• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:25
CEST 08:25
KST 15:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7856 users

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR - Page 53

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 158 Next
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
December 04 2010 05:37 GMT
#1041
On December 04 2010 14:35 happyness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 14:33 SoylentCreep wrote:
Nerfing the Infestor is awesome!!!! Why not also nerf the ghost so emp can only hit ground units...and if we're right at it why not also nerf the high templar to only feedback ground units. Jeeez....hope this doesn't make it through.


Better yet, why not make it so storm only hits ground units?

But I seriously doubt they are going to change it. Blizz is very stubborn about their unnecessary random nerfs.

this is because any competent player with air units would take little damage from storm.... FG is unmicroable.
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
TyPsi5
Profile Joined May 2010
United States204 Posts
December 04 2010 05:39 GMT
#1042
thanks op for making this info so available
jisaeltl
Profile Joined May 2010
83 Posts
December 04 2010 05:39 GMT
#1043
where in the Starcraft II directory is the PTR? I can't find it and I meet all the criteria
adadasdsdawdads
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
December 04 2010 05:39 GMT
#1044
On December 04 2010 14:13 jdseemoreglass wrote:
I can't complain about infestors... I am top 500 in NA and I've never used an infestor once... They are a crap unit in my opinion.

Mutas? Just move your army to their base and the mutas are helpless.

Two incredibly awesome changes: SCV repair priority, no pylon blocking ramp.

But where is multi-viewer replays? Come on, this one is obvious...


Yeah I don't use infestors either. I'm not ranked as high, but I've done fine so far without them. Infestation pit is basically the new queens nest for me now.

But about the pylon blocking ramp. Does it actually mean it can't be done? I interpreted it to say that they fixed an asymmetry where a ramp facing a certain direction couldn't be blocked off totally by 2 pylons. Maybe I misread?
DoomFox
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada51 Posts
December 04 2010 05:39 GMT
#1045
• Fixed an issue where Larva could produce units by holding down hotkeys.

This is funny because I've been a zerg player since the Beta started and never knew you could train units like this. I've always just pressed each unit production key one at a time. To all the people complaining about having to press z,z,z,z,z,z,z,z,z,z 15+ times in a row during a production cycle: it's not that hard. Or at least it doesn't seem hard to me because I'm used to it, having thought that was the only way to make units :O
Rorschach
Profile Joined May 2010
United States623 Posts
December 04 2010 05:40 GMT
#1046
On December 04 2010 14:30 angryzor wrote:
can you still place a wall of forcefields by holding f and clicking?


^Anyone can confirm this with spell casters?
En Taro Adun, Executor!
Kyrth
Profile Joined July 2010
United States101 Posts
December 04 2010 05:40 GMT
#1047
As time goes on, Blizzard progressively destroys all faith I had in them. It seems like they have no idea what they are doing. I (used to be) sure that's not literally true, but the ideas they put forth are just bad. Fungal growth vs air was may have been overused in their statistical analysis (although that possibility never even crossed my mind), but that is a non issue when it's the only option available. Queens are the only t1 aa, and hydras are the only t2 aa. And neither of them can move.
Phaded
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia579 Posts
December 04 2010 05:40 GMT
#1048
On December 04 2010 14:39 Dromar wrote:


But about the pylon blocking ramp. Does it actually mean it can't be done? I interpreted it to say that they fixed an asymmetry where a ramp facing a certain direction couldn't be blocked off totally by 2 pylons. Maybe I misread?

You need 3 pylons to block the ramp fully.
Check the screenshots in the OP to see where the buildable areas have changed
I am down but I am far from over
Twitches
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada365 Posts
December 04 2010 05:41 GMT
#1049
On December 04 2010 14:29 Wfat wrote:
I play zerg (2100 diamond if someone from Blizzard is reading this) so only really two balance changes stand out - (i) fungal growth and (ii) hotkey use on larvae, but in general I think that SC2 in its current state is very balanced and am very much against Blizzard patching the game so quickly. The only thing that Blizzard needed to patch from a balance point of view was better, fairer, more competitive maps.

Regarding the two balance changes that I'm against:
(i) Something that no one mentioned from the 20 pages that I read was that fungal growth is perhaps the best ability in SC2 from a spectators and players point of view. It is a super fun ability and is amazing from a spectators point of view when a good one lands on a bunch of units e.g. mutalisks or phoenixes (similar to a 'here come the speed banes!!' moment). It is completely nonsensical to remove a great moment from the game, especially in its current balanced state.

(ii) Having hotkeys not morph larvae will directly cause medical problems for a ridiculous amount of players and I agree with many who have voiced there concerns here.



