• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:17
CEST 00:17
KST 07:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5931 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
brimur
Profile Joined July 2010
Ireland6 Posts
September 16 2010 10:54 GMT
#101
Hey guys, newbie here but just wanted to say love the site and loving the GSL at the mo! Hope I dont offend anyone but after watching so many commentaries I felt the need to share this. Makes me laugh everytime I hear him say it!

[image loading]


I'm much cooler in the mirror universe
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
September 16 2010 12:41 GMT
#102
I don't know where else to post this so this topic seemed like a good idea... do you guys think a rage thread dedicated to rageposts would be a good idea? A place where you can just vent about how fucking no skill X strat is and how everyone who plays Y should kill themselves and only Z is the truly skilled race (hehe).

Every time I get done laddering and visit TL I feel like posting, but because I am bad I have nothing to contribute! Thoughts on this idea, anyone? Or does it already exist somewhere... a ranting thread.
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
September 16 2010 17:33 GMT
#103
it could be fun, even more with idra :D
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
September 16 2010 17:45 GMT
#104
Just a random question for someone who has been out of the scene for a while. Is testie known to be playing sc2? I'd almost guarantee he is (even if he says he isn't), but I know he quit BW for a bit, so I was just curious.

He always seemed like a player who liked anonymity, though.
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
September 16 2010 18:26 GMT
#105
On September 17 2010 02:45 -_- wrote:
Just a random question for someone who has been out of the scene for a while. Is testie known to be playing sc2? I'd almost guarantee he is (even if he says he isn't), but I know he quit BW for a bit, so I was just curious.

He always seemed like a player who liked anonymity, though.


He recently quit HON and gaming in general due to personal issues.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
September 16 2010 22:33 GMT
#106
On September 16 2010 09:06 Doughboy wrote:
So like I don't even know why I still play zerg on 1v1 ladder when they haven't released balance patch yet. Zerg sucks really hard.


I've started only playing Zerg when I feel like really really good and confident and in the perfect mindset, any other time I go with Protoss because I'll just lose over and over with Zerg because of mental mistakes, P is a lot more forgiving.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
September 17 2010 00:26 GMT
#107
On September 17 2010 07:33 ZapRoffo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2010 09:06 Doughboy wrote:
So like I don't even know why I still play zerg on 1v1 ladder when they haven't released balance patch yet. Zerg sucks really hard.


I've started only playing Zerg when I feel like really really good and confident and in the perfect mindset, any other time I go with Protoss because I'll just lose over and over with Zerg because of mental mistakes, P is a lot more forgiving.


I've tried this, but P just doesn't go with my style. I feel confined and limited when not playing zerg.
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
Mr_Kzimir
Profile Joined August 2010
France268 Posts
September 17 2010 13:07 GMT
#108
On September 16 2010 21:41 Vei wrote:
I don't know where else to post this so this topic seemed like a good idea... do you guys think a rage thread dedicated to rageposts would be a good idea? A place where you can just vent about how fucking no skill X strat is and how everyone who plays Y should kill themselves and only Z is the truly skilled race (hehe).

Every time I get done laddering and visit TL I feel like posting, but because I am bad I have nothing to contribute! Thoughts on this idea, anyone? Or does it already exist somewhere... a ranting thread.


A rage thread in the spirit of angry bob's one on dota forum (aka paint rage) would be pretty fun to read actually
"Infantry , it's all about it"
Messias
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark4 Posts
September 17 2010 17:03 GMT
#109
On September 16 2010 06:21 theqat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2010 17:54 Messias wrote:
Hey.

I was wondering what unit is best to tank compared to price, unitproduction and dmg.

Is it best to let the Battlecruiser tank compared to Mass Vikings/Mutas?
Yea the BC got a lot of HP, but it takes a lot of time to produce and very expensive. Didnt knew if my question was a topic worthy..


