• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:55
CEST 04:55
KST 11:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6672 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
September 20 2010 16:47 GMT
#141
I have a question about hallucination.

I know detection shows hallucinations in a different color so its obvious the unit is hallucinated. However, once shown a hallucination, if you engage in to a battle are non-hallucinated units auto-targetted? Or do hallucinated units still tank damage as if they were a regular unit unless manually targetted.
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
September 20 2010 19:59 GMT
#142
This may sound rather stupid but can you somehow try hacks just vs. the AI? I'm curious as to the ahcks that are currently out and I would like to see what is possible and what is not; partly just to settle my curiosity, partly to know 'what I'm up against' when I face a hacker.

Needless to say, I would never hack vs. another real player, as I have a very strong stance that it's beyond pathetic and something 12 year olds do to feel good about their abilities ._.

But yea, can you try it vs. AI without risk of getting banned?
Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7077 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 20:20:54
September 20 2010 20:17 GMT
#143
On September 21 2010 04:59 Jenslyn87 wrote:
This may sound rather stupid but can you somehow try hacks just vs. the AI? I'm curious as to the ahcks that are currently out and I would like to see what is possible and what is not; partly just to settle my curiosity, partly to know 'what I'm up against' when I face a hacker.

Needless to say, I would never hack vs. another real player, as I have a very strong stance that it's beyond pathetic and something 12 year olds do to feel good about their abilities ._.

But yea, can you try it vs. AI without risk of getting banned?

Unplug your internet connection and play as guest. I am not fully aware of what kind of techniques Blizzard has in their anti-hacking arsenal but this is probably as safe as you can get. Just make sure you turn off the hacks before logging in to battle.net or Warden will probably snap your account in half.

Alternatively you could try creating custom maps that emulate the hacking experience if you want to be absolutely sure there will be no consequences, but I guess this wouldn't be ideal if you're looking to find out what is possible and what is not in ladder games.
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
September 20 2010 23:49 GMT
#144
Hmm guess that's the best way to go about it, yes! Still, after giving it a bit more thought, I don't think I dare... I have no clue how they detect h4xx, and it would suck so bad losing your account because you just wanted to see what it's all about :/

But thanks
Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
Devolved
Profile Joined April 2008
United States2753 Posts
September 21 2010 02:57 GMT
#145
Does snipe work on High Templars?
$♥$
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
September 21 2010 03:39 GMT
#146
On September 21 2010 08:49 Jenslyn87 wrote:
Hmm guess that's the best way to go about it, yes! Still, after giving it a bit more thought, I don't think I dare... I have no clue how they detect h4xx, and it would suck so bad losing your account because you just wanted to see what it's all about :/

But thanks

Probably using one of those offline launchers that will have you use a blank account is your best bet
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Tossup
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States208 Posts
September 21 2010 03:42 GMT
#147
Where do i send day9's funday monday replays?
KoMiDy
Profile Joined September 2010
Japan2 Posts
September 21 2010 09:14 GMT
#148
hello, recently got to japan. playing on the US version of sc2. if you wanna do some 2v2++ lemme know.

character name/code komidy/149
Croz
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium17 Posts
September 21 2010 10:20 GMT
#149
On September 21 2010 01:47 Iamsmart wrote:
I have a question about hallucination.

I know detection shows hallucinations in a different color so its obvious the unit is hallucinated. However, once shown a hallucination, if you engage in to a battle are non-hallucinated units auto-targetted? Or do hallucinated units still tank damage as if they were a regular unit unless manually targetted.

From liquipedia:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Hallucination
If exposed by detection, hallucinated units will have a lower AI attack priority only getting attacked once all real units are dead.

