 GMT
#61
nice work :D

Thanks for sharing
susySquark
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1692 Posts
August 09 2011 22:11 GMT
#62
People, this is NOT cheating. Post-its, windowed mode + notepad, heck, I could print a transparency and create an "overlay". Its not like the program flashes when you're missing a pylon or something.
theDragoon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada307 Posts
August 09 2011 22:12 GMT
#63
Awesome program, gonna save me a lot of trees and will make randoming a lot easier!

I don't think its cheating, it's basically the same as writing the build order on a piece of paper and putting it beside you. I have a little notepad with me where I write down build orders because I don't have a second monitor.
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
August 09 2011 22:13 GMT
#64
Great tool
Will def try it out
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
August 09 2011 22:15 GMT
#65
On August 10 2011 07:11 susySquark wrote:
People, this is NOT cheating. Post-its, windowed mode + notepad, heck, I could print a transparency and create an "overlay". Its not like the program flashes when you're missing a pylon or something.

^ quote

Peoples starting call everything "cheating", when they're missing, that Blizzards don't do anything vs resolution "cheating" (widescreen vs square-screen), graphic quality "cheating" (less special effects, more clear battlefields, but also no unit models when warping, etc)
AWakefield
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada420 Posts
August 09 2011 22:15 GMT
#66
Oh I am so all over this when I get home from work. Thanks!
keyStorm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada316 Posts
August 09 2011 22:16 GMT
#67
its not cheating..its for practice...like you would wrote it down on a piece of paper, nothing wrong with that

anyway a build order doesnt give you insta win...what do you do with the units..?
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
August 09 2011 22:17 GMT
#68
On August 10 2011 06:22 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
Thank you for your work and sharing it with us, will definitely try this out.
Can you resize? It is a bit big on the screen.

You can change size and font. Look at my style:

[image loading]



Show nested quote +
I hope people can get banned for this... seems like too much help.

Gluing a small paper to the edge of the monitor - cheating too?


gluing a paper or having other monitor is MUCH more distracting
Stork[gm]
AXygnus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Portugal1008 Posts
August 09 2011 22:18 GMT
#69
Uhhh, aren't overlays forbidden by the ToS?
"To create, to recreate. To create, to recreate. Down to the last seed, I stand with a dark stare. Still silent. Still frighteningly silent."
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
August 09 2011 22:18 GMT
#70
On August 10 2011 07:16 keyStorm wrote:
its not cheating..its for practice...like you would wrote it down on a piece of paper, nothing wrong with that

anyway a build order doesnt give you insta win...what do you do with the units..?


But... but... the ONLY reason people lose is that they can't follow their BO out until 127 food!!! Now they can! Instantly every gold player will be rolling like a GM! [/sarcasm]

I can't be more grateful for this tool! My SC notebook was getting full (stupid playing all 3 races). No more! You deserve a medal.
One Love
Thugtronik
Profile Joined October 2010
New Zealand452 Posts
August 09 2011 22:19 GMT
#71
This is awesome! Exactly what I need. Will be dling as soon as I get home :D
DIG DIG COME ON LET ME DIG I CAN DETECT
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
August 09 2011 22:20 GMT
#72
On August 10 2011 07:17 bgx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 06:22 Existor wrote:
Thank you for your work and sharing it with us, will definitely try this out.
Can you resize? It is a bit big on the screen.

You can change size and font. Look at my style:

[image loading]



I hope people can get banned for this... seems like too much help.

Gluing a small paper to the edge of the monitor - cheating too?


gluing a paper or having other monitor is MUCH more distracting


That's true. Paper is distracting.

What if, instead, I took a piece of cellophane, wrote the build order on it, and taped it onto the front of my monitor? The monitor would look EXACTLY like if this tool were used. Is that cheating?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 22:22:36
August 09 2011 22:22 GMT
#73
If you don't play your build order enough to even remember the basics...you won't win regardless...lol

It might be a good tool for single player practice...although it might violate ToS?
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
CursedFeanor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada539 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 22:50:17
August 09 2011 22:46 GMT
#74
Awesome little program! I will definitely be using it instead of the messy notepad files I have all over my desktop! Also thanks for the preloaded build orders, this will clearly help me playing off-race, which I'm starting to do nowadays.

That being said, Blizzard recently banned people for using overlays in an effort to combat cheaters. Depending how exactly this is implemented, I believe it's totally possible to get banned for using the overlay function. I know I personally won't... I'll just have the program opened on my second monitor!

edit : link to previous situation, which apparently was cleared up, but shows what could happen here... and since this is closer to cheating, I wouldn't take any risk!
bruteMax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada339 Posts
August 09 2011 23:46 GMT
#75
Very nice app!

Would it be possible for you to include mouse wheel control in the overlay so we can adjust the height of the overlay without limiting what we can include in the build order? I think this would also work best if you did not include a vertical scroll bar in order to maximize viewable area horizontally.

Thanks again!

I'm the benevolent dictator you've been looking for.
IronDoc
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom27 Posts
August 09 2011 23:49 GMT
#76
On August 10 2011 07:46 CursedFeanor wrote:
That being said, Blizzard recently banned people for using overlays in an effort to combat cheaters. Depending how exactly this is implemented, I believe it's totally possible to get banned for using the overlay function. I know I personally won't... I'll just have the program opened on my second monitor!

edit : link to previous situation, which apparently was cleared up, but shows what could happen here... and since this is closer to cheating, I wouldn't take any risk!

You've missed the point of that post. As it says, those overlays were 'directly hooking into the rendering process and _could_ modify the information you get'. This is just putting another program in front of SC. You could have a youtube video with 50% transparency in front of the game and it wouldn't violate the TOS. I really don't see why this is even under debate.
Trusty
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand520 Posts
August 09 2011 23:51 GMT
#77
This not against TOS.
Fission
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1184 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 00:07:10
August 10 2011 00:06 GMT
#78
Guys, I play sc2 in windowed mode with notepad open, containing a build order. IS THIS CHEETING??


Edit: OP, I absolutely love this, thank you so, so much.
IIIOmegaIII
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden319 Posts
August 10 2011 00:58 GMT
#79
wow nice work man ;o gotta try this out
manitoo
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada3 Posts
August 10 2011 02:13 GMT
#80
Thanks for this, and I appreciate that it comes pre-loaded with tons of builds. Great work!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings32
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2724
Bisu 1107
Jaedong 697
Horang2 657
Hyuk 487
BeSt 471
actioN 277
Light 257
firebathero 238
Zeus 206
[ Show more ]
Stork 169
Leta 140
EffOrt 126
Sexy 107
Soma 98
Last 97
ZerO 84
Soulkey 84
Pusan 67
Rush 58
Killer 46
ggaemo 43
Mong 39
Mind 36
Aegong 33
Shinee 33
soO 30
hero 30
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 17
PianO 16
Sharp 15
Mini 15
Yoon 12
NaDa 11
Free 10
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Shine 3
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Fuzer 110
League of Legends
Reynor50
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1467
shoxiejesuss758
x6flipin204
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2132
crisheroes451
Other Games
gofns34890
singsing1840
XBOCT307
DeMusliM186
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE47
B2W.Neo26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Liquid`LucifroN1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• LUISG 34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2276
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 6m
Stellar Fest
2h 6m
OSC
13h 6m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.