• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7734 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 1093

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 2731 Next
poundcakes
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway239 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 22:20:02
May 19 2011 21:57 GMT
#21841
People harping about people having shitty attitudes won't change the assholes of the community, I feel like setting the example (not so much SotG members since they already do this as the general public of basically decent people) of being nice and appreciative of things like what Kellymilkies does and has done and letting the voice of justified criticism come second so that we may improve as a whole will be far more instrumental in quelling the hordes of negative morons than any complaints, even on something as public as SotG, could ever be.
The cur foretells the knell of parting day; The loafing herd winds slowly o'er the lea; The wise man homeward plods; I only stay to fiddle-faddle in a minor key.
Ballack
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway821 Posts
May 19 2011 21:59 GMT
#21842
On May 20 2011 06:26 gregnog wrote:
I think your taking Kellys criticism way too far. That interview did little to help the Gaming community, and instead painted us as raging psycho nerds or even an unsalvageable community.

When a community overwhelmingly dissaproves of your content, then you just go strip naked for a magazine and then call them psycho nerds what kind of response do you think you will get? While at the same time doing nothing for that community in said interview. I dunno, I just don't see why your all defending her. She obviously dose not care about the quality of her product/content, and would much rather just get naked and laugh at people who offer valid criticism.

"I didn't know I had an accent"


I am on the fence whether or not I should bother to even respond to you, but here we go.

If you look through that thread you found an incredible amount of hate towards a girl who in the interview you say "did little to help the gaming community and painted you as raging pshycho nerds" said "Most guys are nice". She didn't need to say that most people were nice. When you recieve death threats, obscure hate and vile sexism for commentating a league to the best of your ability, then there is something wrong. Especially since this hate got popularized and the norm on this very said forum. I didn't like her commentating, thats one thing. Another thing is to write hatemail and go after her with personal attacks.

She didnt really put the community in the worst of light. But I wouldn't really mind if she did. The community was fucking awful to her and the smart people either supporting her work or giving her constructive critizicm was outnumbered by a mob of disgusting thugs.

I am not a supporter of her work, but that doesn't mean I look down on her as a person. And your sexism slips through at the end of your post. How does she not care about the quality of her content? If you are offended that she took the offer that they probably approached her with you are beyond ignorant.
Just when I thought I was out, Blizz pulled me back in..
LagT_T
Profile Joined March 2010
Argentina535 Posts
May 19 2011 22:22 GMT
#21843
I rofl everytime anyone equalizes any internet message to a death threat.
"The tactics... no. Amateurs discuss tactics, professional soldiers study logistics." - Tom Clancy, Red Storm Rising
kmh
Profile Joined November 2010
Finland351 Posts
May 19 2011 22:31 GMT
#21844
On May 20 2011 07:22 LagT_T wrote:
I rofl everytime anyone equalizes any internet message to a death threat.


What makes you think it was an internet message?
LagT_T
Profile Joined March 2010
Argentina535 Posts
May 19 2011 22:32 GMT
#21845
On May 20 2011 07:31 kmh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 07:22 LagT_T wrote:
I rofl everytime anyone equalizes any internet message to a death threat.


What makes you think it was an internet message?


What makes you think it wasn't?
"The tactics... no. Amateurs discuss tactics, professional soldiers study logistics." - Tom Clancy, Red Storm Rising
Atrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30 Posts
May 19 2011 22:39 GMT
#21846
Most of the negative community stems from immaturity and the younger population. The game has been out for a year and I feel like as time goes on the immature crowd will move on as the game is no longer new and shiny. Eventually the people that make this community so great are the ones that will be here for the long run. My 2 cents.
Stay thirsty my friends
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
May 20 2011 00:35 GMT
#21847
On May 20 2011 06:59 Ballack wrote:
When you recieve death threats, obscure hate and vile sexism for commentating a league to the best of your ability, then there is something wrong. Especially since this hate got popularized and the norm on this very said forum.


Most of the people who posted blatant hate comments were warned and/or banned outright, though. While I do feel some of the warnings should have been bans and that some of the posts that didn't get warned should have been myself, there's little else that "this site" can or should do.

Her popularity and image in the community also depends on her. Can you imagine Sean getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's just because she's female, can you imagine Anna getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's because she's a female commentator, Eleine or Soe? Or Khaldor because of the accent? That list literally covers every single reason people claim Kelly is "hated" for - but strangely enough, other people are not (quite the opposite actually).

