• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:55
CEST 15:55
KST 22:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8890 users

SC2 Master League Information - Page 37

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 Next All
m00se
Profile Joined December 2010
United States41 Posts
March 06 2011 05:12 GMT
#721
On February 26 2011 19:44 m00se wrote:
http://sc2ranks.com/us/355629/moose

rank 1 diamond in my division

rank 11 diamond in NA with 3310 points...

I have a feeling I am moving up very very soon.



just got in masters with 3000 points.

i got in while vs diamonds and masters players
Prissy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
March 17 2011 15:58 GMT
#722
On March 05 2011 13:17 RukKus wrote:
I apologize if this is a bit off topic, but it does involve my quest to get into Master League!
(For the record I have read all of your documentation on League and promotions, Excalibur, well done!)
I am a 3,100 Diamond... most likely in a very low division tier. BNet seems quite sporadic in pairing me up vs people... it ranges from 1500 Diamond to 3,200 Diamond! It has not paired me vs Master League yet ... but the "Favored"/"Slightly Favored" doesn't seem to coincide with visible points (due to MMR). Is this because it does not have enough confidence in my ability vs higher skill levels? Perhaps my sigma is in a funk and still does not know my skill level for certain .
It seems to pair me up with ppl who have on-the-rise MMR and lower point totals... My win % is not stellar, 51.5%

I'd like to think that I'm Master League quality; however, I would also like to think that I'd need to be beating Master Leaguers in order for BNet to consider me worthy. I just fear it'll never pair me vs Master Leaguers. Is it because my win % isn't high enough?


Some winning streaks will get u to play Masters/high diamonds.
Channel NYC
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
March 29 2011 16:27 GMT
#723
does anyone know what the final bonuspool on EU is?
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
March 29 2011 16:30 GMT
#724
Season 1 had 3150 total bonus pool.
Mendelfist
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden356 Posts
March 29 2011 17:20 GMT
#725
On March 30 2011 01:30 SDream wrote:
Season 1 had 3150 total bonus pool.


3158 to be exact.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 29 2011 17:24 GMT
#726
On March 30 2011 02:20 Mendelfist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 01:30 SDream wrote:
Season 1 had 3150 total bonus pool.


3158 to be exact.


Really? It was 3150 for US/LA.
Moderator
Mendelfist
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden356 Posts
March 29 2011 17:32 GMT
#727
On March 30 2011 02:24 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 02:20 Mendelfist wrote:
On March 30 2011 01:30 SDream wrote:
Season 1 had 3150 total bonus pool.


3158 to be exact.


Really? It was 3150 for US/LA.


Yes, I'm absolutely sure. This one for example has 3158 points:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1089402/1/seawolf/ladder/11687#current-rank

My own match history also ended up with 3158 points.

I tried recently to verify that bonus pool increases exactly 12 points per 24 hours, but I found several places where it didn't. I can't be sure there aren't any errors in my match history, so I didn't bother to examine it further.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 29 2011 17:42 GMT
#728
On March 30 2011 02:32 Mendelfist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 02:24 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On March 30 2011 02:20 Mendelfist wrote:
On March 30 2011 01:30 SDream wrote:
Season 1 had 3150 total bonus pool.


3158 to be exact.


Really? It was 3150 for US/LA.


Yes, I'm absolutely sure. This one for example has 3158 points:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1089402/1/seawolf/ladder/11687#current-rank

My own match history also ended up with 3158 points.

I tried recently to verify that bonus pool increases exactly 12 points per 24 hours, but I found several places where it didn't. I can't be sure there aren't any errors in my match history, so I didn't bother to examine it further.


It's 1 per 112 minutes, so while it's close to 12 per 24h, it's not exact =)
Moderator
Mendelfist
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden356 Posts
March 29 2011 17:49 GMT
#729
On March 30 2011 02:42 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 02:32 Mendelfist wrote:
On March 30 2011 02:24 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On March 30 2011 02:20 Mendelfist wrote:
On March 30 2011 01:30 SDream wrote:
Season 1 had 3150 total bonus pool.


