• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:00
CEST 13:00
KST 20:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7394 users

SC1 "Rebel Yell" campaign in SC2 - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 05:48:27
April 19 2011 05:47 GMT
#141
It is pretty much the hardest mission of them all. You will probably need to use some safes. Otherwise, Lings are very good. Very, very good. But you need to babysit them a lot, otherwise they will die instantly to reavers. Which is also why you will probably need a few safes, because if you miss one attack somewhere, you lose.

You can get an expansion in the top middle from the top left, and one the right. Both have a cannon and some protoss guys in them, though.

For the first few two waves, it helps, if you spot them in time, to nydus kerrigan, her two ultras, and her two hydras there. Also, you can produce drones from all three hatcheries in the beginning to jumpstart your economy.

I would advice you not to use mass crawlers, because, while it works in the beginning, at some time they will kill you, and you can not do a lot of other stuff while massing these crawlers.

If you somehow manage to get a good bunch of mutas, they destroy everything too. But this probably only happens after you killed at least one or two of the protoss bases with lings. Which is very easy, if you pay very close attention to the reavers. If you manage to absorb the first reaver shot with a single ling, and then focus it manually, your lings kill everything else. Sadly, if you don't focus the reaver, it is the last thing your lings will attack.

Edit: Also, i forgot to say that this whole campaign project rocks. A lot.
ppdealer
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada163 Posts
April 19 2011 12:35 GMT
#142
On April 17 2011 05:52 Telenil wrote:
I suppose I can use this thread to make a quick "bug" report: the protoss photon cannons in this campaign have damage 20, while in the original game, they dealt explosive damage (reduced vs light/medium).
It is not game-breaking in the zerg campaign, but I noticed it immediately in the second zerg mission, they are far more powerful against zerglings/hydralisks.


According to Liquipedia the damage type of Photon Cannon is Normal: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Photon_Cannon
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
April 20 2011 07:59 GMT
#143
... correct, I've just checked. My bad then, I could have sworn it was explosive. I suppose I mixed things up with the dragoon and the missle turret...

About the campaign: on my computer, the IA doesn't react to guardian attacks. The unit just stands at the same place until it dies, unless the guardian gets really close. Anyone has the same issue?
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 20 2011 08:11 GMT
#144
On April 19 2011 06:50 Raavi wrote:
Wow, im getting destroyed in mission 8, zerg campaign :o
Tried different tactics, but cant find something that actually works. Anyone got some tips on this one?


I had a little trouble at first, but then I restarded the mission, and for whatever reason, 90% of the attacks came to my main/top right canyon... ez mode from there.

Can't say for sure if this would have been the hardest otherwise, but I personally found the next one to be. (Z9) Whenever he pushes with like 10 zealots, 6 dragoons, 2 archons, 1 reaver, 8 scouts, 2 arbiters, and 2 carriers, all with 3/3/3, I kind of felt it to be a little bit of a problem.

Then I found out you could make devourers as well >.<.

Oh, by the way, scourge are free units and costs only supply. They seem to be pretty buggy in behaviour though and aren't all THAT useful.

Love both campaigns so far anyway, especially episode 2.

Looking forward to ep.3
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
April 23 2011 20:18 GMT
#145
Tried different tactics, but cant find something that actually works. Anyone got some tips on this one?
First I tried to do it without using Brood War tech, but it was so hard to keep the phalanges of zealots at bay with split forces that I eventually tried the lurkers, and the mission was suddenly a LOT easier.
Tech to lurkers, burrow three of them in each canyon and a couple more in your base, and you'll be relatively safe against all breakthrough attempts if you have a few zerglings to soak damage and hydralisks to deal with the scouts. Then I used a ball of mutalisks to wipe the map, as I did in many previous levels.

