• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:51
CEST 16:51
KST 23:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9890 users

SC2 Master League Information - Page 35

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All
Predateur
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada79 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 17:58:19
February 09 2011 15:54 GMT
#681
A new master league has been created I think,
I just got promoted from 3150 diamond to 2700 master in this league :
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/419413/1/Barbu/

Seems like this divison is a bit lackluster, I don't see any name I know and i'm not a top master player for sure. Finally got a new shinny icon thought

edit : nvm I see tasteless is there hopefully he wont make the tasteless build vs me...
vdek
Profile Joined May 2010
United States267 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 19:46:40
February 09 2011 19:44 GMT
#682
On February 09 2011 18:44 escobari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 11:54 ChrysaliS_ wrote:
Master League is far from useless.. it doesn't matter that there's still a huge gap between top of the top and low masters, the point is that now we don't have to fuss around with division modifiers. If I want to know where I stand on NA, I just hope on sc2ranks and bam, there I am, #1340 or whatever


What I meant was that adding leagues to top is useless, is there going to be 40k in masters in 6months or even ~10k. Becaus in beta platinium was highest, then diamond and now master, basically blizzard is just adding leagues to "cheat" peoples egos. What I what is that people would actually drop from leagues or kicked out because inactivity.


Masters league is the top 2% of active players while Diamond is the 18% below masters, that's all it will be. How many players are actually in it is a function of the current active player pool.

In Beta, Platinum was the highest because there was no diamond or masters league...
ChrysaliS_
Profile Joined January 2011
United States261 Posts
February 09 2011 21:42 GMT
#683
On February 10 2011 00:54 Predateur wrote:
A new master league has been created I think,
I just got promoted from 3150 diamond to 2700 master in this league :
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/419413/1/Barbu/

Seems like this divison is a bit lackluster, I don't see any name I know and i'm not a top master player for sure. Finally got a new shinny icon thought

edit : nvm I see tasteless is there hopefully he wont make the tasteless build vs me...


not to mention Dimaga's NA account....
Chrysalis.145
Predateur
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada79 Posts
February 10 2011 00:20 GMT
#684
On February 10 2011 06:42 ChrysaliS_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 00:54 Predateur wrote:
A new master league has been created I think,
I just got promoted from 3150 diamond to 2700 master in this league :
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/419413/1/Barbu/

Seems like this divison is a bit lackluster, I don't see any name I know and i'm not a top master player for sure. Finally got a new shinny icon thought

edit : nvm I see tasteless is there hopefully he wont make the tasteless build vs me...


not to mention Dimaga's NA account....


oh great he wasn't there this morning, this is getting interesting :D

****
Barbu.255
ChrysaliS_
Profile Joined January 2011
United States261 Posts
February 10 2011 00:23 GMT
#685
nevermind, seems he is a fake . you do have FXOBoss though, who although not too great himself is the leader of FXO clan
Chrysalis.145
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 00:50:39
February 10 2011 00:50 GMT
#686
Hope this information helps you: Just got promoted to masters, had a 57 bonus pool left and was a 3,026 diamond before promotion, now have 46 pool left after promotion match. Am now a 2645 Masters, here's a link to my Sc2 ranks http://sc2ranks.com/us/678710/ConfusedCrib Hope this information helps you find league cut offs, ect.! Was my 388th game btw. Also was rank 1 of division Warbringer Chi
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
TerraTron
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada137 Posts
February 17 2011 02:59 GMT
#687
How many games did you win in a row to get to masters? I seem to be getting masters like 2-3 times then losing and getting diamonds again
Prissy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
February 21 2011 17:17 GMT
#688
Question... I am a tanked 12 2400 diamond protoss with almost 700 bonus pool pts at the moment, I've been winning more and more now (ratio wise) and beating 3000ish diamonds, and rank 1 diamonds, and yesterday I faced my first Master league opponent yesterday and won. My question is around how many games I'll have to play (win) to get into master? I know there isn't a def answer, but what do you think?

By the way: all the high level, and low diamond players that I've facing right now are evenly matched which is weird to me. no matter if it's master/ high diamond/ or low diamond.
Channel NYC
Jerax
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada189 Posts
February 21 2011 17:22 GMT
#689
On February 22 2011 02:17 Prissy wrote:

By the way: all the high level, and low diamond players that I've facing right now are evenly matched which is weird to me. no matter if it's master/ high diamond/ or low diamond.