I think that was my first reaction to the "hot key bug." Thanks Blizz.. I totally want carpel tunnel.
Gravity is just a feeble plot.
TheGrimace
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States929 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 05:44:21
December 04 2010 05:42 GMT
#1050
On December 04 2010 14:27 TheGrimace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 14:26 Shifft wrote:
On December 04 2010 14:24 Almania wrote:
On December 04 2010 14:15 TheGrimace wrote:
On December 04 2010 13:30 Nexic wrote:
On December 04 2010 11:47 Zelniq wrote:
WTF ?!?!!!!?

i just saw it

"Fixed an issue where Larva could produce units by holding down hotkeys. "

blizzard you have got to be kidding me. i like how they make it seem it was a bug

this is actually retarded and seriously effects zerg in the stupidest way imaginable. christ at least in brood war 1 hotkey press while selecting 12 larvae made them all morph, now it's actually much worse than that, making mass ling is going to be ridiculous
hilariously bad change

Don't worry, Terran's "larva" got "fixed" too. You can't spam marines. I actually had the timing down pretty good to get one marine/two marine in every barracks just by holding the key down. Oh well, time to go back to the old ways.


Did they also "fix" warp gates?


You already have to click for every unit from warp gates :S

I didn't test yet, will in a few, but I asked someonee (IN CHAT CHANNELS!!) and he said you could still hold shift and spam away, so toss is safe apparently.


Ok, so a few things. It seems that any instance of keyboard repeat has been removed. The initial press is the only one that registers. This means:

Holding down the hotkey to create your worker early game no longer ensures you build the unit immediately when you can afford it.

Holding down the button to build a building while your unit travels no longer works.

Spamming units, for all races, no longer works (aside from shift spam for protoss).

Holding shift for Protoss is fine since shift queues actions. So it's Shift + Unit Hotkey and you can spam away from warpgates. Gateways are now one press = one unit.

I'm not a huge fan of this change now, I've relied on the repeat to keep my timings more crisp. I hate that they decided to change an aspect of the game my muscle memory and mind adapted to. Quite an annoying thing, I'm sure this will take a while to unlearn. I've always followed my worker with my cursor to make sure I can place the building underneath him as soon as I could afford it.
lofung
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong298 Posts
December 04 2010 05:42 GMT
#1051
clan support??
How do you counter 13 carriers? Well first of all you gave me brain cancer. -Tasteless
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
December 04 2010 05:43 GMT
#1052
On December 04 2010 13:25 justiceknight wrote:

wtf???

Did you have american SC2 client (i.e. US) ?
bokeevboke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Singapore1674 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 05:44:58
December 04 2010 05:44 GMT
#1053
still can block ramp with bunkers? bliz loves terran
Its grack
lol.Donkament
Profile Joined June 2010
Malta50 Posts
December 04 2010 05:45 GMT
#1054
big news!!! TLO back to terran
Deleted User 108965
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1096 Posts
December 04 2010 05:46 GMT
#1055
i think people are overreacting quite a lot.

1. the holding down key thing - comparing it to the warp gate thing is pretty silly. you have to click individually every time, just like we do now, same for all spells. each is an individual click

2. fungal growth thing - now you know how it feels to have to deal with muta harass as other races. you'll just have to learn to prepare for it just like other races

deep breaths people
Disciple....Top 3 control in Clarion County
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 05:55:04
December 04 2010 05:46 GMT
#1056
I really like the patch overall.

Like others, my only issue with an otherwise great patch (on it's face) is the fungal change. I don't know why they would change this in a patch they buff phoenixes. This really hurts zerg in stopping phoenix harass, makes stopping medivacs much harder and makes ZvZ muta wars (tho this isn't necc bad imo).

Imo the better change would be to just make it so fungal merely snares, rather than roots, flying units if they think it is OP.

I don't play zerg but the larva hotkey change seems completely unnecessary.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
December 04 2010 05:46 GMT
#1057
This is pretty cool... for some reason I was not expecting a PTR for sc2.

Master League and chat channels look to be the 2 best parts of this upcoming patch from what I've seen
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
December 04 2010 05:47 GMT
#1058
• Added combat reveal tinting to help show that combat reveal units cannot be hit.

• Autocast state for abilities is reset to the default state when unit ownership is permanently changed.

I'm confused. What do these two changes mean?
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
December 04 2010 05:48 GMT
#1059
Why are Z's yelling about FG in ZvT when infestors pretty much dont exist in the current meta game unless the oppenant gets mass thor so they can NP.

Chat channels feel so good, I can actully talk with people now, quite amazing.
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
omnic
Profile Joined July 2010
United States188 Posts
December 04 2010 05:49 GMT
#1060
On December 04 2010 10:58 FinestHour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 10:56 bonedriven wrote:
I think Infestor will become more useless?


How did a buff make the unit more useless? Feel free to elaborate.



FG can no longer hit air units which it could before. Its clearly a nerf.
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3335
Rain 1752
GuemChi 538
FanTaSy 438
sSak 47
Bale 33
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm153
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King233
Other Games
summit1g7717
WinterStarcraft674
KnowMe68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick689
BasetradeTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Rush1014
• Stunt477
Other Games
• Shiphtur729
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 36m
INu's Battles
4h 36m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 36m
OSC
15h 51m
Replay Cast
16h 36m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.