The Invasion of Aiur was a challening but very enjoyable level. Mutas deathcloud or guardian carpet-bombing don't work well due to the IA's templars/archons and scout/carriers strategies. This level was more of a macro game, and I had to make a good mix of units to deal withthe various threats. One my favorite levels so far.
I haven't try Full Circle yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
May 09 2011 23:25 GMT
#146
Mutas are REDICULOUS, especially against terran. Pretty much, in any mission when you could get 2 gases, I just dumped all my gas into mutas, built a million lings with upgrades and rolled. I feel like the adrenal gland upgrade is monstrous also.
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
May 10 2011 07:24 GMT
#147
This is seriously the most epic effort anyone's ever put into SC2 IMO...reminds me of the TIE fighter mod for Xwing vs. Tie Fighter, but much better. Congrats and thanks
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
Faranth
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
933 Posts
May 10 2011 08:51 GMT
#148
--- Nuked ---
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
May 10 2011 09:48 GMT
#149
The difficulty level is intended, and I really like it (though I admit terran 8 was frustrating at times). You need to push slowly with tanks, build bunkers and turrets to hold the line once you've pushed forward. And save regularly, too.
The developpers said they might introduce lower difficulty levels at some point, but for now you'll have to deal with it.
Pretty much, in any mission when you could get 2 gases, I just dumped all my gas into mutas, built a million lings with upgrades and rolled. I feel like the adrenal gland upgrade is monstrous also.
Wait until mission 9 and 10. Suffice to say: archons/reavers/scouts.
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
May 10 2011 15:50 GMT
#150
stuck on terran 8 too =[

i gotta dedicate some more time to it later in the week.
Commentator
Arrowsun
Profile Joined December 2010
United States55 Posts
May 10 2011 18:24 GMT
#151
Husky made videos of all the terran missions. I found them helpful when I got stuck on the tougher final 3 missions. BC are really helpful and taking down bases helps decrease reinforcements. Don't sit too long before taking out bases.
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
Taiyoken
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada130 Posts
May 10 2011 20:09 GMT
#152
Once BCs became available, I just turtled with tanks/goliaths until I could get about 8-10 BCs and just 1a'ed across the map.
Arrowsun
Profile Joined December 2010
United States55 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 13:19:20
May 11 2011 13:17 GMT
#153
On April 19 2011 06:50 Raavi wrote:
Wow, im getting destroyed in mission 8, zerg campaign :o
Tried different tactics, but cant find something that actually works. Anyone got some tips on this one?

Someone posted a youtube on mission 8 for the zerg campaign. http://www.youtube.com/user/Knatteltattel#p/a/u/0/wBIDvD-kkx0
Knatteltattel does all the zerg missions up to 8, and he does a great job of keeping up on his macro. Really worth a look if you have trouble.
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
Taiyoken
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada130 Posts
May 11 2011 20:10 GMT
#154
For the zerg campaigns, I turtled with lurkers/hydras. Trick is to build a bunch of hatches to keep up your macro (3-4 for the 1 base is good, I ended up with 11 hatches). Make a Guardian/Devourer deathball and 1aed across the map and won. If you have a lot of leftover minerals, just churn out 904543 lings and attack with them. You can clear a lot of the map with only lings to make your guardian/devourer assault go faster.
Gara
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada435 Posts
May 12 2011 01:00 GMT
#155
I definitely enjoyed both Rebel Yell and Overmind in SC2; the AI is much stronger than in BW, but the mechanics are easier.

I can understand why Terran 8 has been giving so many people difficulty... go heavy, heavy mech with at least 6 factories and crank out tanks and goliaths... a couple of early nukes really helps in pushing out of your base, and then turreting up the entire right side of the enemy base once you control it. Also, move your production buildings up the map - don't be a nub like me and lose a constant stream of rallied tanks and marines to the enemies' wraith and BC forces.

Terran 10 can also be hard - easiest strat is probably to tank and turret up the middle of the map between the two enemy bases, take the far right expansion and mass BCs to clean out red, then go for the ion cannon.

The zerg campaign was much harder for me than the terran one... I had to restart zerg 4 several times because the early drops kept destroying me before I could get mutas up; build massive numbers of spines to secure your base, but once you have mutas, it gets much easier.