That's because whether you are favored or your opponent is favored has nothing to do with how high your points are, its based on whos mmr is higher.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
February 21 2011 17:32 GMT
#690
On February 22 2011 02:22 Jerax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 02:17 Prissy wrote:

By the way: all the high level, and low diamond players that I've facing right now are evenly matched which is weird to me. no matter if it's master/ high diamond/ or low diamond.



That's because whether you are favored or your opponent is favored has nothing to do with how high your points are, its based on whos mmr is higher.


Well, not exactly. The Favored indicator only shows how many points you stand to earn or lose based on the match outcome, and that's determined by your points versus your opponent's MMR. If it's constantly Even, then the opponents that you're facing -- despite their points -- have MMRs that are close to your points. That's generally an indication that your points are an accurate representation of your MMR (since generally you are paired against players near your MMR) if you were to factor out bonus pool and any division offsets, particularly if it's happening that frequently.
Moderator
Prissy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
February 21 2011 17:32 GMT
#691
On February 22 2011 02:22 Jerax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 02:17 Prissy wrote:

By the way: all the high level, and low diamond players that I've facing right now are evenly matched which is weird to me. no matter if it's master/ high diamond/ or low diamond.



That's because whether you are favored or your opponent is favored has nothing to do with how high your points are, its based on whos mmr is higher.


Ya I see what u mean there that it's all about the hidden MMR, but it's hard to believe that I am still evenly matched with a player that only has like 700 pts in diamond and about 50 wins and 45 losses. So I am guessing this player has around the same MMR as me, but look at his win/loss ratio... (I know league points doesn't count).
Channel NYC
Prissy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
February 21 2011 17:39 GMT
#692
On February 22 2011 02:32 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 02:22 Jerax wrote:
On February 22 2011 02:17 Prissy wrote:

By the way: all the high level, and low diamond players that I've facing right now are evenly matched which is weird to me. no matter if it's master/ high diamond/ or low diamond.



That's because whether you are favored or your opponent is favored has nothing to do with how high your points are, its based on whos mmr is higher.


Well, not exactly. The Favored indicator only shows how many points you stand to earn or lose based on the match outcome, and that's determined by your points versus your opponent's MMR. If it's constantly Even, then the opponents that you're facing -- despite their points -- have MMRs that are close to your points. That's generally an indication that your points are an accurate representation of your MMR (since generally you are paired against players near your MMR) if you were to factor out bonus pool and any division offsets, particularly if it's happening that frequently.


Ahh... nicely explained. Btw, do you know roughly how many more games I'll have to win to get promoted? (note that I've been facing Master, 3000+ diamonds now).
Also, what if I suddenly lose to a platium player right now? Will it drop my MMR by a lot? Will I have to play a lot more games to catch it back up?

Thanks.
Channel NYC
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
February 21 2011 17:43 GMT
#693
On February 22 2011 02:39 Prissy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 02:32 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On February 22 2011 02:22 Jerax wrote:
On February 22 2011 02:17 Prissy wrote:

By the way: all the high level, and low diamond players that I've facing right now are evenly matched which is weird to me. no matter if it's master/ high diamond/ or low diamond.



That's because whether you are favored or your opponent is favored has nothing to do with how high your points are, its based on whos mmr is higher.


Well, not exactly. The Favored indicator only shows how many points you stand to earn or lose based on the match outcome, and that's determined by your points versus your opponent's MMR. If it's constantly Even, then the opponents that you're facing -- despite their points -- have MMRs that are close to your points. That's generally an indication that your points are an accurate representation of your MMR (since generally you are paired against players near your MMR) if you were to factor out bonus pool and any division offsets, particularly if it's happening that frequently.


Ahh... nicely explained. Btw, do you know roughly how many more games I'll have to win to get promoted? (note that I've been facing Master, 3000+ diamonds now).
Also, what if I suddenly lose to a platium player right now? Will it drop my MMR by a lot? Will I have to play a lot more games to catch it back up?

Thanks.


Well that all depends. If the Plat player has been playing against Diamond/Master-level players, then there would be no huge impact on your MMR if you were to lose because his MMR would be around where yours is now. If, on the other hand, you had been staring at Expanding Search for quite some time and the first person it could match you with was a Plat player who didn't have a track record where he should normally be matched against you, then you would probably lose quite a bit more MMR. I can't really speculate on how many more games you would need to play, most notably because it's going to depend on the quality of players you face.
Moderator
Prissy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
February 21 2011 17:47 GMT
#694
On February 22 2011 02:43 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2011 02:39 Prissy wrote:
On February 22 2011 02:32 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On February 22 2011 02:22 Jerax wrote:
On February 22 2011 02:17 Prissy wrote:

By the way: all the high level, and low diamond players that I've facing right now are evenly matched which is weird to me. no matter if it's master/ high diamond/ or low diamond.



