• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:21
CEST 06:21
KST 13:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7348 users

SCFusion - WoL, HotS & LotV Build Order Optimizer - Page 63

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 76 Next
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-17 04:06:36
June 17 2013 01:17 GMT
#1241
On June 17 2013 09:34 32 wrote:
I really like this program because it is so nice, but when I enter the generated build into sc2planner, the time went from 8:28 to 10:50. With a little optimization of gas mining, I got the time to 10:18 and I didn't notice much waste other than that, so I think the difference comes from mining rates, it would be awesome if the user could set these. Thanks for designing this, being a father sounds involved.
sc2planner
build.xml


Mining rates shouldn't account for that much difference. From the looks of this the build in sc2planner is very different. For instance, the first Refinery in SCFusion starts at 2:01, just after an SCV at that time, but in sc2planner you haven't started it until after the expansion.

Still, I recreated the build exactly as is from SCFusion and it still comes to ~11 minutes in sc2planner (compared to 9:12 in SCFusion). The issue indeed seems to be the mineral income rates (whether that's from normal mining or MULEs). I'm not sure what their formulas are though, so I can't really compare. I'll try and replicate the build at lunch and see what time I can get. FWIW, here's the exact same build as in the XML file: http://www.sc2planner.com/?v=hots#TaaaaoEaadoFaaoDaoCjcoDjcfjoAeKaajoFoPfiRoGaoIuAoQaaaaaoEfajajiKoFoKajajoEoEaoEjjoRjaaaoUfjjqjoCajjjoQuJaiBqjiBajjoLoG

Edit: I tried out the build and even with plenty of mistakes I managed to roughly follow the build order and get it under 10 mins, so I'm certain the income rates for sc2planner aren't right. I'm sure mine could do with some tweaking too, I just need enough time to accurately calculate the income rates for each mineral patch.

On June 17 2013 09:58 lilodot wrote:
Used the SCFusion_v1.13_Installer.exe and extracted to a folder on my desktop
I get an error about WinSparkle.dll missing when I try to start sc2fusion


Ah, yeah, forgot that I need to include that in the package. I'll have it sorted out for the next version. Thanks.
32
Profile Joined February 2010
United States163 Posts
June 18 2013 08:53 GMT
#1242
Oh, I was using different builds both generated from scfusion, possibly with differing requirements. My bad, I guess that's what happens when I think something is wrong and try to explain it.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
June 27 2013 07:17 GMT
#1243
SCFusion v1.14 has been released:

Enhancements:
Larvae count output in summary
Larva is now available as a target

Bug Fixes:
Fixed Blink research time
Removed Hallucination research
Nukes are now correctly completely after 60 seconds (not as a duration)
Fixed Ghost build time
behealed
Profile Joined July 2013
1 Post
July 13 2013 19:21 GMT
#1244
CarbonTwelve: Currently vipers are set to require a Spire, which is incorrect, theyshould only require a Hive. I've modified the xml file on my end to fix this, but you might wanna fix it for everyone. Great program btw, I use it every day. :-)
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 13 2013 19:47 GMT
#1245
Also, cloak ressources were changed.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Keirden
Profile Joined May 2011
17 Posts
July 15 2013 23:12 GMT
#1246
Is there any way to change the waypoints order or to add one not at the end?? It's really boring to rewrite everything everytime i add something...
MidnightZL
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden203 Posts
July 21 2013 12:09 GMT
#1247
It's a really lovely program but it takes years to compute it feels or is it only me? i know its a simulator but anyway. Would be supernice if there was a fastmode in future.
- I'm fairly certain YOLO is just Carpe Diem for stupid people - Jack Black
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
July 21 2013 23:32 GMT
#1248
On July 21 2013 21:09 MidnightZL wrote:
It's a really lovely program but it takes years to compute it feels or is it only me? i know its a simulator but anyway.


You shouldn't be waiting for the % counter to reach 100% (or >90% as it's limited to now). I usually just wait long enough for the build time to not be improving much and then go with that.

Would be supernice if there was a fastmode in future.


Lol, do you really think I'd have it compute slower than necessary? When would people ever not want it to run as fast as possible?
dimomarg
Profile Joined March 2013
Greece11 Posts
July 22 2013 07:23 GMT
#1249
Sigh, too many redditurds who think the program needs to be as dumbed down as possible.
Until OP releases the fix for the vipers, this is what you do to fix it yourselves
Open the Hots_2_0_9.xml file in your installation directory/versions with notepad, search "Build Viper" and change the <Buildingrequirement> from Spire to Hive.

[image loading]

Also I think some optimization, if possible is in order
Spatial Tactics. -Albert "Whitera" Einstein
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-22 23:13:34
July 22 2013 23:05 GMT
#1250
On July 22 2013 16:23 dimomarg wrote:
Also I think some optimization, if possible is in order


Believe me, I've always been optimising it as much as possible. It lost a bit of performance when I switched from everything being hardcoded to now being dynamically loaded from XML (due to the generic design for the commands), but I think the gains were well worth it, with the above fix for the Viper requirements being a perfect example. I should have a release out with that and a couple of smaller things this week.

On July 16 2013 08:12 Keirden wrote:
Is there any way to change the waypoints order or to add one not at the end?? It's really boring to rewrite everything everytime i add something...


Forgot to reply to this, sorry. Atm there's no way to do it, but I was thinking I'll add the ability to right click off a waypoint and clone it, or just insert a blank one.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
July 26 2013 07:05 GMT
#1251
I have just released v1.15:

Enhancements:
Updated HotS version to 2.0.9 BU.