Zerg 9 was quite brutal, you really have to balance your unit mix, and getting scourge against the carriers really helps. Also, try to clean out at least the midrange bases (beneath the cannon ridges) before mining the crystal, as otherwise the protoss attack waves are basically unstoppable.

For zerg 10, you can just take the bottom bases mass up about a hundred cracklings, clean out everything in front of the temple then macro up another wave of cracklings to destroy the actual temple. Actually, mass cracklings are pretty effective on zerg 7 as well, since all the enemy has is a couple of brood lords and ultras.

Zerg 8: Lurkers. That is all. Well, large defensive groups of hydras can work too, but they get chewed up by the occasional reaver.

Overall, really awesome. The only beef I have is that sometimes, the maps had unbuildable expansions due to mineral placement or doodads (terran 8 comes to mind, you can't build a command center in the top left expansion due to mineral placement.

Can't wait for the protoss campaign! (And hopefully eventually the BW ones, if we're so lucky! Can't wait to see what the last mission of the zerg BW campaign will be like in SC2 - it was difficult enough before, it must be totally brutal with an SCII AI backing it up.)
Izukue
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada101 Posts
May 18 2011 16:40 GMT
#156
This was amazing :3 I just finished Terran and I can't wait to play zerg and protoss (when it comes out)! Thank you so much for remaking this :D
DocNemesis
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Philippines446 Posts
May 18 2011 17:17 GMT
#157
I heard of the mod from Husky. I must say, the modders did a fine job recreating the Starcraft 1 campaigns. Now if only they let us know when we will expect the Protoss campaigns.

Speaking of which, will you reckon that they will remake the Starcraft 1 expansions aside from Brood War. I heard Insurrection and Resurrection are the rarest expansions (even though they were poorly received somewhat) and it would be nice to relive them a little bit.
Here to kick ass....with Violence. And I got a blog site: http://nemesistrestkon.wordpress.com
DocNemesis
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Philippines446 Posts
May 18 2011 17:20 GMT
#158
On May 19 2011 01:40 Izukue wrote:
This was amazing :3 I just finished Terran and I can't wait to play zerg and protoss (when it comes out)! Thank you so much for remaking this :D



The Zerg campaign has been released, dude. Look for SC1-Overmind
Here to kick ass....with Violence. And I got a blog site: http://nemesistrestkon.wordpress.com
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-18 22:46:24
May 18 2011 22:46 GMT
#159
I think the part in the brackets only applies to "protoss", which makes sense grammatically too, since otherwise it should have beed "when they come out"

In which case it is absolutely correct.
KaasZerg
Profile Joined November 2005
Netherlands927 Posts
May 19 2011 08:43 GMT
#160
One small thing. Kerrigan in her infested form could not attack air units. Unless she used psionic storm.

Beside the original and broodwar there were a lot fanmade missions for broodwar. Most of them sucked but there were some true gems.
Some of them I could only complete by slowing down the gamespeed. I don't know if those are still available.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs HackErIsTopLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
TBD vs Classic
CranKy Ducklings129
SHIN 57
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 263
OGKoka 252
mouzHeroMarine 206
SHIN 57
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49941
Calm 9593
Rain 2802
FanTaSy 1022
soO 978
BeSt 848
Bisu 657
Stork 374
Soulkey 324
Soma 287
[ Show more ]
Rush 221
firebathero 206
Last 138
Pusan 84
Mind 75
Light 66
Snow 60
Sexy 54
ToSsGirL 53
Shinee 45
Sharp 37
Killer 29
hero 25
Mong 25
Trap 23
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 18
yabsab 17
sorry 16
zelot 16
Shine 15
Terrorterran 11
Noble 8
IntoTheRainbow 5
scan(afreeca) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7292
League of Legends
Reynor78
Counter-Strike
byalli681
x6flipin197
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns27674
singsing1947
Pyrionflax236
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 68
• Gemini_19 2
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV418
League of Legends
• Jankos3137
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h
BSL Open Qualifier
8h
BSL Open Qualifier
8h
OSC
12h
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.