Trying to shove guilt on the whole of TL and Starcraft community and implying that there's something fundamentally wrong here because one person is so widely disliked or that there's this horde of racist, sexist lunatics lurking and waiting for somebody to hate on is clearly misleading and dead wrong.

Controversy never helped anyone, and this article is clearly controversial in more ways than one. Everyone who avoids controversy is almost universally liked and respected on TL, regardless of gender or race. Seems like a pretty good guideline to follow to me.
AxelTVx
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada916 Posts
May 20 2011 00:39 GMT
#21848
On May 19 2011 08:52 Korlinni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 08:45 zull wrote:
incontrol taking a cheap shot at desrow is not very professional. He said people need to be more mature for esports to grow, maybe he should change his behavior first...


It's quite obvious incontrol is still bitter at desRow for that youtube vid.


What video is this?
Axel 145 Masters Protoss
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
May 20 2011 00:48 GMT
#21849
On May 20 2011 07:32 LagT_T wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 07:31 kmh wrote:
On May 20 2011 07:22 LagT_T wrote:
I rofl everytime anyone equalizes any internet message to a death threat.


What makes you think it was an internet message?


What makes you think it wasn't?



If it's an internet message that says "I'm going to kill you" it basically can be consiedered a death threat, or not?
It's highly unlikely it's going to happen, but a death threat none the less
Kevmeister @ Dota2
CursedRich
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom737 Posts
May 20 2011 00:48 GMT
#21850
On May 20 2011 09:35 Talin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:59 Ballack wrote:
When you recieve death threats, obscure hate and vile sexism for commentating a league to the best of your ability, then there is something wrong. Especially since this hate got popularized and the norm on this very said forum.


Most of the people who posted blatant hate comments were warned and/or banned outright, though. While I do feel some of the warnings should have been bans and that some of the posts that didn't get warned should have been myself, there's little else that "this site" can or should do.

Her popularity and image in the community also depends on her. Can you imagine Sean getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's just because she's female, can you imagine Anna getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's because she's a female commentator, Eleine or Soe? Or Khaldor because of the accent? That list literally covers every single reason people claim Kelly is "hated" for - but strangely enough, other people are not (quite the opposite actually).

Trying to shove guilt on the whole of TL and Starcraft community and implying that there's something fundamentally wrong here because one person is so widely disliked or that there's this horde of racist, sexist lunatics lurking and waiting for somebody to hate on is clearly misleading and dead wrong.

Controversy never helped anyone, and this article is clearly controversial in more ways than one. Everyone who avoids controversy is almost universally liked and respected on TL, regardless of gender or race. Seems like a pretty good guideline to follow to me.


What exactly does Anna do for the community? And do Incontrol and Idra avoid controversy? Ive nothing against any of them but you cant see youre arse from the trees
Chill Winston......
LagT_T
Profile Joined March 2010
Argentina535 Posts
May 20 2011 01:23 GMT
#21851
On May 20 2011 09:48 CursedRich wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 09:35 Talin wrote:
On May 20 2011 06:59 Ballack wrote:
When you recieve death threats, obscure hate and vile sexism for commentating a league to the best of your ability, then there is something wrong. Especially since this hate got popularized and the norm on this very said forum.


Most of the people who posted blatant hate comments were warned and/or banned outright, though. While I do feel some of the warnings should have been bans and that some of the posts that didn't get warned should have been myself, there's little else that "this site" can or should do.

Her popularity and image in the community also depends on her. Can you imagine Sean getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's just because she's female, can you imagine Anna getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's because she's a female commentator, Eleine or Soe? Or Khaldor because of the accent? That list literally covers every single reason people claim Kelly is "hated" for - but strangely enough, other people are not (quite the opposite actually).

Trying to shove guilt on the whole of TL and Starcraft community and implying that there's something fundamentally wrong here because one person is so widely disliked or that there's this horde of racist, sexist lunatics lurking and waiting for somebody to hate on is clearly misleading and dead wrong.

Controversy never helped anyone, and this article is clearly controversial in more ways than one. Everyone who avoids controversy is almost universally liked and respected on TL, regardless of gender or race. Seems like a pretty good guideline to follow to me.