3158 to be exact.


Really? It was 3150 for US/LA.


Yes, I'm absolutely sure. This one for example has 3158 points:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1089402/1/seawolf/ladder/11687#current-rank

My own match history also ended up with 3158 points.

I tried recently to verify that bonus pool increases exactly 12 points per 24 hours, but I found several places where it didn't. I can't be sure there aren't any errors in my match history, so I didn't bother to examine it further.


It's 1 per 112 minutes, so while it's close to 12 per 24h, it's not exact =)


Argh! Why are they toying with us?
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
March 29 2011 17:51 GMT
#730
On March 30 2011 02:49 Mendelfist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 02:42 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On March 30 2011 02:32 Mendelfist wrote:
On March 30 2011 02:24 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On March 30 2011 02:20 Mendelfist wrote:
On March 30 2011 01:30 SDream wrote:
Season 1 had 3150 total bonus pool.


3158 to be exact.


Really? It was 3150 for US/LA.


Yes, I'm absolutely sure. This one for example has 3158 points:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1089402/1/seawolf/ladder/11687#current-rank

My own match history also ended up with 3158 points.

I tried recently to verify that bonus pool increases exactly 12 points per 24 hours, but I found several places where it didn't. I can't be sure there aren't any errors in my match history, so I didn't bother to examine it further.


It's 1 per 112 minutes, so while it's close to 12 per 24h, it's not exact =)


Argh! Why are they toying with us?


They probably have bets on these things: "how long it'll take to they to discovery that ...?".
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
March 29 2011 23:04 GMT
#731
3158 seems to be the right number for EU
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
May 01 2011 08:30 GMT
#732
hey really sorry for bumping this and if this is a retarded question

but is it possible to get placed in masters league from your one placement match?
lazydino
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada331 Posts
May 01 2011 08:33 GMT
#733
On May 01 2011 17:30 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
hey really sorry for bumping this and if this is a retarded question

but is it possible to get placed in masters league from your one placement match?


As long as your mmr is high enough.
"I have this moron thing that I do, it's called thinking" - George Carlin
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-01 08:46:35
May 01 2011 08:43 GMT
#734
hahah that's so funny

i just played my placement match for season 2 and i havent played in months and i just cheesed some guy and it wasnt even a good cheese because i never cheesed in s1 and it horribly failed and i lost and it promoted me to masters

epic, i coulda just left at the start and gotten promoted rofl

the weird thing is the guy i lost to was in diamond =O
sTYleZerG-eX
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico473 Posts
June 30 2011 04:54 GMT
#735
On January 12 2011 09:07 stupidhydro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 09:03 ExO_ wrote:
So assuming its taking everybody top 2% of the region, where (roughly) does that put the Diamond point cut-off


"Master league promotion criteria is the same as any other league. If the moving average of your hidden matchmaking rating stabilizes within the confines of the Master league, you will be promoted."

Just like other promotions it doesn't depend on points but hidden ranking. I was 1250 diamond but 1.3k bonus pool but I got promoted after one game... which i assume is because my MMR is high enough and i consistently played 2.5k diamond players. I'm guessing grandmasters will be point based however.


WHAT WHAT WHAT????

Ok I need 2 know how 2 get 2 masters, because im 1 # at the top of diamond with like 1380 pts, and Im nt being promoted,.. and I have been beating all or at least great most of the diamond tops players I play vs, and I also beat like half or bit lower of the master players machine puts me vs, AND sometimes I play vs grandmasters, I rarely beat those, but sometimes I do, so wtf??
So what is "1.3k bonus pool" plz explain like if i was retarded or 5, what is the MMR?? " 2.5k diamond players" whats that??