BCs get a lot of HP/second from SCV repairs, so if you're repairing, it's best to let them tank



Ty. But what if u dont get scv's to repair?
Sorry 4 Skillz
XDSub
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3 Posts
September 17 2010 18:26 GMT
#110
[H][Q] Preparing For CONUS Play While in Afghanistan

So obviously if I am in Afghanistan I am also on a satellite internet connection. (I.e. 1000-1400ms Ping) I can play on Battle.Net but the lag as you might anticipate is horrendous. So my question is:

What type of things would you do to prepare if you had this sort of connection?

I am currently using YABOT to practice builds/timings etc. I also have been laddering regardless of the lag and doing well considering the hinderance, but micro is nigh impossible.

I'd would also be interested to hear if you think playing with said lag could turn out to be a good training tool for when I get home. (analogy: Runners training at high altitudes so when the compete at sea level there body is accustomed to having less oxygen available, a bit of a stretch =D )

What other tools/exercises would you incorporate? Would you continue laddering or do you think it will have some negative effect?

Thanks for the input.
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
September 17 2010 18:31 GMT
#111
On September 18 2010 03:26 XDSub wrote:
[H][Q] Preparing For CONUS Play While in Afghanistan

So obviously if I am in Afghanistan I am also on a satellite internet connection. (I.e. 1000-1400ms Ping) I can play on Battle.Net but the lag as you might anticipate is horrendous. So my question is:

What type of things would you do to prepare if you had this sort of connection?

I am currently using YABOT to practice builds/timings etc. I also have been laddering regardless of the lag and doing well considering the hinderance, but micro is nigh impossible.

I'd would also be interested to hear if you think playing with said lag could turn out to be a good training tool for when I get home. (analogy: Runners training at high altitudes so when the compete at sea level there body is accustomed to having less oxygen available, a bit of a stretch =D )

What other tools/exercises would you incorporate? Would you continue laddering or do you think it will have some negative effect?

Thanks for the input.


Depending on how long you're staying there. If you leave in a week then I would just drop sc2 for a week, however if you're staying for a while you might as well practice. As for the micro problem, I say just forget micro all together. Depending on which rank you are you can just forget micro and try to win with pure macro. This will accomplish 3 things:

1) your macro will be great
2) it will save you a lot of frustration
3) when you get back to normal lag macro will be easy since you mastered that, so you can focuss more on micro.

Good luck.
We know nothing.
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-17 18:35:17
September 17 2010 18:33 GMT
#112
On September 18 2010 03:26 XDSub wrote:
[H][Q] Preparing For CONUS Play While in Afghanistan

So obviously if I am in Afghanistan I am also on a satellite internet connection. (I.e. 1000-1400ms Ping) I can play on Battle.Net but the lag as you might anticipate is horrendous. So my question is:

What type of things would you do to prepare if you had this sort of connection?

I am currently using YABOT to practice builds/timings etc. I also have been laddering regardless of the lag and doing well considering the hinderance, but micro is nigh impossible.

I'd would also be interested to hear if you think playing with said lag could turn out to be a good training tool for when I get home. (analogy: Runners training at high altitudes so when the compete at sea level there body is accustomed to having less oxygen available, a bit of a stretch =D )

What other tools/exercises would you incorporate? Would you continue laddering or do you think it will have some negative effect?

Thanks for the input.


I don't know if it works in your area but TLO and others have used Battle Ping to help manage bad latency.
I don't know your income but another option is to get a second account that you use for training while in this situation so as not affect you primary's record.
Not sure about how the lag would affect training, Huk learned a lot of great early game skills because he originally had a comp that died if the game went on too long. This might be a little different since the delay would throw off micro. It might help though for you to improve your macro, using it to compensate for having to pretty much A move your army.

Hope this helps


EDIT: Ninja'd by Amestir and he put it more succinctly than I did.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Seide
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States831 Posts
September 17 2010 18:35 GMT
#113
On September 18 2010 03:26 XDSub wrote:
[H][Q] Preparing For CONUS Play While in Afghanistan

So obviously if I am in Afghanistan I am also on a satellite internet connection. (I.e. 1000-1400ms Ping) I can play on Battle.Net but the lag as you might anticipate is horrendous. So my question is:

What type of things would you do to prepare if you had this sort of connection?