That's because whether you are favored or your opponent is favored has nothing to do with how high your points are, its based on whos mmr is higher.


Well, not exactly. The Favored indicator only shows how many points you stand to earn or lose based on the match outcome, and that's determined by your points versus your opponent's MMR. If it's constantly Even, then the opponents that you're facing -- despite their points -- have MMRs that are close to your points. That's generally an indication that your points are an accurate representation of your MMR (since generally you are paired against players near your MMR) if you were to factor out bonus pool and any division offsets, particularly if it's happening that frequently.


Ahh... nicely explained. Btw, do you know roughly how many more games I'll have to win to get promoted? (note that I've been facing Master, 3000+ diamonds now).
Also, what if I suddenly lose to a platium player right now? Will it drop my MMR by a lot? Will I have to play a lot more games to catch it back up?

Thanks.


Well that all depends. If the Plat player has been playing against Diamond/Master-level players, then there would be no huge impact on your MMR if you were to lose because his MMR would be around where yours is now. If, on the other hand, you had been staring at Expanding Search for quite some time and the first person it could match you with was a Plat player who didn't have a track record where he should normally be matched against you, then you would probably lose quite a bit more MMR. I can't really speculate on how many more games you would need to play, most notably because it's going to depend on the quality of players you face.


it's good to know that the amount of time spent on Searching for game matters too! Thanks for the tips~
Channel NYC
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 18:09:56
February 21 2011 18:08 GMT
#695
Just my personal experience - For awhile I was bouncing back and forth (probably 1/4 was a masters player) between diamond 2900+ players and Master 2600+ players with the masters players almost always being slightly favored. Eventually they stopped saying slightly favored, then all of a sudden the game matched me up against 900 masters and over 8 or so games crawled its way up masters league players until around 2700 ( about where I would be placed) and I won all of these matches because low masters players can be significantly < high diamond. Then I went something like 2-2 against 2700ish masters and was promoted.
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
Prissy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
February 21 2011 19:34 GMT
#696
On February 22 2011 03:08 confusedcrib wrote:
Just my personal experience - For awhile I was bouncing back and forth (probably 1/4 was a masters player) between diamond 2900+ players and Master 2600+ players with the masters players almost always being slightly favored. Eventually they stopped saying slightly favored, then all of a sudden the game matched me up against 900 masters and over 8 or so games crawled its way up masters league players until around 2700 ( about where I would be placed) and I won all of these matches because low masters players can be significantly < high diamond. Then I went something like 2-2 against 2700ish masters and was promoted.

Very nice to know... Can you remember how many games you played between VSing the first master - promotion? Thanks
Channel NYC
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
February 22 2011 04:45 GMT
#697
the bug where you can't get promoted without losses seems to still be in effect :/
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Sandermatt
Profile Joined December 2010
Switzerland1365 Posts
February 22 2011 11:18 GMT
#698
From SC2ranks.com it seems that about 450 points that do not come from the bonus pool are needed to advance to masters. There are very few active players with ore than that and a lot of active players between 400 and 450. This makes it seem to me that you can take this value as an indicator on when you will advance.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
February 22 2011 12:45 GMT
#699
Where can we find the total bonus pool?
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
February 22 2011 14:29 GMT
#700
On February 22 2011 21:45 Twistacles wrote:
Where can we find the total bonus pool?


I look at one of my teams that have never spent a single bonus point:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/54441/2/SDream/ladder/31299
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5616
Bisu 2781
Soulkey 1639
Jaedong 746
EffOrt 600
Mini 509
Horang2 426
Larva 363
ZerO 301
actioN 268
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 245
Mind 93
Dewaltoss 89
Sea.KH 81
Barracks 77
sorry 73
hero 71
Sharp 67
Shinee 65
Snow 65
Pusan 57
Hyun 45
Bale 42
ToSsGirL 29
Sacsri 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
Rock 14
NaDa 12
Noble 10
Terrorterran 10
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5450
qojqva2422
Dendi1262
420jenkins124
Counter-Strike
fl0m1916
Fnx 611
x6flipin161
Other Games
hiko904
B2W.Neo721
Liquid`RaSZi597
Lowko369
crisheroes306
DeMusliM258
Hui .202
Livibee199
XBOCT194
Liquid`VortiX170
QueenE78
Mew2King52
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV701
League of Legends
• Nemesis2873
• Jankos1944
• TFBlade404
Other Games
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 9m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.