What exactly does Anna do for the community? And do Incontrol and Idra avoid controversy? Ive nothing against any of them but you cant see youre arse from the trees


Anna has this: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=103415
Also the interviews for TL.net @ MLG, and she seems to be always willing to do more. She also stated that once Miss USA is over she'll dedicate more time to esports.
Regarding your Incontrol and Idra question, he said that those who avoid controversy are liked. That means that those who don't are either liked, disliked or ignored. See the difference?
"The tactics... no. Amateurs discuss tactics, professional soldiers study logistics." - Tom Clancy, Red Storm Rising
karpo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1998 Posts
May 20 2011 06:47 GMT
#21852
I think alot of people see the stereotype "Girl gamer" when they look att Kelly. The attention seeking girl gamer attitude coupled with the accent and shrieking is what most people dislike. Not saying she deserves the hate, but some critique may be valid (the casting part).
gregnog
Profile Joined December 2010
United States289 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 07:39:04
May 20 2011 07:37 GMT
#21853
On May 20 2011 06:59 Ballack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:26 gregnog wrote:
I think your taking Kellys criticism way too far. That interview did little to help the Gaming community, and instead painted us as raging psycho nerds or even an unsalvageable community.

When a community overwhelmingly dissaproves of your content, then you just go strip naked for a magazine and then call them psycho nerds what kind of response do you think you will get? While at the same time doing nothing for that community in said interview. I dunno, I just don't see why your all defending her. She obviously dose not care about the quality of her product/content, and would much rather just get naked and laugh at people who offer valid criticism.

"I didn't know I had an accent"


I am on the fence whether or not I should bother to even respond to you, but here we go.

If you look through that thread you found an incredible amount of hate towards a girl who in the interview you say "did little to help the gaming community and painted you as raging pshycho nerds" said "Most guys are nice". She didn't need to say that most people were nice. When you recieve death threats, obscure hate and vile sexism for commentating a league to the best of your ability, then there is something wrong. Especially since this hate got popularized and the norm on this very said forum. I didn't like her commentating, thats one thing. Another thing is to write hatemail and go after her with personal attacks.

She didnt really put the community in the worst of light. But I wouldn't really mind if she did. The community was fucking awful to her and the smart people either supporting her work or giving her constructive critizicm was outnumbered by a mob of disgusting thugs.

I am not a supporter of her work, but that doesn't mean I look down on her as a person. And your sexism slips through at the end of your post. How does she not care about the quality of her content? If you are offended that she took the offer that they probably approached her with you are beyond ignorant.


Of course she has the right to take any job offer. Every fan also has the right to voice an opinion on what she brings to the table. Normally in the real world when nobody enjoys your product, you get replaced. But if you are a semi attractive female who loves to play the martyr, you are given an opportunity to further your career by getting naked? Its just a funny issue to me.

On May 20 2011 07:22 LagT_T wrote:
I rofl everytime anyone equalizes any internet message to a death threat.


This. I think its funny how internet criticism can bring out the white knight in so many people when its directed towards a female. Its bullshit internet trolling, get over it.
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
May 20 2011 11:25 GMT
#21854
On May 20 2011 16:37 gregnog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 06:59 Ballack wrote:
On May 20 2011 06:26 gregnog wrote:
I think your taking Kellys criticism way too far. That interview did little to help the Gaming community, and instead painted us as raging psycho nerds or even an unsalvageable community.

When a community overwhelmingly dissaproves of your content, then you just go strip naked for a magazine and then call them psycho nerds what kind of response do you think you will get? While at the same time doing nothing for that community in said interview. I dunno, I just don't see why your all defending her. She obviously dose not care about the quality of her product/content, and would much rather just get naked and laugh at people who offer valid criticism.

"I didn't know I had an accent"


I am on the fence whether or not I should bother to even respond to you, but here we go.

If you look through that thread you found an incredible amount of hate towards a girl who in the interview you say "did little to help the gaming community and painted you as raging pshycho nerds" said "Most guys are nice". She didn't need to say that most people were nice. When you recieve death threats, obscure hate and vile sexism for commentating a league to the best of your ability, then there is something wrong. Especially since this hate got popularized and the norm on this very said forum. I didn't like her commentating, thats one thing. Another thing is to write hatemail and go after her with personal attacks.

She didnt really put the community in the worst of light. But I wouldn't really mind if she did. The community was fucking awful to her and the smart people either supporting her work or giving her constructive critizicm was outnumbered by a mob of disgusting thugs.

I am not a supporter of her work, but that doesn't mean I look down on her as a person. And your sexism slips through at the end of your post. How does she not care about the quality of her content? If you are offended that she took the offer that they probably approached her with you are beyond ignorant.


Of course she has the right to take any job offer. Every fan also has the right to voice an opinion on what she brings to the table. Normally in the real world when nobody enjoys your product, you get replaced. But if you are a semi attractive female who loves to play the martyr, you are given an opportunity to further your career by getting naked? Its just a funny issue to me.

Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 07:22 LagT_T wrote:
I rofl everytime anyone equalizes any internet message to a death threat.


This. I think its funny how internet criticism can bring out the white knight in so many people when its directed towards a female. Its bullshit internet trolling, get over it.

Well, the trolls write their bullshit because it gets more reactions than when they write something normal. There is not only outright trolling, but also people that get the urge to exaggerate in their posts to increase the chance to get a reply. Not being able to bear that usually no one will answer is just as thin skinned as the white knight syndrome posters not being able to hold themselves back from reacting.

All that exaggerating makes the forum boring. The posters start to feel fake to me, and I do not care to read their stuff anymore. I have no idea how one would go at fixing something like that as a moderator, so I have no suggestions. Someone feeling "real" or "fake" is super subjective, and maybe I am just an idiot. After all, I just started thinking about this issue because of the last few posts in this thread. Before that, I only noticed that I seemed to have more fun lurking on TL in the past than I have now. I do not think I was actually aware that I seem to be dodging some threads nowadays.

I just find it not fun to look through the forum when threads get swamped by shitty posts and everyone still posting is mean spirited. I guess I have an agenda and this is why I want to point fingers at shitty posters, regardless of what Kelly Milkies' casting skills and decisions are.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
May 20 2011 11:29 GMT
#21855
I love Artosis' accent It's so effin awesome, really love listenin to him.
Tyree
Profile Joined November 2010
1508 Posts
May 20 2011 11:35 GMT
#21856
Im glad Tyler brought up the actual article, because the pictures are not the issue, how can they be, when it is her right to do as she pleases?

We live in a world where any half decent looking female usualy has slightly raunchy pictures on her Myspace/Facebook/Whatever, people are used to it, presenting our community as a bunch of sexists and racists is funny to me since this particular community tends to enjoy Korean culture and drool over Kpop female stars (some even male stars!). Most people on TL are young males, we are used to these kinds of pictures, to compare us to men from 1930's or whatever is asinine

The thing to remember is that she is not really responsible on how the article was presented and what was being used, i doubt she wanted to smear the community, we all know how journalism works, "ANGRY NERDS WANT TO MURDER INNOCENT GIRL!" is alot more eye catching than "GIRL ON CASTING VIDEOGAMES", just how it is.


★ Top Gun ★
oldahe
Profile Joined May 2010
Austria534 Posts
May 20 2011 11:37 GMT
#21857
Oh boy. I have no clue what this is about again. Gonna watch the the VOD right now...
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 15:20:55
May 20 2011 15:12 GMT
#21858
On May 19 2011 07:06 Talin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 06:59 ellirc wrote:
On May 19 2011 06:37 simme123 wrote:
I'd like to state that the reason that Kelly isn't getting the good response while Nada has a whole thread of praise. Isn't sexist not from my point of view at least. The reason for me is that I just can't stand her accent and therefore I didn't enjoy what she contributed to the starcraft community. However I think we all can agree that nada in BW was godly and deserves all the praise in the world. And also it's hard to be cheerful when the article bashes the community, just as Tyler said.

But then I again I haven't bashed her for it as I see no reason to. It's great that she got into FHM not only for her but just for the publicity it brings to the sc2 community although it might mostly be bad at least from the point of view of teamliquid.

All publicity is good publicity. Nuff said.


That's not true actually.

If anything, that quote gets undeserved good publicity. It's usually misused, or abused to justify all kinds of shit without concern for the consequences.

It's a horrible quote, and it's misleading.

There is one simple question people have to ask themselves before quoting this. Who profits from this (mis)perception? Advertising companies.

On May 19 2011 07:18 Talin wrote:I wasn't trying to start a discussion, but I can't help it. It pains me to see how many people think that taking tips from bloody western entertainment industry is "good" for Starcraft by any stretch of the imagination. It's not. It relies on selling sex, drama, controversy and hate. It's the worst possible direction Starcraft scene can take. Why would anyone want that as a fan?

I'm not talking only about Kelly's article when I say this, there's this overwhelming trend of people in this community enjoying controversy and drama and looking forward to it, or even actively promoting and encouraging it. These things are inherently negative. There's no media spin anyone can put on it to make them positive.

Thank you for that post. So many people keep on banging about how they want Esports to become oh-so-huge and are simultaneously surprised by all the ill effects of becoming part of the established entertainment industry. I'm not saying that people shouldn't be trying to make SC2 big but if its follows this model, expecting it to turn into anything but a hatefest is naive.