So what can I do 2 make master happen?
How do I know when its gona happen, and how do i know if its going bad?
Aight thnx 4 help in advanced, much appreciated!!
P.S. i dont know much of all the technicalities of sc2, i just mostly know how 2 game (: zerg btw
10%
sTYleZerG-eX
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico473 Posts
June 30 2011 05:03 GMT
#736
Ok hear I am:

http://sc2ranks.com/la/7842/alaskaRUS
10%
Fusionbomb
Profile Joined April 2010
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 07:08:11
June 30 2011 07:07 GMT
#737
Keep playing. Like the thread says. Seems to me that you are not playing enough masters yet to be moved up. I was in your place about a month ago, I didn't see the promotion until I was playing about 7 masters in 10 games. Just keep at it and you will move up if you truly deserve it.

Good Luck!
For Aiur!
Dance.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States389 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 07:20:17
June 30 2011 07:17 GMT
#738
On June 30 2011 13:54 sTYleZerG-eX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 09:07 stupidhydro wrote:
On January 12 2011 09:03 ExO_ wrote:
So assuming its taking everybody top 2% of the region, where (roughly) does that put the Diamond point cut-off


"Master league promotion criteria is the same as any other league. If the moving average of your hidden matchmaking rating stabilizes within the confines of the Master league, you will be promoted."

Just like other promotions it doesn't depend on points but hidden ranking. I was 1250 diamond but 1.3k bonus pool but I got promoted after one game... which i assume is because my MMR is high enough and i consistently played 2.5k diamond players. I'm guessing grandmasters will be point based however.


WHAT WHAT WHAT????

Ok I need 2 know how 2 get 2 masters, because im 1 # at the top of diamond with like 1380 pts, and Im nt being promoted,.. and I have been beating all or at least great most of the diamond tops players I play vs, and I also beat like half or bit lower of the master players machine puts me vs, AND sometimes I play vs grandmasters, I rarely beat those, but sometimes I do, so wtf??
So what is "1.3k bonus pool" plz explain like if i was retarded or 5, what is the MMR?? " 2.5k diamond players" whats that??

So what can I do 2 make master happen?
How do I know when its gona happen, and how do i know if its going bad?
Aight thnx 4 help in advanced, much appreciated!!
P.S. i dont know much of all the technicalities of sc2, i just mostly know how 2 game (: zerg btw


Wow, you are so obnoxious. Do you really have to type like an illiterate 6yr old?

Edit: i know English might not be your first language, but that's no excuse to use numbers as words and have vowel-less words.
It is what it is...
sTYleZerG-eX
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico473 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 15:38:48
June 30 2011 15:38 GMT
#739
Aight! That makes sence Fusionbomb thnx il do (:
last question that id like an answer "2" what is the MMR?? " 2.5k diamond players" whats that??

Oh an Dance, what the fuck ever man, ur comment helps in no possible way
10%
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
June 30 2011 15:40 GMT
#740
On July 01 2011 00:38 sTYleZerG-eX wrote:
Aight! That makes sence Fusionbomb thnx il do (:
last question that id like an answer "2" what is the MMR?? " 2.5k diamond players" whats that??

Oh an Dance, what the fuck ever man, ur comment helps in no possible way


Read this thread and you'll understand more clearly: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=195273
Moderator
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1461
WardiTV804
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6047
Bisu 2765
Jaedong 1112
EffOrt 623
Horang2 468
Mini 458
actioN 271
Larva 241
ggaemo 210
ZerO 178
[ Show more ]
Mind 101
Pusan 77
Sea.KH 77
Snow 69
Shinee 66
hero 63
Sharp 58
Barracks 55
Hyun 54
Bale 53
Dewaltoss 46
ToSsGirL 38
sorry 37
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 18
Trap 15
Rock 12
NaDa 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
zelot 8
Icarus 7
Noble 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4497
qojqva2013
Dendi1112
Counter-Strike
markeloff171
Other Games
olofmeister1002
hiko884
B2W.Neo639
crisheroes327
Lowko327
DeMusliM243
Pyrionflax203
XBOCT197
Livibee163
Hui .156
Liquid`VortiX139
QueenE87
Mew2King55
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV730
League of Legends
• Nemesis2306
• Jankos2018
• TFBlade579
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 6m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.