Bug Fixes:
Viper now requires Hive instead of Spire.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 02:12:39
July 29 2013 22:09 GMT
#1252
Not sure how significant this news is, but I've finally organised releasing the source code. It's now on GitHub, and I will be posting the downloads to SourceForge from now on (as GoogleCode is deprecating their downloads section). The GoogleCode page will remain for a little while at least, but I will likely disable creating new issues there and will move existing ones over to GitHub.

This is the first time I've created a project on GitHub, so if I've screwed anything up please let me know. The code is based on wxWidgets 2.9.4, and there are VisualStudio projects for VS 2010 and VS 2012 (although the VS 2012 one might be out of date as I just use the 2010 version atm).
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
August 01 2013 13:29 GMT
#1253
Current build doesn't allow vikings to be built without an addon.
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-02 08:16:45
August 02 2013 08:04 GMT
#1254
On August 01 2013 22:29 Willzzz wrote:
Current build doesn't allow vikings to be built without an addon.


Thanks, I'll have it fixed for the next version. If you want to fix it yourself search for "Build Viking From Naked Starport" in the HotS XML file and remove the line after it "<AvailableToGeneticAlgorithm>False</AvailableToGeneticAlgorithm>".
Phrencys
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada270 Posts
August 05 2013 15:30 GMT
#1255
First, @CarbonTwelve I have to thank you for this awesome application. Been spending as much time messing with it than actually playing the game.

Now I don't know if this has been reported yet, but I've been experiencing issues with injecting Lair/Hives that are "Under Construction". The app always wait for Lair completion to resume the injection cycle on it.

Again, thanks a lot for making and maintaining this!
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
August 06 2013 07:59 GMT
#1256
On August 06 2013 00:30 Phrencys wrote:
Now I don't know if this has been reported yet, but I've been experiencing issues with injecting Lair/Hives that are "Under Construction". The app always wait for Lair completion to resume the injection cycle on it.


Hmm, I think I know the issue, but not really sure how I can easily fix it :/ Basically for an upgrade of a building (or unit for that matter) the algorithm removes it from the list of the building it came from, then when the upgrade completes it's added to the list for the new building type. So for that duration, it basically doesn't exist... One of the reasons for this is to prevent it from trying to upgrade a building twice.

I guess I'll have to work around leaving it as the old type and only changing it when it completes the upgrade. I have a feeling I'll break something some other issue I've forgotten about when I do that, but I can't see any other way around allowing injects during an upgrade...
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
August 06 2013 08:10 GMT
#1257
Incidentally, in other news I managed to get PayPal Australia to lift the restriction on my PayPal account, however I still can't use a donate button (they consider that a Donate button means you must be a charity, and must prove that status). I'm not really interested in fighting with them any further about it.

Basically if anyone wants to donate they can send money to CarbonTwelve.Developer@gmail.com, I just can't make it easier for you with a Donate button
Incand
Profile Joined November 2012
143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 04:22:07
September 23 2013 04:15 GMT
#1258
How does the in construction option work? does it count units/buildings thats already produced?
Say i would want 10 zerglings at one point in time that is either building or already completed but i don't care if theyre already done or not. how would i go about it? I can get around the problem by setting a later waypoint but the underconstruction option seem to imply there's a way and having waypoints covering more events makes it a bit easier to use. (say 10 lings done or starting at the same point i start speed)

Would it also be possible to set it to maximise a certain resource instead of minimising the time? Say I want the building giving me the maximum number of drones at 6 min while still satisfying some other requirement.

Also like to thank you for this awesome program. I downloaded it at first when I just started out with sc2 and played around with it a little and didn't use it for a long time but now I'm back to trying out some buildorders again
CarbonTwelve
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia525 Posts
September 23 2013 23:15 GMT
#1259
On September 23 2013 13:15 Incand wrote:
How does the in construction option work? does it count units/buildings thats already produced?


No, it does not include units/buildings that are already complete.

Say i would want 10 zerglings at one point in time that is either building or already completed but i don't care if theyre already done or not. how would i go about it? I can get around the problem by setting a later waypoint


That's the only way to do what you want.

but the underconstruction option seem to imply there's a way and having waypoints covering more events makes it a bit easier to use. (say 10 lings done or starting at the same point i start speed)


The 'under construction' option is purely for the purpose of making sure things are under construction at that time. It can also be used as a restriction to make sure things are not under construction (eg, limit the number of bases and prevent them from being under construction until a certain time).

Would it also be possible to set it to maximise a certain resource instead of minimising the time? Say I want the building giving me the maximum number of drones at 6 min while still satisfying some other requirement.


If you set a minimum time of 6 minutes with a minimum number of drones of say 1 (with no maximum or a very high maximum) then it will try to get as many drones as possible at the 6 minute mark.
KillerofGods
Profile Joined September 2012
United States34 Posts
October 03 2013 01:23 GMT
#1260
Does this take into account that a scv can't be mining while building a building? I'm just asking because with all the worker starts mining minerals and most of them shortly after starting production of a building I just wanted to make sure.
"insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16715
Rain 1416
GuemChi 653
sSak 46
Bale 23
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
League of Legends
JimRising 557
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1133
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1068
Mew2King89
Other Games
summit1g7892
WinterStarcraft584
C9.Mang0184
ViBE86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 30
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota252
League of Legends
• Lourlo1126
• Rush567
• Stunt333
Other Games
• Scarra912
• Shiphtur730
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 40m
INu's Battles
6h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 40m
OSC
17h 55m
Replay Cast
18h 40m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.