P.S. Get Kelly on the show.
Deadlyfish
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1980 Posts
May 20 2011 15:26 GMT
#21859
On May 20 2011 09:48 FliedLice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 07:32 LagT_T wrote:
On May 20 2011 07:31 kmh wrote:
On May 20 2011 07:22 LagT_T wrote:
I rofl everytime anyone equalizes any internet message to a death threat.


What makes you think it was an internet message?


What makes you think it wasn't?



If it's an internet message that says "I'm going to kill you" it basically can be consiedered a death threat, or not?
It's highly unlikely it's going to happen, but a death threat none the less



Ok, then everyone has gotten death threats. When someone loses a game against me it doesnt surprise me when they say something like "i'm gonna kill you" or "die of cancer", it happens. But that's just the internet being the internet, and i wouldnt call them death threats...

I can understand when people criticize her for making the community seem like a bunch of idiots. Someone said some mean things online to you, get over it.

If they actually went to her in person and told her that they were going to kill her then that's obviously batshit insane. If they just do it online then they're just sad little people, there's a difference.

That being said, people should stop hating on her so much, and just chillax a bit about it. There's plenty of people that i dont like, both casters and players. But i dont feel the need to hate on them whenever their name pops up.

Really wish you guys had video this week though, i reallyyy wanted to see Sheth

And as always, bring more terrans on.
If wishes were horses we'd be eating steak right now.
Ballack
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway821 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 15:41:32
May 20 2011 15:36 GMT
#21860
On May 20 2011 09:35 Talin wrote:
Most of the people who posted blatant hate comments were warned and/or banned outright, though. While I do feel some of the warnings should have been bans and that some of the posts that didn't get warned should have been myself, there's little else that "this site" can or should do.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not putting the defilation of this once great community on TL. They are doing a tremendous job. What I was sayin there was to defend Kelly's position and comments in her interview which so many people are hating on her for saying. Also, as a fine fellow posted, the editing of the interview wasn't done by Kelly, I presume.

I also want to add, allthough my first post was very direct, I'm not saying this is a piece of shit community. I'm saying the uniqueness of its quality has been stripped away, and now it looks much more like any other gaming community.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On May 20 2011 09:35 Talin wrote:
Her popularity and image in the community also depends on her. Can you imagine Sean getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's just because she's female, can you imagine Anna getting in a similar position in the community? Or if you think it's because she's a female commentator, Eleine or Soe? Or Khaldor because of the accent? That list literally covers every single reason people claim Kelly is "hated" for - but strangely enough, other people are not (quite the opposite actually).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you are pointing out here matters little unless you can pin point what exactly about her deserves all the hate she has been a victim of. Do you know why she got this position? Because hating her became popularized and the people who are unserious and lacks critical thinking threw themselves over it. Serious people will rise above all the maliciousness, and they did that. The veterans of this forum didn't hate on her. What was portrayed in this case was the sheer number of people who are unserious trolls. When that number reaches a certain hight, the community suffers from it. And that is what I believe has happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On May 20 2011 09:35 Talin wrote:
Trying to shove guilt on the whole of TL and Starcraft community and implying that there's something fundamentally wrong here because one person is so widely disliked or that there's this horde of racist, sexist lunatics lurking and waiting for somebody to hate on is clearly misleading and dead wrong.

Controversy never helped anyone, and this article is clearly controversial in more ways than one. Everyone who avoids controversy is almost universally liked and respected on TL, regardless of gender or race. Seems like a pretty good guideline to follow to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I'm not trying to shove guilt on anyone, the guilt is on SC2 being released, which was not to be avoided. I only mentioned the lunatics to defend Kelly's comments in that interview. I know that number is quite low and is a fringe element. But the people able to accept and run along with hate towards a person who has done nothing wrong is a big one, thats the issue here.

What did Kelly do that was controversial? Please tell me what is so fundamentally wrong with this person. The reality of it is, she got a shitstorm of hate towards here for no apparent reason. Thats a reason good enough to criticize a community.
Just when I thought I was out, Blizz pulled me back in..
Prev 1 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 444
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1138
actioN 461
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 91
Zeus 65
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 25
Sexy 25
ToSsGirL 21
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
JYJ 19
Shine 18
NaDa 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7921
qojqva2095
Dendi733
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1200
Fnx 727
x6flipin456
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu743
Other Games
Beastyqt745
B2W.Neo592
ceh9495
byalli368
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0148
Khaldor128
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr56
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 40
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3921
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• WagamamaTV391
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 57m
Stellar Fest
18h 57m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.