NullChar
Profile Joined September 2010
United States12 Posts
September 21 2010 18:06 GMT
#150
This is an idea I had a while back and I think it would be pretty cool, Dont know how well it would imbalance the game though, but currently I think zerg suffers alot from AOE damage due to hydralisk being extremely slow off the creep and tanks, doing quite a bit a damage although the nerf should help however, I still think it would be cool if fungle growth worked two ways, in that such if you cast it on your own units it heals them for the same amount of damage it does over time any thoughts? obviously the movement impairing abilities would obviously still be in effect
Croz
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium17 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-22 07:51:57
September 22 2010 07:28 GMT
#151
On September 21 2010 11:57 Devolved wrote:
Does snipe work on High Templars?


Ghost - Snipe
The Ghost snipes a single, biological target. This ability can be queued for multiple instant snipes.

High Templar
Biological, Light, Psionic
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
September 22 2010 08:56 GMT
#152
Hi everyone. I just finished the first three challenges Tactical Command, Path of Ascension and For the Swarm and finish with under 10 deaths on each but my Achievement progress still shows 0/27. Is this because I play in offline mode and will it be updated later or is it something I'm misunderstanding? When exactly do you get the bronze/silver or gold reward? Thanks.
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
September 22 2010 19:30 GMT
#153
On September 22 2010 17:56 gruff wrote:
Hi everyone. I just finished the first three challenges Tactical Command, Path of Ascension and For the Swarm and finish with under 10 deaths on each but my Achievement progress still shows 0/27. Is this because I play in offline mode and will it be updated later or is it something I'm misunderstanding? When exactly do you get the bronze/silver or gold reward? Thanks.


You cant get any achievements when offline. You need to be connected to bnet to get credit. You get the bronze/gold/silver for killing extra units/doing it faster/losing less units depending on which challenge you are doing, I remember them being stated pretty clearly
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
tedster
Profile Joined May 2009
984 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-22 22:14:50
September 22 2010 22:14 GMT
#154
How long before they make defense not totally suck (for anyone but Terran)???

No seriously this is so stupid and makes the game less than fun
the last wcs commissioner
Voracity
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1 Post
September 23 2010 02:26 GMT
#155
i got a awseom replay of me vs'ing a platnum player... really good match just wondering if anyone would like to do a commentary of it?
you only live once, but once is enough, if you do it right
Supadave
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia5 Posts
September 23 2010 08:07 GMT
#156
Man, i just did my placement matches for moving into the NA league, and by chance, basically, i've been put into Gold league, when i probably would only just manage in silver. What do i do?
Chicodog
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark154 Posts
September 23 2010 08:16 GMT
#157
On September 23 2010 11:26 Voracity wrote:
i got a awseom replay of me vs'ing a platnum player... really good match just wondering if anyone would like to do a commentary of it?


LOOOOOOOOL!!!
drooL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2108 Posts
September 23 2010 12:12 GMT
#158
are you guys getting dropped all the time as well? its just annoying as hell. can't ladder because i'll lose points for nothing; can't even finish custom games either. bnet 0.2 gogogo
@nowSimon
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
September 23 2010 18:19 GMT
#159
On September 23 2010 17:07 Supadave wrote:
Man, i just did my placement matches for moving into the NA league, and by chance, basically, i've been put into Gold league, when i probably would only just manage in silver. What do i do?


Play more, it will put you where you belong, and that very well might be gold.
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
September 24 2010 03:05 GMT
#160
just moved to NA and well there goes my kerrigan avatar.Just tried to cheat by moving my SEA campaign files to NA account but failed and gives me some sort of warning messages like this.

"if you wish to load this file,you have to load the PREVIOUS Version"

So i clicked and nothing happened, just wont load my saved files T_T


I wonder if any in NA server players would upload their BRUTAL campaign files with all the missions played,i dont think i gonna play brutal again T_T
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2470
NotJumperer 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever858
NeuroSwarm219
Other Games
summit1g5637
Coldzera 773
Day[9].tv722
JimRising 669
C9.Mang0402
PiGStarcraft266
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick991
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream350
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo237
Other Games
• Day9tv722
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 6m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.