I am currently using YABOT to practice builds/timings etc. I also have been laddering regardless of the lag and doing well considering the hinderance, but micro is nigh impossible.

I'd would also be interested to hear if you think playing with said lag could turn out to be a good training tool for when I get home. (analogy: Runners training at high altitudes so when the compete at sea level there body is accustomed to having less oxygen available, a bit of a stretch =D )

What other tools/exercises would you incorporate? Would you continue laddering or do you think it will have some negative effect?

Thanks for the input.

YABOT is great, take the time to practice basic mechanics, macro and such.
Working on mouse precision and speed is good as well. Once you are comfortable with hotkeys, stop using then and use the mouse only for a bit to build precision.
Watching replays nad VoDs is a good time investment as it can show you insight into some of the current state of the game.
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.
XDSub
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3 Posts
September 17 2010 20:40 GMT
#114
Thank you to all for the useful information. As for Battleping it really couldn't improve my situation that much, I am the ISP for our unit here and the problem lies in Txing to the spacecraft and reTXing back to the base station in Atlanta. I suppose it could help get my traffic expedited once it gets on that side of the world. But I doubt it could help much, especially thinking of the 100 or so users trying to surf pr0n while I am trying to play =D

Good points on the macro game, I was expecting that somewhat, you hit the nail on the head when you said, "having to pretty much A move your army." Lol QFT. I have about 2 months left in country, been here for almost a year now and SC2 came just in time for me to have something to work at and make the time pass.

@Seide Thanks for the tip about not using hotkeys, never thought of that. Will do. I would say mouse precision is def. a weakness, I am a hotkey fanatic.

If anyone else thinks up anything good let me know.

XD
Devolved
Profile Joined April 2008
United States2753 Posts
September 17 2010 22:49 GMT
#115
On September 09 2010 16:16 Devolved wrote:


How do you disable the menu buttons so you don't accidentally hit them during the game when selecting stuff?

Anyone?
$♥$
Dannyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4 Posts
September 18 2010 10:26 GMT
#116
Stolen from another board, a friend played a "maphacker", I thought it was interesting, watch the replay at 8x speed and do a camera lock on the terran player.

He left his camera locked on his bases the whole game.
While he was microing reapers in my base
He never scouted/scanned.
Yet he countered my colossi with vikings.
After he got my main base, he didnt attack my expo because my army was too big.
As soon as i started my observer, he started his started his starport.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/82883-1v1-terran-protoss-desert-oasis

im the protoss.
hes the terran
♥
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
September 18 2010 13:01 GMT
#117
SC2 can affect absent-minded people playing BW (*cough*), into optimizing a hydra-based build, while consistently putting lair before den. Hehe, way to forget BW den doesn't need lair.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
September 18 2010 17:18 GMT
#118
i was wondering about this since day 1 of release,its a noob Q anyway

Why air units can attack collosus but not thor and maybe ultralisk??
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-18 17:31:07
September 18 2010 17:29 GMT
#119
On September 19 2010 02:18 justiceknight wrote:
i was wondering about this since day 1 of release,its a noob Q anyway

Why air units can attack collosus but not thor and maybe ultralisk??


Cause the Colossus is really tall

On September 09 2010 16:16 Devolved wrote:
How do you disable the menu buttons so you don't accidentally hit them during the game when selecting stuff?


I'd like to know this too. I lost to a 4 Warpgate because of this X_X
Ndugu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1078 Posts
September 18 2010 20:05 GMT
#120
Does graviton beam cancel a neural parasite?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 110
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 167
firebathero 91
910 42
NaDa 25
Artosis 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm96
monkeys_forever45
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0199
PPMD46
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9302
Liquid`Hasu1627
Trikslyr81
Other Games
summit1g7909
Liquid`RaSZi3887
shahzam512
JimRising 264
B2W.Neo185
Pyrionflax180
ArmadaUGS96
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream304
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1212
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur197
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.